Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [OOC][PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

It was really great! I'm gonna guess that's his future after the academy, capturing the Charizard.

I reckon we need to all commit to this, fully and completely (And not let it die like everything else), and once it's over we should all write a short fan-fic of 'After the Academy', where basically the Trainer's goal/dream is achieved/comes true. For example, Michael defeats his sister, maybe even becoming Johto Champion; his procrastination kicked out of him.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome :D that's a pretty cool idea, although the ones participating might not be experts at such things.

Well, there's still Part 2. Technically it's just him giving Taillow special training in speed in preparation for the battle against Charizard, and during this time he hears about a 'Pokemon Academy', but while heading to the mountains, he at the last minute hesitates with the challenge, deciding that he's probably [i]still[/i] not yet ready, and decides to go back and become a better trainer first, by challenging the Pokemon League. Naturally, since he can't challenge Gyms anymore, this is only achievable by joining the Academy xD

Taillow's been with him for two years now, and it's still not yet a Swellow.

Now that I wrote the summary all down, suddenly I feel too lazy to write the complete Part 2 :\

Well, Michael already has a Bio. I could write a short story on his meeting with Lapras, which may or may not include a Legendary Pokémon and a set of Islands ( ;) ) and will feature a full set of Awesome-ified pokémon. If I write it, of course.
It'll probably be set at around 6 badges obtained, methinks.

I might include Sneasel, as kind of a Junior and more shy pokemon. And Lapras will obviously be there, as a main character. I've got a story figured out in my head, so I'd probably better write it quick. Maybe tomorrow. I wont reveal the story I have planned, just to keep it secret.
If it goes well, I might release it as an Actual Fanfic.

~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT

[spoiler=For other related things I may do]Pokémon he has owned, just so I have a list ( Xs next to the name is post Fan-fic-esque thing/Es are pokémon that evolved post Fan-fic-esque thing/A is post Academy):
~Arcanine
~Arcanine (a)
~Sneasel
~Lairon (x)
~Chikorita / Bayleef (e)
~Yanma (x)
~Murkrow
~Staryu
~Steelix (e)
~Seadra (e) / Kingdra (a)
~Lapras (x)
~Aipom
~Corphish (a)
~Magmar (x)
~Staraptor (a)
~Nidorino (e) + Nidoran F
~Swinub (x)
~Eevee
~Lunatone (a)
~Donphan
~Gabite (a)
~Gliscor (a)

I'm posting this here as a reference, if that's okay. I've resolved to create a bunch of short stories starring Michael, some on his first Journey as a training, and maybe some after the Academy, where it'll probably be in different lands.
As you can see, he's a decent trainer. 17 pokémon is quite good capture amount for a trainer through 1 region, if you think about Anime standards rather than the Game.[/spoiler]

Hm, reading these is interesting.

I'm currently working on an original fiction, so don't get your hopes up about any Cam backstory fiction. Not yet, at least. All I can say is that he grew up as the son of a trainer from a village where he was taught the "movement connects trainer and Pokémon" teachings from monk-like trainers, and that is why he wears a Shaolin-based monk outift outside of school.

It'll be a little while before I post my fan-fic. My mom was cleaning out my computer and she accidentally deleted the fan-fic... She tried to restore it to original but it's gone.... forever... *Sniffle*

Well, since it's gone I'm going to change the story up quite a bit. I'm still adding the Houndour and how he gets his Larvitar. It'lll be more like he has to face a big force of power and his frustration gets in the way.\

EDIT: Aesirson, is it alright if the back story takes place on a fan-made island outside of Johto?

@Admiral I'm having Ice walk out to the battle field, to grab Plusle if you could supply Gyarados coming up to try and hit Plusle, but hitting Ice instead, because it is part of my elaborate side story plot, to have her injury the "glue" per say to kind of fizzle down the dorm rivalries plus even if people don't want that it will be great for Ice and Areo's side plot, because I have figured out girl with injury makes guy like girl more.

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1345258219' post='6009776']
Gyarados hitting Ice instead of Plusle? Hmm... if that's what you want then I'll think about it, I guess.

