so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither have I. I don't watch enough anime, unfortunately.

Anyway, I have an idea that might pique somebody's interest. Think of a world where it still lives within the realms of medieval times. Magic is common among those born with special blood to have willful manipulation over the natural and ethereal elements. This world is full of blacksmiths and warriors with great knowledge of bladed weapons. Non-bladed weapons are less common, but still known very well nonetheless. What is considered uncommon, are Warrior-Mages. They have the ability to not only wield weapons or magic, but they also have a special magic power called Enchant, where you can take any magic element and infuse it within the weapon, creating new spells to change the tide of battle. However, it's not the magic wielders or any warriors that are considered the most powerful.

In the world of Emeralda, there is a small group of a select few within the world, with more power than any Warrior Mage known to man. They are known as the Paladins. But, they are not what you assume they are. They are not considered tanks. They are particularly special Warrior Mages who tend to wield longswords or greatswords. But they all have something in common: They can wield ancient White Magic (Not just healing spells) that can be used offensively and obliterate enemies. However, only one ever even uses it. Paladins have access to an extremely powerful version of one particular element that can be used willfully for the means of protecting Emeralda and its people. (This is just a summary of what the Paladins are in this world. It's not finalized, and I still have a lot of work to do)

However, there is a time in Emeralda where there are no Paladins to protect the land. Most of the previous generation have either died of old age or mysteriously disappeared. As a result, corruption has come about within the ranks of the people. There is a man who calls himself Gore that wishes to overthrow the King of Emeralda, King Marius XIII. He claims to have gained a special power, using ancient, yet forbidden, dark arts that can strike into the hearts of the people, literally. And he shows this power with not much of a problem. He ends up summoning powerful beings filled with the corruption hidden within the world. Demons, skeletons, zombies, you name it. Gore also claims there are also others like him with different kinds of the dark arts that have the power to destroy Emeralda and have a new ruler, and he isn't the strongest.

1 years passes, and all except the Royal Castle of Emeralda stands without a sign of damage. As a result, many warriors have claimed to be able to use the Paladins' abilities, and they had to prove themselves. All who attempted to prove themselves of the title have failed miserably, and were sent to be trained for the Royal Army. Only 15 warriors remain to prove themselves to be true Paladins to save Emeralda. Out of those people, were 5 individuals who only know the average knowledge on specific weapons, but have an unknown hidden potential stronger than any Warrior-Mage. And although they themselves can't physically prove that they are the next Paladins, the runes within the Royal courtroom should react to this potential in a way to show that they could be them.

And to King Marius' surprise, the next generation were among him and his royal subjects. He ended up revealing the ancient headquarters of the Paladins in which King Marius XIII had hidden so well that only he knew out of everybody within the Royal Emeraldan Kingdom. The new Paladins ended up coming across someone within the headquarters that wasn't supposed to be there, or was he? Out of all the previous generation of Paladins, the only one who disappeared was before them. He was known only as Glam. He would end up becoming the new Paladins' master and to help unleash the potential hidden within their spirit. With this new discovery, came the harshest warrior training never known. Although the training itself is greatly stressful, it is beneficial in the long run.

3 months pass, and the gates of the Royal Castle fall to its knees. Gore and his army of corruption (All the types of Fantasy enemies you can think of, minus vampires for obvious reasons). The new Paladins have yet to unleash their potential, but have become strong enough to face his armies and hinder any chance to destroy the Kingdom. You are one of the new Paladins, and you have yet to unleash the great power that comes with the title. The time to fight for your world begins now, and you only have so many capabilities to take down Gore. You must do what it is you can to take down this dark organization that threatens to destroy what is left of the Kingdom of Emeralda and ensure that peace can be restored. You're the new protectors of your world. It's time to act the part, or face total annihilation.

The bolded is where things will begin in the RP, so to speak. Thoughts? Comments? Anyone interested?

NOTE: I will allow more than 5 spots, but when the Paladins are filled up, there won't be a 6th for a LONG time.

Sure nobody is interesting in an Evangelion RP?

I honestly have never heard of Evangelion, so my utter lack of knowledge disuades me from turning towards the idea.

