Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Trinity [OoC Thread/Not Started/Accepting/CoHost-TheFinalFan]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1355792938' post='6096346']
Maybe it's the fact that happy sailors simply shouldn't exist in this neo-modern era.
[/quote]

I don't get it, he's not a happy sailor he's a serious guy that takes time for him to open up to people. And what happened to Water in Zexal? Did it just fade away?

I just don't like him nor do I feel like he makes a lot of sense, yes there are sailors but he seems like just some guy with a boat and he doesn't really fit with this so I'm going to have to reject the app he just doesn't fit and I don't think he would be beneficial for the RP so if you want to make a new character you can but unless you do a full overhaul I can't see him in this.

[quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1355795297' post='6096381']
I just don't like him nor do I feel like he makes a lot of sense, yes there are sailors but he seems like just some guy with a boat and he doesn't really fit with this so I'm going to have to reject the app he just doesn't fit and I don't think he would be beneficial for the RP so if you want to make a new character you can but unless you do a full overhaul I can't see him in this.
[/quote]

Don't take this as me going in a hissy fit or anything, just defending my point. My duel deck is a water based deck, it's about pirates, and to me it makes sense that the character has something to do with the sea so I chose a sailor. Mako Tsunami is a sailor and he is an official character in the Yugioh storyline? Why does my character not fit? I personally don't like making a character that has no connection whatsoever to his deck, and when I chose the pirates as my archetype it made sense to me to create a sailor character.

I also want to emphasize that he is a bystander, and I don't mind him being a side line character either. I could see his age interfering with some of the characters here but alot of people in the yugioh series are actually pretty old and hang out with the kids for unexplained reasons or cause they feel that they share the same quest.

If you don't like him well... it's not like I have any power to force him into this story but I read both short versions and long versions of the current lore and there was nothing there that said sailors wouldn't make sense, it was pretty generic to me or should I say it was pretty open for any type of character to participate in.

Once again this isn't a rant, this isnt a hissy fit, this is just me defending my points.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1355796372' post='6096404']
How would a pirate wannabe sound instead? I agree that a random happy-seeming sailor does not really fit in. Or, perhaps a Number Hunter who sails the world seeking Numbers? You also should get/make a Negative Number card.
[/quote]

1. Why do people keep thinking he is happy seeming (don't worry im not angry just curious lol), I clearly explained he is a serious looking person lol, he's friendly when he opens up to people which takes time. LOL

2. I thought of a Number Hunter but since I wasn't sure how important Number Hunters were going to be in the story I decided for Bystander in the meantime. I could consider the number hunter role though, it's not like I have to change much of his bio, plus it fits.

3. I'll try my best to come up with a negative number card :3

P.S. Still curious why a sailor period doesn't make sense, in the world of yugioh even the president of the united states plays duel monsters.... I mean if a crook catches you on an alley and wants to mug you, HE DUELS YOU FOR IT! LMAO!

You made your guy based on a deck I don't find interesting instead of making a character then making or selecting a deck that fits with them, Mako was a fisherman who made most of his money dueling and sailed around the world looking for his lost father which makes him a lot deeper/interesting then your guy.
Even bystanders have to have some way to connect to the story your guy seems super generic an meant to just be tossed anywhere.
Overall I don't find your character to be that good he has no motivation and just seems like a cosplayer.

[quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1355797332' post='6096422']
You made your guy based on a deck I don't find interesting instead of making a character then making or selecting a deck that fits with them, Mako was a fisherman who made most of his money dueling and sailed around the world looking for his lost father which makes him a lot deeper/interesting then your guy.
Even bystanders have to have some way to connect to the story your guy seems super generic an meant to just be tossed anywhere.
Overall I don't find your character to be that good he has no motivation and just seems like a cosplayer.
[/quote]

I can make his backstory much deeper if you want. It came out generic for two reasons:

1. I posted it on my phone when I had some free time in college.
2. The current plot didn't give me much room to work something with him.

Im sorry you didn't like the deck, i'll be truthful in that it saddens me to hear that since I really placed alot of thought and passion into it and hoped to make it's debut in this RP to share it with other people but once again im nobody to convince you to like it.

If you want a deeper story I can do it and im all for it!

