Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to make my own Card Pool?

Custom card pools are for CCGs (Custom Card Games) with 3 or more people. If you find 2 other people, then sure.

Keep in mind that using a custom card pool would prevent you from using any of the public cards (including TCG cards)

When you go to the card submission tab in DP, you can either type in the data manually in the provided fields OR you can import them directly from YCM.

Go to the card maker, open your card and right-click/copy the image location (should be a very long string of text). Paste that into the provided box (and obviously hit the submit button); your card should be uploaded.

A lot of us have been having trouble playing any games on DP as of late; the main issue being that it does not update a given player's cards for the other player (Whether they've drawn them, placed them, or done anything to them). This becomes problematic as it essentially makes the program unplayable; and while we've found ways around this before, those aren't working now and even the ways we did find around it make playing on the program quite a chore.

Noting alongside Drew (Was kinda ninja'd :X) I was just doing a duel with a friend and they couldn't even see my cards without several glitches in occurrence. I tried using several of the usual ways to fix these issues, but apparently none worked. I can give some errors if needbe (Gives something when I attempt to shuffle the hand, I might try to edit these in at some point), but the big thing is I haven't been able to resolve them. I'm not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, but if they have, I'd be interested in know if they found a solution

Thx! But I figured that out a little later, but I realized that I didn't put a picture. So I went back and edited it, and I uploaded a picture, but now... It takes up the whole card, and I don't know how to fix it! HELP!

You have to create a card, then use that as the Image. You can do so either through the Yugioh Card Maker program, or other card creator software.

A lot of us have been having trouble playing any games on DP as of late; the main issue being that it does not update a given player's cards for the other player (Whether they've drawn them, placed them, or done anything to them). This becomes problematic as it essentially makes the program unplayable; and while we've found ways around this before, those aren't working now and even the ways we did find around it make playing on the program quite a chore.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been having additional glitches occur on top of the "unable to see a player's hand". While revealing your hand, then shuffling it back into the deck does work to have your opponent see your hand and fixes your deck number, lately I've been having glitches such as my hand always having an extra card in it(which it doesn't) and Extra Deck monsters not appearing until Special Summoned, Banished, then re-summoned. Other than this, I've only come across one more glitch being after watching a duel than entering a duel, it will sometimes retain the old names of the players from the watched duel then proceed to spam error messages making that duel unplayable. I hope these problems can be fixed sometime in the future because Duel port is actually a lot of fun when working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Because Firefox plans to drop Silverlight support by the end of this year (making 2 browsers incompatible now), I've decided to drop further development on this version of Duel Portal. The server will still be running for as long as possible (so you can bug me if it goes down :) ) 

I'm currently working on making a Unity version of Duel Portal, which will be plugin-less. I can't say at this time when it will be completed.

Because Firefox plans to drop Silverlight support by the end of this year (making 2 browsers incompatible now), I've decided to drop further development on this version of Duel Portal. The server will still be running for as long as possible (so you can bug me if it goes down :) ) 

I'm currently working on making a Unity version of Duel Portal, which will be plugin-less. I can't say at this time when it will be completed.

Unity eh? From what I remember, it's suppose to be a good tool for making it work on multiple systems, and also both in browser and standalone. Are you planning on doing that?

I've been unable to upload or edit cards for 2 weeks. I just now cleared my cache. Same problem. It reads "The card could not be submitted. The server may be down.", I know that's a lie because I'm constantly talking to people. I have no other information that could be helpful.

I've been unable to upload or edit cards for 2 weeks. I just now cleared my cache. Same problem. It reads "The card could not be submitted. The server may be down.", I know that's a lie because I'm constantly talking to people. I have no other information that could be helpful.

I was able to submit a card with your account so i'm not sure what is wrong. What browser/os are you using? Current version is 5.31. Sometimes Firefox isn't the best at clearing cache even when you ask it to.

Are you trying to submit it with an image? If so, can you give me the URL?

Archived