What do you think is in the next banlist?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Book was limited for being an all around swiss army knife (inb4seven tools) and a Gladiator playtoy. It still serves that purpose. I doubt it'll come back.

Yes, it does, but it doesn't hurt as much as it used to, considering we can get busted fields from 2-3 cards much more often, and would serve as a slow down button more than a game ender.

Yes, it does, but it doesn't hurt as much as it used to, considering we can get busted fields from 2-3 cards much more often, and would serve as a slow down button more than a game ender.

Book was never a game ender though ._.

It was always a slowdown button and it's still a slowdown button. Warning, Judgment, Torrential, Mirror Force and other stuff exist as less generic slowdown buttons why do we need book?

*sigh*

I wish there was a way to lock this, nobody really cares about this banlist, we only focus on one card at a time.

Times like this I wish I cared about other YGO forums.

I would like to say I don't like this format, but instead, I'll rather say, I just overall don't like this level of powercreep, so I have been limiting myself to casual play, alternate custom formats, and such. With that said, I don't think I even have the right to comment on the list anymore, as I am biased by the creep.

Oh, and you CAN lock your own threat if you go buy the lock at the site's shop..... or you could ask a mod.

It's still January, even just 1 month is too early for it. I'd give it one more week before assumptions could start taking place once entered February, another for fake lists to appear, and another for official announcements, barely before the date.

Also, it's almost an unanimous opinion, what the targets should be from what decks....

Book was never a game ender though ._.

It was always a slowdown button and it's still a slowdown button. Warning, Judgment, Torrential, Mirror Force and other stuff exist as less generic slowdown buttons why do we need book?

Book doesn't destroy the card, it just makes it susceptible to destruction and keeps it from activating its effect/being used for a Synchro/Xyz. And I wasn't saying it was a game ender, though it used to be that a single monster not getting use was devastating. I guess it could also be seen as an anti-comeback card as well, so maybe they wouldn't.

Oh, right, forgot to mention-

I hope Konami's going to ban Judgment of the Spellbooks of Prophecy in this format. Wouldnt be the first time they killed a card off stupidly fast, and the TCG could wait to ban it until later, ala Trishula.

I'm not going to bank on it in any way, but that's much better than just printing it and letting it run free.

I hope Konami's going to ban Judgment of the Spellbooks of Prophecy in this format. Wouldnt be the first time they killed a card off stupidly fast, and the TCG could wait to ban it until later, ala Trishula.

I'm not going to bank on it in any way, but that's much better than just printing it and letting it run free.

A limit maybe. They wouldn't outright ban it before seeing how it performs first, and will emergency hit it if necessary.

*sigh*

I wish there was a way to lock this, nobody really cares about this banlist, we only focus on one card at a time.

Times like this I wish I cared about other YGO forums.

That's the REAL point of banlist threads in my eyes. People always try to make them like "look at the list as a whole!", but in reality, you must understand why each card on the list warrants a ban/limit/semi/unban. And most people can't be bothered to comment on EVERY card on a proposed or official banlist, especially if the reasoning behind it is self-explanatory, but they can discuss the merits of banning specific problem cards particularly if some people disagree.

This topic in places reminds me heavily of a certain Shi En topic involving Shard.

Destiny HERO Airblade

DARK / Level 4

[ Warrior / Effect ]

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Destiny HERO Airblade". Once per turn: You can discard 1 card to target 1 banished "HERO" monster; add that target to your hand.

ATK / 1400 DEF / 100

Shut up, I make good decisions.

Well, we just have to wait and see what impact Judgment has on the meta.  If it proves to me malignant to the format, then a hit will be required.  However, if it proves to be benign, then it sticks around at 3.  Besides, good Prophecy decks should only play 1 Judgment, because higher numbers can easily clog and ruin the Judgment combo (Plus, it is highly searchable and recyclable).

What I think will happen:

Stratos will stay at 1, there are many tier 1 decks that have better searchers (and cards with better effs) than Stratos with the similar "When this card is NS/SS'd condition".

If you think the normal e-hero deck is broken, there's always the absolute zero - masked hero acid combo

BLS will not be banned lol(still at 1 tho), it's the god and heart and soul of any chaos deck out there (1 is totally fine to me). DAD has a more powerful eff IMO, and is more or less easier to summon.

I could see Wind up-Magician and Atum being semi-limited.

Grapha will stay at 3.

If Rescue Rabbit was abused more it might be put to a 1, but not banned.

By the way, everyone should stop being butthurt at the cards that is nowhere as broken as it seems, k? (*ehem* BLS haters- which is far too many)

What I think will happen:

Stratos will stay at 1, there are many tier 1 decks that have better searchers (and cards with better effs) than Stratos with the similar "When this card is NS/SS'd condition".

