The Newest BS Law The American Government Wants To Pass.

OmegaWave

@byakk: I wasn't referring to just the bill, but okay. Now I know the actual status of it. And also, I didn't even say that. That's just everyone else overreacting.

@above: But what I learned in school is that our government is supposed to be for the people. So now they're liars?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='GreigaBeastDS' timestamp='1321411677' post='5645430']
@byakk: I wasn't referring to just the bill, but okay. Now I know the actual status of it. And also, I didn't even say that. That's just everyone else overreacting.

@above: But what I learned in school is that our government is supposed to be for the people. So now they're liars?
[/quote]

please, didn't you learn anything from what the government did in the Vietnam War?

They specifically made it sound like the war wasn't as bad as it was, but the media eventually figured this wasn't adding up and went to investigate it themselves.

When they spoke the truth, Nixon tried to trace the leaks to force the media to remain obedient to the government and not to the people

the public flipped, and since then there's always been suspicion that the government lies all the time

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321412045' post='5645442']

please, didn't you learn anything from what the government did in the Vietnam War?

They specifically made it sound like the war wasn't as bad as it was, but the media eventually figured this wasn't adding up and went to investigate it themselves.

When they spoke the truth, Nixon tried to trace the leaks to force the media to remain obedient to the government and not to the people

the public flipped, and since then there's always been suspicion that the government lies all the time
[/quote]

We're not there yet. We did learn that the media does a great job of provoking the public though. Ever heard of the SS Maine I think it was?

[quote name='â—ŠRenjiâ—Š' timestamp='1321412276' post='5645459']
Um, this is a joke right? Isn't this against the constitution?

I say this is high treason, and treason must be dealt with. I say off with the government's head! D:<
[/quote]

Can't do that, Renji. The government isn't a monarchy like Alice in Wonderland.

You can't just go "Off with his head" and expect it to be carried out on the spot.

[quote name='â—ŠRenjiâ—Š' timestamp='1321412748' post='5645480']
@ragnarok: If 300 Spartans can beat 300 million tiger riding Persians at the battle of Waterloo to free our great country from the Imperial Army, I'm sure we can defeat the government! :D
[/quote]
300 Spartans can beat anything, your argument is invalid...

I usually love these debates but to be honest I am sick of this topic... It wont happen to be onest and they are stupid for thinking it..

It ain't gonna happen. The House of Representatives is predominantly Republican and the Senate predominantly Democratic. There has to be a 2/3 majority vote in both houses and as you can see, only one of the two houses of Congress is predominantly Republican/Conservative, so the 2/3 in the House might happen, but not in the Senate. And even then, our president is Democratic and likely won't support it, possibly vetoing it. And even if he signs it, the Supreme Court will find it in violation of the First Amendment and therefore unconstitutional.

[quote name='✪✪✪~Star~✪✪✪' timestamp='1321409856' post='5645346']
[size=8]I'M DONE[/size]
[size=8][size=3]If this comes in....I'm going to try and move to Canada.[/size][/size]
[size=8][size=3]And it violates the freedom of speech too....[/size][/size]
[/quote]

You should see what they're trying to pass in Canada. :S

Archived