Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It got boring to watch for me. They play way too safe because there's no real incentive for early aggression.

Changes need to be made to Rift Herald.  It's just BAD.  Dragon is the only real value, and towers are super weak right now.

So Oceania just got Hextech Crafting, which is kinda neat. It's a cute gimmick, but for my ages old account it's not as neat due to how much I've already invested into the game. I still bought some chests because I'm a sucker, but I at least got Firecracker Jinx out of it. Sad thing is, my free chest gave me Underworld TF, but I already had Musketeer. Pity, since Underworld is a nice skin, but, I like Musketeer more.

as an adc/mid player I'm getting a little sick and tired of the tanks doing all the damage these days .-.

dying to a full tank akali just feels -bad.-

Allow me to introduce you to a magical champ named Karthus...

It might just be that I've been playing him for so long I'm comfortable taking him into any matchup, but I find he does pretty well against champs like Akali. Let her towerdive, you run exhaust and will probably win that trade. Late game you have a Liandri and Rylai's and at that point you can start to carelessly run into the enemy team to initiate fights. "But that's gonna get me killed" you say? It's k, you're like Obi Wan; when they strike you down, you'll become more powerful than they can possibly imagine. Now you're doing aoe damage around you and all your spells are free so spam away. "But what if they get away from me after I die? I'm not gonna do any damage." Fear not, young one, for you have access to the R key. When a Karthus presses R, there is no saving you. You're going to get hit (unless you're that stupid fish, the clown, that lady with the boomerang, that other lady who doesn't let you move for 6 hours, or Darkrai with elbow blades) and it's going to hurt a lot. There is however a very hard counter. A counter harder than laning against a Teemo as Nasus. The banana woman. Ban her. Always. The banana woman can deny you so ridiculously hard it should be a felony to pick her against Karthus.

I hope I convinced you to play Karthus and if not, you will come around one day. When you kill a Karthus who in turn gets a pentakill or when you play with a good Karthus on your team who is somehow carrying despite having literally all the team's deaths, you will know his power.

Allow me to introduce you to a magical champ named Karthus...

It might just be that I've been playing him for so long I'm comfortable taking him into any matchup, but I find he does pretty well against champs like Akali. Let her towerdive, you run exhaust and will probably win that trade. Late game you have a Liandri and Rylai's and at that point you can start to carelessly run into the enemy team to initiate fights. "But that's gonna get me killed" you say? It's k, you're like Obi Wan; when they strike you down, you'll become more powerful than they can possibly imagine. Now you're doing aoe damage around you and all your spells are free so spam away. "But what if they get away from me after I die? I'm not gonna do any damage." Fear not, young one, for you have access to the R key. When a Karthus presses R, there is no saving you. You're going to get hit (unless you're that stupid fish, the clown, that lady with the boomerang, that other lady who doesn't let you move for 6 hours, or Darkrai with elbow blades) and it's going to hurt a lot. There is however a very hard counter. A counter harder than laning against a Teemo as Nasus. The banana woman. Ban her. Always. The banana woman can deny you so ridiculously hard it should be a felony to pick her against Karthus.

I hope I convinced you to play Karthus and if not, you will come around one day. When you kill a Karthus who in turn gets a pentakill or when you play with a good Karthus on your team who is somehow carrying despite having literally all the team's deaths, you will know his power.

The problem with this strategy is that involves subjecting yourself to a full 30+ minutes of playing Karthus, and nobody deserves a fate that horrible.

On the subject of tanks, I haven't had that much trouble with tanks being OP, although I guess I haven't played against a lot of the dumb thinks like Akali. Except Rammus. funking hell, Rammus is insane right now.

The problem with this strategy is that involves subjecting yourself to a full 30+ minutes of playing Karthus, and nobody deserves a fate that horrible.

On the subject of tanks, I haven't had that much trouble with tanks being OP, although I guess I haven't played against a lot of the dumb thinks like Akali. Except Rammus. funking hell, Rammus is insane right now.

Top lane meta right now is so skewed.  The dumbest sheet is how Graves top can go 0/4/0, build two items and boots 1, and suddenly be a walking problem.  funk around and be tanky as Alistar with 3x life steal.  Then you have sheet like Nautilus and Rammus.  Sure, I would love to be cc'd for five straight minutes!

Oh and did I mention people picking Nasus into everything?  Yes, he's a simple, powerful, straight forward champion.  But if you pick it into sheet like Graves or Fiora, you will not get to farm all game.  Stop it.

I heard that Tank Karthus is a pretty potent build. You just chase people everywhere with your E going, and just giggle maniacally as you wear them down.

It works. If you build tanky you last longer in teamfights. Think of playing him as a war of attrition. You can kill Karthus but he's not gonna let you take it for free.

Archived