Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to submit a card with your account so i'm not sure what is wrong. What browser/os are you using? Current version is 5.31. Sometimes Firefox isn't the best at clearing cache even when you ask it to.

Are you trying to submit it with an image? If so, can you give me the URL?

Okay, I guess I do have more info. I'm using FireFox,  I am trying to submit with an image, http://images5.fanpop.com/image/forum/155000/155885_1320581150442_450_300.jpg

[EDIT]

I tried it out on Internet Explorer, (I've never used it before, not much of a cache to clear.), and it gave me the same problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't really a priority or anything but when the switch to Unity takes place, (I'm not sure if it has or hasn't yet) could the cards images be slightly larger? Btw I think you may get more traffic since YGOPRO and Dueling network websites have just been shut down.

*Clears throat*

Since the rest of these Yugioh Digital Dueling websites, are being shutdown I think you may want to have some added security.

The card creator that gives you card types (Zombie, Continuous, Counter, ETC) should by type-able so that people can add their own types and in turn even add other card game cards. Now hear me out I know that Duel Portal, is about custom YuGiOh duels, but to give protection to your website make it where the Format is usable for multiple types of games (even though people may not use it like that, but it also may help with Custom Yugioh Mechanics)

But that is just an idea, but for when Duel Portal is updated into its new engine, and with flood of new players which is sure to come. Now since any cards are allowed to be made and submitted in Duel Portal what we need is Admins that can screen through these cards.

1: Admins need to be able to ,"Remove" offensive and Troll Cards. (Troll meaning made for no reason or sense)

2: Admins need to be able to take cards made monthly and create a custom ban-list with these added cards, as to make it balanced.

3: We need two Separate Game types Custom and Normal, So that players who want to play the regular game can and those who want to Play Duel Portal can.

Just some Ideas.

*Clears throat*

Since the rest of these Yugioh Digital Dueling websites, are being shutdown I think you may want to have some added security.

The card creator that gives you card types (Zombie, Continuous, Counter, ETC) should by type-able so that people can add their own types and in turn even add other card game cards. Now hear me out I know that Duel Portal, is about custom YuGiOh duels, but to give protection to your website make it where the Format is usable for multiple types of games (even though people may not use it like that, but it also may help with Custom Yugioh Mechanics)

But that is just an idea, but for when Duel Portal is updated into its new engine, and with flood of new players which is sure to come. Now since any cards are allowed to be made and submitted in Duel Portal what we need is Admins that can screen through these cards.

1: Admins need to be able to ,"Remove" offensive and Troll Cards. (Troll meaning made for no reason or sense)

2: Admins need to be able to take cards made monthly and create a custom ban-list with these added cards, as to make it balanced.

3: We need two Separate Game types Custom and Normal, So that players who want to play the regular game can and those who want to Play Duel Portal can.

Just some Ideas.

personally i don't like the idea of a ban list for the custom cards, maybe the admins could just ask the person to slightly change the card or they do it themselves

personally i don't like the idea of a ban list for the custom cards, maybe the admins could just ask the person to slightly change the card or they do it themselves

That would work too, but a ban on a card until its been errata-ed by the maker still needs to be a think. If the maker doesn't then it needs to be banned, but with the whole Change it themselves kinda destroys the control the maker has over their creation. There can still formats OCG, TCG, Advanced, Unlimited where certain cards could fit in and not others.

*Clears throat*

Just some Ideas.

I agree with what this guy said 100%. If a system has support for multiple card games, then it may lower its chances of getting hit like DN and YGOPro did. Plus it could be helpful people making their own card games. Now offensive and troll cards you gotta have a clear definition of offensive, as an admin could simply go "this offends me" and removes it. Do you mean like offensive artwork? (nudity, gore, etc). A custom ban list is a yikes. With how many people that would be entering in cards, it could be a really big hassle unless there is a large amount of admins than know what they're doing. Separate game types I'm on full agreement with.

So overall, I agree with what you are saying I just had a few questions and statements of my own.

@nickredace & REZdragon -

Oh crap! When you said they were "down", I thought you meant because of technical difficulties. But a C&D? :526107_key:

So, because I'm paranoid, I put a "Terms of Service" at the bottom of the site. It's almost exactly like Imgur's ToS and it's only for images uploaded.

Because you're all anonymous and I'm protected under that ToS, the worst that can happen is they'll take the site down. I'm like 95% sure.

Anyways to your point, rebranding it as a general card site is an interesting idea, but.. how general do you want it to be? Should I also be able to play MTG or Hearthstone on Duel Portal?

@nickredace & REZdragon -

Oh crap! When you said they were "down", I thought you meant because of technical difficulties. But a C&D? :526107_key:

So, because I'm paranoid, I put a "Terms of Service" at the bottom of the site. It's almost exactly like Imgur's ToS and it's only for images uploaded.

Because you're all anonymous and I'm protected under that ToS, the worst that can happen is they'll take the site down. I'm like 95% sure.

Besides it's not like any of you have ever uploaded (gasp) copyrighted TCG cards, right? ;D

Anyways to your point, rebranding it as a general card site is an interesting idea, but.. how general do you want it to be? Should I also be able to play MTG or Hearthstone on Duel Portal?

It's a bit hard to control what people upload or who does it, you don't even have a real way to view that regardless, only the person who did it would know, so they can't take it down because of images being used, or if they can, the fix should simply be to remove the images completely. Of course, this is just my thinking, I don't know the law on this kind of thing.

Archived