so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

FinalFan already tried to get people on that bandwagon

That is FinalFan :3

The problem with Evangelion is that I know *of* it, but that's about it.  I'd probably end up joining, anyway.

[hr]

Currently, with Voice of Heaven probably not getting enough people, I've been thinking about using some of the ideas I had planned for that and expand them.  Basically it would make RPs more 'game like', so to say.

Basically characters would have a small set of stats, and whenever one character engaged another character (in a "battle", though it could be any competition), the relevant stats would be compared to give a result, deciding the winner.  When two PCs battle, the winner gets to write the post about the encounter (though the loser can, and is encouraged to collaborate on that, though the post will be made first in order to move the RP along).  Of course, there are skills that can be used (which generally refresh at the end of a story block/chapter/whatever), that can tip the scales.in the player's favor.

Would anyone be willing to participate in such an RP?

Expand please, sounds interesting, but I kind of don't get how this would work.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people simply do not check the name history of others.
How did you think I was able to attain Senior Membership in the first place?

Magic.

That, or you simply don't come to this section often.

I'd love to join any mecha-related RP.

Admiral's idea is good, but I'd prefer an RP with a bigger focus on the mecha themselves. A Gundam-esque RP, to be exact.

This is strange of me, but I'm feeling generous: despite my absolute distaste in YGO RPs, I am willing to essentially give an idea I have been brewing on for a long time. Medieval Fantasy Setting, involving a War between two factions for one throne. Anyone up for it?

I am interested in anyone hosting a Yugioh RP outside the usual boring setting.

This is strange of me, but I'm feeling generous: despite my absolute distaste in YGO RPs, I am willing to essentially give an idea I have been brewing on for a long time. Medieval Fantasy Setting, involving a War between two factions for one throne. Anyone up for it?

Are you saying something similar to duelist of the roses?

Expand please, sounds interesting, but I kind of don't get how this would work.

Fair enough.

Basically, let's take two characters.

Player 1                  |Player 2
Strong Arm                |Smart Caster
                          |
STR:8                     |STR: 3
VIT:7                     |VIT: 5
TEC:4                     |TEC: 8
SPD:7                     |SPD: 6 
INT:4                     |INT: 10
LUK:5                     |LUK: 2
                          |
Skills:                   |Skills:
                          |
Overpower:                |True Skill:
Gains bonus STR if your   |Reduces Randomness for
STR > opponent's STR      |both players in an
                          |encounter. +2 TEC.
Tenacity:                 |
If encounter was lost,    |Attack Caster:
redo encounter with +2 to |Can use INT instead of
all stats.                |STR in this encounter.

For simplicity's sake, let's say the two player characters get into a fight, involving their STR, VIT, TEC and SPD stats.  When they battle, obviously the 1st character would win.  But the second one can use his Attack Caster Skill, and he would win.  If player 1 thinks Player 2 would use a skill, he can use Overpower, and he would win.  Or Tenacity, if he or she so chooses.  There is also a random component, heavily influenced by LUK.  Player 2 can use True Skill to influence that, as well.

The description of the battle that the winner draws up can be influenced by what skills are used in the battle.  For example, if Tenacity was used, and was needed to win, then the winner won in a close battle. 

I need to leave now, but if you have any other q's I can answer.  I'll probably have a test soon.

This is strange of me, but I'm feeling generous: despite my absolute distaste in YGO RPs, I am willing to essentially give an idea I have been brewing on for a long time. Medieval Fantasy Setting, involving a War between two factions for one throne. Anyone up for it?

Sounds good.

Some people simply do not check the name history of others.
How did you think I was able to attain Senior Membership in the first place?

...I knew it was you the whole time, Y-tak

Backtracking posts: Way more efficient than trying to track down name change history <_<

Kyng doing a Yugimonz RP?

WHAT IS THIS??!! I DON'T EVEN...!! *shot*

OT Thoughts: Yeah, I'm gonna need to see the plot before I can even decide whether or not I'd be interested. We share the same distaste in YGO RPs (for the most part; I'm only in Arcadia, for example, because it actually had a rather decent plot). You're more than welcome to PM me the plot instead of posting it here, Kyng.

@MI: The current plot's only there so I could give the protagonists an actual goal; I can easily try and make it more Gundam like if you prefer. Though I have no idea how accurate I'll be in that regard, since I've only watched maybe 1 or 2 episodes of Gundam Wing, and this was way back when Toonami was active.

Anyway, one more key thing about my mecha RP that should make it more unique: It has an "elemental wheel" of sorts. So far I have cybernetic mechas, which use gatling guns and cannons that fire the same armour piercing rounds as tanks do, pyrotechnic mechas, which use missles and flamethrowers, hydraulic mechas, which use water cannons and cannons that fire blasts of liquid nitrogen, electronic mechas, which use lasers and fire blasts of lightning, nuclear mechas, which use nuclear missiles and radioactive tank rounds, and psionic mechas which... use psionic attacks. The "elemental wheel" goes like this:

Cybernetic --> Pyrotechnic --> Hydraulic --> Electronic --> Nuclear --> Psionic --> Cybernetic

I'm probably missing an "element", I know, but I can't think of one that would go between Electronic and Nuclear. Also, I'm considering individualizing the mechas even further by splitting them into Air and Ground mechas, but although differentiating them's easy enough, balancing the two is rather tricky atm.

