What do you think is in the next banlist?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banning heavy is like cutting off your own right leg.

It's painful and messy, will only make things worse, you'll wish you hadn't done it a few moments afterwards.

I apologize if anyone who reads this has lost a limb, it just happened to be the first analogy I thought of. I am not making fun of what happened.

OT:

Banned:

MoulinGlaca

I would love to put Gorz here, but it's not happening.

BLS, but it won't be.

Reborn

Exodia

Countdown. (These two should, but won't happen.)

Limited

Wind-Up Magician

Dragoons

... Possibly Dark Magician of Chaos?

Semi-Limited:

Book of Moon

Tenki (Unlikely, but I can be hopeful)

Unlimited:

T.G. Striker

Spore

Duality.

That's my says. Ignoring my Fire Fist prejudice anyhow, otherwise the Chicken would have died, and died painfully.

I still think BLS should have been banned after being limited for a format.  It is just too rewarding for players who play even minimal LIGHTs and DARKs.  You saw my opinion of Skill Drain, which is my anti-thesis card.  Macro Cosmos is starting to rise in my hated territories, but not really much to warrant a spot on the list (imo at least, but Soul Drain exists and still hits the problematic decks without overdoing it, so Macro might have a good chance of being semi-limited or limited).  I want DMoC to be limited, and I could honestly see it happening, because Konami is high on tiger's blood right now.  Dragoons being limited is a good idea, as well as Magician being limited.  Konami failed at hitting HERO.dek, considering that A Hero Lives didn't do much to stop the flow of the deck.  Making Miracle Fusion semi-limited as well as semi-limiting Emergency Call might hurt HEROs pretty badly without outright killing them.  Those are probably the most desireable hits.

Guys, think about this.

Konami says the meta in the OCG is:

1. WATER

2. Machines

3. Wind-Ups

4. HEROs

5. Dark Worlds

6. Fire Fists

7. Rabbit, Inzektors, and Hieratics oin some order

Now, the OCG tends to matter more when it comes to the banlist, so let's factor that + other things they're going to want to push when it gets to the TCG like Evilswarms and Constellars.

1. They're probably going to hit Dragoons to 1. I wouldn't be shocked if they hit Moulinglacia or Sphere/Linde either.

2. Gigant to 1. If they wanna go further, they could hit the Gadgets again, I guess. Might also hit Ultimate Offering to 0 just because Gadgets exist and are a thing.

3. Magician to 0/1. If they wanna go further, they'll either hit Shark or Factory as well. These guys could very well be the Blackwings of ZeXal.

4. Stratos to 0 or a semi on Miracle Fusion seems like something I could see happening.

5. Snoww to 1/2. I doubt they'd hit the deck more than that unless they hate it for no apparent reason.

6. At most? Tenki or Chicken to 2. It's a new deck that's in 6th place. Yes, it can compete, but they don't have much reason to hit it at this time. They also wanna keep Tenki around to push Constellars, considering a combination of Tenki and Sombres pushed them up to tier.Chicken hit is just so that they "technically" hit the deck.

7.  Rabbit is fine at 2 and probably won't be hit because it's part of an outlying deck and supports Evilswarm. Inzektors might get a slight buff, but considering they believe they're good enough to compete at this time, that seems unlikely. Hieratics probably won't change in the slightest, though Convocation to 3 doesn't seem impossible.

Evilswarm and Constellar have a blind eye turned on them at this time. They're powerful decks to be sure, but Konami has yet to release them internationally and probably wants to push them before killing them off. Ophion to 1 could happen if Konami changes its mind in the next month, but that's about it.

DMoC to 1 cannot be completely written off. That said, I don't think Konami's greedy enough to release it on TOP of Judgment of Prophecy unless they pull a Silvest with it. AKA, they ban it almost as soon as it comes out, and just released it for the trolol. But, considering it would be released internationally while banned, that seems... dubious.

Feel like I forgot to cover something, but I believe that's everything.

EDIT: Oh, right, Reborn and BLS. I don't really see either of them going, but that's just me.

Note that this is all observation, not actual opinions of mine.

EDIT 2: And DAD miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight go to 0, between Inzektors and Evilswarm as a way to hit them without actually hitting them, but... eeeeeh, I doubt it.

I seriously can't tel if some of the replies in the thread are from trolls (banning Black Horn of Heaven....really?) or if some of you don't play the game in any capacity. Seriously, it wouldn't kill you to make an educated guess with decent explanations. Positing "ban Skill Drain cause I'm butthurt" doesn't speak to your intelligence at all.

