May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All dragunities have to do is focus more on control plays, especially given their access to Icarus Attack and the simple Legionnaire/Aklys combo. They don't go as Synchro centric as they used to, but they still have very viable plays, such as the loop with LaDD and Leyvaten and that's where their strength relies on in my format, which is quite enough for them to get around O-o.

I feel this weird mixture of sadface and "lolz" when hearing that xD

Then again, Dark Worlds kinda, really got me that time, and you have seen at least 2 of my matches, so you know what you are saying.
and they are not even in the graph IRL xD

Back to talking about tiers in this format:
I remember there was a Ghishiki Deck on the other tournament, and Rituals have no Summoning Sickness so, it should almost work as it does IRL.

[quote name='Excalibur-sama' timestamp='1351273692' post='6054328']
I'll probably face it.

...Or have a rematch with Sleepy.
[/quote]

I need to win a match before facing Wildflame ^^"
and ruling out the possibility of losing would be mean, and probably cocky from my part xD
I'm looking forward to it though. =D

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1351260790' post='6054211']
Probably just you. After reviewing my past tournaments and matches I've had using my own format, this is "my" results of the Tier List:

Tier 1:
Monarchs (Played)
New HERO/Alius Beat (Played/Against)
Wind-Ups (Played)
Atlanteans (Played)
Mermails (Played/Against)
Karakuri (Against)
Geargia (Against)
Gadget Machines (Against)
Machina (Against)
Evols (Played/Against)
Dark World (Played)
Hieratics (Played/Against)
Lightsworns (Played/Against)
Anti-Meta (Chaos) (Played/Against)
Anti-Meta (Stun) (Played/Against)
Koa'ki Rock Stun (Played)
Grand Psychics (Against)
Chaos Dragons (Against)
Twilight (Against)
Zombies (Xyzs) (Against)
Zombies (Synchro) (Against)
Gladiator Beasts (Played)
Firestars (Played)
Blackwings (Against)
X-Sabers (Against)
Infernity (Against)
Six Sams (Against)
Agents (Played/Against)
T.G. Stun (Against)
Gravekeepers (Against)
Dragunity (Against)
Frogs (Played/Against)

Tier 2:
Inzektors (Played/Against)
Scraps (Against)
Crystal Beasts (Played)
Evilswarm (Played/Against)
Constellars (Against)
Lavals (Against)
Synchron (Played/Against)

Tire 3
...TBA?

That's 1 hell of a Tier 1 List O.o
[/quote]
You... dont really grasp the concept of tiers well do you? Tier 1 is for the small handful decks that stand out above the rest. Tier 2 is for decks that all fall just short of cutting it. Tier 3 is playable stuff that's not really a good call but youll see played because people like the deck though not so much at events unless its Lightsworn

That much tier 1 makes absolutely no sense and I guarantee that no more than 5 of them are actually tier 1

That said Id love to have someone help me test something

The reason it's such a high number is because they don't stand out. Most of the "meta tiers" are pretty much SMASHED DOWN. I can guarantee that about 10-15 of those decks if not a few more deserve to stay at Tier 1. And I said, this is just from what I've gathered, it's not absolute especially given how my format is still in the early stages.

Thing is youre getting skill levels mixed in with your tiers

BlindMonkey helped me test some stuff last night and I have to say that his deck shouldnt do that well in the format. His skill level makes them stand out as better than they are

Same goes for other decks Im sure. There are only 3 or so on that list that seem like they should stand out

HEROes Machina Infernity and Lightsworns seem like the biggest offenders on this Tier 1 list

A big Tier 1 never gives a healthy format. One of the nice things about a meta is that it's stable, and there are stand-out decks. Unless you're mistaken, I'd change the format slightly to push some decks down. The best type of metagame is one with about 5 top decks, with plenty of Tier 2.

Wind-Ups are no way Tier 1 here. Same with Frogs. I very much doubt that so many stun decks are thriving next to each other too (it's just generally impossible for any meta to have that much space).

[quote name='%2ERai' timestamp='1351275761' post='6054354']
A big Tier 1 never gives a healthy format. One of the nice things about a meta is that it's stable, and there are stand-out decks. Unless you're mistaken, I'd change the format slightly to push some decks down. The best type of metagame is one with about 5 top decks, with plenty of Tier 2.

Wind-Ups are no way Tier 1 here. Same with Frogs. I very much doubt that so many stun decks are thriving next to each other too (it's just generally impossible for any meta to have that much space).
[/quote]
I think he meant Frogs as Frognarchs which have been playing consistently and are proving themselves. Not Wetland Frogs

Otherwise this

[quote name='Masked Puppet' timestamp='1351275968' post='6054359']
I think he meant Frogs as Frognarchs which have been playing consistently and are proving themselves. Not Wetland Frogs
Otherwise this
[/quote]

If so, I'd generally like to ask why both Monarchs and Frogs are listed in Tier 1.

I can't think of any other viable Monarch variant.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1351276263' post='6054362']
-.- fine just scrap the whole thing and start from scratch. Help me TEST!
[/quote]

I feel like having a duel and have some time for now, you can use my crappy Tokusentai deck for practice xD
at least 1 match.

EDIT:
or not... sinse, you are offline now, I guess....

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1351275761' post='6054354']

[/quote]

I thought that a big Tier 1 would actually be healthy because it adds variety to the game. When I see the top 8 from YCSs I find boring how half of them are Wind-Ups/HEROs, etc. (depending on the format) which means that a decent Side against them will allow you the get the upper hand against 4+ players. But I am no expert in these matters, just sharing my opinion.

But I got to agree that the list is unnaturally long: Altough this format allows Tier 2 to shine, I really doubt that so many Decks became actually Tier 1. As Archbaron already stated, I believe it is too soon to start defining Tiers.

Archived