so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to resurrect my M:tG roleplay. Here's a link. I'm planning on incorporating more of the game's aspects while simultaneously making it more user-friendly, contradictory as it seems. Thoughts?

Yes, please. I was accepted for the first one, with a male [acronym='Raore Disvell']Vamp[/acronym]. And I'll definitely be joining in on this one. I will also edit my previous app with any modifications as required.

• 2 weeks later...

So hey! I'm working on a RP of my own creation with its own countries, people, towns, even governments, but I have ran into a conundrum. I'm trying to go for some original names for towns, cities, and even governments, but I can't feel of any that isn't copying names from our world. So, how can I go about making original names without using names in our world?

So hey! I'm working on a RP of my own creation with its own countries, people, towns, even governments, but I have ran into a conundrum. I'm trying to go for some original names for towns, cities, and even governments, but I can't feel of any that isn't copying names from our world. So, how can I go about making original names without using names in our world?

Perhaps use a different language to name the towns and cities? Something obscure like Sumerian maybe? I mean you'll have a limited option of words(as it is an ancient language), but they should be pretty unique. You could also try a more Elder Scrolls-esque, medieval-like naming scheme. For example, Talonhold, Riverblight, Dragon's Back, etc. 

I'm thinking of an anime-esque RP which might be too similiar to Ragnarok and Blind Eyes Rewrite.

Well it is about Cronus being reborn as a little gril, Saturn, after escaping Tartarus. She loses all her memories and lands in the hands of a high school/middle school student in nipland that I would want someone else to play, who takes care of her.

Many involved in mythical arts have come to Japan have heard rumours that the leader of the Titans, Cronus, is somewhere in the Far Eastern lands. Gods of all Pantheons have vowed to stop him, so in addition to hunting Cronus down, they have vowed to grant any mortal who kills Cronus immortality. They do so because they know that once Cronus truly awakens, he will unleash his brethren from Tartarus and start the second Titanomachy, which could potentially destroy the world.

I'm thinking of an anime-esque RP which might be too similiar to Ragnarok and Blind Eyes Rewrite.

Well it is about Cronus being reborn as a little gril, Saturn, after escaping Tartarus. She loses all her memories and lands in the hands of a high school/middle school student in nipland that I would want someone else to play, who takes care of her.

Many involved in mythical arts have come to Japan have heard rumours that the leader of the Titans, Cronus, is somewhere in the Far Eastern lands. Gods of all Pantheons have vowed to stop him, so in addition to hunting Cronus down, they have vowed to grant any mortal who kills Cronus immortality. They do so because they know that once Cronus truly awakens, he will unleash his brethren from Tartarus and start the second Titanomachy, which could potentially destroy the world.

I'm not going to bark you down if your idea is similar to mine. Not only that, but your premise is vastly distinct to Ragnarok, which basically shoved all Pantheons into Ragnarok itself. Your idea has a lot more anime in it, which I think is a very unique twist in the mythology theme.

My point is, you've certainly got my blessing.

Seeeeeems cool. I think it'd be cool. Would it be Aporia!Verse apocalypse? Would the spirit world exist? Can you ban all pendulums ever in it?

Like all of my ygo rps, it would be in its own universe and have its own lore. that's how i roll.

Basic premise that i have so far is that an apocalypse has wiped out most of humanity and turned the world into a desert wasteland. instead of fighting over gasoline like in mad max, people fight over enerD batteries, cards, and duel disks/runners that they can use to generate energy. As well, some humans have mutated and have been granted shining draw-esque abilities that allow them to create a single card unique to them out of thin air, based on their personality and duel style in a similar fashion to the alters from s-cry-ed and stands from jojo's bizarre adventure. Thinking of throwing in some signer/dark signer shenanigans involving the legendary dragons, since dragons of legend coming out has me all excited for that, but i haven't decided yet.

Would anyone be willing to do a Super Hero rp? I've been working on one and I would like to see how many people would be willing to do it. But if not, I would like to receive some feedback on how I can make it better than it is now.

[spoiler=Plot]

*A scooterulez Original*

Within each of us, there is a cavity of endless potential, like a light in the darkness of our doubts and fears. But for most of us, we are given the ability to go make this internal potential into reality by doing what no regular person would do, by becoming a Hero. And within this great big clump of dirt we call home, nowhere in this world can do that than in the country of Situnore. A thriving country, governed by the UCUN, The United Capitalist Union of the North, where, not only, it is rich in its economy and politics, but it is safe for the league of heroes and heroines.

