YCLoveMaker Hotel: We Love You All to Death~!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1338690455' post='5951298']
We were talking about Homestuck Mythological Roles and what ours would be. Your Element would most likely be [s]Unoriginality[/s] Void.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Page of Void is probably the most insulting title as that could possibly mean "lack of potential."[/color]

[color=#0000CD]Although quite frankly because of his splintering self Heart is a possibility for him. I wouldn't rule out Space as something possibly suiting him.[/color]

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1338690834' post='5951302']
The funny thing is that the Page of Void makes sense, as due to a lack of potential he resorts to copying abilities from already existing things to make up for it.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]A tad bit surprised you're not playing on the Heart having a splintering self thing.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]You'd really think as the leader of the hotel he'd have Blood as his aspect but it really doesn't suit him all that well.[/color]

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1338692279' post='5951312']
Heart seems a touch cliche for me no? I'm not splintered, I just tend to be at ends with myself.
[color=#0000CD]I was talking about him. Although due to your 12 whatchmacallits Heart does seem fairly viable for you. Perhaps more than Creator. Mage and Hope work together better than Mage and Heart though.[/color]

Yeah, Blood REALLY doesn't seem to be him, and I don't think Space suits him as well.
[color=#0000CD]He could probably pull off a hero of Space fine if you ask me.[/color]
Really, Jake does feel like a Hero of Void to me.
[color=#0000CD]Can't argue this to be honest. Not much of a page though.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1338693719' post='5951325']
The 14 Stanzas are derivatives of a Personality that is focused on, not splinters, more of a focus than anything else.
[color="#0000cd"]Sounds like an inbetween between Dirk's splinters and Nepeta's RPing.[/color]

Space cna be hard to carefully control really, you don't want to give him ideas.
[color=#0000CD]Good point.[/color]
[/quote]

I mean that how well you fare with powers is based on your experience with them. As such getting a power set you are unfamiliar with can be quite the disadvantage. The issue with miming is thta unless you're proficient with what you're copying, you will never do as well as the progenitor of the powers.

@Broken
Didn't say it was flawless, just saying what the title means.

I'm still capable of Strife on my own of course. For example, I can Strife, encounter Bec Noir, use my powers as Thief of Blood and teleport randomly.

I could teleport away, behind him, or just a few inches.

I like a little unpredictability.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1338698628' post='5951358']
I mean that how well you fare with powers is based on your experience with them. As such getting a power set you are unfamiliar with can be quite the disadvantage. The issue with miming is thta unless you're proficient with what you're copying, you will never do as well as the progenitor of the powers.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]This is true but as a thief he'd be stealing it. Not just copying it. In that case it could actually turn out to be quite an OP title. Although I'm not sure if stealing an enemies soul necessarily means stealing their powers.[/color]

I copy, mix and match, and attempt to have as many tricks in my arsenal as I can.

But Broken it seems is one of the few who realized the disadvantage. I am not proficient in everything, in some I can't even use properly.

The easiest example would have to be controlling water. I cannot simply get the hang of it no matter how many times I attempt it.

Archived