so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Persuasion...

If there is a possibility of a non-Dueling/little-Dueling role (like perhaps a steward, or the like), then I might join.

I may have something in mind, I'll include you when I PM Stalfos what I've got.

I wants to be Red-Eyes boss. Gimme Red-Eyes boss!

pwease?

How convient I was going to ask you if you minded if I was the Blue-Eyes boss XD Anyway yeah you can be the Red-Eyes boss. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right... now what did I have in mind? Oh yeah, that's right.

A totalitarian government watches the civilians of *insert name of Midgar-esque city* like a hawk, and watches their every move. The civilians are brainwashed to an extent, as theorized by a few radicals through studying the level of obedience the civilians have to the government's every whim. The radicals' theories, however, are largely rejected through lies and propaganda, but this just leaves their best option to be a revolution. Many rebellions are made throughout the city, but before a lot of them can even get off the ground, the radicals are ambushed by military soldiers, and the vast majority of them are killed.

The lucky ones, however, manage to escape to an area that isn't watched, and recalculate their plans. They steal all the building materials they can, and begin building mechanized weapons that they can use in an attempt to avenge their brethren. However, the military is producing their own mechanized units at a colossal rate, and aim to locate the radicals' new found base and destroy it. Will the revolution succeed, or is the totalitarian government destined to reign supreme?

That's pretty much the plot I have at the moment.

I was just messing around with making an SRW-style unit on another site and the unit was using a power source which would make it more interesting (lots of power, but potentially dangerous, etc.)  I dunno, just thought that it'd be interesting to have a machine that could potentially put its pilot into a coma.  Would make it more 'gundam-like' as well, I suppose.

...That is, assuming you're still planning on doing this RP.

I was just messing around with making an SRW-style unit on another site and the unit was using a power source which would make it more interesting (lots of power, but potentially dangerous, etc.)  I dunno, just thought that it'd be interesting to have a machine that could potentially put its pilot into a coma.  Would make it more 'gundam-like' as well, I suppose.

...That is, assuming you're still planning on doing this RP.

I am, though I might officially launch it a bit later. As for your idea, that could work, I s'pose...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna bump this, cause me and Toot have an RP in the mix. (Please don't accuse me of Necrobumping if I have...just need feedback).

We were thinking of a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann RP.

Storyline would basically be many years after the final episode (so after Team Dai-Gurren die off). There is a new race, trying to rid the universe of humans, and possibly beastmen (as they would now be neutral).

That is what we have so far, as well as thinking of planning a requirement for the Gunmen (which will still work like in the show).

Would really love some feedback on this! ◥▶◀◤

I'm gonna bump this, cause me and Toot have an RP in the mix. (Please don't accuse me of Necrobumping if I have...just need feedback).

We were thinking of a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann RP.

Storyline would basically be many years after the final episode (so after Team Dai-Gurren die off). There is a new race, trying to rid the universe of humans, and possibly beastmen (as they would now be neutral).

That is what we have so far, as well as thinking of planning a requirement for the Gunmen (which will still work like in the show).

Would really love some feedback on this! ◥▶◀◤

Never heard of it. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't know what that is. Just saying.

I plan to revamp an old RP of mine. It's called 'Nirvana'.

I intend for it to occur in a modern-day setting with fantasy elements.

I have a unique concept, now I need a unique plot.

[spoiler=Concept]
Magic has long existed on this planet. In fact, living among our world, is another world, a world magicians refer to as 'Nirvana'.

Nirvana, the world within our world. What makes this world different from ours is that it is inhabited by magicians, mythical beasts and possibly gateways to other worlds.

Nirvana is governed by seven families, otherwise known as the 'Big Dipper'. They represent the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Light, Darkness and Balance. These are the elements that represent harmony.[/spoiler]

Also, Balance is another way of saying 'Non-elemental'. It sounded better.

