May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1351371474' post='6055122']
Depends one the deck. Fabled, maybe. Anything that needs very quick removal, and has great discard fodder. But is Pheonix Wind Blast a trap version of this? If so... thats probably better.
[/quote]
It is a trap version of this but hits any card on the opp.s field. I guess that ones better in this case.

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1351371474' post='6055122']
Depends one the deck. Fabled, maybe. Anything that needs very quick removal, and has great discard fodder. But is Pheonix Wind Blast a trap version of this? If so... thats probably better.
[/quote]
Yeah, though it's arguable that either Raigeki or Karma Cut are on part with Wind Blast, depending on the situation.

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1351373224' post='6055143']
Personally I find Karma Cut is the best allround. Wait... I just realized that it is Dark World counter. They aren't as scary when there Graphas are banished.
[/quote]

That's true. There seems to be more outs and flexible tools for players to use given these cards and given on certain decks O_o Even the Herald Trio seem to be decent cards if placed on a Fairy Deck.

Right now, it's just up to us to find out which work, which don't.

BTW, I've been wondering.
Is there an actually dangerous difference between
-Up to 2 copies of a single semi-limited
and
-Up to 2 semi-limit spots in your deck, either containing the same semi-limited card, or not.
?

I just thought it gave a [very] little more freedom to the choices, Though I want to make sure you don't see something I can't that prevents the rule from being that way.

It's more of a doubt out of cheer curiosity rather than a solid suggestion.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Up to 2 semi-limit spots in your deck, either containing the same semi-limited card, or not actually sounds an awful lot better...hmmm....That actually should be the rule. Since the format is "restrictive", being able to choose the amount of that Semi-limit sounds decent. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

My current list of staples is:

Soul Taker
Mystical
Prohibition (in the side)
Evac
Prison
Thunder King.

Stuff that are almost staples:
Cyber Dragon
Shard of greed if a better draw engine isn't in place
Duality (If no other semi limited is needed)

As for tiers:
Well Monarchs seem to be tier 1.
Ummm anything with high consitency does well, namely gadgets, spellbooks, firestars, glads. Around tiers 1-2
Anything that doesn't really need the extra for power plays such as Photons, stun, Dark World around again aroudn tiers 1-2.

Thats all I've got from my expierences.

Oh how could I forget extra deck staples. I've only really had expiereicne with Xyz, and not of all ranks, but from what I've gotten, they go like such.

Rank 2: Gachi
Rank 3: Zenmaines, Giga - Brilliant.
Rank 4: Black Corn, Maestroke, Emeral, Chain (Maybe, tad iffy on that). Photon Butterfly lady O'doom.
Rank 5: Adreus, Volca.
Rank 6 Photon Bounzer. M7.
Rank 8: Giant Killer.

As for Synchros? Black Rose, Scrap Dragon, Stardust. Others I could remember, but have now forgotten.

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1352156461' post='6061647']
Oh how could I forget extra deck staples. I've only really had expiereicne with Xyz, and not of all ranks, but from what I've gotten, they go like such.

Rank 2: Gachi
Rank 3: Zenmaines, Giga - Brilliant.
Rank 4: Black Corn, Maestroke, Emeral, Chain (Maybe, tad iffy on that). Photon Butterfly lady O'doom.
Rank 5: Adreus, Volca.
Rank 6 Photon Bounzer.
Rank 8: Giant Killer.

As for Synchros? Black Rose, Scrap Dragon, Stardust. Others I could remember, but have now forgotten.
[/quote]
Leviair can also be useful, Utopia is still an okay card, though Utopia Ray took a giant dump. Tiras also is good because she can sit there safely for a turn and end up destroying a card. M7 is actually a Rank 6, but Big Eye is still god of the Rank 7's.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1352157360' post='6061676']
By the way, is it safe to add Macro Monarch / Frog Monarch to the tier list at the front page so I should do so?
[/quote]
I would need to see a Macro Monarch deck in action to say anything, but I guess they are better than they used to be in this format.

Archived