May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

You can use any card. That list is telling you what cards are ALSO unlimited within Chance Format.

I would just have assumed that any card not on the other lists were unlimited. But I suppose that makes sense, though I am a moron, so there's that.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance, I'd like to point out. The "New banlist released" on the tittle is no longer really "new". Shouldn't it revert?

Also, due to this conversation, I went to the first page to check that list. Everything except for Primal Seed is already unlimited IRL. That might make potential new participants of this format get confused by that list's purpose. 

Maybe if you delete the other names in that list, and just leave Primal Seed, and specify why the unlimited list exists in that post, it'll help prevent this from happening again.

Although it's not like anyone really uses Diamond Dude or banned cards this format, so it's almost questionable having it there, too, but I don't mind either way.

I would just have assumed that any card not on the other lists were unlimited. But I suppose that makes sense, though I am a moron, so there's that.

I think I see what the confussion about the "unlimited list" is.

That list in the OP only showed cards that the regular format didn't have as "Unlimited", but we decided we would OR cards that are there to show us that just got out of the list.

I doubt that anyone else in here have had the same problem really, but then again, might as well add it. I understand what you mean now, and I would be happy to actually try to play this format at some point, if anybody is interested.

Everyone is welcome to play here. The tournament is still in progress, but that doesn't say casual playing in this format is not possible. ;D

@sleepy, I'll be updating

=D

Well, this is the deck that I used. My side deck could have used a lot of work. In a lot of games I would side out DAD, but it proved to be pretty good for two of them. Goblindbergh is just there to act as a target for Reinforcement and to use up otherwise useless Rabbits in hand. I would probably take both out next time, though. I'd also change up the Extra Deck to be less dependent upon LIGHT and DARK.BuuW8rg.png

Droll and Lock Bird was just in case I ran into Prophecy, which I didn't. I only drew into Maxx "C" one game, so can't really say how good it was. I sided it out a lot.

If I were to use the deck again, and I don't think I will, I would take out Creeping Darkness since it's situationally good and very bad first turn, and test out Infestation Terminus.

The ironic thing was that despite having so many monsters and so many ways to get them, I always seemed to be short of monsters in my hand. Or have a hand of only monsters, as was the case in two duels. Also, I was wishing I had run a second Bahamut.

The duels weren't all that exciting, to be honest. just nerve wracking for me. They were pretty much me either getting off a move to stop Wildflame or me being forced to make the same exact play he did and therefore being at a disadvantage for making the move second. In all the times we dueled, a total of 9, I only went first three times.

Again though, I'm not trying to say that Wildflame wasn't a good duelist or that I should have won. I think, in the end, that Wildflame's deck was better built. I had a lot of changes I should have made.

There's been alot of confusion when refering to Power/Special Limit/Semi-Limited cards and even unlimited cards. Then I remembered how CF!V!! has their Deck Set ups...and am currently undergoing new "name" changes.

Power Limited is now "Game Breaker"

Special Limited is now "Limiter"

Power Semi-Limited is now "Skillers"

Special Semi-:Limited is now "Supporters"

As such, the list names have changed accordingly:

Game Breaker List

Limiter List

Skillers List

Supporter List

Think of Cardfight Vanguard, and this should make sense.

One deck i can see topping is Stardust/assault or Dragunitys. Maybe crack at them? (putting phalanx at 1 MIGHT help, but it would be pointless since DUX is what should be touched.... and maybe vaj/other dragunitys) Also, what of Shooting Quasar? Also you might want to think about Royal decree... maybe a skiller/supporter? and What of final countdown? I don't see ANY thought given to that...

Stardust/Assault actually hasn't been much of a problem card at all. The fact that it relys too much on Assault Mode Activate and other situational cards makes it a very inconsistent deck.

I've tested Dragunities, and they're actually at fair speeds. Not to broken, not to derpy. The only problem is the Elemental Dragons that support them, but those warrant hits on their own anyway.

Royal Decree...I need more feedback on this :o

As for Final Countdown, it's to inconsistent :/ You need your 3rd copies of cards, and playing with only 2/3 of the deck is really really bad.

Archived