YCM 1v1 Leaderboard Season 19

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is months away, but I'm thinking about changing the way standings are done for next season. The standings would be done in the "soccer" format if I do change it. Just trying to make it a bit more fair so the possibility of someone with a losing record isn't the champion, but I'm not sure how to do that. Suggestions?

I don't get the wording on this sentence, did you miss something?

Otherwise it'd be nice if you explained it to me because I simply don't get what you mean.

I don't want a 13-14 beating a 12-5 for first place, or for any spot in the top 3. That almost happened last season, and it wouldn't have been far to Zanda. Though, I don't see a way to fix that unless I make it by win percentage, but that gives people the opportunity to face the easiest opponents in order to be undefeated. I'm just trying to fix a flaw before it becomes a serious problem.

I don't want a 13-14 beating a 12-5 for first place, or for any spot in the top 3. That almost happened last season, and it wouldn't have been far to Zanda. Though, I don't see a way to fix that unless I make it by win percentage, but that gives people the opportunity to face the easiest opponents in order to be undefeated. I'm just trying to fix a flaw before it becomes a serious problem.

You can always offer more than one category.

Best win-loss ratio, most wins, stuff like that. To avoid what you said and people playing only one game and then quitting with a 100% ratio, a certain number of contests played would be required to qualify.

Win percentage wouldn't work too well since there'd be a few 1-0's, 2-0's, etc. Just a thought but what if everyone starts at "100" or something, and then wins increase that number while losses decrease that number?

For example, starting with 100, wins could +10, draws could +5, and losses could -5. This can be changed but in this case, there'd only be 1 value to rank

You could still display the win-loss ratio but rank people with the system above

Win percentage wouldn't work too well since there'd be a few 1-0's, 2-0's, etc. Just a thought but what if everyone starts at "100" or something, and then wins increase that number while losses decrease that number?

For example, starting with 100, wins could +10, draws could +5, and losses could -5. This can be changed but in this case, there'd only be 1 value to rank

You could still display the win-loss ratio but rank people with the system above

That actually sounds like a good idea. Interesting.

You can always offer more than one category.

Best win-loss ratio, most wins, stuff like that. To avoid what you said and people playing only one game and then quitting with a 100% ratio, a certain number of contests played would be required to qualify.

I suppose I could. And I could have sworn that I have a rule that mandates a minimum of 5 1v1s to qualify for a prize.

Each win = win,

each 3 loses = -1win

12-4 would be a total of 11 wins, 13-14 would be 9 wins. 13-13 > 13-14 by using decimals, or you could simply tie them.

Sounds more fair then currently, at least.

I already put the 13-13 above the 13-14. The problem is if a 14-18 beats a 13-4 (or something like that). Your suggestion sounds similar to Instinct's, so I guess it is a better idea than I first thought. And those ideas make a points back category more doable.

I haven't looked at any other post other then your post saying you need an idea. I didn't know the 13-13 13-14 was an actual issue, I used it as an example.

13-4 would be 12 points. 14-18 would be 8 points.

Seems fair to me.

Indeed, and that's why I like it. It also solves the problem of people winning the minimum and stopping.

Would a draw then be a win and a lose, or simply there for note and not serve towards points?

I would imagine a tie being neutral would be fine.

I've seen draws being given the value of half a win in Football. In Soccer, W=3, D=1, L=0. Maybe we can have W=1, D=0, L=-1 or something like that?

That would make 3-3-1 a 0 score, correct?

Draws aren't something you should really be proud of, like a win, or suffer from, like a loss, in my eyes. On a scoreboard, I think it should be the same way. Just my opinion.

For those interested, using the

Win: +1, 3 Loses: -1 System

This is how the All-Time Leaderboard would look:

[spoiler=All Time (Top 15)]

1)Zextra (25)
2) Renegade (17)
3) Therrion (15)
4) Aix (9)
5) Seija (9)
6) Zanda ( 8 )
7) Sora ( 8 )
8 ) Azn (7)
9) Instinct (6)
10) Toyo (6)
11) Dante (6)
12) Fraxure (4)
13) Kyng (3)
14) Mugen (3)
14) Soulfire (3)

EDIT: Yeah, I was thinking that too. I knew it was like that, but I didn't want to use decimals. It occured to me that with it constantly changing, it would get annoying and thus going by

#, #.33, #.66, Next # would be easier for you to update.

Archived