Legend Blood [Finished/PG-13/OOC] *remake*

Merci

Actually, I don't mind Tavair knowing it's Elnaer. I mean, it did come from the top of the castle, and he probably understood a bit about how Lord Elnaer's personality worked to come to that conclusion. Not to mention they're cousins, so it's only natural he should know.

And he is sort of right about the moonlight replenishing its strength, technically being its 'soil'. Calm down, Ketodama, it's alright. As for destroying the moon...I have no idea how anyone would achieve that since this isn't DragonBall, but everything is worth a shot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..... >.> What the hell happened here; what did I miss...?

Argh; we've got canon ruining-ness! >.> You should've stopped accepting people at this point Merciful. The RP's nearly finished, and just adding random people at this point wont do anything good, really. Especially with a character that's physically inclined; that'll do nothing to help us against this final boss, as it's a magical fight. Which is the entire reason Clarice and Adrian were fighting, and aren't involved with the fight - they'd be useless.

Also, why do we have another fast-speed teleporter? I thought Clarice was supposed to be the only one! >.>
And I'm a bit pissed off because Adrian was supposed to be the ultimate physical vampire fighter >.> The whole reason why he terrified pretty much everyone around him. >.>

Like Keto, I'm a bit annoyed at this. No offense, but I do have some problems with it.

For example:
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]~"dodging bullets at practically point blank range with minimal effort (including rapidfire or multiple shot weapons)"[/size][/font][/color]
Impossible. It's impossible to do it. Especially with 'minimal effort'. It'd be understandable if it wasn't point blank. Or if you used the 'teleportation' (which I'm still arguing against). But not just to dodge them. No, I dont like it.

~T-Virus? Come on. Why? This isn't a Resident Evil RP, it's a vampire one.

~About the swordsmanship, remember: Adrian is the best Vampire Swordsman. Kay?

~"[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]It took 9 years to fight the side-effect"[/size][/color][/font] + "[size=3][b]Age:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]23" = He was a praised soldier fighting on the front lines at aged 14? As a Royal? >.> Something tells me this isn't a totally original app for this RP. [/background][/font][/color][/size]

Sorry if I'm being Nit-picky, it just seems like you've chosen the wrong RP to join at the wrong time. You would've been better off waiting for the sequel, like Swifty's done. We'd then be a hell of a lot less critical, I'd wager. And we'd have less of a problem with it - no problem, in fact.

PS: Your post has lots of flaws and stuff as well. We cant destroy the moon (A; it isn't really possible in this situation. Do you know how far the moon probably is? Plus, it's kind of needed for the sequel. B; Destroying the moon would likely end up destroying all life on the planet. The moon is an incredibly important thing to creating life. Just saying) and why would we trust your character. A character who is completely disobeying his personality, by the way. He's got a bloodlust but wants to attack the creature that doesn't have blood, rather than the 5 or so people with blood standing around? Your character seems to be a character to distrust; obvious bloodlust, mask, suspicious cloak, etc.

Then there's the fact he expects a roundhouse kick to damage Elnaer (Who, by the way, is actually floating a few hundred feet above the castle.) when superheated claws that can melt stone, a swarm of razor sharp leaves and an explosion of icicle shrapnel dont seem to do that much to it.

Oh, and a Tree can't stumble backwards. Especially not if it's floating in the air.

EDIT:

I'm mostly pissed off about this guy seeming to be a more powerful replacement for Adrian. You've basically taken what Adrian does, and boosted it. And it's annoying me, because Adrian's role was kind of the physical-based, uber-swordsman with a Blood lust. He's even got the boost thing compared to Vampires; his magical blood makes him stronger - eg, he smashes walls with a swing of a sword, decapitates people effortlessly, etc. >.>

Sad because as the control of the only two herp derp close range combat fighters I've been kinda stumped on what to do lol

Also the new dude...is kinda...a combination of Adrian and Clarice...and a couple people should know why I'm not fond of that lol But really one kick and he's moving the final boss around. Sad

Though I am thinking of putting Clarice in the final battle against the boss so she could have something to do.

Y'know, I was actually thinking of bringing a move like that into Adrian's arsenal at some point, Beginning. X'D Seems we're on the same wavelength.

EDIT

I managed to post, but it's a painfully bad post by my standards >.> I dont like it.

Ehh, meh. It'll do for now. I do like the magic I used in it though. How does Elnaer like stone Gargoyles?

Well Clarice and Adrian are cut from the same psycho cloth and I love taking things that don't appear creative and just making them so. Its almost a challenge of creativity lol Glad we synced on that. I'm really having a hard time dealing with this dragon thing and finding a non-hax way of dealing with it. lol

Hmm; besides turning it back on him (assuming it's a homing attack) there isn't much of a way. You could perhaps say that the swords he uses are specially made swords that are much more durable, and able to (just) block the attack. They are obviously different from other swords after all - he can only use his telekinesis on them, and they are obviously at least a bit more durable than other swords (eg, smashing a wall apart with them. And the entire fight with Clarice. They remain undamaged.)

