YCM 1v1 Leaderboard Season 19

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because opinions should also be welcome I'm going to place a few suggestions.

• Past Winners should have a separate spoiler to showcase their winnings on the first post.
  • A possible branch off could be a separate tournament for 2v2s, then we could have a "Tag-Team Champion" this could be a once a year type thing, or one every half a year.
  • A possible award could be for someone who won the most tournaments over the year?
  • Possibly a themed Christmas tournament in which people must make christmas themed cards etc but works the same way as the 1v1 Tournament
  • Maybe have it set up more tournamentesque? Pre-set the match list so people don't pick and chose their 1v1s to win more often and then we can have a "Grand Finale" match, might give more incentive for people to vote. (I would happily do the graphic for the tournament image to showcase who is facing who) we could also then give deadlines and people will forfeit if they do not complete said card in time.

I should be working...

Well, a 1v1 poster could have the requirements set to "Make a card that celebrates the season of giving! (Christmas)" or "Halloween is right around the corner, make a Halloween themed card!".

2v2 would be neat, but that may be too much on Striker.

Pre-set matches would only do to exclude people who just randomly see it mid-season and want to participate, in my eyes. So, basically, you'd make it so they only have 4 chances a year to get involved with this, as opposed to at any point in time.

Could you do something about the parts with a smaller font in the rules section? It disrupts the text and makes it harder to read…

Alright, I have taken care of that.

Because opinions should also be welcome I'm going to place a few suggestions.

• Past Winners should have a separate spoiler to showcase their winnings on the first post.

That should be simple and easy to do. Heck, we only have 2 winners to date (Zextra x2 and Therrion). I should add Tournament winners (AixDivadis) too, and make the distinction.

• A possible branch off could be a separate tournament for 2v2s, then we could have a "Tag-Team Champion" this could be a once a year type thing, or one every half a year.

That may be something for next year, though I'd have to gauge activity on that one and make a full set of rules for it. In essence, a lot of time and effort is required.

• A possible award could be for someone who won the most tournaments over the year?

Maybe, not sure if I want to do that. Though, I could have a contest with season and tournament winners competing at the end of the year. That would cut short the October-December season though. And that may start next year since I haven't been consistent on tournaments.

• Possibly a themed Christmas tournament in which people must make christmas themed cards etc but works the same way as the 1v1 Tournament

People could just make that a requirement in their 1v1s if they chose too. I may toss that in on occasion, but eh.

• Maybe have it set up more tournamentesque? Pre-set the match list so people don't pick and chose their 1v1s to win more often and then we can have a "Grand Finale" match, might give more incentive for people to vote. (I would happily do the graphic for the tournament image to showcase who is facing who) we could also then give deadlines and people will forfeit if they do not complete said card in time.

No, cause that defeats the purpose of the Leaderboard. It is supposed to be inclusive, and I always allow people to participate even if they did so mid-Season. Though I may have use for a graphic, because I'm thinking about doing Power Rankings (like those in sports) or something like that.

Archived