Here's hoping this bid for uniqueness doesn't blow over people's interests =/

Actually, I think it is best that I just dump it here.

[spoiler=Please note, I'm literally giving this idea away to whoever wants it; I have too much on my plate to run it, but the idea was too much not to work on]

[center]W1CVO.png
ooTDL.png[/center]

The World of the RP is a Kingdom on an Island, dating back a long time (obv.)

The Kingdom is at civil war, between two factions which I originally dubbed the Schwarchen (Black Dragon) and the Weiwyrm (White Dragon) clans, whom both were originally from a united (atm un-named) clan where the father of the two sons ruled once as king. The sons are fighting for the throne.

Normally, there would be just the typical war, however for a while Duelists have existed, whom have an innate ability, or are taught the ability, to call forth creatures from the Shadow Realm (or whatev) to combat for them.

Obviously, a Blue-Eyes White Dragon is going to pown an army of mortals.

The Kingdom began to make use of these Shadow Monsters in battle, and now they will be used to determine who gains the throne.

This RP would also feature a Special game system, whereby fighters for a particular Faction are able to conquer a settlement through a number of Duels. By defeating the resident Duelists in a major city (un-named) of the Kingdom they can capture areas for their faction (the number based on how many Duelists are designated to Guard a settlement; if no Guards, instant capture). If one faction captures all Settlements, that Faction wins, and thus is a conclusion to the RP

Some cards would obviously be restricted. Only the Royals would be able to use the Blue-Eyes/Red-Eyes cards, and one faction cannot use cards another faction can (No REDMD in Blue-Eyes build)

That's, atm, what it is

[/spoiler]

[quote]We share the same distaste in YGO RPs (for the most part; I'm only in Arcadia, for example, because it actually had a rather decent plot).[/quote]

I thought it was for my great charisma and style :(

Actually, I think it is best that I just dump it here.

[spoiler=Please note, I'm literally giving this idea away to whoever wants it; I have too much on my plate to run it, but the idea was too much not to work on]

W1CVO.png
ooTDL.png

The World of the RP is a Kingdom on an Island, dating back a long time (obv.)

The Kingdom is at civil war, between two factions which I originally dubbed the Schwarchen (Black Dragon) and the Weiwyrm (White Dragon) clans, whom both were originally from a united (atm un-named) clan where the father of the two sons ruled once as king. The sons are fighting for the throne.

Normally, there would be just the typical war, however for a while Duelists have existed, whom have an innate ability, or are taught the ability, to call forth creatures from the Shadow Realm (or whatev) to combat for them.

Obviously, a Blue-Eyes White Dragon is going to pown an army of mortals.

The Kingdom began to make use of these Shadow Monsters in battle, and now they will be used to determine who gains the throne.

This RP would also feature a Special game system, whereby fighters for a particular Faction are able to conquer a settlement through a number of Duels. By defeating the resident Duelists in a major city (un-named) of the Kingdom they can capture areas for their faction (the number based on how many Duelists are designated to Guard a settlement; if no Guards, instant capture). If one faction captures all Settlements, that Faction wins, and thus is a conclusion to the RP

Some cards would obviously be restricted. Only the Royals would be able to use the Blue-Eyes/Red-Eyes cards, and one faction cannot use cards another faction can (No REDMD in Blue-Eyes build)

That's, atm, what it is

[/spoiler]

Guys were going to play Risk... except with a children's card game!

Seriously though this isn't a bad idea; the first thing I like about it is that it allows for an the ending to be decided by the players. Its really quite original(which is why most people have a problem with YGO RPs), plus it reminds of the last season of the original. There could be two hosts as well one who runs each side, plus if one host/leader gets in active the people from his team can vote in a new person. 

Guys were going to play Risk... except with a children's card game!

Seriously though this isn't a bad idea; the first thing I like about it is that it allows for an the ending to be decided by the players. Its really quite original(which is why most people have a problem with YGO RPs), plus it reminds of the last season of the original. There could be two hosts as well one who runs each side, plus if one host/leader gets in active the people from his team can vote in a new person. 

Honestly, you can have this if you want it. I can't host YGO RPs = /

I can offer support, but that's about it

Nah, that wouldn't have worked, I'm afraid =/

Playing Risk with a children's card game; what're ya, high?

*cries* but guize I iz so cooooool *internet rage* 

*thinks about it*

*THINKS ABOUT IT!!*

Nah, I don't wanna take over hosting duties. All yours, Losiette.

Though I will join because... plot's decent enough. And I suppose I can co-host.

If I'm going to this I'm going to need a co-host to help me out, so if you want to that would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm assuming y'all're talking about using my RP concept? If so, then you've got my blessing: I imagine you two'll run it smoothly.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Kyng. :) Could we at least persuade you to join?

Of course; always happy to help... if anyone needs help.

Okay, I'll put something together today or tomorrow, and then PM it to you. 

Archived