Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Trinity [OoC Thread/Not Started/Accepting/CoHost-TheFinalFan]

Well, we can either have Kris and Suess duel while the Captain makes his way there, then have him take on the winner (if so desired), or wait for him to walk in and have them kinda stare at each other. Either way, not too sure I'm ready for a triangle duel; seems a bit early for those.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to inform one problem that I have just realized from checking repetitive posts:
-The Duel Coaster Stadium is in Heartland (you know what I mean).
-Heartland High School should be in Heartland City (like HMS is).

So how are people knowing exactly what is happening in the Heartland Duel Coaster Stadium from school? I know that YU-GI-OH defies logic with supernatural abilities, but... Am I missing something important?

[quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1357513584' post='6113519']
There is another stadium which is closer to the school, more then 1 stadium in a city observed with dueling.
[/quote]

How convenient... But good enough, since I forgot about the one in Heartland City. -_-

Hopefully nobody else can get confused between both Stadium names.

Can I jump on this band wagon? Hey Varian do you mind if I use -48, everyone's been using custom numbers so I wasn't sure?
Here's my apps:

[spoiler='Aria Fontane']Username: Sapphyre
Name: Aria Fontane
[spoiler='Apperance'][img]http://i.imgur.com/4bT0y.jpg[/img]
She wears a pair of pink high-top sneakers[/spoiler]
Equipment: Duel Gazer Tattoo: On her left eye a sapphire crescent moon materializes while on her right eye on top there are three curved spikes while the side extends into three lines each ending in diamonds. This turns her eyes a gold color.
D-Pad: Aria’s D-Pad has a small gold oval base with a emerald display in the center, and when she wishes to duel she plugs in an object that resembles a closed fan, that then “fans”(pardon the pun) out into a half circle that acts as her monster and spell/trap zones.

Personality: Put simply Aria is at her core introverted and anti-social, she only speaks to someone when it is absolutely necessary, and it is usually to manipulate them to do whatever she wants. Aria seems to have a silver tongue being able to talk people into almost anything; she is a good speaker but has a habit of using words that are quite complicated. Aria is also very untrusting and cold towards people, this stems from her past, and when meeting new people she seems to put up a wall to shut people out. As a person Aria can come off as condescending and sarcastic, which in truth she is, as honestly Aria wants very little to do with people. Aria can also be compared similar in personality to Seto Kaiba and Kaito Tenjo, in the fact that she cares deeply for her little brother, and will become enraged when people make fun of her brother.
Towards boys of Aria’s age though her attitude changes, Aria’s façade crumbles easily, and she becomes very nervous and fidgety. If she becomes familiar with the boy though, she gains a certain confidence, and will playfully tease them and will treat them similar to her brother. To girls her age Aria is much more easy, but to girls she just met she will try to gauge them out. Depending on whether she likes said girl or not she will take one of two routes; to girls she dislikes she can be a super b****, but to girls she likes she can be like any normal friend to them.
To her brother Aria takes another attitude entirely, and always seems to have time for her brother. She becomes very caring and playful. Aria trusts her brother whole-heartedly and will do anything for him. She also tries to shelter brother, and keep him from seeing the evil in the world, and chastises him for using swears though she herself has a habit of using them anyway. After her parents died Aria came to value family, and even more so her brother because he is her last immediate family member, above all else. Aria views her brother as irreplaceable, and if anyone makes a move towards him she will become like a mother bear trying to protect her young.