Telekenetic swords are fun. I have shenanigans planned for them. So far I'm focused more on the insane psycho thrill seeking side of Adrian.

Clarice on the other hand I'm thinking either turn this into a Fairy Tail style 3-way battle, which I'm afraid would make the first Adrian and Clarice fight anticlimatic, or have her jump in against the tree of might here lol. I mean she could only do one thing and then she's pretty much just hacking away at it but still lol

[quote]But really one kick and he's moving the final boss around.[/quote]

Only by a few feet, hardly noticeable at all. But various things are true, such as Tavair's age not fitting into the timeline (I'm assuming it's 23+9, which would be 32. Still young, but more valid), and how on earth he expects to destroy something that is four times larger than a normal moon, regardless of whether or not it's like a balloon, is anyone's wonder~ the T-Virus is out of place, but acceptable as long as he doesn't try to infect anyone else with it, and as long as he doesn't mind Wylfred ripping out his genes in the sequel.

Plus, the legend's been through this before; Lath needs a moon. That's why the Hybrid sacrificed himself to replace it.

I admit, it would've been easier to block him until Legend Moon, but it was a good opportunity to add in a random [s]diabolus[/s] deus ex machina. Come on, admit it; surely there's something attractive about a mystery man appearing out of nowhere to deliver a powerful blow onto the final boss? Plus, he's very different from Adrian in that Adrian is The Dragon to Lord Elnaer, while he's just an almost-zombie popping out of nowhere.

Maybe the real reason why I accepted him is not for the boss fight itself, but for what comes afterwards; the final scene, wherein the next Vampire Lord will be chosen and coronated. I doubt anyone is sane enough to nominate bloodthirsty Tavair, but he's still a potential candidate like any other.

0_0 Geez, talk about an argument up the wazoo! =P

Anyway, can anyone explain to me as to what the hell is a Deus Ex Machina? I know that term came from an anime title (I believe, but I don't even know), but can someone explain to me how that works in stories? And nobody give me a link either. It's better for one of you to explain it in a simpler way rather than give me a link to where there's a sh*t tone of info that I deem unnecessary to read.

[quote]I know that term came from an anime title (I believe, but I don't even know)[/quote]

*stares blankly* No. It doesn't. At all. Otherwise, Wikipedia itself wouldn't be using that same term.

[spoiler=Deus Ex Machina]
The term is Latin for god out of the machine (pronunciation: Day-oos eks MAH-kee-nah) and has its origins in the ancient Greek theater. It referred to scenes in which a crane (machina) was used to lower actors or statues playing a god or gods (deus) onto the stage to set things right, often near the end of the play.

A deus ex machina is when some new event, character, ability, or object solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in a sudden, unexpected way. If the secret documents are in Russian, one of the spies suddenly reveals that they learned the language. If the writers have just lost funding, a millionaire suddenly arrives, announces an interest in their movie, and offers all the finances they need to make it. If The Hero is dangling at the edge of a cliff with a villain stepping on his fingers, a flying robot suddenly appears to save him.
[/spoiler]

[s]Do you have some form of ADHD or concentration problem, by any chance? :/ I never thought of you as the kind of guy, but then again, nobody's as they seem on the internet.[/s]

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1357500188' post='6113202']
*stares blankly* No. It doesn't. At all. Otherwise, Wikipedia itself wouldn't be using that same term.

[spoiler=Deus Ex Machina]
The term is Latin for god out of the machine (pronunciation: Day-oos eks MAH-kee-nah) and has its origins in the ancient Greek theater. It referred to scenes in which a crane (machina) was used to lower actors or statues playing a god or gods (deus) onto the stage to set things right, often near the end of the play.

A deus ex machina is when some new event, character, ability, or object solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in a sudden, unexpected way. If the secret documents are in Russian, one of the spies suddenly reveals that they learned the language. If the writers have just lost funding, a millionaire suddenly arrives, announces an interest in their movie, and offers all the finances they need to make it. If The Hero is dangling at the edge of a cliff with a villain stepping on his fingers, a flying robot suddenly appears to save him.
[/spoiler]

[s]Do you have some form of ADHD or concentration problem, by any chance? :/ I never thought of you as the kind of guy, but then again, nobody's as they seem on the internet.[/s]
[/quote]

Thank you for clearing that up. I needed that.

[s]It's Asperger Syndrome actually. I'm on the Borderline of the Autism Spectrum, if you know what that means. You're probably thinking of my brother. He's the one with ADHD.[/s]

*nods* My brother has ADHD too, and he tends to give everyone around him a lot of headaches. He never reasons with anyone, and can't concentrate upon anything.

[i]Now then...[/i] I'm hoping we can finish this within the next few weeks, or else I'll just utilize my godlike powers and knock Elnherjar out of the air.

Archived