The Newest BS Law The American Government Wants To Pass.

OmegaWave

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote][b] Risk of Jail for Ordinary Users[/b]
[size=2]
It becomes a felony with a potential 5 year sentence to stream a copyrighted work that would cost more than $2,500 to license, even if you are a totally noncommercial user, e.g. singing a pop song on Facebook.[/size][/quote]

That is stupid. If you're using it for non-profitable purposes, you are more than allowed to do that.

Lucky I'm not in America then :>

f***

The

Government.

[b] [quote]Website Blocking[/b]

The government can order service providers to block websites for infringing links posted by any users.[/quote]

Well, there goes our site. And Facebook and Twitter and Youtube and Photobucket and Imageshack....need I say more? And also, since everything is run with a Republican Congress right now, the only thing the Democrats can do is sit back in their chairs and not do a damn thing about it.

[b] [quote]Risk of Jail for Ordinary Users[/b]

It becomes a felony with a potential 5 year sentence to stream a copyrighted work that would cost more than $2,500 to license, even if you are a totally noncommercial user, e.g. singing a pop song on Facebook.[/quote]

Okay, so this isn't even any more about our rights on paper (i.e. the Freedom of Speech); this is more about our rights as a human.

NO ONE SINGS ON FACEBOOK TO GAIN MONEY, YOU FUCKTARDS! PEOPLE DO IT BECAUSE THEY FEEL LIKE THEY WANT TO DO IT AND SHOW OFF TO THEIR FRIENDS! SERIOUSLY, YOU IDIOTS IN CONGRESS NEED TO STOP WITH THESE BULLSHIT LAWS!

It was Bill Clinton who initiated the program to start the Internet in the first place, and now the Government wants to get rid of it? Seriously? WTF?

If this keeps up, I'm moving to the U.K.

EDIT: If I need to clean this up, then so be it. But I'm still pretty mad.

[quote]"SOPA, regrettably, represents a big step backward in Washington's efforts to support the digital revolution, one of the only sectors of the economy that continues to grow."[/quote]

So we're limiting Internet power in order to save the economic struggle?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUBeWs68CQ[/media]

EDIT: This man probably feels the same way.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321409990' post='5645357']
Seriously though, this won't happen. Even if it does pass it will be found unconstitutional.
[/quote]

Clear and Present Danger doctrine.

tl;dr The Surpreme Court can completely ignore the amendments (aka our rights) if the country is in clear and present danger. We are currently in a (never ending) war on terrorism.

Our government is not perfect. At all. Other countries have a constitution that's awesome an is younger than ours (coughjapancough) and they do awesome. Why is it our government has to be the corrupted one?

GOOD NEWS:
YCM won't be seeing a black censorship bar at midnight due to YCMaker being...err...inactive? o.o

I now know how the world will end 2012.

BAD NEWS:
Nerds will strike out against the government. The government will retaliate against the nerds. The Rednecks will get angry at the retaliation and will strike out against the nerds blaming them for the retaliation. Nerds will then freak out and attempt to create super soldiers but fail and create zombies instead.

Zombies will begin roaming the planet.

In the event of above statements, or anything simliar, happening, please calmly get on the internet and look up how to survive the zombie apocalypse. Wait...the Government is going to censor the internet. ...scratch that plan and run like hell.

It's not about the bill, but more about government corruption as a whole. You live in the US right, you should be well informed of such a topic.

To answer your question though, I have read S978 and S968. They are as vague as people say. I'm assuming this builds off those.

itt: 5% of the House supporting a bill to infringe human rights is TOTAL GOVERMENT CORRUPTION OMG

Saying that the American Government wants to pass this bill is a gigantic overstatement. The bill was introduced three weeks ago, and it takes a shitton of review and discussion and changes to make it an actual law, not to mention we don't see the whole House or the whole Senate supporting it.

[quote name='GreigaBeastDS' timestamp='1321411280' post='5645413']
It's not about the bill, but more about government corruption as a whole. You live in the US right, you should be well informed of such a topic.

To answer your question though, I have read S978 and S968. They are as vague as people say. I'm assuming this builds off those.
[/quote]

not always, sometimes the government keeps the people in the dark so that when they do know, it'll be too late

Archived