so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Alright, had an idea for an RP (don't have much yet though).

An RP based on "Legendz". Had a thought of applicants making they're own creature/select one in the world...

As for a plot, I really don't have anything yet.

Legendz? Never heard of it. Is it a game or something?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...think it would be a great RP idea?

Well I read through the first chapter of the manga and like the idea. The chapters are pretty long and I just couldn't bring myself to read much more, but it seems like a cool enough idea. I would like to stress upon you thought that if you make an RP based on that, that you do not make it so you have to know about the manga/anime and that you lay most of the information out for everyone. I am sure I don't have to tell you that, but you know...better safe than sorry.

Kinda had a feeling for the whole "no great knowledge on anime/manga" part. xD

But if ya think it sounds like a good idea, between my college work, I'll see if I can make something up ^^

Yeah seems like it would be fun. You thinking like a tournament type deal? And you mentioned creating our own creatures?

Well yeah I was thinking of a type of tournament with it ^^

As for creating your own, yeah. I'll have the option to those that are aware of the series to either select one from the series or create a new one. The same option would be for those who don't have a clue about the series.

I'm keeping the same terminology, as I'll also put explanations with each thing to the best of my ability.

Well yeah I was thinking of a type of tournament with it ^^

As for creating your own, yeah. I'll have the option to those that are aware of the series to either select one from the series or create a new one. The same option would be for those who don't have a clue about the series.

I'm keeping the same terminology, as I'll also put explanations with each thing to the best of my ability.

I would recommend creating a mini-application to create a creature, that way everyone knows the boundaries. 

You know what? How about something that isn't Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! or Bleach or Naruto or any other common subject matter on this site?

I have a hankering for teenagers with issues fighting in giant robots against surreal monstrosities with biblical references abound.

Let's do an Evangelion RP.

Any thoughts?

You know what? How about something that isn't Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! or Bleach or Naruto or any other common subject matter on this site?

I have a hankering for teenagers with issues fighting in giant robots against surreal monstrosities with biblical references abound.

Let's do an Evangelion RP.

Any thoughts?

I'd love to do an Evangelion RP. And unlike Madoka Magica, we're not limited to prepubescent girls at all. But it depends on what you intend to do with the plot. A prequel wouldn't exactly work, and a sequel (to EoE?) would just be awkward. An alternate continuity without the main characters (think Hearts of Darkness) would be the best direction to go in, in my opinion.

I'd love to do an Evangelion RP. And unlike Madoka Magica, we're not limited to prepubescent girls at all. But it depends on what you intend to do with the plot. A prequel wouldn't exactly work, and a sequel (to EoE?) would just be awkward. An alternate continuity without the main characters (think Hearts of Darkness) would be the best direction to go in, in my opinion.

That's what I was thinking, as well as making it a bit more international and adding some of the cut Angels into the mix.

We know that the main base of NERV is the Geofront, aka "NERV-1", and there are multiple other bases built around the world, such as the Eva "Factory" of NERV-2 in Berlin where Unit-2 and the Mass Production Evas were constructed.

Also, it stands to reason that each NERV base is made to guard a site where the Angels would most likely attack, one example being Bethany Base in the Arctic, and its defense of Acheron.
Using elements from the fanon, especially the excellent alternate reality fanfiction "Nobody Dies", I figure we could have some sort of alternate reality where Gendo and Yui Ikari, as well as Kyoko Sohryu, never had kids post-Second Impact, or maybe had alternate versions of Shinji and Asuka that didn't have issues, or simply had an entirely new set of issues.
There are several points of divergence we can go with to create wildly different universes.

And seriously, if you haven't read Nobody Dies, you need to. It is one of the quintessential Evangelion fanfictions, and deconstructs the deconstruction that Evangelion did to giant robots, and turns it into an increasingly over-the-top giant robot series. Plus, the alterations that Mister Landsman made to the continuity make so much sense when you think about them.
I highly recommend the work of this author, as he is currently working on a Rebuild of his work that incorporates more elements from the movie series, and gives readers even more insanity and crowning moments of awesome (which is impressive, considering how many there are in the original fanfiction). Go check him out.

Thinking about an RP where people get turned into all these strange creatures, meet up, and try to find out who did it, why,mans how to turn back. Thoughts?

I like it. Seems like it can turn into something good with enough planning.

I recently re-played skyward sword and saw a picture and got inspired. I have only though about this for around a day so I do not have much detail, but if people seem interested I will work on it. The story takes place somewhere on a different planet.High above the clouds there is a city/town on a series of floating islands, with one huge one in the center. There are thick clouds under it so they cannot see what is below them and those under cannot see above. They have been up there XXXX years and have been in peace. So their technology has not advanced much beyond medieval(they don't have the weapons since there has never been a need for them.They have knifes, but no bod swords, crossbows, etc.) They have however harnessed the power of wind(there are a lot of strong gust of wind up there) and are skilled at making gliders(doesnt need to look like this, but just to give you an idea of what im talking about).

The city/town is ruled by a king(it is a Hereditary Monarchy). The king is a king that everybody enjoys so no one complains. The king has only one child, his daughter(the picture). The queen/wife died while giving birth. The king has a brother that wants to be king. You cant tell where it is going, the brother kidnaps the daughter in the cover of night and throws her off the edge of a waterfall. The king happened to be at the waterfall and saw everything. He locks the brother in a cell for animals(there are no prisons). He then calls out to the people to help find his daughter. He strongly believes that there is land beneath them and wants help.

You play the role of one of the volunteers or even someone on the ground that decided to help them.This isn't just a find the princess story. The people on the ground have technology equivalent to that of  the american revolutionary war time. There is some magic involved, as in the rescuers will also end up getting into trouble trying to find the princess. Everywhere, even the floating islands, there are obelisk of different sizes with strange markings on them. They will slowly solve the mystery of these obelisk and why there are there. Along with why the the city/town is floating.

Thats all I got. I know its kind of everywhere, but like I said I have only had one day to think about it. I put it up to see who would be interested, so I don't forget, and possibly for help.

That's what I was thinking, as well as making it a bit more international and adding some of the cut Angels into the mix.

We know that the main base of NERV is the Geofront, aka "NERV-1", and there are multiple other bases built around the world, such as the Eva "Factory" of NERV-2 in Berlin where Unit-2 and the Mass Production Evas were constructed.

Also, it stands to reason that each NERV base is made to guard a site where the Angels would most likely attack, one example being Bethany Base in the Arctic, and its defense of Acheron.
Using elements from the fanon, especially the excellent alternate reality fanfiction "Nobody Dies", I figure we could have some sort of alternate reality where Gendo and Yui Ikari, as well as Kyoko Sohryu, never had kids post-Second Impact, or maybe had alternate versions of Shinji and Asuka that didn't have issues, or simply had an entirely new set of issues.
There are several points of divergence we can go with to create wildly different universes.

And seriously, if you haven't read Nobody Dies, you need to. It is one of the quintessential Evangelion fanfictions, and deconstructs the deconstruction that Evangelion did to giant robots, and turns it into an increasingly over-the-top giant robot series. Plus, the alterations that Mister Landsman made to the continuity make so much sense when you think about them.
I highly recommend the work of this author, as he is currently working on a Rebuild of his work that incorporates more elements from the movie series, and gives readers even more insanity and crowning moments of awesome (which is impressive, considering how many there are in the original fanfiction). Go check him out.

Really?
No one wants to discuss this?

Archived