May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

Wait. So I can only have a certain number of Limited cards, period?

And I'm confused regarding how many copies max of a card can you normally have. Is it 2 or 3?

The OP doesn't seem very clear to me.

Yes, that is why there is the power and special limited, so that the cards that are limited but not completely game changing can get a chance to be played instead of just the most powerful of cards that you would rather run rather than them. (Example: Almost nobody is going to play Book of Moon instead of Dark Hole).

As for the second question, the regular number of copies of cards in your deck that you are allowed is 2, with the exception of a single unlimited card in your deck.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must agree on Supreme's post. Ultimately, any format will develop standard "better" and "worst" decks, so rather than making more decks equal, it somewhat changes the focus on some of the decks that can be topping for others.

@Regionals question - Nope. I was too focused on the matches >_< However, I've been looking at a new cardshop location called "The Wulf's Den" near my location. Might consider going there and sort of, suggesting it or have them take a look at Chance Format. Who knows. Things could happen.

@Ayumu's comment towards Chance Format -> Finalfan - That's exactly the focus. Also, it "could" be complicated @ first, but eventually with more experience you'll see that the rules aren't that hard to follow.

"I have a dream"

or had one anyway and I've decided...to give out a few specks. IDK if this format would be considered for an actual format or not, but I felt like sharing the other things that this format would be doing.

The following only partakes to IRL if it ever starts (even in a single TCG shop):

- Official Ban List Dates -

1st of: March, June, September, December

Unlike the Advanced and Traditional Tournaments, CF tournaments would require 2 more ban lists to keep up with sets coming in, etc, etc. We don't want to give too much of an advantage to newer decks/sets and by doing this we can effectively do that.

- Chance Format Exclusives/Re-makes/Re-Prints -

6 Exclusives, 0-3 Re-Makes, 10 Reprints

CF Packs would have 6 unique CF exclusives that are only available for use (much like OCG/TCG exclusives), will have 0-3 Re-Makes of cards (balancing certain cards, etc, etc, making other useful, etc, etc), and finally 10 Reprints of certain cards. Chance Format Packs will have "CF" instead of "EN" and would be released as 5 card packs featuring the newest sets, for example:

LTGY is released : LTGY - CF Edition would be released a week later featuring the LTGY set (with a few different rarities) and CF exclusives.

And...yeah, that would be it. :P

To tell the truth, everytime I hear "CF" the first thing that comes to mind is actually "Cardfight Vanguard" xD THEN Chance Format comes to mind when I remember the place I am at.

I like the idea of adjusting the list twice as much as IRL formats. For a game in it's own right, it's too much, but for Yugioh, we all know they'll break the game again 3 months into the format, and keep breaking it harder 3 months after that so that the fix will look like it did a lot of good, and so that the game never actually returns to the level of those previous 6 months, even if just a tiny bit on top of that, it always ends in a little + of powercreep.

*looks around in all directions and then lowers my head again and whispers* True story.

What would you consider a "CF exclusive"? You mean, custom cards especially for it? Like, custom? I don't know if it'd be too different from the design of any card.

Hmm....I've been pondering this thought for a bit, but would you guys like to have a chance at using some "Chance Format Re-Make" exclusives? Basically for the next tournament (if we decide to do this) we will have up to 10 Chance Format Re-Makes.

Also, in order to use Chance Format exclusives, you must pay 100 Points PER COPY, or something like that. So...what do you guys think?

Any other opinions on Chances Idea?

Hmm....I've been pondering this thought for a bit, but would you guys like to have a chance at using some "Chance Format Re-Make" exclusives? Basically for the next tournament (if we decide to do this) we will have up to 10 Chance Format Re-Makes.

Also, in order to use Chance Format exclusives, you must pay 100 Points PER COPY, or something like that. So...what do you guys think?

Archived