Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

How many people actually use this program ive dueled twice on it and that was with friends ive only seen one person i dont know on there but by the time my duel finished he was gone (he watched for a while).

I personally think this needs more exposure Imo being able to use your custom cards in an online game is amazing but there are very few people online to play with which really sucks and im on pretty much all day too. I think this needs more exposure or some updates to make it better to attract more players. Im really shocked more of this sites users dont use it even just to test their archetypes or single cards only a couple of times.

Am trying to join again.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried running it as an administrator but it says there's a problem connecting with the database. Help me please...

Still doesn't work? :( I can only think this must be an issue with your computer since it works fine for me and most people.

Do all the cards show when you first open the program?

How many times did you try to upload your card?

Next version I will try to address these issues so we can find a more clear solution.

How many people actually use this program ive dueled twice on it and that was with friends ive only seen one person i dont know on there but by the time my duel finished he was gone (he watched for a while).

I personally think this needs more exposure Imo being able to use your custom cards in an online game is amazing but there are very few people online to play with which really sucks and im on pretty much all day too. I think this needs more exposure or some updates to make it better to attract more players. Im really shocked more of this sites users dont use it even just to test their archetypes or single cards only a couple of times.

We have many registered but few online at the same time.

I appreciate you sticking with it though. We need people to attract more people, which is hard to do when there isn't a huge player base to begin with.

When I release the new version, I'm going to tell folks on YugiCo about it, and hopefully expand the player base.

• I think we should start a compile a list of times in whch we're each most likely to play. Every gives their time zones so we can compare times that we are online. Or we could even create a facebook group(if you are apart of the group the page gives u a notification whenever someone posts) so each person post when they are on. those who reply/comment will then precede to duel.

COOL BEANS??

I think we should start a compile a list of times in whch we're each most likely to play. Every gives their time zones so we can compare times that we are online. Or we could even create a facebook group(if you are apart of the group the page gives u a notification whenever someone posts) so each person post when they are on. those who reply/comment will then precede to duel.

COOL BEANS??

I wouldn't suggest putting this on Facebook, since it would be a good tool to use in bringing in new members. I would suggest something like this be implemented here, though, if we want to drum up interest and actual ability to duel.

On a related note, on both of the last two occasions where I've attempted to duel somebody, DP has frozen up on me on the dueling screen. It also apparently gives someone the ability to challenge me and get into a partner-less duel while I'm still connecting to the server. Also, it is impossible for me to exit from that frozen screen without logging out.

Good ideas prince and nu-mou. I agree that implementation is best on this site.

If the lobby was more sophisticated would that be a better alternative? I could make an "Active" and "Away" status so people can open up the program and not get confused if someone doesn't respond.

@ Nu - Mou - never encountered freezing :o I don't know what could be causing that error but i'll look into it.

For the Challenging issues, it's hard to tell from another chatter's perspective if someone is really "entered" into the room, during those 3 or so ambiguous seconds. But I can make it so you can join an existing duel if you're supposed to be playing in it. That was a problem in the past XD

The other player is notified when their opponent entered the playing field (the "Connection OK" message)

I upload card images for some of my cards but at times it seems that i can't even upload them like it says "There is no image" like duh, i am trying to upload one but it won't let me, so i refresh,quit,remake card again same result, now 1 card that was to be deleted it still there!? Or was deleted.

I upload card images for some of my cards but at times it seems that i can't even upload them like it says "There is no image" like duh, i am trying to upload one but it won't let me, so i refresh,quit,remake card again same result, now 1 card that was to be deleted it still there!? Or was deleted.

could you post the Image URLs that are problematic?

OK, I uploaded those images, and it worked fine for me. For some reason, maybe you weren't loading all the card definitions.

Anyways, if it still gives you trouble, (after checking to make sure the names in the card and the picture are exactly the same), you don't need to re-upload the card.

@ everyone - btw, I cleared all the old images from the database and put them elsewhere, in preparation for the new version. So don't be alarmed, they will all be there in the next version :)

Well, I again attempted to Duel someone, namely KNiiGHT. This time, whenever one of us tried to challenge the other, we got into a partner-less Duel. How's that "Join own Duel" button coming along?

If you need any additional information, I'm running Windows 7, DP was not run as an Admin, and KNiiGHT was a guest at the time.

Archived