Verz Castor

I watched it years and years ago, so I hardly remember anything. Also, the Sacreds can't be corrupted. Vylons are different because they had a god complex beforehand, and coming in contact with Steelswarm simply amplified that. Sacreds are implied to be pure good warriors of legend. Pollux is Castor because the gemini character ALWAYS has 2 halves.

As Venser pointed out, Castor and Pollux both represent Gemini in classical mythology, as they are twin brothers. Verz Castor could just be Sacred Pollux's twin rather than Pollux's Verzion. However, where was it said that the Sacreds can't be corrupted by the Verz virus? They came to fight the Verz, but that doesn't mean they're immune to the effects of the virus.

This card is a walking Double Summon for the Verz, but at least it can be used more than Pollux's effect can.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1321636557' post='5650754']
As Venser pointed out, Castor and Pollux both represent Gemini in classical mythology, as they are twin brothers. Verz Castor could just be Sacred Pollux's twin rather than Pollux's Verzion. However, where was it said that the Sacreds can't be corrupted by the Verz virus? They came to fight the Verz, but that doesn't mean they're immune to the effects of the virus.

This card is a walking Double Summon for the Verz, but at least it can be used more than Pollux's effect can.
[/quote]

They're wearing the Armour of the Vylons.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1321646109' post='5651015']
[img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mbs/50.jpg[/img]

Verz are too much like Phyrexia...
[/quote]

This sums up the topic. Phyrexia in a nutshell, methinks.

Anyway, what will obviously happen is the reappearance of the Vylons since they were never officially wiped out by the Steelswarm corruption. They just disappeared. But knowing Konami, they'll stick in a plot device archetype to invade the world.

Oh, and pretty sure Ravenous and I were like the only ones who immediately though Castor and Pollux :S

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321590453' post='5650110']
When I read the thread's title I thought it would be the Verz counterpart of Catastor, which would have been extraordinary because so far Verz have not infected neither Machine-Types nor DARK monsters.
[/quote]Golem says hi.
[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321627578' post='5650539']
So, if Verz managed to infect Sacreds, what hope the DT World has now?
[/quote]They didn't infect anything. I think that a different archetype got both infected by Verz and blessed by Sacreds. Is there a DT card with 2 identical humanoid monsters in the art?

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321646462' post='5651021']
This sums up the topic. Phyrexia in a nutshell, methinks.

Anyway, what will obviously happen is the reappearance of the Vylons since they were never officially wiped out by the Steelswarm corruption. They just disappeared. But knowing Konami, they'll stick in a plot device archetype to invade the world.

Oh, and pretty sure Ravenous and I were like the only ones who immediately though Castor and Pollux :S
[/quote]
YCM rides Black Goat and Thor. They don't respect the other stuff ;~;

Verz are shaping up to actually be pretty good. This and Mandrago make all of those Rank 4s pretty simple to make. Corrosive Contagion Infestation and Creeping Darkness add massive search potential. Most of the Rank 4s are pretty awesome. Interesting archetype for sure, both thematically and playwise.

Archived