I still have Nirvana on my mind. But I came up with another idea, leaning towards Sci-fi. If you have a phobia of cockroaches you may want to turn back. It takes place in an an exaggeratingly distant future. I took inspiration from SnK, Gargantia, and maybe other stuff. I was thinking of a Planet of the Apes style world, but nah.

And now, the proto-plot:

---

A long, long, time ago, mankind roamed the planet, dominating over other species. Of course, the only reason why they were capable of doing so was that they were the only sentient species on their planet.

Mankind was a master of science and arts. Ironically, this was what lead to the near-downfall of mankind. Their experiments made other species more sentient, more resistant, more vengeful. Vengeful against mankind. This caused mankind to flee into space, as they vowed to return one day. Any humans remaining were either killed, or evolved rapidly into another species.

After the humans left, many sentient species rose up and formed civilisations. Their variety caused them to be hostile among each other, causing them to often wage war against each other. The most resilient of the species - the Blats - ruled the lands, while the most intelligent of the species - the Crovelafts, ruled the seas. All other races were under them, save the Voyagers, the rulers of the sky.

It was only a matter of time before the humans returned. During this day, they were a species that have only been mentioned in myths and records, as well as fossil evidence. No one expected them to return and seize Earth for themselves. They were now greater and stronger than ever...

As a result, the different races of Earth have to settle their differences and team up to fight the humans.

Enemy Races:

Humans - They have once lived on Earth, but today, they are colonists who travel to many planets. Today they claim Earth back, and seek to destroy and/or enslave all sentient life. They are the enemy, the main antagonists. They are humanoid primates who- alright you know how they look. They have not changed in terms of physical appearance. But today, they are cruel, (metaphorically) cold-blooded warriors.

Land Races:
Blats - They evolved from cockroaches. Ironically, they look absurdly human, save their wings and slightly tan skin, which is actually an exoskeleton, as well as their feelers. Highly resistant to many attacks, but their weakness will always be physical force. Due to their resistance, their cities run on nuclear energy. They have a short lifespan of 30 years, although some have reached 50.
Pan - evolved from apes. They are humanoid in appearance. They are gorilla-faced and have black fur. their hands have five fingers, and their feet resemble hands. Adept to life in the forest, although very intelligent. They live in forest-cities that run on eco-friendly energy. They have a lifespan of up to 90 years.

Sea Races:
Crovelafts - Cephalopod-like genderless race that live in the sea. They resemble squids, and actually evolved from them. They are the most intelligent race among all the races on Earth. Their underwater cities run on Geothermal energy. They can live up to 200 years.
Merfolk - Human-top Fish-bottom. They are rather primitive, and lack technology. They are theoried to be a genetic experiment performed by ancient humans. Live in sea. They can live up to 80 years.

Sky Races:
Voyager - A race of sentient A.I.s invented by humans, taking the form of skyships which look down on the rest of the world. They gained sentience after the humans left Earth. They rarely land and run on solar energy. Their technology is superior to the Crovelafts. Peaceful and cooperative, they allow other sky races to live on them. They are practically immortal, but their bodies can be destroyed.
Harpy - The body of a human and the wings of a bird. These too, were genetic experiments by ancient mankind. They live on trees and fly most of the time, although some live on Voyagers. Initially primitive, the Voyagers have taught them how to use technology and fight.

Yeah, I'm still working on it. I will allow custom races too.

Steins;Gate RP. Yay or nay?

Really pretty much slice of life with time travel added in and possibility of SERN invading. No legitimate plot, it will simply follow the characters and their interactions as well as problems they may face in life.

It's going to be limited acceptance to bump up the quality of apps, since Steins;Gate is all about the characters.

Setting: Around Victor Qondria University... don't know where in the US.

Hm, yeah, I suppose it needs a plot to drive it along just in case.

Okay, I've thought out a plot, however, the series will have some serious derailments and whatnot to star each individual character, and that's another reason to limit the acceptance, I suppose.

Starting off though, it will simply be a slice of life.

Archived