Wonder how that's gonna pan out for Rose's reputation though =/
[/quote]

I would think accidentally hitting a person who walks onto a battlefield is better than willfully ordering a pokemon to shoot a classmate. Yes Brighton's a tad bitter about the whole spark incident lol Besides

TRIPLE SUN VICTORY!! Sun's sweep the day...HAHAHAHA <---there will be a post to that effect. lol

So this is what's happening so far for Brighton's Day Off/weekend. Gives him some backstory, makes him appear nicer, a tad more hard working (I make well off/rich people a lot so wanted to change that lol), and like promised there are musical numbers. Of course that is just the shows opening but wanted to know if this was too much. If so we change the beginning to this being his after the academy story with him either owning the salon or some grand employee of the universe or something. See I can play along with the team consensus. Also forgive my litany of probable mispellings and grammar errors, and really need to find another phrase that says "At that moment" lol So thoughts lol

[spoiler: Brighton’s Day]
The glorious Brighton Daye starts his long awaited day off quite different from his normal day. Normally he would raise to great the sun with a famous opera and morning routine, brilliantly choreographed and dazzlingly enough to make even the most experienced Pokémon coordinators jealous (or at least he thought so anyway). Today though, was different the song he would rise to was Nessun Dorma but there wasn’t any performance. His usual showmanship was eclipsed by more a quiet and subtle grace as he seemingly moved through his roommates possessions like a ballet ninja. Which was another peculiar coincidence, Brighton had woken up before his roommate normally would. Before the bellum had even risen to wake-up his master, Brighton was already fully prepared and while he had his usual elegant gene se qua this time he simply winked at Belgium with his tote bag and Pokémon on his belt and he simply winked to the alarm clock Pokémon as he left quietly.

What few knew about Brighton or maybe just never cared to learn was that Brighton had a part-time job at a Pokémon Salon. It was great place to work for one as beautiful as him and though at the beginning of the year he was doing grunt work and janitorial duties he quickly worked his way up to being one of the salon’s most prominent stylist and employees. His original purpose in even getting a job was to use his employee benefits to pamper his Pokémon and maximize their beauty. Usually when school was out for the day he gracefully make his way to the salon and stylize all sorts of Pokémon, from the normal Raticates to the overly large Steelixes. It often proved such a tiring job taking all his energy to make everyone else’s Pokémon beautiful, keep his on Pokémon beautiful, and maintain his own high level of energy and beauty without the aid of caffeine and other stimulus. Sure being Brighton Daye was not a job for the weak, but then again true beauty is not something one can achieve easily. If it was it wouldn’t be worth having.

Today Brighton got to work a full day since for some psychic reason the manager seemed to know his school schedule before he even did…creepy. Brighton walked in early before the shop officially opened and was greeted by all of its beautiful employees with much cheer. The majority of the people who worked at the Salon were models and beauties. Similar to how most waiters and servers are really aspirin actors trying to be discovered at places where film stars dine, models and beauties work at these Pokémon salon’s because it is known that the agents try to keep there Pokémon looking beautiful. As Brighton made his way to his station and got all of his tools together and ready a couple of the girls came over to talk to him.

Lass: [color=#008000]Oh my goodness Brighton, how do you do it? I’ve barely had time to put on my make-up after all of the rehearsing we’ve done this past month. I couldn’t manage this, a school, and trying to actually train my Pokémon for some form of battle. How do you do it?[/color]

Dana: [color=#40e0d0]I know right! I mean I know you only got this job for your Pokémon’s sake but still don’t you ever get tired?[/color]

Brighton: [color=#ff8c00]Ladies beautiful ladies, does the Sun ever take a break from shining light on the rest of the stars in our solar system? Do you ever take a break from making any Pokémon that walks through that door more beautiful than it was? No…that and I have such a bloated sense of self that I can never be seen in any light that is not positively beautiful. [/color]The girls and he both laughed at the last statement. [color=#ff8c00]Though I will say I am not perfect my roommate can attest to that. There have been a couple of instances that I have passed out in his bed due to pure exhaustion. I’m not even sure if he knows about my job here. Regardless beauty is beauty and [/color]…he noticed a clock on the wall and a group of people outside the door…we seem to have five minutes before the shop opens. [color=#ff8c00]Both girls looked at the clock and no one’s station was fully set up…well Brighton’s was but it only had 90% of the flair he normally preferred. [/color] He let out a loud yell to warn all stylists, bathers, pool attendees, and other various employees to get ready. [color=#ff8c00]The time has come BATTLE STATIONS!!![/color]

This particular Poke-Salon was a lot larger than most due to prestige of the school that was nearby. A lot of students looking to become coordinators frequented the establishment. There were multiple rooms, a large bathing area for those large Pokémon, a series of spa rooms, a stadium/pool area of course for practice coordinator battling…Brighton is the reigning champion in both areas of course…and finally acting as the store front the salon area, where all the stylist were waiting in two single file lines for their clients.

The doors opened and the people came flooding in and soon there were more Pokémon in the building than people to attend to them. Luckily there was waiting area. Brighton’s first client was a temperamental Infernape that kept trying to take jabs at him, but like a monkey reaching for the Sun you can reach all you want you will never actually touch it. Brighton gave it one menacing glare in the shadow of his fashionable pilgrim-esk hat and the flame monkey learned his place rather quickly. After Brighton was done the Infernape literally exuded a natural sparkle that complimented its autumn colors and manly features. Everyone stopped for a second to watch the Infernape flex and show off its greatness truly a product of Brighton’s beautification. Brighton smiled as if it were a sign of victory, then out of the shadow’s came a Pichu an adorable little Pichu and Brighton understood….it was a challenge! Someone challenged his work with theirs. He looked up and it was none other than Dana.

