Alternate Card Art Can Sometimes be Stupid [Photon Lead]

Idc if there's been a thread for this card in the past week.

This art change makes no sense at all.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110715212758/yugioh/images/thumb/9/9f/PhotonLeadPHSW-JP-R.jpg/294px-PhotonLeadPHSW-JP-R.jpg[/img][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111105150539/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c9/PhotonLead-PHSW-EN-C-1E.jpg/319px-PhotonLead-PHSW-EN-C-1E.jpg[/img]

Discuss Photon Lead. But mainly the art.

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1320983224' post='5632121']
>Dian Keto[/quote]
Can't explain that one.

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1320983224' post='5632121']>Reborn[/quote]
Reborn was an Ankh, and was in-appropriate due to being religious.
THOUGH I FIND IT HILARIOUS HOW ANKHS ARE COMMONLY SEEN AMONG [i]EGYPTIAN[/i] ARTWORKS, WHICH WAS THE MAIN BACKSTORY TO THIS GAME,

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1320983224' post='5632121']>Anything with a horn or halo[/quote]
Only if its a Fiend-Type or Fairy-Type, mostly because in OCG they are Demon and Angel respectively.

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1320983224' post='5632121']>Also Pentagrams[/quote]
This one I find to be silly, but its a fair edit.

[quote name='Guardian Ceal' timestamp='1320983224' post='5632121']>Anything with graves as well[/quote]
No, anything with a [i]cross[/i] grave. Generic tombstones are fine.

As for this card's artwork, it was supposed to be a reference to the fact Shining Angel and Nova Summoner can Summon eachother.
Now.... Its like some weird-ass roman Pokemon Trainer(?)

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1320990682' post='5632301']
As for this card's artwork, it was supposed to be a reference to the fact Shining Angel and Nova Summoner can Summon eachother.
[/quote]

Roman #1: What are you doing?
Roman #2: I'm designing a game where a 10-year old goes on a quest to capture monsters! It takes place in an highly technologically advanced place where they have advanced so far they have toilets in the house, "televisions" and something called a video player, coming soon to a colleseum near you: pocket monsters: Roman edition. Gotta catch em all!
Roman #1:What...?

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1320991130' post='5632311']
Roman #1: What are you doing?
Roman #2: I'm designing a game where a 10-year old goes on a quest to capture monsters! It takes place in an highly technologically advanced place where they have advanced so far they have toilets in the house, "televisions" and something called a video player, coming soon to a colleseum near you: pocket monsters: Roman edition. Gotta catch em all!
Roman #1:What...?
[/quote]

A game where they are so technologically advanced that these are very common:
Moving stuff around via teleportation.
Carrying Pokemon that weight even tons in multiples by ten year olds.
Yet, know about less than 150 species of their own fauna in their world.

Thinking about it again, it's pretty scary to know that Pokemon are essentially animals with human-level brain capacity and the ability to become potential weapons.
(I freaking love those games)

OT:
Never noticed before, but Nova Summoner looks like an Ophan, which is among the highest ranked angels, but this is just a searcher with Giant Rat-like stats.

I consider censoring to be stupid in Yugioh. There are clearly no real standards to follow (other than religion, violence, and sex, it doesn't really say where the line is drawn, as stated in an above comment). If a picture is made for the card, then it is part of the game. People can't take the image? people can't handle the game then. Or that's how it should be. BTW, I consider reverse censorship equally bad. It's pretty pointless.

I hadn't noticed the change in this card. I just thought the card looked more appealing over the internet before. Now I know why it lost it's good point.
Effect is ok.

Can't explain that one.

[b]loldianketo anyway.[/b]

Reborn was an Ankh, and was in-appropriate due to being religious.
THOUGH I FIND IT HILARIOUS HOW ANKHS ARE COMMONLY SEEN AMONG [i]EGYPTIAN[/i] ARTWORKS, WHICH WAS THE MAIN BACKSTORY TO THIS GAME,

[b]exactly.[/b]

Only if its a Fiend-Type or Fairy-Type, mostly because in OCG they are Demon and Angel respectively.

[s][b]Revived king Ha Des Treeborn frog[/b][/s][b] Fair enough.[/b]

This one I find to be silly, but its a fair edit.

No, anything with a [i]cross[/i] grave. Generic tombstones are fine.

[b]Almost everything with graves has cross graves :P[/b]
[/quote]Comments = BOLD
Then I forgot Worm prince.
It has Worm A's Removed because they were worshiping it.
lol.

[/quote]
Roman #1: i choose you Nova Summoner
Roman #2: what the hell?
Roman #1: oh have you not heard, Konami has p***ed off nintendo by making a YGO version of Pokemon set in Roman times, and we Romans are pokemon trainers
Roman #2: so what is the game called?
Roman #1: Yugimonz: Roman Edition

OT: until i saw this topic i didn't know that the art changed

Archived