Hmmm you know what, I think all this doubt is cause maybe you don't trust my RP abilities. How about I just show you an example of an RP post of mine and you decide if im fit for this eh? Gives me the chance to show you how I do my thing and if you don't like me then it shows me that im just not the type of RPer you are looking for which is the most valid reason for me not to belong here and I would gladly accept it. Sounds fair?

Alright the following is a cut of a duel scene with Spencer against some opponent we will call Zimmermann. This has nothing to do with your story is just an example so you can review my writing skills and see if they are deemed worthy.

[quote]
[i]Zimmermann eyes his field as he sees a great opportunity to lay havoc on his opponent. With his free hand he picks a card and raises it in the air before placing it on the duel disk:[/i]

"You will find the following move much to your liking! I summon XX-Saber Boggart Knight in attack mode!"

[i]The dueling ring lits up and the hologram of a silver armored fiendish looking knight with a red cape and wielding a long sharp saber, appears before Spencer.[/i]

"I then use his effect to summon another copy of him in attack mode as well!"

[i]An identical copy hits the field right next to the other Knight. Spencer's raider, and the two knights now stare at him with focused eyes ready for battle. Three level four monsters... Spencer weighs his current situation in the duel, thinking what would be the best decision to make. His face down trap card might do some damage but it seems to early to act now. He decides to wait what else Zimmermann has on his sleeve. [/i]

"Hmmm, you seem to be thinking alot about this Spencer, you have a response? Well in that case I'll continue with the summon of XX-Saber Faultroll in Attack mode!"

[i]From the dueling arena a massive red armored warrior also with a red cape and wielding one of the biggest swords Spencer has seen, appears before him.[/i]

"I will now use Faultroll's effect to summon X-Saber Pashuul in defense mode!"

[i]The massive warrior strikes his sword on the ground and from it a purple armored warrior descends from the very floor to join the ranks of Zimmermann's field. This was the moment, Spencer thought. With no further thoughts, Spencer flipped his trap card, it was Bomb And Swing! [/i]

"That would be enough Zimmermann! I activate my trap card Bomb And Swing! This let's me switch control of a bloodwater pirate on the field, and destroy one of your cards, then it lets me draw an additional card! And I target your X-Saber Pashuul!"

[i]From the duel arena comes forth a Bloodwater pirate. It swings with a rope from Spencer's field to Zimmermann's and places a bomb on top of X-Saber Pashuul, exploding on contact. Then it grabs Bloodwater Raider and takes it back to Spencer's field. Zimmermann is surprised by the attack but quickly regains his focus and finds an alternative move in his strategy. [/i]

[i]"[/i]Impressive, but im not done yet, you might have halted my first plan but I have always a plan B. I will create an Overlay Network and use both of my Boggart Knights to summon the one and only NUMBER 50: BLACKSHIP OF CORN!"

[i]The duel arena lits again and from it comes forth the large black ship with a corn based hull and a number 50 printed on it's sail. It's massive cannons now aim towards Spencer's monsters.[/i]

"You know... Im sure your pirates would appreciate a ship as pretty and powerful as this one, too bad it's not on their side! Now I will use Blackship of Corn's effect by detaching an XYZ material from it to send to the graveyard your Bloodwater Raider, and you lose 1000 lifepoints in the process! HA!"

[i]The cannons of the Blackship lit up and fire immediately upon Zimmermann's command. Spencer's Bloodwater Raider is pulverized as soon as it has contact with the cannonballs. Spencer is also pushed back by the blast and his life point gauge decreases by 1000, he is down to 2700 life points![/i]

"And to end my grandious turn I will make my XX-Saber Faultroll attack you directly!"

[i]The massive red armored warrior now cleaves at Spencer with full force sending him crashing to the floor and decreasing his life point gauge further by 2400 points, he is now at 300! Zimmermann now expresses a face full of confidence, with the end near, Spencer was about to lose the entire meaning of his life, his boat Red Mary to a vile crook! The sailor however tries his best to keep a calm feeling, he trusts his cards like he trusts his boat and the next move might decide the entire duel, with Zimmermann ending his turn, Spencer reaches for his deck and draws a card, commencing his turn. He draws into Bloodwater Ransomer. He looks at the card for a while, the young girl on the other side staring at him with the same stoic eyes. Spencer then eyes the field for a moment and looks at the rest of the cards in his hand. He goes through the numbers and a small smile in his face appears as he realizes what to do. [/i]

[i]"[/i]That Blackship was neat and all, but after this turn you will learn not to mock me with your cards! First I begin by activating the field spell card, Bloodwater Battleship!"

