May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1351189311' post='6053741']
Karakuris can do okay in this format due to position changes and the fact that their Synchros summon non-Synchro monsters. Chance can attest to that. I was planning on using them for the tournament, but went with my current idea instead.
[/quote]

That's true. But because of the way you can easily side Double Cydragons and a chimeratech or System Down, they don't see much problem. Even Frex can attest to the Cydra plays being a huge cripple onto Machine-Type decks.

Monarchs dont suffer from losing staples because everything else also loses them. They can still run 3 to 5 S/T destruction cards with the same amount of swap/controlling power in addition to basically the same monster line up with minor changes. They still have hand traps to use and they have Salvage. They dont [b]need[b] Xyz that arent rank 2 and the rank 2s they use wont need to act on their own most times

You trade in about 4% consistency in exchange for being able to shrug at the formats conditions that do nothing to the deck

I have a couple other decks in mind that do sort of the same thing but would need to test at a later date

[quote name='Masked Puppet' timestamp='1351189537' post='6053748']
Monarchs dont suffer from losing staples because everything else also loses them. They can still run 3 to 5 S/T destruction cards with the same amount of swap/controlling power in addition to basically the same monster line up with minor changes. They still have hand traps to use and they have Salvage. They dont [b]need[b] Xyz that arent rank 2 and the rank 2s they use wont need to act on their own most times

You trade in about 4% consistency in exchange for being able to shrug at the formats conditions that do nothing to the deck

I have a couple other decks in mind that do sort of the same thing but would need to test at a later date
[/quote]
If it's Frog Monarchs, though, they would have to run Trag and Gorz as their Limited and Semi-Limited, or use traps... Or be very lucky.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1351189409' post='6053744']
That's true. But because of the way you can easily side Double Cydragons and a chimeratech or System Down, they don't see much problem. Even Frex can attest to the Cydra plays being a huge cripple onto Machine-Type decks.
[/quote]
I would have to Agree about Cyber Dragon. For my deck at least, it's very consistent of a draw. It hits several extra deck cards hard while bringing out it's own.

[quote name=%26amp%3B%2339%3Bslayer_supreme%26amp%3B%2339%3B timestamp='1351189608' post='6053749']
If it's Frog Monarchs, though, they would have to run Trag and Trag as their Limited and Semi-Limited, or use traps... Or be very lucky.[/quote]They dont have to run trag at all wtf? Hes not needed though he is good

Trags a good card nonetheless so I dont really see what the problem with running it as the semi when you dont need other semid cards is

Nah. Frognarchs don't need Trag. What they do need is E Con, Creature Swap, and other forms of control. Whilst annoying as it is, and potent, it's, again, just "keeping up". 1 of the big decks that can get around Monarchs is Glad Beasts, and perhaps even Macro. Will they see more play, the first most likely, the second not as much and even then other "top tire" decks can still "keep up" with the meta, whilst losing a ton of their consistency. 1 of such decks is Dark Worlds and I'm sure Monarchs would have a decent tough time against them.

And like I said before, if it turns out that certain decks become "problem" decks in this format, we'll handle them with correspondence :)

If Monarchs remain powerful, then we could consider them as part of the Meta of Chance's Format, and as response Anti-Meta (Anti-Monarchs in this case) will pop up and palyers will side against Monarchs as well. I see not problem with that. The same happens in the official format.

My point is that we can expect Chance's Meta to be different that the official's Meta, even if that means that Frognarchs manage to reach the top tiers.

EDIT:
For instance, "Mask of Resctrict" might become Side-Deck Material.
Also, I think it's too soon to declare which Decks are Meta and which aren't in Chance's Format. I guess we will find out after the Tournament ends.

Dark Worlds need 3 Snoww and 3 Grapha and 3 Broww to be good enough to really compete and 3 Gates would be optimal too

Macro is a deck that only a******s run and its a pretty awful deck at that. Plus Macronarchs exist

I dont see Glad Beasts being a problem to Monarchs when Monarchs just remove all the issues on the field and dont devote much to the field except when going ftw

@Slayer they only need 1 fader and 1 trag in normal conditions with the side giving you more of them should you need them. Works similarly here. And even if youre using Trag as yoru Semi whats the problem?

And Monarchs is just one example. Im talking about them because they seem to be the kings of the format

[quote name='Masked Puppet' timestamp='1351190253' post='6053768']
Dark Worlds need 3 Snoww and 3 Grapha and 3 Broww to be good enough to really compete and 3 Gates would be optimal too

Macro is a deck that only a******s run and its a pretty awful deck at that. Plus Macronarchs exist

I dont see Glad Beasts being a problem to Monarchs when Monarchs just remove all the issues on the field and dont devote much to the field except when going ftw

@Slayer they only need 1 fader and 1 trag in normal conditions with the side giving you more of them should you need them. Works similarly here. And even if youre using Trag as yoru Semi whats the problem?

And Monarchs is just one example. Im talking about them because they seem to be the kings of the format
[/quote]
Are you serious? Well, I guess you'd just have to go against Chances Dark F. World deck to understand just how good they can be in this format.

[/quote]

I've been testing them...and that actually doesn't seem to be the case. :o

[/quote]

Which is why I'm going to see them right now :3

[quote name='Chance%20Furlong' timestamp='1351190357' post='6053774']
I've been testing them...and that actually doesn't seem to be the case. :o

Which is why I'm going to see them right now :3
[/quote]
I saw a screenshot. Youre talking about Fabled Worlds which are worse than both Dark World and Fabled apart and have no real synergy beyond both using discards

Not sure what you mean

[quote name='Masked Puppet' timestamp='1351190564' post='6053778']
I saw a screenshot. Youre talking about Fabled Worlds which are worse than both Dark World and Fabled apart and have no real synergy beyond both using discards

Not sure what you mean
[/quote]
-Shakes head-
You just don't understand.

One Day of Peace might be an option for some Decks since it allows more time to set up. Plus it adds good combo's if you know when to use it right.

No I understand. Fabled World is one of the worst decks anyone could run. Ive played both decks and their fusion and Fabled World is Tier 4 at absolute best in regular play. Maybe low Tier 3 here

And Monarchs only need to compromise 1-2 slots throughout the entire deck that could otherwise be used better hence why I say they rule the format

[quote name='Masked Puppet' timestamp='1351191327' post='6053789']
No I understand. Fabled World is one of the worst decks anyone could run. Ive played both decks and their fusion and Fabled World is Tier 4 at absolute best in regular play. Maybe low Tier 3 here

And Monarchs only need to compromise 1-2 slots throughout the entire deck that could otherwise be used better hence why I say they rule the format
[/quote]
Well then, in fairness, duel Chances deck and see just how well it does. Otherwise, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Fair enough?

Archived