[color=#ff8c00]CHALLOOOONNNNGGGEEE!!![/color] He yelled and everyone in the salon area knew what this meant ….DANCE BATTLES!! Yes a West Side Story-esk dance battle between opposing teams usually guys verses girls. There was never any ill will between combatants this was just a show to put on for those waiting so they wouldn’t get bored. After the floor show everyone bowed and applauded and went back to work. Minutes later the manager appeared doing her usual rounds and she happened to keep going by Lass’ station while Lass herself was looking pretty concerned with a Joltik she had been dealing with. The manager went by Brighton’s station as he was dealing with a Seviper.” [color=#a52a2a]I need you to go over and check out that Pokémon Lass is tending and tell me your opinion, but don’t make it look to obvious that you are looking at it…okay?”[/color] her voice was serious which was not unusual but this time it sounded pretty scary so naturally he put on his best smile and walked over to Lass’ station. “[color=#ff8c00]Hey Lass the manager wanted me to ask why you didn’t pay for your costume for tonight’s show.[/color]” Utterly blatant and quite a beautiful lie but still Lass knew the intention. [color=#006400]“I paid for it and I have the receipt right here.”[/color] Her hand gently moved over the Joltik's fur revealing a series of bruises and wounds all of the body that a skilled stylist can hide till they naturally healed. Brighton immediately petted the yellow rat spider which would normally disgust him but this case was special the petting allowed him to see this creatures neck.

Once Brighton saw the neck all bets were off. This was text book abuse. What was disturbing was that the abuser wasn’t some random ruffian who you could easily suspect, but it was a rather classy gentlemen. However in Brighton’s eyes this gentlemen was the most revolting and fowl being that dared breathe the same air. “What’s wrong?” the mystery gentlemen politely asked. Brighton’s aura was filled with rage so much so that the Pokémon in the salon took instant notice which means the trainers and coordinators took notice as well. His voice was cold and unforgiving, his face was down being covered in the shadow of his hat, and he was trying to mask his murderous intent.
[color=#ff8c00]“Minion of ugly, servant of evil, emissary of the odious, leave this establishment now.”[/color]
“[color=#000080]Why whatever is the problem?”[/color]
“[color=#ff8c00]Shock collars and cane beatings….who needs a Pokémon to inflict pain to another Pokémon when you can just do it yourself is that the thought? [/color]“
[color=#000080]“Ummmm I think you have me mistaken. Pokémon get bruises all the time from battles why would this be any different?”[/color]

Brighton’s eye was twitching as he was trying to main his beautiful appearance while resisting his urge to kill this man. So instead he simply through up one of his pokeballs and as the patch on it simulated whirling flower petals out came his beautiful Beautifly. [color=#ff8c00]“Behold foul beast!!! SUNLIGHT’S ETERNAL DAMNATION!!” [/color]Beautifly let loose a morning sun indoors blinding everyone except the master of course. When the sunlight faded after a couple of seconds Brighton was seen holding the gentlemen’s car keys and they had a tiny remote attached to them. The gentlemen understood he was caught as this 16 year old looked at him with smuggest of looks. The gentlemen wanted to attack but it was too late Officer Jenny was already on the scene thanks to the manager.

After that amusing little spectacle Brighton received a nice round of applause and of course he did a bow. “And if you liked that show don’t forget to come to the PokeSalon’s Advert Special tonight we hope to see you there!” Brighton was back to his normal radiant self.
The shop usually stayed open to till 8pm (anything later would have to be appointment only), but today they closed early. For tonight was going to be a big show at the town’s stadium and it took a lot of man and Pokémon power to get ready. Brighton, Lass, Dana, along with all of the other beauties and future male models were in getting dressed in make-up and costume while a bunch of Pokémon were prepping the stage. People were coming in to see the show filling the stadium with adoring fans. One would think this was the Sinnoh League championships or something. Brighton was shaking back stage because he was nervous. Even with all of his rehearsing he had never performed for such a large audience before. It was something that he would have to get used to if he wanted to shine as bright as the sun, but still so much pressure at only 16. He shook it off and looked at his school’s emblem gave a slight smile. He was suddenly hugged by some of the beauties who could sense his nervousness and being that he was the youngest person working at the salon by at least eight years everyone felt like they were his big brothers and sisters. The Brighton felt was such a warm and beautiful feeling that would give him all of the strength he would need to put on a dazzling show.