Bio: Aria and Connor were both born to a rich family, their family was perfect, they shared dinner every night, their parents always had time for them, and encouraged them to do them to do their best. As a young woman Aria toke dance lessons, and joined many clubs in school. Aria exceled at everything she did, and in turn taught her brother these skills as well. When she turned eight her father began teaching her how to duel, unlike many other things Aria didn’t master it right away. She could be taken down by even the weakest and most inconsistent decks, it wasn’t that she didn’t have the ability, the decks she made just didn’t click for her. They all felt awkward to her, and she went through many deck types to finally get it right, for some reason she just felt a connection to the Hieratics. It toke her two years to find just the right deck, and build but once she did she reached the top of her class.
At the age of 15 Aria and Connor’s parents died in a freak helicopter accident, this event shattered the siblings’ perfect world. Soon afterword they were sent off to live with their grandmother. At first Aria was very resentful of her grandmother (you know teen angst and all), because she felt the woman was trying to take her mother’s place, and too overbearing. The two were constantly at each other’s throats, and argued about everything, especially Connor. These arguments are what would cause Connor to show them a secret he had kept since they had moved. During one of the fights Aria was going to strike her grandmother, when a sudden force repelled and sent her flying. Both women were stunned by this, and looked to see Connor in the doorway of the kitchen. It was then revealed to them that Connor had had these powers since moving in with their grandmother, and since then he had been practicing them here and there.
Afterword Aria and her grandmother had made up, with one goal to help Connor through this strange development. During one of their outings, Aria and Connor were approached by two men in military uniforms who asked if they could borrow Connor, and that they only wanted him to take a few tests. Not trusting the two men Connor and Aria fled to the nearby woods to evade them, and eventually made it back to their grandmother’s house. That night Aria had a dream were a large silver dragon approached and roared, and Aria awakened with a start. As soon as she picked up the card Aria knew the power it held could help them. Later that day Aria and Connor fled with the help of their grandmother, with the guidance of their Numbers headed to Heartland City. During their journey they were again touched by visions, with Mirror Wing Dragon saying "Do not fail me, Champion." The dragon they dissolved into a ball of light, which floated over to Aria's hand, and burst open revealing Number -48: Mirror Wing Dragon, and when she returned to the real world the card lay in her hand. Immediately Aria felt its power and resolved to collect more, knowing it could help her and Connor.
Faction: Number Hunter
Deck Type: Hieratics Beatdown [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Connor Fontane']Username: Sapphyre
Name: Connor Fontane
[spoiler='Appearance'][img]http://i.imgur.com/gGnrw.png[/img][/spoiler]
Equipment: Duel Gazer Tattoo: On his right eye there is a red flower like design, while on his left eye there is three triangle like marks that point down, with the last one extending into a larger design that resembles a wing. This causes his eyes to become a sapphire blue
D-Pad: Connor’s D-Pad has a small sapphire blue diamond base with a silver display in the center, when dueling Connor has small cube that extends into five monster and spell/trap zones and ends in a point.
Personality: Connor in one word can be described as mature for his age, and he displays traits that are more common to older kids or adults. Connor is also very stubborn, and will stand firmly for his beliefs. Connor is also very intelligent; with an IQ score of 127 he is able to outsmart many people who are far his senior. During a duel Connor prefers to think things out ahead of time, usually able to predict his opponent’s moves before they make them. Connor loves a good challenge, and enjoys it when people can surprise him. He is also fanatical about being neat, to the point of OCD, and it can through of his concentration if things are not orderly (like Death the Kid basically).
At times Connor will do something that shows his true age, and it shows how young he really is, which is to say that he also, as mature as he is, shows traits that are common to kids his age. He is very insecure, and will ask Aria for assurance or guidance often. He, unlike his older sister, is very trusting and good natured wanting to help anybody and everybody this has gotten both him and Aria into trouble at times. With kids his own age he comes off as very care free and fun loving enjoying to go out, and do things normal kids would do.
Connor basically relies on his sister Aria, looks to her for guidance most of the time and he trusts her above anyone else. He will come to her with any problems that he has, and tells her everything. He is very caring for his sister, and tries to do his best to do anything he can to help her. Though she is the older sibling Connor becomes very defensive of Aria when people are rude to her.
Bio: Aria and Connor were both born to a rich family, their family was perfect, they shared dinner every night, their parents always had time for them, and encouraged them to do them to do their best. As a little kid Connor was very creative and artistic, loving to write short stories and went through sketch pads like a termite through wood. Unlike his sister he wasn’t successful at everything he tried, but he was also more adventurous than his sister and tried more things than she did. Like his sister when he turned eight he was able to choose his own deck and chose Psychics instantly he seemed to click with this type of monster their was just something about it. When he chose the Banish Psychics he became even more skilled and learned many of the plays for the deck.