OT:

I can see BLS getting hit. I love the card but now that LCYW and GLDS4 have run their course, I think Konami may return it to the dungeon. His job is done. I see Dragoons to 1 being the only hit to WATERS. Maybe Linde or Spheres to 1-2. Honestly, the Spheres would probably be better to hit than the Linde's since they combo so well with Abysspike and generally the entire archetype too well. Moulinglacia won't be touched. I'm fairly sure of that. Machines being meta blew my mind. Especially since it's Machina Gadgets and not Geargia. I guess Gigant would be the card that gets hit. Offering may finally be hit to 0. Rabbit...eh, they won't hit it. They seem to love that thing and since Rabbitswarm is a Deck it's doubly likely to miss a hit. TGU to 1 isn't unlikely. It slows down Rabbit immesnsely and honestly TGU had it coming since the release of GENF. DWs had a hit coming ages ago but it's probably be a light one. They're probably hit Snoww though they should hit Gates too (Snoww to 1, Gates to 2) in my humble opinion. Grapha needs to be hit but Konami seems to be against hitting bosses these days. They're all about the minion hits. Miracle to 2 is probably sufficient for hitting HEROs though I don't think they really need a hit. The deck is pretty tame. Tenki to 2 gives the illusion of a Fire Fist hit though they're probably fine with one less. Especially with Chicken still running around. Plus Tenki is used in Constellars, which may be the new IT deck next format. Magician to 1. Nuff, said. I think I covered everything. Oh! and of course the miscellaneous springer (the one card that NOBODY cares about to come off of the list) is probably gonna be Magical Stone Excavation. Next format is looking to be as bad as March 2012. *le sigh*

BLS deserves to die, but I'm still reserved on the decision to ban it. I mean, Konami appears to be fine with its existence.

Rabbit is currently a rogue deck in the OCG, or so Konami sees it. TGU to 1 is rather unlikely based on that. Evilswarm Bunny doesn't use TGU at all, so that just drives the point home that it's not making a showing enough to warrant another hit, though 1 does seem the optimal number for it.

Stratos to 0 makes more sense than MF to 2. Just saying. Either could happen, but Stratos is a silly card anyways.

Gates won't be hit in any way and I'm not sure how you think it would be. Hitting Snoww to 1 is more than enough to knock down a 5th place deck.

Tenki won't be hit unless Fire Fists suddenly start being absurdly good for no apparent reason. It won't be hit. And Constellars are T1 in Japan, Konami just turned a blind eye to them.

Hitting Moulinglacia makes sense in the same vein as hitting DAD makes sense. I doubt they'll hit it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Magician to 0 is optimal, but they might do 1, or do 1 and Factory/Shark to 1. See Inzektors.

I think BLS is fine, it's not that hard to kill. You're just whining because you can't be bothered to think of ways to destroy it.

There's only 1 type of deck that can fully take advantage from BLS.

You're as bad as FreelancerRaiko. If you think BLS shouldn't be banned, you know nothing about the game and shouldn't have made a Banlist thread in the first place.

[quote name="Mønkey" post="6128453" timestamp="1359065152"]I think BLS is fine, it's not that hard to kill. You're just whining because you can't be bothered to think of ways to destroy it.   There's only 1 type of deck that can fully take advantage from BLS.[/quote] Shi En is fine, I can just warning it. DAD is fine, I can use destruction jammer. Grapha is fine, we have bottomless. Red-Eyes is fine, we have gozen match. Etc.

You're as bad as FreelancerRaiko. If you think BLS shouldn't be banned, you know nothing about the game and shouldn't have made a Banlist thread in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

"Oh no, its like I can't activate warming, judgment, bottomless, torrential tribute, OR ANY OTHER TRAP CAN DO THOSE THINGS."

Hell, mirror force? COME ON, It's not that hard.

Dark hole...

Any card effect can destroy monsters...

You're not that good, are you?

"Oh no, its like I can't activate warming, judgment, bottomless, torrential tribute, OR ANY OTHER TRAP CAN DO THOSE THINGS."

Dark hole...

Being able to counter a card doesn't make said card balanced.

Ok. you can destroy it. That's a fact.

What about the top-decking it to wipe out two cards your opponent has before it can get destroyed?

What about it banishing a monster that can run over it?

You can't justify a card being on or off the banlist because it has counters. Doing so means we can have Fishborg back because D.D. crow exists Or a million other examples.

BLS, as a card is broken, and is relatively one of the more broken ones. It should be banned, but it probably won't be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

Dark hole...

lolwut

Did you just use it's the counterable argument? It's a totally broken card. I can stop Yata-Garasu. I can stop Chaos Emperor Dragon. Totally balanced, right?

No, BLS is completely broken. It's a topdeck that gives away games that otherwise could have been won. Konami telling you how to stop it shows how MUCH of an impact it has.

Dear God, I didn't think people were this bad at the game.

4101011+_fa11e4701ecc5195f5d9faf6cc16d9b

You want me to lise all the ways to stop this card?

I'll do it.

Archived