Within these Heroes, there are 2 types of Hero, they are called Adaments and Forgers. Adaments are those who have been born with powers, but they are the rarest breed of hero, with the birth ratio of 1 out of every 10,000 children born. And it's sad that not a lot of them make it pass their first year due to parents abandoning them after birth, because of the stress of raising a baby with powers that is out of their control. So, there are only a handful of Adamites in the world. Forgers have created their powers through the means of technology, training, or other worldly powers, there are many Forgers. Even though that Forgers are more prominent and recognized, both groups still protect and defend.

Though it is a land of milk and honey now, it was not always so 140 years ago. In the year of 1831 CX, a war raged on between 2 groups of power wielders, the Enhancers and the Pursuers. One wanting to make men free through a government dictatorship (Enhancers), the other wanting equality through one's beliefs (Pursuers). Neither side giving up or surrendering, who was to win? Then it finally came to an end.

With both sides, dwindling on men and supplies, making one last battle to decide on how this land should be governed. With every last breath from every man, the battle was won by the Pursuers. With the Enhancer's leader dead, some, but not all, fled to the mountains to avoid being killed by surviving Pursuers.

Now 30 years after that battle was commenced, the people came up with a way to insure that this would never happen again. So in the year of 1863 CX, the UCUN was born out of the ashes of a horrible war. What became of those Enhancers you say? They left the name of "Enhancers" and vowed to destroy the UCUN and established their government, they are known as Corporation of Shadows, or Shadow Corp., waiting in the shadows for the right time to strike.

With many years go by, many people started to go back to their old ways. Many groups were formed to go against the government and change its laws and to go back to the old ways. To keep up with the growing threat, the UCUN came with the Secret Identity Act. With this, anyone with powers, whether Adament or Forger, must be kept under the UCUN watch to insure that no one is going to plotting against the government. So with this, anyone wanting to protect and defend are to be contracted with 2 fractions in the government, either being a Hired Hero, or become a S.I.F. agent, Special Investigative Force.  SIF is the Military's special forces consisting of only Adaments and Forgers. Anyone not willing to obey this Act were considered criminals and many were arrested. This also spawned many vigilantes, those who still wanted to help the common people, but were not accepting to the government's forceful laws.

Now, in the year of 1971 CX, the country founded on beliefs, is the year where many people, both old and young, are making their way to find who they are in this world. Not every Adament and future Forger wants to be a hero, but this year, this time, is the time that everyone must face the evil that is coming upon them and must be ready to fight it. For an ominous wind has blown in from the mountains, with the fear of death and destruction in its touch.

For this is the time, that Heroes will be born!

[/spoiler]

I introduced a somewhat brief history to this story to explain how it came to be. I'm still working on the map and towns, but this is all I have for the time being. Also comment if you don't understand everything.

I hope y'all like this and would be willing to do this! I haven't seen much of this type of genre in the rp world.

Like all of my ygo rps, it would be in its own universe and have its own lore. that's how i roll.

Basic premise that i have so far is that an apocalypse has wiped out most of humanity and turned the world into a desert wasteland. instead of fighting over gasoline like in mad max, people fight over enerD batteries, cards, and duel disks/runners that they can use to generate energy. As well, some humans have mutated and have been granted shining draw-esque abilities that allow them to create a single card unique to them out of thin air, based on their personality and duel style in a similar fashion to the alters from s-cry-ed and stands from jojo's bizarre adventure. Thinking of throwing in some signer/dark signer shenanigans involving the legendary dragons, since dragons of legend coming out has me all excited for that, but i haven't decided yet.

Would dyne be a resource people fight over?

Alright...new ideas...new ideas! Please note that no huge plot ideas have been drawn out yet...but these are random ideas that I can possibly base an RP on. A way to look at these would be...interest checking ^^

[spoiler=Numero 1]

Gundam Build Fighters

In short, build your own Gunpla (Gundam Replica) and go to tournaments and those alike to battle other player's Gunplas. Like in the anime, there will be building and rebuilding on Gunpla, cause goodness knows that once a Gunpla Battle is over, most of the time the opponent's Gunpla is totally wrecked.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Numero 2]

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

In the past, I had TWO failed RPs that stemmed from this series. However, I believe it is mainly cause I was working to try and replicate an almost similar story to the anime itself. However, I believe that with my skills at this moment, inspiration for a much better overall RP story may show itself. However it still will involve the Vongola family, but with whatever twist I can manage.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Numero 3]

Original Idea

In a sense it has a bit of a Shaman King-esque feel along with other ghost and spirit animes and games. In short, a phenomenon happens that blesses the human race with the gift and abilities of certain passed on members of the Earth's timeline (i.e. Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, etc.) as they are called "Spirit Trackers". A group of these beings, being led by a person who has gained access to Moriarty's spirit prepares for war on the entire Earth. A basic, good vs. evil plotline and story.

[/spoiler]

Archived