May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1351192300' post='6053799']
Not really. If they can maintain at least 1 monster, they'll be in the clear (treeborn into a monarch).
[/quote]
Unless they are using Mobius, that wouldn't work. Like I said before when we dueled, you can't attempt a summon of the incorrect Attribute/Type. Even if the summon would, in the process, make the monsters on the field of the correct Attribute. There are exceptions (like the GB workaround), but tribute summons aren't one of them because it's a specific summoning condition for a single card. You can't change the monster you're Tribute Summoning.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1351192373' post='6053800']
Mask of Restrict, Rivalry, Gozen Match. If Monarchs become that of a threat people will side against them. Just like when they side against DW, HEROs, Wind-Ups etc. in official format. No big deal.
[/quote]
So Gozen Match will hurt them like I thought they would?

Meaning they cant Tribute for a Monarch unless it's the same Attribute as the monster they wish to tribute?

EDIT: Seems I was right for the most part.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1351193271' post='6053813']
Well. most people might be using non-optimal decks because they are unsure of how decks will work with this format. With time, you might find yourself in the same situation as the current Meta... I dunno.
[/quote]

Another problem might be the fact that since the format is slower, siding in cards for them will be harder to get your hands on.

I'm suprised no one said Rai-Oh? Since, in a format where searching is great, Rai-Oh is a fairly good staple.

As for the format itself, I'm wondering if having its own Banlist isn't to odd. As, a lot of the damage cards did was becuase of the amount you could have. I understand this may seem odd, but surely its worth ago, adjusting things slightly more. The change makes some formely ok cards broken in my opinion.

And also, I have an issue with how for certain decks, when they fall behind, there is no way of coming back. Best example is against Kenji's Fabled Worlds. The pause between attacking rounds whilst yes is a great thing mostly, it also means that after a certain point, you can't fight back. Which I personally don't like. The only thing I love about normal formats si that you can make a comeback at the drop of a card, not just for sacking cards like Dark Hole, or Reborn, but Genuially skilled plays.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if they think its a crazy plan. The only thing I thought off for this is a Chaos Xyz Evolution type clause. If you have 1000 or less life points, and your opponent has say at least double, you can have a single extra deck monster not suffer summoning sickness that turn. Its probably a pointless idea, but I wanted to see what others think.

Otherwise, the format is amazing. It opens up thought more so, you have to plan ahead. You can't luck sack as much, and decks show tones more variety. Extra deck monsters that have none battle effects are probably better now, Scrap Dragon, Black Corn, Emeral, Lavlaval Chain, Junk destroyer, and I could go on are better choices. But yeah, this would be great to see in 'offical' rules. But to be honest, I may just make decks like this and take on normal decks anyhow. I mean, I would rather beat a player with the extra skill required here, than with lucksacking. Thanks for thinking of this Kenji.

Oh, and Prohibtion is in my opinion a side deck staple. Its frankly amazing here.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1351195526' post='6053835']
How about this for the format. You can have 1 banned card but you have to give up your Limited & Semi-Limited slots.

Or would this just not be viable?
[/quote]
the issue with that is even 1 can allow an FTK, even in a slow format like this

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1351196386' post='6053845']
Rageki. Last Turn, Makayura, Temple of Kings. All of them even at 1 would be silly in my opinion.

Ummm... Yeah those pop into my head. Plus, a lot of decks would love PoG back, and Dark Worlds with Graceful charity? I mean really?
[/quote]

What could Makayura and Kings do that would allow an ftk at least in this format?

Something... Didn't think those two through as much given there being no Exchange... Umm, Temple could make for a hilariously bad Trap Monster deck? But disregard those from my arguement unless someone else can think of a thing.

I just think... It would be better off safe than sorry when it comes to forbidden cards. Half of the list is flat out broken and there for a great reason, and I'm sure even given the restrictions on the format, people could still find plenty of ways of rebreaking them.

Archived