At the age of 13 Aria and Connor’s parents died in a freak helicopter accident, this event shattered the siblings’ perfect world. Soon afterword they were sent off to live with their grandmother. Connor was very close to his grandmother and hated it when she and Aria fought. He had some self-hatred, because he knew that he was the subject of many of these fights. Soon after Aria and Connor moved in with their grandmother Connor’s psychic power began to manifest. He was able to create barriers which were like invisible walls (which is basically what they were, and if someone were to hit it would basically be like hitting a wall) and was able to read the feelings of others. One night, while his grandmother and Aria were fighting, he just couldn’t bear it anymore, and ventured into the kitchen in time to see Aria go to strike their grandmother, in desperation he created a barrier to stop her, which is when he explained to them how shortly after they had moved here his powers had manifested.
Happy that his sister and grandmother had reconciled Connor began to lose his self-hatred, and began practicing using his powers again. During one of their outings, Aria and Connor were approached by two men in military uniforms who asked if they could borrow Connor, and that they only wanted him to take a few tests. Not trusting the two men Connor and Aria fled to the nearby woods to evade them, and eventually made it back to their grandmother’s house. That night Connor had a dream where a woman in blue’s back is facing him, she turns around and her staff flashes, and Connor awakens with a start. As soon as she picked up the card Later that day Aria and Connor fled with the help of their grandmother, with the guidance of their Numbers headed to Heartland City. During their journey both were touched by visions, with Esper Ambiance saying only "My Champion," and giving Connor a motherly look. The woman then turned into a musical note and floated around Connor (like the way Navi does in the Link games) finally bursting open to reveal Number -37: Esper Ambiance. When he awoke the card lay in his hand.
Faction: Number Holder
Deck Type: Banish Psychics [/spoiler]

Connor's Custom Cards:

[spoiler='Rift Queen'][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/143111.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Number -33: Esper Ambiance'][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/163057.jpg[/img]
Lore:[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]3 Level 4 [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monsters[/url]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]When this card is [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?smt=Xyz"]Xyz[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Summoned you can select up to 2 of your banished [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?st2=Psychic"]Psychic[/url][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monsters[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] and [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?snm=Return"]return[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]them to the Graveyard. Once per turn you can banish one [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?st2=Psychic"]Psychic[/url][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monster[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] in your Graveyard. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the banished [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monster[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]'s level x200. By detaching one of this card's [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?smt=Xyz"]Xyz[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] Materials you can select one of your removed from play[/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?st2=Psychic"]Psychic[/url][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monsters[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]. Increase the level of one [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monster[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] you control by half of the selected [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-cards/search?sst=m"]monster[/url][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3].[/size][/font][/color] [/spoiler]

Just wanted to make sure the customs weren't too OP.

Interesting, Sapphyre. You clearly know how to make characters.
However, at 19 and 13, they are a bit too old and a bit too young, respectively, to be part of the main cast, who are mostly in high school. However, that's something to think about, and I'm sure Connor could easily get into high school.
Also, the Numbers could have a better explanation than "finding them on the nightstand".
Furthermore, 119, while a good IQ, is not all that great.
I myself have an IQ of 135 (on a good day), which is pretty high.
And I think the IQ to get into Mensa, the organization composed of some of the smartest people on the planet, is about 131.
I'm going to say that they are pending.
Polish them up a bit more, and they'll be good.

Well my thoughts.

Aria: People who can manipulate and impose their will on others aren't introverts. They can be quiet (don't really see how though) but they aren't introverts. You would literally have to go out of your way to make someone do something they wouldn't normally do for your own personal gain. Also no way I would call Kaiba and Kite introverts lol

Connor: He's fine...though I'm starting to feel that all kids involved in these kind of stories must have their parents killed off in some grueling way.

Well thank you TFF~<3

With Connor I was trying to make it so he was smart, but not mind blowingly smart so that people would be like "Oh that's impossible, I hate this character!" So should I change Connor's IQ?
I'll change their ages, and by the time I got to the Numbers I was getting a bit lazy so I'll rework that explanation.
Sorry Varian I must've missed it. Oh by the way are the customs OK?

[quote name='☯AixDivadis☯' timestamp='1357562860' post='6114042']
"Djinn's effect saves himself from destruction. I detach 1 Xyz Material and he survives," said Bakudan. "Next, when Paradox Dragon attacks, [b]I use 'Explosia - Infernal Calling's effect to regain the 2000 Life Points I lose[/b]. Though 'Explosia Gear Express' is destroyed." He didn't really care. Express was really a one-time use thing. The effect to Special Summon the card was merely a bonus, that was all. He looked confidently into his opponent's eyes, challenging her to do better. His Life Points were untouched.
[/quote]

Calling BS on the bold part. Infernal Calling should only work for effects and/or only on YOUR turn. I'll be lenient enough to give you the option.

Also, it's probably just me having a widescreen, but I only see three lines.

Archived