so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Would you guys prefer an original or a derived/based-off-of type of RP?

If original, any ideas you guys would like?
And if derived, any anime choices or other in particular?

I'm kind of bored and wanted to try an RP.

EDIT: Would anybody be interested in a Magi RP?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magi RP?
I've watched some of it, and I understand the basic concepts. Stuff named after Solomon's 72 Goetic demons is just my thing.

Mmhmm.

EDIT: Has anyone heard of Date A Live? It may be a harem, but I've got a good idea for a prequel

I keep thinking of an Infinite Stratos RP, but by canon namesake invention is a monogender-wielded contraption.

Accel World RP is hard to handle, unless all the RPers are in the same legion and the other legions are NPCs. Hmm... I could go with that.

I have a rough idea for an RP.

[spoiler="Random Ideas and Such"]Only 3 people will be accepted (3 normal magi + 4th new one by me)

It will be after the events of Season 1

Some time after the end of S1 probably, old Magi age and die or villain organization makes them disappear?

New Magi (players) are born, raised, etc

Al-Thamen are the main villain organization with a focus of their Black Rukh thing

Perhaps last Magi has prescience, writes down everything of the Magi before the Magi disappear

New players stumble upon it

IDK[/spoiler]

Any more ideas? Support?

EDIT 2: Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.

EDIT 3: Would anybody support some kind of object-hunt RP? A lot of NPC deaths, mazes, trials, monsters, etc?

EDIT 4: Would anybody like some kind of digital world RP, with hackers and such, and some sort of revolution?

EDIT 2: Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.

EDIT 3: Would anybody support some kind of object-hunt RP? A lot of NPC deaths, mazes, trials, monsters, etc?

EDIT 4: Would anybody like some kind of digital world RP, with hackers and such, and some sort of revolution?

Yes, yes, and yes. Preferably one of the first 2, but I could go for the third one if the story is good enough.

[EDIT 2: Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.

i was having the same idea, except with sentient, evolved cockroaches and mankind's inventions and genetic experiments. Hmmm...

Ah yes, count me in.

Something like SAO? Definitely.

[quote name="Neph" post="6208266" timestamp="1369508817"]I have a rough idea for an RP.[spoiler="Random Ideas and Such"]Only 3 people will be accepted (3 normal magi + 4th new one by me)It will be after the events of Season 1Some time after the end of S1 probably, old Magi age and die or villain organization makes them disappear?New Magi (players) are born, raised, etcAl-Thamen are the main villain organization with a focus of their Black Rukh thingPerhaps last Magi has prescience, writes down everything of the Magi before the Magi disappearNew players stumble upon itIDK[/spoiler] Any more ideas? Support? EDIT 2: Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.EDIT 3: Would anybody support some kind of object-hunt RP? A lot of NPC deaths, mazes, trials, monsters, etc? EDIT 4: Would anybody like some kind of digital world RP, with hackers and such, and some sort of revolution?[/quote] Any orders of preference guys?

I had an idea for an RP a while back that involved having two separate tracks down which characters leveled up.  Physical and Metaphysical, the former being where one levels up their strength speed and such while the latter is where they improve their abilities with magic.  That's kind of the only thing I ever really worked out for it and I'm not exactly the best at leading RPs so feel free to steal the mechanic if you like it.

Edit:

Neph, I don't know a damned thing about Magi so I wouldn't join it.  Now as for the other ideas they all sound interesting, and I could definitely get behind a well-done digital world RP.  Post apocalyptic is something of a favorite of mine, behind the highly advanced science fiction setting, and the object hunt RP would be highly dependent upon the specific nature of it from my stand point.

Edit 2:  In response to your second post, receive the listing below:

1) Digital World RP

2) Post Apocalyptic

3) Object hunt.

You have received Ketodama's order of preference for your RP ideas.  Please enjoy your meal and tip your server.

Well, I'm back to roleplaying.

I've been on a major TRON bender lately, and I have a rough idea for either a Yu-Gi-Oh! or a Digimon roleplay that takes place in a TRON-like virtual world, with a dark world save for the lights generated by buildings and other objects. But, as you all know me, I can be good at building worlds, but terrible with actual plots.
Anyone interested, and willing to help?

I've been on a major TRON bender lately, and I have a rough idea for either a Yu-Gi-Oh! or a Digimon roleplay that takes place in a TRON-like virtual world, with a dark world save for the lights generated by buildings and other objects. But, as you all know me, I can be good at building worlds, but terrible with actual plots.

Eh.... Kind of, but I'm not sure how I feel yet. I'd be willing to give you a skeleton of a plot, but I'm not sure how helpful I would be from that point on.

While I'm here would anyone be interested in a survival/ survival-horror RP?

