Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [OOC][PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1345203771' post='6009088']
well, it's a Plusle versus Gyarados. The winner to that should be pretty obvious
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Plusle could win because type advantage, but Gyarados could win because it's the only one of the two that's actually a legitimate top-tier threat in a competitive environment. It's just a matter of type advantage vs. brute force.

Actually, scratch that, that's a [i]stupid[/i] idea =/

The 'Field trip' could be the first part of a Practical exam, a test in the wilderness where we are placed in an unfamiliar environment and have to survive for a day or two. Obviously there would be people on hand if there is an emergency, but they stay hidden until the end of the exam.

Brighton would get along fine he won already there would be no need to hold a grudge against a bird you blasted out of the sky. Besides anger leads to stress and stress leads to wrinkles and that is a no-no.

However I can definitely see Brighton getting on whichever Moon student is blessed/unfortunate to be partnered with him last nerve.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1345219154' post='6009188']
I love how an electic current sent through a bunch of ice cubes super charges the ice cubes instead of instantly melting them lol

also though I did want something that could fly I'll be asking for Riolu

I want to know about the Salon and Stadium lol? I have epicness planned lol
[/quote]

lol Magnet Rise Riolu. I was thinking of using that for Lucario.

okay, so once Ice's adn Rose's battle is over we will do a timeskip to the weekend, where students who want some extra points for their exam is invited to an optional field trip where they are to live in the wild in groups (every PC is in the same group, so there aren't any NPCs around at all) where they will be able to catch Pokémon and train.

Also, I think I should tell you guys that school starts again for me on Tuesday, so prepare yourselves for really slow plot advancement if it gets too hectic in school for me.

Poor Aesir.

And I asked, but it seems to have gotten lost. Can I possibly go for a Sub-plot battle/capture of Lunatone? I wont catch anything on this field trip, and it'll be much later on in the RP, but It gets your 4 pokémon you made included. I'd end up evolving Growlithe on the field trip, if anything.

The closest thing to a stadium would be the arena that the current class is taking place in (there are three fields on it, though) and by salon do you mean like a place to give your Pokémon a makeover or something? Because that there are none.

As for Lunaton, I'll think about it. Anyway, if Lunatone were to be caught it would have to be on its terms (as in you befriend it and it agrees to join you, not "battle.defeat.capture") and then that would mean Solrock would also become up for grabs.

Meh screw it. I'll let you catch Lunatone and then Solrock will be Cam's fourth Pokémon by the end of the RP.

Well, once Areo catches Skarmory...!!!

Anyway, here's Part 1 of Areo's backstory past. I figured it would be more significant for me to post it here.

[spoiler=Areo and Taillow, Part 1]
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WING ATTACK, CRUSH IT!!!!”

Tornadoes of flames were fired everywhere, threatening to burn the very sky itself. A lone guy only fourteen years old stood in the very middle of it all, armed with nothing more than an empty Pokeball and screaming out orders to the small Pokemon bird that flew in the air. His red hair hardly made him visible within that flaming hell, his dark green eyes having a withered look on them, like trees slowly withering.

The dark blue-feathered bird desperately hung onto life as it tried to avoid the flames and outrun its opponent. However, it couldn’t resist the orders of its careless trainer. It had to dive through the flames, towards the mobile volcano and launch a wing attack on it that would probably achieve anything. Up to now, it hadn’t managed to land even a single hit on the source of the blazing fires, so its orders were rather absurd.

“NOW!!!!!!!!! COME ON, YOU RIDICULOUS BIRD!!!!”

Against the impossible, the Taillow flew towards the fiery flamethrower, trying its best without much result to avoid the tornadoes of death that were continually thrown at it. A Pokemon like Taillow is naturally fast, however against a fully-grown Pokemon who had spent years alone, this whole attempt was ridiculous. Its features were covered in soot and ashes, which kept on getting in the way of its eyes, and the fires would lick at its feathers, threatening to engulf it.

The battle was taking place in daylight, above a rocky field, and the sun above only served to strengthen the attacks of this flying Pokemon capable of burning buildings to the ground. It was a miracle that Taillow had lasted this long. That is of course, around thirty seconds.

The enemy in question was a Charizard. A rare wild Charizard that Areo, the human, had found out about while trekking through a mountain, and simply [i]had[/i] to catch. A one-in-a-million chance, as such Pokemon were mercifully rare and in-between within the wild. Nothing else occupied the mind of this fourteen-year-old trainer but ‘catch that Pokemon!’, and thus he pitted his only combatant against it.

Yes. He had pitted his newly-obtained Taillow against a wild and experienced Charizard.

Yes. This decision was stupid, but Areo knew he wanted to catch that Charizard the moment he had first laid his eyes on it.

“TAILLOW, DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF?!?!!" He screamed at the bird, captivated by the amazing blazing aura of power that Charizard continually emitted. "I SAID WING ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Taillow’s wing began to glow white, preparing for a Wing Attack against the blazing dragon. It dived in through the flames, and just when it thought it had an opportunity to land its blow, the Charizard turned around with unexpected speed and it opened its mouth, starting to become surrounded in flames. At first, the bird thought it was readying for another Flamethrower, but within a split second it became painfully obvious what it as, and the Charizard lashed out with its teeth-

Unable to dodge in time, the ash-covered bird was blazed and had its bones snapped at the same time by a powerful Fire Fang.

Areo clenched his fists in annoyance at the complete failure of his Taillow. That Charizard would never be his.

Although he didn't know it, the Charizard had only bothered to participate in the battle because it was bored. It hadn’t deemed the feathered blue bird capable of even standing a remote threat against it, and so it had held back quite a bit. Despite this, despite playing around with the laughably pathetic Taillow, the dragon had quite easily taken it down without much effort. Not bothering to continue hanging onto the probably-dead Pokemon, it released the burning body and let it drop into a nearby lake.

