May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but that's for some decks. Lately, I've been trying to find ways to Summon Shooting Quasar Dragon seeing as that is now a "Legit" play that rewards you for effort. So far I've only Summoned Blade Blaster (which is surprisingly awesome given "ACCEL SYNCHRO!"

Oh and adding the Staple Extra Deck stuff (can't believe I forgot about that).

I know this is my view dude, but I don't think semi-limited and Limited can be counted as staples... Becuase they aren't majorly used I've found.

I think the only limited one on that list I have used is Reborn, and duality or monk being the only semi's I really touch on.

My reasoning for it, is that staples are stuff that gets put in every deck, unless there is an amazing reason for them not to. The format kills limited and semi-;imited being staples in my view. They should be techs in my opinion. But thats just me. Your format, your call.

I suggest Swords of Revealing Light as potential Tech: With the reduced backrow hate now they are more likely to survive the 3 turns.

I have been thinking: Why don't we give the no-ATK sickness to Level 6+ monsters as well? That would keep non-Extra Deck Bosses (Grapha, Hyperion, Junon, Fortress, Abyssmegalo, etc.) as well as Monarchs (who are allegedly Tier 1) on check. I would spare Level 5s because they are usually not that powerful and to reward those Decks that work around them.

Reason I didn't do that, was because of 1 crucial difference: Extra Deck monsters are usually "pick and choose" monsters, where as Boss Monsters that reside in the Main Deck need to be searched, or drawn for them to see play. That's why I gave the sickness only to the Extra Deck monsters, because they were supposed to be "supplementary" monsters in the first place.

The thing I find about Monarchs being tier one. Its not that they are level 6's who act as pretty much a +1 and can attack.

Its the fact that virtually nothing you can do hurts them, aside from maybe soul relasing the grave a few times. But thats only Frognarchs. Who are the better of the two overall, despite dying to macro.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1352224075' post='6062247']
Reason I didn't do that, was because of 1 crucial difference: Extra Deck monsters are usually "pick and choose" monsters, where as Boss Monsters that reside in the Main Deck need to be searched, or drawn for them to see play. That's why I gave the sickness only to the Extra Deck monsters, because they were supposed to be "supplementary" monsters in the first place.
[/quote]

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess Decks whose Bosses are in the Extra Deck (Constellars, Verz, Vylons, Flamvells, etc.) will have to deal with it or take a beatdown/stun route (like T.G. Stun).

About Monarchs, I would like to fight against one to find out how they work. And if they prove to be problematic, Mask of Restrict can become a new Side Deck staple.

You could also play and stall out with a Vanity Fiend. More situational, but it's an option. I actually had Mask of Restrict sided already. Since I think I'm going to lose anyways, I don't care giving out that information. You can also play Skill Drain in the right deck, Intercept (for laughs), or Blast Held by a Tribute.

Well, I used spellbooks, and what I found is:

That Destroyer seemed to do me better than Priestess since it could come back.

That boss's from the main deck are probably more powerful than ones from the Extra in this.

And that any deck capable of major amounts of searching and maintain huge amounts of consitency will do well in this. Which has been established in part by Frognarchs.

[quote name='Excalibur-sama' timestamp='1352243868' post='6062518']
After witnessing the winner's deck in action, I have drawn one conclusion and I hope most of you will agree.

And it's this. [b]CUSTOM FORMATS REQUIRE CUSTOM BANLISTS.[/b]
[/quote]
We need to decide which cards need to be banned/limited first. So far, it's inconclusive. Though I do feel that Dewloren needs to be treated as an unlimited monster with the restriction that it can't be used at 3. However, I also think we should be allowed to use 2 different Semi-Limited cards, but in that case only 1 of each. That's my opinion, anyways... but then I think everyone would run 1 Duality and 1 something else.

I agree with Blind Monkey.
Not that my deck is a good example, but in my match against Frex, I got perfect hands. I achieved my combos that are supposed to cut advantage from my opponent. Yet, my opponent never got less than 6 cards in hand despite making plays each turn, and my Don Zaloog discards in one of the duels.

Granted, Dark Scorpions kinda suck, but the point still stands xD

Archived