Eh.... Kind of, but I'm not sure how I feel yet. I'd be willing to give you a skeleton of a plot, but I'm not sure how helpful I would be from that point on.

While I'm here would anyone be interested in a survival/ survival-horror RP?

Well, it doesn't have to necessarily be a plot skeleton, but maybe throwing additional ideas at the wall to see what sticks?
The RP&D group isn't being that helpful.

Personally, I'd make it a Digimon RP. We haven't seen any of them in ages, whereas Yugioh's been done to death. And some info on this TRON world would be nice.

As for a survival(-horror) RP, it kinda depends on the situation at hand.

Personally, I'd make it a Digimon RP. We haven't seen any of them in ages, whereas Yugioh's been done to death. And some info on this TRON world would be nice.

Basically, it's very similar to the Grid in TRON: Legacy and its spinoffs.

It's a world perpetually shrouded in darkness, where everything survives off of "Ambrosia", a viscous, luminescent fuel source that provides both life and light to this world. Ambrosia, especially in a more refined state, powers not only the "Subroutines", the equipment that this world's inhabitants utilize, but also the various "Domains", which can vary from bright cityscapes brought to life by its own neon lights and bustling highways, to biospheres that replicate conditions found in the real world underneath false suns at the top of their translucent domes, to virtual colonies and oases inhabited by those who prefer to be away from the larger Domains, but instead eke out a living on their much smaller Domains, usually selling a product or two to other installations. Separating the Domains from each other is the Frontier, a vast, barren wasteland of dark-grey rock, where "Flux Storms" ravage the landscape with totally random results. Other hostile denizens of the Frontier are various viral entities, such as "Glitches", beings of pure chaos and insanity that desire nothing more than to spread their madness, though more malignant viruses have actual intelligence and cunning on their side.
Being a resident of a Domain, which can range in size from a small cluster of buildings around a single Ambrosia source to large forested park to a city-state to even a sweeping territory of various replicated environments, means that everything one would need can usually be found or manufactured in the Domain using Ambrosia and data. Life in the Frontier, in contrast, can be savage, but the high risk just might pay off a much bigger reward: something valuable brought on by a Flux Storm, or maybe even a previously-hidden source of Ambrosia. Travel in between Domains is possible, though most Subroutines, transportation-related or not, require a connection to an Ambrosia-related wireless power system that transmits energy to the Subroutine within the confines of the Domain. Otherwise, a Subroutine needs its own fuel source, either internal or external. Tram Subroutines running off of beams of concentrated Ambrosia energy can connect Domains together, though they can be energy-intensive. and are usually only used for larger Domains.
This will provide a basic outline that can be further adjusted or modified depending on the direction taken, but this serves as a shell to contain the roleplay.

Another idea is to refine Zarkus' old roleplay "Nightmare of the Virtual World".

You remember that one, right? The one I took over with my OCs due to my massive ego at the time?

I remember seeing it, but iirc I never actually participated in it at the time :/

Anyways, I feel like a Digimon RP, just because they haven't showed up in a while.

Hmm...We haven't had a good Digimon RP in a long time.
And the Glitches and Viruses could simply be evil Digimon and their corrupted Users.
Any ideas for a plot?

Hmmm...while looking past at old RPs (I'm a strange kind of guy who likes to do that), I encountered an old favorite. An RP whose impact rippled throughout the entire section, if only for a short amount of time, and it gave me an idea.

Alright, I know I'm already managing one RP, but does anybody remember an old roleplay of Gendo Ikari's by the name of Reign of Paradox? It was basically a crossover Yugioh RP throughout all of time and space, gathering characters from different RPs and different timelines together. Originally Gendo Ikari's idea... but with me in control, who knows? I'd probably even allow characters from non-Yugioh-related RPs so long as they're given decks. I'm not sure about the plot, but it'd probably be similar to Jolta's Mega-Multiverse only with a more linear plotline and less randomness~

I'd like to do something like that, something that unites nearly all the roleplayers together into one, single RP on a grand scale.

Something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can stretch the very fabric of space and time without seeming overly cliché.

I'm just telling you guys about this idea. Food for thought. I won't begin seriously planning it until around July or August, where I'm hoping to have enough time to host multiple RPs. And that's only if people actually like the idea. In all honesty, I'll probably need lots and lots of players if this thing is going to be the blast I want it to be, so if hardly anybody joins, then it isn't going to work.

Does the concept sound good to anyone?

