so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Misguided, if that is what you mean by corrupt, would certainly be the best choice, all the more drama if the guy is student-age. Though, I feel there needs to be something else going on, besides this organisation occasionally doing bad things.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This idea has been in my head for a while. Hope you like it.

In the world of ABCDE(Temporary names, along with the following) there reside 5 major countries: A, B, C, D, and E. The average technological level of ABCDE is that of the Medieval era. Each country has its own field that they specialize in, making their technology in that field above the rest. For the longest time the 5 countries avoided contact with each other, allowing peace to reside within the world of ABCDE. Suddenly C declared war and took over A. The other countries avoided getting into the war because they did not think that it would go any further; they thought that A had wronged C. After a few months of rest,C, now owning A, declared war on D; taking it over as well. Once B and E heard of this victory they formed an alliance to fight off C. They put up a good fight, but they were slowly getting pushed against a wall. About a month after B and E joined the fight, E got taken over. This left B in a very bad situation. B was at its final stand, guarding their Capital. C attacked B and was about to win, when  explosions happened in its ranks. Many of the Generals though that B did a sneak attack, but in fact it was one of their own Generals betraying them(could be more, depends on how many people want to play as Generals that betrayed C). As quickly as the fight started the ranks of C were surrounded, traitors behind them and B's troops in front of them. B took advantage of this and finished off C's troop that were sent there, still C had many more men elsewhere. 

Once the battle was over many of the Generals of B thought that this was the turning point in the war. The knew that there were many that wanted to fight against C, just like the General and his men did when they betrayed C. They just needed to find said people to help in the war. Not only that but the general that betrayed C was the reason C was winning most of their battles. He was the lead tactician of C's army. The general name was X(again temporary). He told B that something was wrong with C's king. That he was never violent and never showed violent intent. X also could not handle what he was doing, hurting innocent people. X told B that he was going to follow his heart instead of his king and fight against C. C was scared and too much in shock to attack B again so B spent 3 months to regroup its forces, along with recruiting new men(its an expression, woman are also included) and attacked C.

You play as one of the Generals or Lieutenants that fight with B. You could have either started at B, betrayed C, or been recruited in the time that B had to rest. I will not allow people to work for B because it would ruin the whole plan I have, sorry. You will start of in the middle of the battle that was just mentioned. Many more Generals/Lieutenants(NPCs) can be recruited as territory is won back, or lost. This will determine how easy future battles will be. Enemy Generals/Lieutenants can be recruited as well, if you can convince them. The amount of Generals/Lieutenants(talking about key ones, the ones that play major parts in the story) will determine the ending(there's two major endings) along with ending within the endings(what the characters do after the war; if certain generals/lieutenants were  killed or not recruited other generals/lieutenants will have different endings.) I will be making a map for this world and be color coding it(who owns what) as the plot progresses. There is magic, but only Angel Feathers(the name for those who can use magic) can use it. Most of the Generals are Angel Feathers; none of the infantry can use magic. The battles will range from large scale(hundreds of men) to infiltration missions(very small amount of men). 

I think that's all I've got so far. I may have more, but I cant remember at the moment. So If you're interested tell me so I can develop it more. If you want to help me develop it tell me so i can start a PM with you. The more people help the better because it will be a load off me. 

Have an idea for a mecha rp. The mecha would be similar technologically to the ATs of Armored trooper VOTOMS, or the Gears and Striders of Heavy Gear, albeit larger and just a bit more advanced. I'm currently in the process of building a universe for it.

Plot wise, it'd focus on a group pf mercenary mech pilots as they get involved in a shadow war of sorts between two interstellar superpowers.Thoughts?

Have an idea for a mecha rp. The mecha would be similar technologically to the ATs of Armored trooper VOTOMS, or the Gears and Striders of Heavy Gear, albeit larger and just a bit more advanced. I'm currently in the process of building a universe for it.

Plot wise, it'd focus on a group pf mercenary mech pilots as they get involved in a shadow war of sorts between two interstellar superpowers.Thoughts?

Mecha eh? Now that's something I don't see often here.
Go for it.

Just want to throw my hat into the list of interested parties.

How much of it do you have planned?

I have the opening portions of the plot. the world is built, and, i'm writing up bios for the mecha right now. Anything specific you'd like to know?

And, just making sure my SRW memory isn't completely shot, but your avi is fighter roar, correct?

I have the opening portions of the plot. the world is built, and, i'm writing up bios for the mecha right now. Anything specific you'd like to know?