The Show
[spoiler: Somebody I used to know/Starships]
A stage was set-up in the center of what would normally be a Pokémon arena the lights were dark and a single spotlight landed on Brighton who was wearing completely dark colors accentuated with a masquerade ball mask sitting on what seemed to be a long bench with four figures cloaked in shadow. The crowded was cheering as the show was finally about to begin then it went silent. Brighton took in a breath and began…
[color=#ff8c00]“Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember”[/color]

As the piano beat dropped in the lyrics the light around Brighton revealed four beauties dressed as black ballerinas with their faces covered with doll mask. As Brighton sang they leapt to their feet and did a synchronized dance around the bench doing a myriad of splits. And all of this was projected on the big screen above the actual performance. As Brighton continued he was doing very well for his first time on a stage this grand and then he got to the chorus.

[color=#ff8c00]“But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know”[/color]

At that moment the entire stage lit up with fireworks and as Brighton belted out the notes ghost Pokémon crept up from the depths of the stage and proceeded to encircle all the performers. Then Brighton powerfully delivered the bridge

[color=#ff8c00]“Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know”[/color]

As he was seeing the chorus with the beauties in accompaniment the goes Pokémon started firing night shades and shadow balls into the air giving a creepingly beautiful light show. As Brighton was displaying his vocal prowess he someone touching his foot from beneath him and that let him know it was his queue. So he prepared

[color=#ff8c00]SOMEBODY, Somebody that I used to know (chorus accompaniment), SOMEBODY, Somebody that I used to know…[/color]

At that moment a Dustclops rose up from the ground behind Brighton and lifted him into the sky. The same thing happened with the four beauties and the circles of ghost Pokémon around them. Brighton and the beauties were floating directly over the fans in different areas and Brighton delivered the closing line.

[color=#ff8c00]“I think about the way were.”[/color]

With that the floating performs were sealed into what appeared to be floating orbs of darkness a beautiful and fantastic way to end. The crowd gave much applause but Brighton wasn’t finished yet. The stage lights switched from the dim haunting melody of the Gotye cover to a bright almost futuristic lights and the massive dark orb that was Brighton’s begin to crack and while it was cracking the audience could hear the second track of the night.

[color=#ff8c00]“Let's go to the beach, each
Let's go get away
They say, what they gonna say?
Have a drink, clink, found the bud light
Bad boys like me, is hard to come by
The patron own, let's go get it on
The zone own, yes, I'm in the zone
Is it two, three? Leave a good tip
I’m a blow off my money and take a little trip”[/color]

Brighton shattered the orb in a whole new outfit this one having much more color though instead of being levitated by Dusclops he was riding a Magnezone. The Magnezone fired simultaneous thunderbolts at the four orbs where the beauties were kept. The dark orbs exploded into confetti over the audience providing a nice surprise.

[color=#ff8c00]“I'm on the floor, floor
I love to dance
So give me more, more, 'till I can't stand
Get on the floor, floor
Like it's your last chance
If you want more, more
Then here I am”[/color]

The arena began to change into the aquatic field where water Pokémon are most comfortable but there were some floating stands for non-water Pokémon. As the water field rose the four beauties along with some of the male employees all dressed in swim suits were on the panels and they began to dance not in a rhythmic sense but as if they were at a party. Then the Pokémon came from all sides as Brighton got to the chorus.

[color=#ff8c00]“Starships were meant to fly
Hands up, and touch the sky
Can't stop, 'cause we're so high
Let's do this one more time
Starships were meant to fly
Hands up, and touch the sky
Let's do this one last time
Hands up..."[/color]

Water Pokémon and other Pokémon that can swim (or were generally blue) came out of the water from every side and started doing some synchronized bubble beams and bubble attacks into the air making everyone smile. Bird Pokémon came from the sides of the arena diving down doing aerial acrobatics and such while Beautiflies and Butterfrees descend from the sky in the middle and they do Silver Wind lifting Brighton as he prepares the big finish.

[color=#ff8c00]WE’RE HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER!!![/color]

At that moment two giant Gyaradoses overflowing with Dragon Rage leapt from the bottom of the pool and crossed directly under Brighton’s feet creating a blue arch followed by a combination of fireworks and a scene that was truly a sight to be seen. [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1345258219' post='6009776']
Gyarados hitting Ice instead of Plusle? Hmm... if that's what you want then I'll think about it, I guess.

Wonder how that's gonna pan out for Rose's reputation though =/
[/quote]
Yeah its fine I'll have Ice defend Rose if any of the other people accuse her its fine. Besides-> read the picture([url="http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2010/11/rules-of-anime.html"]http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2010/11/rules-of-anime.html[/url]).

Archived