[quote name="Kirei Kotomine" post="6212131" timestamp="1370049761"]Hmmm...while looking past at old RPs (I'm a strange kind of guy who likes to do that), I encountered an old favorite. An RP whose impact rippled throughout the entire section, if only for a short amount of time, and it gave me an idea.   Alright, I know I'm already managing one RP, but does anybody remember an old roleplay of Gendo Ikari's by the name of [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/174851-yu-gi-oh-the-movie-rp-reign-of-paradox-advancedpg-16startedaccepting-via-pm]Reign of Paradox[/url]? It was basically a crossover Yugioh RP throughout all of time and space, gathering characters from different RPs and different timelines together. Originally Gendo Ikari's idea... but with me in control, who knows? I'd probably even allow characters from non-Yugioh-related RPs so long as they're given decks. I'm not sure about the plot, but it'd probably be similar to Jolta's Mega-Multiverse only with a more linear plotline and less randomness~   [b]I'd like to do something like that, something that unites nearly all the roleplayers together into one, single RP on a grand scale. [/b]   [b]Something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can stretch the very fabric of space and time without seeming overly cliché.[/b]   I'm just telling you guys about this idea. Food for thought. I won't begin seriously planning it until around July or August, where I'm hoping to have enough time to host multiple RPs. And that's only if people actually like the idea. In all honesty, I'll probably need lots and lots of players if this thing is going to be the blast I want it to be, so if hardly anybody joins, then it isn't going to work.   Does the concept sound good to anyone?[/quote] I would love love that.

On another note, I have another Yu-Gi-Oh! RP idea, where the 5D's-era KaibaCorp has developed a tropical island to become to dueling what Monaco is to racing and gambling. Here, they hold the Battle Island competition, mixing elements from the old Duelist Kingdom and Battle City tournaments together in a massive free-for-all.

Been brainstorming a few RP ideas. Now that it is summer, I have more time to do more.

1. An Elder Scrolls-esque RP. Not really sure what the whole plot would be, but different races, magic, fighting, creatures, etc would be involved.

2A. A group of dragon tamers brought together to fight a threat brought onto their lands. 

2B. Same group, but they are hated for interacting with the dragons and must fight to protect their dragons

Any of those sound interesting? 

Been brainstorming a few RP ideas. Now that it is summer, I have more time to do more.

1. An Elder Scrolls-esque RP. Not really sure what the whole plot would be, but different races, magic, fighting, creatures, etc would be involved.

2A. A group of dragon tamers brought together to fight a threat brought onto their lands.

2B. Same group, but they are hated for interacting with the dragons and must fight to protect their dragons

Any of those sound interesting?

2 sounds nice because dargons.
Always go with the dargons.

Our dargons are customizable, right?

On another note, I have another Yu-Gi-Oh! RP idea, where the 5D's-era KaibaCorp has developed a tropical island to become to dueling what Monaco is to racing and gambling. Here, they hold the Battle Island competition, mixing elements from the old Duelist Kingdom and Battle City tournaments together in a massive free-for-all.

I would enjoy this immensely. 

I have an idea of a Raildex RP that takes place in Academy City.

Here is my current skeleton:
A minor organisation consisting of Espers, magic users and Level 0s alike operate on a daily basis, taking offers from clients so that they can get paid. Sometimes they resort to horrible things like kidnap or robbery.

Hmmm... doesn't sound interesting enough...

I have an idea of a Raildex RP that takes place in Academy City.

Here is my current skeleton:
A minor organisation consisting of Espers, magic users and Level 0s alike operate on a daily basis, taking offers from clients so that they can get paid. Sometimes they resort to horrible things like kidnap or robbery.

Hmmm... doesn't sound interesting enough...

Considering I'm currently watching A Certain Scientific Railgun right now, I'd certainly be interested. Are we going in the canon universe, btw?

That type of plot could work, provided there is another crisis going on at the same time that may require their assistance or maybe people go to them for safety. Maybe they have some sort of misguided and ambitious leader? An unknown Level 5, not in the databanks?

Animal Farm: the RP. Would it work? Could it work? It'd probably be set on an alternative farm, but with similar roles. I think the narrative base of the book would serve it well. There are lots of roles to dish out, too. Heck someone could be the farmer, to throw a different perspective on things. It would follow the animals establishing rules, building areas on the farm, vying for leadership, and attempting to take over form their human masters.

Is this actually a viable idea, and would anyone be interested?

Considering I'm currently watching A Certain Scientific Railgun right now, I'd certainly be interested. Are we going in the canon universe, btw?

For now, yes. I mainly look into Railgun, so I will attempt to acquire more knowledge on the Magic side.

That type of plot could work, provided there is another crisis going on at the same time that may require their assistance or maybe people go to them for safety. Maybe they have some sort of misguided and ambitious leader? An unknown Level 5, not in the databanks?

Unknown Level 5...
I never actually thought of that.

And yes, I'm currently depicted their leader as a certain corrupt being. Although that may change and someone else can be the corrupt one.

Archived