[i]The dueling ring lits up and a massive boat covered in mist takes over the arena! The Holograms now are aboard the Bloodwater Ship, except for the Blackship of Corn who resides just next to the Bloodwater Battleship. [/i]

"This card increases the attack and defense of all my pirates by 300, in addition to that it let's me switch control of one pirate on the field once per turn and finally when it's destroyed I get to summon a pirate from my graveyard to any side of the field. Next, I summon Bloodwater Ransomer in attack mode!"

[i]The dueling ring lits and from it comes forth a pirate girl in a red coat wielding a cutlass. The pirate girl looks cute at first but quickly puts up a menacing grin, her eyes set on the Blackship of Corn right next to her. [/i]

"Due to my card's effect I switch control of it to you, but that's not all. As the rightful owner of the card I activate it's effect; Bloodwater Ransomer let's me switch control of it and another target monster that isn't a Bloodwater Pirate who shares any of the following with it. Attack, Defense, Type, Level or Attribute. And I Chose... NUMBER 50: BLACKSHIP OF CORN!"

[i]Zimmermann's eyes open up as he couldn't believe for a second what he was hearing was true. He quickly questions Spencer of his decision, swearing it's a mistake. [/i]

"But your card has only 1800 Attack points! My blackship has 2100!!!"

[i]Spencer grins for a second and points his finger towards the sails of the Bloodwater Battleship.[/i]

"Did you forget the first effect of my field spell? It increases the attack points of my bloodwater monsters by 300 points! That allows my ransomer to take control of your Blackship based on it's similarity with Attack points! Now Ransomer, board his Blackship and let's take home a new boat!"

[i]The red coat pirate proceeds to grab a rope on the side of the ship and swings away into the Blackship of Corn, boarding it and taking control of it's wheel. The blackship's cannons now aim toward's Zimmermann's XX-Saber Faultroll! [/i]

"I now use Blackship of Corn's effect on your XX-Saber Faultroll, sending it to the graveyard and you also lose 1000 lifepoints!"

[i]Zimmermann howls in pain as the cannonballs pulverize his Faultroll and the ensuing blast hits him as well! He slowly regains his foothold and waits for whatever Spencer is about to throw his way. [/i]

"With a new ship under our command why don't we call out the other guys to let them see it! I proceed to use Bloodwater Battleship's effect and switch Ransomer to your side of the field again! Then I will special summon Bloodwater Brigand from my hand and use it's effect to regain control of my Ransomer!"

[i]The Ransomer swings once again to the other side of the ship, leaving the Blackship of Corn next to Spencer. Then the dueling arena lits again as another Bloodwater Pirate with a blue coat joins the fray, it proceeds to throw a rope towards Ransomer and pull her towards Spencer's side of the field.[/i]

"I will then create my own Overlay network! I use Bloodwater Ransomer and Bloodwater Brigand to call forth the captain of the Bloodwater Pirates! Bloodbeard!"

[i]The floor on the Bloodwater Battleship opens up as another Overlay network is completed, from it slowly comes forth the image of the mighty Bloodbeard. His green skin and red coat stand out as his menacing eyes look at Zimmermann with killing intentions! [/i]

"Now I will use Bloodbeard's effect by detaching an XYZ material from him to bring one of my fallen Bloodwater monsters back from the grave to your side of the field! I summon Bloodwater Raider! Next I summon another Bloodwater Brigand from my hand and use his effect to bring my Raider back to my side of the field!"

[i]Bloodbeard proceeds to summon the fallen Raider by unleashing a powerful wave at Spencer's Graveyard. From the waves comes forth the raider, rejuvenated and battle ready! Then the dueling ring lits as another Brigand joins the crew and uses his rope to bring back the Raider from Zimmermann's side of the field. With three powerful monsters on Spencer's side of the field, Zimmermann now sees his end inevitable![/i]

"Time to end this! Bloodwater Pirates! Sack out his life points, ATTACK!"

