Stan Alda's Random Card Generator

Stan Alda

[color=#FFFFCC][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][b][background=rgb(0, 0, 0)]LIGHT/Level 11/Zombie/Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand by offering 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute. When this monster is removed from the field; Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck. 4800/400[/background][/b][/size][/font][/color]

Strangely I actually think this may be close to balanced with a few tweaks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Russell Taurus Oxford' timestamp='1350348910' post='6045353']
... dear lord, what is this...?:

DARK/Lv 4/Beast/Effect/1900 ATK/400 DEF

When this monster declares an attack; Add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand.
[/quote]

^ That is so realistic, it's scary. :/

pressed it randomly many times, got this

FIRE/Level 9/Dinosaur/Effect/Tuner: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters on your side of the field as Tribute. As long as this card is on the field; Destroy all cards on the field except this card. 700/200

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1350336661' post='6045140']
Well, I'm assuming that the randomizer has an equal chance of not putting in a condition, 1 tribute, 2 tributes, 1 tribute of the correct type/attribute, and 2 tribures of the correct type/attribute. So it's more likely to end up with a special summon effect than not.
[/quote]
I've noticed it too. My attempt at "weighting" the options evidently didn't work. Unfortunately, I don't know how or if I can tweak it further. This might be as good as you're going to get for a while...

[color=#FFFFCC][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][b][background=rgb(0, 0, 0)]DARK/Level 12/Dinosaur/Effect: Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Attribute as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Send 1 card on the top of your Deck to the Graveyard; Increase this monster's ATK by 1000. 200/300[/background][/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Stone Cold Loki' timestamp='1350447642' post='6046470']
It'd be better if there weren't white spacing in between each line.
[/quote]
I just use "Remove Format" when I paste it in. There's actually a few different themes for the generator's design, but I went with Minimalist. There weren't any other themes that fit the idea.
While I'm at it, here's something that makes Rock Stun even worse:

[b][i]Concrete Glider[/i][/b]
WIND
Level 11
Rock/Effect/Tuner
Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Type as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. As long as this card is on the field; Your opponent cannot declare an attack.
3600/3000

Legion
LIGHT/Level 8/Zombie/Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. As long as this card is in your hand; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. 4900/2500

Meiuz
DARK/Level 1/Zombie/Effect:
Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Attribute as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this monster is removed from the field; This monster can attack twice during your next Battle Phase. 3900/0

Armageddonouttahere
EARTH/Level 2/Dragon/Effect:
This monster cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. As long as this card is on the field; Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck. 2200/3600

Archangel Academius
WIND/Level 6/Divine-Beast/Effect/Tuner:
Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Type as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this monster declares an attack; Add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. 2300/1900

Blubbery Overlord Titannius
DIVINE/Level 10/Aqua/Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When a monster on your side of the field is destroyed by a card effect; Destroy all monsters on the field. 3500/3400

Earthworm Of The Impenetrable Defense
EARTH/Level 5/Sea Serpent/Effect:
When this monster is removed from the field; Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field. 0/4800

Hydrax, The Regenerative Terror
LIGHT/Level 9/Reptile/Effect:
Decrease this monster's ATK by 500; Add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. 4800/3200

Necromantic Lich
DARK/Level 1/Zombie/Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Offer 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute; Add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. 1500/300

Wormhole Demon
DARK/Level 12/Fiend/Effect:
Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Attribute as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Pay 1000 Life Points; Your opponent cannot declare an attack during their next turn. 1100/2100

Beast Lord Nukem
LIGHT/Level 8/Beast-Warrior/Effect:
Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Type as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Send this card to the Graveyard; Destroy all monsters on the field. 2100/2200

I like this generator a lot to be honest. The ideas, although mostly broken, can be worked on to be balanced and all in all, it does provide some good ideas and concepts. The last 3 are probably the most balanced. I think Nukem would be quite good for those new Level 8 Beast-Warrior monsters in Cosmo Blazar.

"WATER/Level 4/Dragon/Effect: Can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Attribute as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this monster declares an attack; 4600/300"

Deep Sea Diva says "hai." AND IT CAN BE NORMAL SUMMONED! :o

Also, dat unfinished effect.

I keep seeing too many "This card can't be NS/Set" and "this card can only be SSed by..." restrictions, tbh.

[spoiler=Death Arcana - Thanatos] DIVINE/Level 5/Spellcaster/Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters on your side of the field as Tribute. As long as this card is in the Graveyard; Destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field.
500/3600 [/spoiler]

'Cause who doesn't love an infinite destroyer?

[spoiler=Whirlwind Corpse] DIVINE/Level 10/Zombie/Effect:
[Normal] When this monster is targeted for an attack; Return 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field to their hand.
2100/4000 [/spoiler]

Or a monster who can never be attacked....

[spoiler=Nuclear Angel] LIGHT/Level 1/Fairy/Effect:
[Normal] When this monster is Normal Summoned from your Hand; Destroy all monsters on the field.
2000/1100 [/spoiler]

Or an insta nuke.

[spoiler=Master Swordsman - Whilrwind Form] WIND/Level 9/Warrior/Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 2 Monsters [of the same Type as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute. When this monster declares an attack; Destroy all monsters on the field except this card.
4600/3600 [/spoiler]

This + Equip Spells = Walking OTK.

[spoiler=Meek Dragoon]EARTH/Level 3/Dragon/Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 1 Monster [of the same Type as this card] on your side of the field as Tribute. Offer 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute; This monster can attack twice during your next Battle Phase.
100/1700[/spoiler]

Yeah...good idea, tribute 1 monster to summon it, and another so it can attack twice... XD

[spoiler=Plasmatic Reaper]FIRE/Level 3/Thunder/Effect:
[Normal] As long as this card is in the Graveyard; Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's Life Points.
3900/1500[/spoiler]

Wow...Level 3 with 3900 ATK, and if your oppoent destroyes it, it's an instant win. Do want.

[spoiler=Shining Magical Tuna]LIGHT/Level 2/Fish/Effect:
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by offering 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute. Pay 2000 Life Points; Add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand.
1200/900[/spoiler]

A completely balanced card (if not somewhat up)? lolwut? Level 2, only 1200/900 and costs 2000 Life Points to get a Spell back.

[spoiler=Updraft Lizard]WIND/Level 5/Reptile/Effect/Tuner:
[Normal] Pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 [monster of the same name as this card] from your Deck.
3700/1400[/spoiler]

I would pay 4000 Life Points and Tribute 1 monster for 3 of these.

I wonder what would happen if you used this against a Scrap-Iron Scarecrow user...probably nothing. Sword and Shield, on the other hand...

[b][i]Paradox Plant[/i][/b]
DARK
Level 4
Plant/Effect/Tuner
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand by offering 1 Monster on your side of the field as Tribute. When this monster declares an attack; Increase your Life Points by 1000.
0/3700

Archived