And, just making sure my SRW memory isn't completely shot, but your avi is fighter roar, correct?

Indeed, Fighter Roar.

Right now not much.  Just running through ideas for a character at the moment.

I'm thinking of ressurecting someone else's old idea, 'YuGiMon'.
It's about Yugioh cards ending up as Pokemon in the Pokemon World.
Including the humanoid ones.
World building is a challenge for me.
I intend to start the OoC after the release of XY, because Fairies.

Trying to remember and modify details.

Would be interesting, but it is kinda hard to wrap my head around throwing a Pokeball and a Celtic Guardian coming out.

Combining elements of Pokemon and Yugioh to make something not quite as good as either. Sounds silly to me, but you can always give it a shot.

Sorry Jolta, but I kinda see this idea bursting into flames right off the bat.

Same story with other crosses, really.

I see what you mean Admiral. In the past, all my all-all crossovers have failed eventually, primarily due to non-linear plots. I highly doubt I can pull my current one off, but fun is a priority.

Which is why I thought specific-series crossovers sounded better instead of a massive mashup of glory.

Which was when I remembered the old idea of someone else. Since Yu-Gi-Oh! had a Fairy-Type long before Pokemon, I pondered, 'Why not?'

So, I have a skeleton for the plot. It's based off the previous one not by me.

Cards in the Yu-Gi-Oh!-verse disappear from every series. One of each of course. Including the humanoid ones if you want to be with you're waifu. There's still Gardevoir but ew.
They end up in the Pokemon World, lost. They lose their memories and recover them over the course of the RP. Depending on the monster, they are capable of speech.
The RPers find them injured/lost/etc and bring them home.

But yes, I'm still thinking about the Region and the Evil Team.

Of course, 'dem Yu-Gi-Oh!s are capable of evolving like Pokemon. For e.g., the White Stone of Legends evolves into Blue-Eyes and then into something else. The RP uses Pokemon mechanics and no Yugioh mechanics.

I see what you mean Admiral. In the past, all my all-all crossovers have failed eventually, primarily due to non-linear plots. I highly doubt I can pull my current one off, but fun is a priority.

Which is why I thought specific-series crossovers sounded better instead of a massive mashup of glory.

Which was when I remembered the old idea of someone else. Since Yu-Gi-Oh! had a Fairy-Type long before Pokemon, I pondered, 'Why not?'

So, I have a skeleton for the plot. It's based off the previous one not by me.

Cards in the Yu-Gi-Oh!-verse disappear from every series. One of each of course. Including the humanoid ones if you want to be with you're waifu. There's still Gardevoir but ew.
They end up in the Pokemon World, lost. They lose their memories and recover them over the course of the RP. Depending on the monster, they are capable of speech.
The RPers find them injured/lost/etc and bring them home.

But yes, I'm still thinking about the Region and the Evil Team.

Of course, 'dem Yu-Gi-Oh!s are capable of evolving like Pokemon. For e.g., the White Stone of Legends evolves into Blue-Eyes and then into something else. The RP uses Pokemon mechanics and no Yugioh mechanics.

Doesn't this mean that RPers can only choose Yu-Gi-Oh monsters that could arguably evolve. Meaning mostly LV monsters and some others.

Doesn't this mean that RPers can only choose Yu-Gi-Oh monsters that could arguably evolve. Meaning mostly LV monsters and some others.

I didn't say evolution is a must.
Which means any Level 4 or lower monster is alright. Any higher will have to be captured or evolved later.

On another note, I have another Yu-Gi-Oh! RP idea, where the 5D's-era KaibaCorp has developed a tropical island to become to dueling what Monaco is to racing and gambling. Here, they hold the Battle Island competition, mixing elements from the old Duelist Kingdom and Battle City tournaments together in a massive free-for-all.

Saw this on 27, seconded.

[quote]or a Puella Magi one[/quote]

While I like it, it's not really a popular idea on a Yugioh-centered site. Case in point; Yuki Magica. Not a whole lot of people are interested in it, and it doesn't help that people's characters are all limited to teenage girls.

While I like it, it's not really a popular idea on a Yugioh-centered site.

I noticed. Still, you don't have to have a lot of RPers to make an RP run smoothly. [acronym='And I know this 'cause Blu's RP's would fail miserably if it was false. He ALWAYS limits the max applicants to 4... or 5.']You can even as few as 4 and have no problems at all.[/acronym]

Archived