Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I am no longer being able to log in on duel portal. Either the Log In button never becomes clickable and when it does it starts loading forever, yesterday this problem was not there. Edit: Browser: Firefox.

Edit 2: managed to log in after someone logged out. Don't know if the events are related just wanted you to know.

I am no longer being able to log in on duel portal. Either the Log In button never becomes clickable and when it does it starts loading forever, yesterday this problem was not there. Edit: Browser: Firefox.

Edit 2: managed to log in after someone logged out. Don't know if the events are related just wanted you to know.

Thanks for letting me know, most likely the server was just busy.

I have a few suggestions for some features for the next version of DP. An option to toggle whether a monster is an extra deck monster or not, so we don't have to select any of the extra deck types for custom mechanics (while still having the Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz automatically have this option toggled when they're selected). And maybe an option to upload our our stars and attributes too would be pretty cool (not sure if this one is within what you can do, but that's why it is called a suggestion ^_^).

Hi there everyone, I've been making custom cards on my own with a group of friends for a while now and we were having quite a lot of fun proxing them on DN before the site got the C&D. I'm a new user here, but a long time lurker, and I used to use this site for creating cards before just outright proxying them for use on DN (and taking advantage of the custom image uploader), but then it got taken down. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult skimming through 155 pages of questions and the search bar didn't help significantly so I just wanted to ask here, if it's the right place to ask.

I'd love to create a small CCG for the group of my friends (around 3-5, including myself) but none of them are users here/would be new users. Would I still be allowed to make one, or do I have to wait until I meet a certain post requirement/be registered for a certain period of time?

EDIT: Apparently that FAQ's old as hell. Well the question still stands, how do you make (or request) a CCG?

I have a few suggestions for some features for the next version of DP. An option to toggle whether a monster is an extra deck monster or not, so we don't have to select any of the extra deck types for custom mechanics (while still having the Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz automatically have this option toggled when they're selected). And maybe an option to upload our our stars and attributes too would be pretty cool (not sure if this one is within what you can do, but that's why it is called a suggestion ^_^).

I think I can do the first. Some other people have been asking for that too.

The second one would be possible, but would be a lot of work, and I've not heard another person request it.

Hi there everyone, I've been making custom cards on my own with a group of friends for a while now and we were having quite a lot of fun proxing them on DN before the site got the C&D. I'm a new user here, but a long time lurker, and I used to use this site for creating cards before just outright proxying them for use on DN (and taking advantage of the custom image uploader), but then it got taken down. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult skimming through 155 pages of questions and the search bar didn't help significantly so I just wanted to ask here, if it's the right place to ask.

I'd love to create a small CCG for the group of my friends (around 3-5, including myself) but none of them are users here/would be new users. Would I still be allowed to make one, or do I have to wait until I meet a certain post requirement/be registered for a certain period of time?

EDIT: Apparently that FAQ's old as hell. Well the question still stands, how do you make (or request) a CCG?

Welcome!

We're in a transition to a "new" Duel Portal, so a new CCG will have to wait until then. But the idea will be mostly the same. When it's out, just message me on this site. There's no requirements other than having 3+ people (which you do)

Just another suggestion; could you possibly make it so that we can see the face-down banished cards? Aside from my banished face-down focused archetype, there is a Pot of Desires which everyone can run, and I think an ability to check that 10 cards later on for information about the remaining cards in the deck would be convenient.

Whenever I connect to a Duel it freezes as soon as we connect and I have to restart my browser. Happens on both Safari and Firefox.

That's strange. All I can say is I hope it won't be an issue with the new version.

Just another suggestion; could you possibly make it so that we can see the face-down banished cards? Aside from my banished face-down focused archetype, there is a Pot of Desires which everyone can run, and I think an ability to check that 10 cards later on for information about the remaining cards in the deck would be convenient.

Oh, you're right. I was under the impression that the player couldn't see the cards either :P It will be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now in DP we can move cards to whatever zone we feel like (i.e. putting a monster in a Field Zone). Do you think you could keep that feature for the Unity version of Duel Portal please? It allows for so much creative freedom

Well, you could just do both, like we already have, where you activate cards normally or just move them.

Right now in DP we can move cards to whatever zone we feel like (i.e. putting a monster in a Field Zone). Do you think you could keep that feature for the Unity version of Duel Portal please? It allows for so much creative freedom

Sure thing.

You'd have to ask sea to reset it, but I don't know where he is lately (well, he logs on daily, but how often to check, * shrug *).

Otherwise, how much stuff do you have saved?

I'm still around, just quiet :-)

@ zomg.py - You'll be able to reset your pass yourself in the next version, but for now, if you want to PM me your username and new pass I can reset it for you.

Hello,

i don't know why, but  when i upload a card from yugioh card maker in the submit the image failed to load.

It happens also to one of my friends we're both using firefox.

Can you give me the URL?

You'd have to ask sea to reset it, but I don't know where he is lately (well, he logs on daily, but how often to check, * shrug *).

Otherwise, how much stuff do you have saved?

Just a number of custom-only decks and no battles, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad just to make a new account. I'd be bummed by not being able to use my own username, but oh well.

I'll get round to talking to him when I get the time, probably over the next few days. Many thanks for the advice.

Hey, out of curiosity, since I don't see an option. Is there a way to duel privately on Duel Portal? Do it without being public or being seen, with a friend? We have a habit of playing it out similar to the show, where we can use cards to do wild or stupid things, similar to catapulting a monster to destroy a castle's floatation ring and destroy a whole field of monsters, or whatever. But, my friend is shy and doesn't like playing it publically. Is there a way to do a private match?

Last time I checked, no. Though, might be a good option to have (somewhat similar to what Dueling Network / Book have to an extent),

Just a number of custom-only decks and no battles, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad just to make a new account. I'd be bummed by not being able to use my own username, but oh well.

I'll get round to talking to him when I get the time, probably over the next few days. Many thanks for the advice.

Just PM him here saying that you need a password reset and he'll probably do something about it.

So, I'm updating my first good archetype, not sure how bug you are on your DP culture, but Royal Paladins and CLASH were titan archetypes back at the beginning of DP.  I'm updating the CLASH archetype (since I made it) and I noted over half of the cards are missing when I searched them in the card editor.  They are still there when I look at my deck editor, but not when I search them in the card editor.  Also, the ghost count is rising...

• 4 weeks later...

Is Duel Portal still works? If yes, where can I play?

Yes it still works, you can play at Duelportal.us on Internet explorer (since Mozilla stopped supporting silverlight) or on Chrome with a add on (not sure which).  I hope sea finishes the unity version of DP soon.

Yes it still works, you can play at Duelportal.us on Internet explorer (since Mozilla stopped supporting silverlight) or on Chrome with a add on (not sure which).  I hope sea finishes the unity version of DP soon.

IEOnChrome.

But yeah, still waiting on the Unity version to be done; will be a lot easier to test out stuff as opposed to having to use my outdated YGOPro for that.

Archived