It then turned to the trainer of the defeated Pokemon with a rather amused stare, as if daring him to [i]come back again[/i] once he thought that he was properly ready. That is, if the little weakling is brave enough to ever try such a thing.

Its reply came in the form of a Pokeball, as a last-ditch attempt to capture it.

The dragon-type Pokemon laughed, as much as a Pokemon dragon could laugh, and swatted away the Pokeball without much effort. Then it flew off further on into the mountains, leaving behind a faint trail of flames in the air.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, the poor bird was fatally wounded.

It had all of its former dark-colored feathers burnt off and its bones had been snapped by that Charizard’s Fire Fang. It had lost a lot of blood as well, some having been lost from the flames and the rest drained away in the aftermath of the battle, while it floated near-lifeless upon a lake. But most of all, it had caused too much of a strain on itself, having torn apart its own muscle tissues to dodge the dangerous Flamethrowers thrown at it.

This was the result of a battle against a wild dragon-type Pokemon that lasted less than a minute.

A lot of Areo’s friends left him due to his absolutely stupid and reckless choice of daring to challenge a Charizard, as well as the way his Pokemon had ended up, and his Gym case was taken from him as punishment, thereby preventing him from ever attempting to challenge a Gym, and in turn the Pokemon League as well. It was miracle the body itself had still managed to remain intact after all this extensive damage that only seemed to grow worse with each new discovery about the injuries made, and it was a miracle that Taillow had managed to hold onto that thin thread of 'life' after that highly-powered Fire Fang.

The Taillow should’ve died, but an emergency room full of experienced Nurse Joys and Blisseys managed to save it from that near-unavoidable fate of death.

Yet even so, there had been side-effects resulting from the aftermath of the curb-stomped battle.

Due to the injuries caused by the wild dragon, it was estimated that Areo's Taillow would be incapable of evolving into a Swellow for potentially [i]years[/i] longer than any ordinary Taillow. Also, for quite a while, it will be highly sensitive to pain and damage, so therefore using it in a Pokemon battle was definitely not recommended. If he ever forced it into a battle again, he would most likely be stripped of his Trainer Card, as well as his last chance at becoming a Pokemon Trainer.

The Taillow spent four months in a specialized Pokemon Center, and Areo slowly had all of this information drilled into him as the days passed by, the poor teen slowly starting to realize that Pokemon were actually living beings and that they feel pain, and that they can also potentially die. Especially when facing a wild Charizard, which had been an amazingly stupid and questionable thing to do. Absolutely everybody he knew criticized him for this action. Everybody.

“I’m sorry.” He told the hurt tiny swallow.

Areo had begun saying those words after around ten days had passed since Charizard’s Fire Fang attack. It was still recovering on a hospital bed. The bed had been placed within a room decorated with light wood and grass, so as to allow the bird Pokemon more comfortable relaxation instead of being surrounded constantly by urban white walls.

The Taillow had never blamed him, its trainer, for its actions. It never questioned them, and it tried to fulfill them to the best of its abilities. It bore no ill will or malice towards Areo, for his actions, although he really did deserve it by thinking that a lowly starter Taillow could defeat a Charizard.

Slowly but surely, as the four months passed the swallow bird began to recover. The fourteen-year-old trainer spent his days being constantly scolded and criticized by passersby, though the amount of times thinned out as the weeks passed. He knew already his mistake. He let his one Pokemon get hurt. He was stupid, thinking he could catch a Charizard. He was stupid, thinking Taillow would’ve been fast enough to dodge that Fire Fang…

Now that he knew the consequences, the former jerk seriously and constantly worried about Taillow’s health. If he were a sane trainer, he would’ve stuck to living with his Taillow, never participating in another Pokemon battle ever again, let alone the Pokemon League, and merely spending all his days alone, growing old while holding onto his precious Taillow with the one sole happiness to hold onto being that his precious Taillow had survived that Charizard's attack.

That's exactly what he had been planning to do. At first.

When Taillow was finally released from the Pokemon Center and back into Areo’s ownership, it fluttered around his head, doing strange movements and actions, as if trying to tell him something.

"...huh? What is it, Taillow...?" He muttered, reminiscing about his mistake around four months ago.

It took him a few minutes to realize that it was actually trying to imitate the Charizard.

"....What about that Charizard?"

After having successfully conveyed its trainer half of what it was trying to say, it then proceeded to act out a sequence of events, picking up twigs from the ground and throwing them about in an act to help Areo understand the whole picture, which he did. What the Taillow was trying to act out was their battle with the Charizard, only this time with it winning. What it was trying to say was that [i]'hey, let's try again.'[/i]

He didn't really want to involve Taillow, but as he looked into his eyes, he could easily sense that this was what it wanted....

Well, he could no longer compete in the Gyms and participate in the Pokemon League, so he had no other goal to pursue other than this one thing. And he had to admit, he was still captivated by that Charizard, and wondered what it would feel like to successfully capture the powerful dragon. It's probably still residing in those same mountains, even after three months. So if he returned there, hypothetically, he would re-encounter it. He still had two spare Pokeballs. Still, could he really do this?

One step at a time.

Perhaps Taillow could no longer evolve into a Swellow, but its speed was a subject that could most definitely be trained on. Swellows are one of the fastest Pokemon in the entire world, but who's to say their unevolved forms can't achieve the same thing through mere training?

Since after all, what would've happened if Taillow had been fast enough to dodge that Charizard's Fire Fang...?
[/spoiler]

Like?

Archived