Um... no.

Although I do have an idea for an original mecha RP. Not sure how good it is, but I'll pitch it soon anyway.

PITCH! PITCH! PITCH!

My base idea is an RP where there is a global organization that Has a ranking system for Demon hunters all over the world and the leader of the company is only known as the grim reaper and is currently ranked number 1 in the world. The rp turns in to a save the world scenario and any thing else may be spoilers.

Right... now what did I have in mind? Oh yeah, that's right.

A totalitarian government watches the civilians of *insert name of Midgar-esque city* like a hawk, and watches their every move. The civilians are brainwashed to an extent, as theorized by a few radicals through studying the level of obedience the civilians have to the government's every whim. The radicals' theories, however, are largely rejected through lies and propaganda, but this just leaves their best option to be a revolution. Many rebellions are made throughout the city, but before a lot of them can even get off the ground, the radicals are ambushed by military soldiers, and the vast majority of them are killed.

The lucky ones, however, manage to escape to an area that isn't watched, and recalculate their plans. They steal all the building materials they can, and begin building mechanized weapons that they can use in an attempt to avenge their brethren. However, the military is producing their own mechanized units at a colossal rate, and aim to locate the radicals' new found base and destroy it. Will the revolution succeed, or is the totalitarian government destined to reign supreme?

That's pretty much the plot I have at the moment.

I honestly have never heard of Evangelion, so my utter lack of knowledge disuades me from turning towards the idea.

I honestly have never heard of Evangelion

never heard of Evangelion

That's impossible. That's just, impossible. Evangelion revolutionized the very industry of anime, and stands out as Number 1 in any mecha anime list. Evangelion is to mecha what Madoka Magica is to mahou shoujo. It's mentioned and discussed about a lot by many people, and if you've never heard of it, I can only wonder what sort of dark corner you live in...

.........hold on, seriously? Nobody here really knows about it?

Oh well. If nobody's interested, I can't complain. But I do have to admit I'm surprised, I thought it would be a more popular idea.

Well I have heard of it, not plot or stuff like that, but the name. I actually didn't start watching anime until about 4-5 years ago. There are actually a lot of popular anime that I didn't watch until last year, like Cowboy Bebop. Also most of my childhood I could only speak/understand/write spanish. So there's bound to be super popular animes I haven't seen.

Right... now what did I have in mind? Oh yeah, that's right.

A totalitarian government watches the civilians of *insert name of Midgar-esque city* like a hawk, and watches their every move. The civilians are brainwashed to an extent, as theorized by a few radicals through studying the level of obedience the civilians have to the government's every whim. The radicals' theories, however, are largely rejected through lies and propaganda, but this just leaves their best option to be a revolution. Many rebellions are made throughout the city, but before a lot of them can even get off the ground, the radicals are ambushed by military soldiers, and the vast majority of them are killed.

The lucky ones, however, manage to escape to an area that isn't watched, and recalculate their plans. They steal all the building materials they can, and begin building mechanized weapons that they can use in an attempt to avenge their brethren. However, the military is producing their own mechanized units at a colossal rate, and aim to locate the radicals' new found base and destroy it. Will the revolution succeed, or is the totalitarian government destined to reign supreme?

That's pretty much the plot I have at the moment.

Definitely sounds interesting. I would consider joining it for sure.

How about an Evangelion RP?

The problem with Evangelion is that I know *of* it, but that's about it.  I'd probably end up joining, anyway.

[hr]

Currently, with Voice of Heaven probably not getting enough people, I've been thinking about using some of the ideas I had planned for that and expand them.  Basically it would make RPs more 'game like', so to say.

Basically characters would have a small set of stats, and whenever one character engaged another character (in a "battle", though it could be any competition), the relevant stats would be compared to give a result, deciding the winner.  When two PCs battle, the winner gets to write the post about the encounter (though the loser can, and is encouraged to collaborate on that, though the post will be made first in order to move the RP along).  Of course, there are skills that can be used (which generally refresh at the end of a story block/chapter/whatever), that can tip the scales.in the player's favor.

Would anyone be willing to participate in such an RP?

Archived