[i]Bloodbeard dashes towards Zimmermann with Brigand and Raider right behind him. The three pirates then unleash devastating blows on him as his life point gauge is brought down to zero. Zimmermann then falls to his knees defeated at the hands of the sailor Spencer. Spencer walks up to Zimmermann and helps him up, yet a serious face remains in him as he eyes his fallen opponent. [/i]

"I assume that let's you know for the last time, my boat is not for sale."

[i]Not expecting an answer, Spencer walks past Zimmermann and towards his boat, removing his duel gazer and replacing it with his classic eyepatch.[/i]
[/quote]

Barian, I'm going to go over your jurisdiction and accept the app.
The character provides some interesting variety besides just a bunch of sons and daughters of ZEXAL character.
Trimage, stop being a stick in the mud. There's nothing wrong with the character.
And if you are discriminating against this guy just because he's a 2-star, remember you used to be a newb as well.
We all were.

Are you serious...the Pirate app is causing beef? Really, why would rather allow a bunch of herp derp dimension walkers who phase shift and can only be seen through D-Gazers than a human. The pirate app is perfect because bystanders by definition have no connection to the story, that's what it means to be a bystander. If they have some connection to the events that are taking place they are no longer a bystander they are an active participant in the story. So that category should never have been an option if everyone in some way or form has to be connected. Second, there is no way anyone can that the character doesn't fit here because no one fits here except the descendants of the Zexal kids. Everyone's story is something happened and now they have a negative number (or know someone who does) the pirate has total freedom to bump into somebody, watch a number related event, or ANYTHING and decide to tag along. Then there you go BOOM they're relevant to the plot and are an active participant (once again not really upholding the definition of bystander).

I like the app and I am all for it. If that means anything. I thought there was going to be some complaint about its length but then again the host isn't that.

The person even provided a writing sample...I just can't see downside to this.

I agree with TFF, and Beginning sums it up pretty nicely. Trimage, this guy is more than worthy - [size=2]in fact, he's better than you, and that's when he's on a cellphone...[/size] - so I honestly think you should accept him. I can't believe you're actually protesting about this. As Beginning said, this guy is a [b][i]bystander[/i][/b], which by definition is [i][b]someone unconnected to a nearby event or occurance.[/b][/i]

Also, I'd like to point out Beginning's points, just because I would've used them myself had he not posted them.
[quote]The pirate app is perfect because bystanders by definition have no connection to the story, that's what it means to be a bystander. So that category should never have been an option if everyone in some way or form has to be connected.[/quote]
[quote]There is no way anyone can that the character doesn't fit here because no one fits here except the descendants of the Zexal kids.[/quote]

There we go.

Sorry about all the trouble, Malicious >.<

Beginning, Merciful, thank you for backing me up.
Emissary's main point is that...
[quote=Varian Emissary]
He refuses to listen to anything I say and spent an hour on a post without considering anyone saying anything to him, but I'll go over his posts again and then decide I still feel it is a very flat character..
[/quote]
When, in fact, the character has plenty of personality, as Malicious pointed out multiple times, and that he did listen to what you said, and countered them, in something called an "argument".
Varian, stop being so stubborn and let the poor guy in.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Work in progress]Username: Aesirson[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Ozone[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: As old as the first Duel Disk v2.0[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance: Although he cannot be seen by people not wearing D-Gazers (or are able to watch Virtual Duels by other means) his virtual body looks like a, quite short, boy in his teens with shoulder-lenght, white hair with a single streak of icy blue. His eyes shares the blue color, and are so bright that one could mistake them of being artificial (which they are, technically) He wears a white coat that covers his entire body, and underneath he wears a blue t-shirt and a pair of white pants. He doesn't have any freckles, nevi, scars or any skin anomalities, due to the fact that he's a virtual body. His skin is also quite pale as he cannot be affected by sunlight.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Equipment: (Duel devices, Disk, Runner, Coat, Ext.)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Personality: (Paragraph minimum)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: ( at least 1-2 Paragraphs)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Faction: Number Holders[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Deck Type: He plays a deck based around Ice-themed monsters, spells and traps with a mix of lockdown and burn theme.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Number -1: Sub-Zero Giant - Kelvin[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Aqua/Xyz/Effect/Rank 9[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 Level 9 monsters[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][color=#3a3a3a][size=3]Cannot be destroyed by battle, except with "Number" monsters. [b]Rest of effect coming soon.[/spoiler][/b][/size][/color][/font]

Archived