Legend Blood [Finished/PG-13/OOC] *remake*

Merci

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357929832' post='6118221']
Apparently Elnaer cant spell Die. X'D

[i]"[size=3]DIE[b]IDIED[/b]DEIDIDEIDEIDEIDDIE[/size]"[/i] My favourite part. [b]"I died"[/b]
[/quote]

IT'S A SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE!! RUN!!! JK lol :P:D

Anyway, what's the progress of killing the abomination known as Elnherjar?

Elnherjar's health is only about 30%, while (thanks to Alexi+Lyon) its size and mana have been cut down to 1/4. But if everyone's incompetent, that stormcloud will go away and it'll get its 'regen' ability back, allowing it to restore all its health points with the moonlight.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1357846989' post='6117401']
Question: How the hell would lightning hurt Elnherjar?

In fact, would it do ANYTHING? Granted, covering the clouds definitely does slow him down, but I think lightning will only anger him if you don't use a sword as a lightning rod, like what Thor did in the Avengers movie. Anyone who knows which scene I'm referring to will get a cookie. :P
[/quote]

I just watched that last night lol though to be honest who is the one holding a lightning hammer and would live through the experience.

[quote name='Damiano Tosē' timestamp='1357960184' post='6118616']
So, again... what choices do we have so far?
[/quote]

A. Sit around and eat popcorn as Elnherjar destroys all life on the planet.

B. Rip out Elnherjar's roots manually and allow it to crash into the ground, allowing it to enroot itself properly and absorb the energy of every single living thing who has ever died and was buried, as well as the magnetic energy and gravity of Lath.

C. Hit it with lightning, using Lyon's stormcloud for the lightning and one of Clarice's many Giant weapons as a lightning rod.

D. Keep it occupied so it doesn't end up killing everyone too quickly (death count already at over a hundred, should escalate to thousands within the next thirty minutes if it isn't dead by then).

E-Y. ??????

Z. Ask me to end the battle so we can get this RP finally over with, and I'll deal the final blow myself.

I choose options, D first - B second - than C last. At least keep it occupied to one, two, or three targets at best. Clarice and Tavair can single-handedly try and take down the tree branches and hopefully the roots, but even taking down the roots would be a pain. Hitting it with lightning is mainly all we have at best. Well... time to make some popcorn and hope for the best.

[quote name='Shotaro Ishinomori' timestamp='1357874978' post='6117775']
Ed's retaliation and a look at his insanity.

And how do you want the fight to end, Beginning?
[/quote]

I'll have Adrian just do something epic and you can "counter" that way Adrian will just go somewhere in preparation for my ending and you can hopefully do something in the battle for treepocalypse.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1357971165' post='6118738']
I'm confused how can the tree thing absorb moonlight and gravity. I'll give you moonlight because of some vampire thing but, death and gravity don't make much sense to me.
[/quote]

Simple. Blutz Waves. *shot*

Okay, maybe not that, but it sure damn well sounds a lot like that, minus the transformation into a gigantic ape that can use a mouth blast and go HULK SMASH! on your ass without hesitation.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1357971165' post='6118738']
I'm confused how can the tree thing absorb moonlight and gravity. I'll give you moonlight because of some vampire thing but, death and gravity don't make much sense to me.
[/quote]

Let's say you drop a rock. It falls to the ground. That's force. Why is there force? Because gravitons. Why can Superman fly? Because he can control the gravitons in his body. Actually, absorbing gravity is inaccurate...it's more like absorbing the magnetic field.

And as for death, that's much easier. It's just the dispelled mana of a dead person, trapped in the ground because of the buried bodies, with no way to escape.

Yeah I get that there is an energy to be absorbed by why can the tree absorb gravitons or what have you? I mean yes I don't think putting a tree up right on the ground sounds like a good idea but as I wrap my head around the things capabilities. It seems like it can have any power source as long as its roots are immersed in something.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1357971920' post='6118747']
Simple. Blutz Waves. *shot*
[/quote]

Something similar.

See, Lath's moon is incredibly irregular. First off, it has a mass four times larger than the moon - in fact, it's EVEN BIGGER THAN LATH ITSELF. But somehow it orbits around Lath, instead of the other way around. This is because it's like a hollow balloon. [i]It's just the inflated mass of a human-sized entity.[/i] Because of this, it also radiates its own unique radiation that ordinary planetoids wouldn't.

If Elnherjar appeared millennia ago, instead of flying into the air and uprooting itself to the moonlight, it would've simply stayed [i]embarrassingly[/i] stuck inside the castle, almost completely powerless and free to whittle down to death. That's because the moon at the time was much different, a more normal moon (similar to Jupiter's Io, volcanic).

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1357972369' post='6118754']
Yeah I get that there is an energy to be absorbed by why can the tree absorb gravitons or what have you? I mean yes I don't think putting a tree up right on the ground sounds like a good idea but as I wrap my head around the things capabilities. It seems like it can have any power source as long as its roots are immersed in something.
[/quote]

Its roots absorb mana. Lath's moon (maybe I should name it) radiates mana. Lath itself is [i]covered[/i] in mana, and mana cannot exist anywhere else in the universe because of this.

Why do you think Earth has no mana? Because Lath is [i]special.[/i] Somehow. Haven't really figured it out.

Well, Lath mana is normally both unusable and nonconvertible by modern science. No sorcerer can ever utilize them, but Elnherjar (being a tree-elf-vampire-thing) could. Notice how Alexi didn't directly steal mana from the moon, he had steal it from Elnherjar who was stealing the moon mana and converting it into its own special brand of mana that Alexi [i]can[/i] use.

When people die, mana slowly escapes from their rotting bodies over time and blends right back in with Lath mana, but can also be collected before it becomes unusable. If Elnherjar is killed, it'll end up expelling a lot of mana into the air that could easily be collected before diluting. But the mana from the moonlight cannot be collected directly, unless you have a readily-available mini-Elnherjar abomination that you can leech off of.

In the end, this isn't a fantasy RP but a [i]science-fiction[/i] RP cleverly disguised as fantasy. Magic's only possible on Lath because it radiates stuff that allows it.

If a sorcerer ever traveled into space, unless they covered their spaceships with this radiation stuff, they would end up utterly powerless after a few minutes once the mana absorbed in their bodies naturally 'rots'.

^_^ Isn't this great?

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1357972008' post='6118750']
Let's say you drop a rock. It falls to the ground. That's force. Why is there force? Because gravitons. Why can Superman fly? Because he can control the gravitons in his body. [b]Actually, absorbing gravity is inaccurate...it's more like absorbing the magnetic field.[/b]

And as for death, that's much easier. It's just the dispelled mana of a dead person, trapped in the ground because of the buried bodies, with no way to escape.
[/quote]

*Gravitational field. And again, it's impossible. You could potentially redirect it - alter the flow of gravitons and manipulate the curvature of spacetime - but you cannot 'absorb' gravity. Absorbing gravitons would merely make gravity effect you more; if Elnaer did that, he would merely attract everything to it.

Oh, and I shall add an option E if necessary. Those arrows Feredir fired? I was planning a last resort sealing spell which would drain a hell of a lot of mana, but would basically create a 'mana blocking field' around Elnherjar, which would prevent him from absorbing any mana and pretty much make him useless for a few minutes, leaving him entirely vulnerable to the full brunt of our attacks - possibly also making him vulnerable to some internal attack from Alexi.

Archived