If you think the normal e-hero deck is broken, there's always the absolute zero - masked hero acid combo

BLS will not be banned lol(still at 1 tho), it's the god and heart and soul of any chaos deck out there (1 is totally fine to me). DAD has a more powerful eff IMO, and is more or less easier to summon.

I could see Wind up-Magician and Atum being semi-limited.

Grapha will stay at 3.

If Rescue Rabbit was abused more it might be put to a 1, but not banned.

By the way, everyone should stop being butthurt at the cards that is nowhere as broken as it seems, k? (*ehem* BLS haters- which is far too many)

BLS is very broken. There have been numerous arguments in this particular thread stating that BLS is very broken. I even run a Chaos Deck and I think BLS should be banned. Stop being biased.

Also, Magician needs to go to 0. No more, no less. Atum can slip by on 1.

>BLS is not broken but DAD is

gg I lost it

Tell me where the broken-ness doesn't come into play.

BLS

1. Easy to Summon

2. Stronger than almost everything

3. Double attack or banish no fuel required

DAD

1. Easy to Summon

2. Stronger than almost everything

3. Continuous destruction dependent on fuel

About the same monster, yet BLS obviously does 1 and 2 better (3 could be argued).

there is more to argue on why bls is better than those 3 points. for example, light support (read: honest) is better for bls than dark support is for dad. dad can be easily negated by stardust and other destruction stopping cards. bls cant. the double attack bls can do isnt dependent on your opponent controlling another monster, which on a 3000 body is awful. not to say that dad is a weak card by any means. but bls is better and shouldnt have been unbanned.

I didn't say BLS wasn't broken, it's just not as broken as DAD as far as i'm concerned. BLS has a sacky effect that could be a game-changer late game and easily destroyed(by card effects) early-mid game. DAD, however, can potentially nuke your field. Also i'm not biased towards any of those cards i'm just being realistic

wow

I didn't say BLS wasn't broken, it's just not as broken as DAD as far as i'm concerned. BLS has a sacky effect that could be a game-changer late game and easily destroyed(by card effects) early-mid game. DAD, however, can potentially nuke your field. Also i'm not biased towards any of those cards i'm just being realistic

wow

This logic made me shudder...

BLS is easier to summon becuase it is far more splashable. You can't argue counters to them becuase that's justifying every broken card in the game existing.

The facts:

Upon summoning, DAD can destroy 3 cards on the field. It is a 2800 beater on top of that. However, it requires a specific amount of cards in the grave, making it normally dead late game.

BLS: Much easier to summon due to it's summoning conditions might as well being non existent. It can either Banish virtually any attacker that could run over it, benifit from the superior Light support, such as Honest, it it comes swinging into battle with up to 2 3000 attacks. It is a god-deck late game, that 90% of it's users admit is broken. So it can run over DAD if it came to it.

You say we shouldn't be biased against it. Then stop being baised towards it please and see that it is a much worse threat than DAD. In an ideal world neither of them should exist. That is being realistic to the two cards.

How-it-Feels-to-Disagree.jpg

As for the banlist... 

I can see Rabbit going to one. I hope it doesn't, as I'd have to figure out some other way to play my Bahamut Burn deck. And I'm feeling lazy. But eh, I'd like to finally see the end of Dino Rabbit. Similarly, I can see Tour Guide going to one. And same reasons as rabbit. However, I'm not sure they'll get hit, to promote Inverz when they come out.

I don't know how Water plays, I've not had the pleasure of playing them yet, to be honest. No one at either of my locals uses them. So I don't know how to fairly nerf them, but leave them playable. 

I can see them putting both magician and shark to 2, I can see them putting magician at 0 or 1, and the same with shark. I don't really know what they're going to do here. They could hit them to oblivion, or they might leave them relatively untouched. I think they've had their time under the sun though. I love playing the deck, but they're too good. I'd like to see Magician to one. I've seen people who want the following - Magician, Shark, Rat, Rabbit, Zenmaity, and Factory to 0. 

One thing that I personally dislike is JD. Note, this is personal dislike/butthurt, whatever you want to call it. I've lost to JD too many times to count. It's not gonna get hurt. If anything, I've heard people talking about how LS are going to make a comeback.

Let's see, what else... I've heard people complaining about fire fists, but the most ridiculous thing I've heard is people talking about is that no cards are forbidden, and all forbidden cards are treated as limited. Basically, advanced format becomes traditional format.

[quote]I don't know how Water plays, I've not had the pleasure of playing them yet, to be honest. No one at either of my locals uses them. So I don't know how to fairly nerf them, but leave them playable. [/quote]

No one plays Mermanteans IRL because it's a $1,000 Deck. At the very least.

[quote]I can see them putting both magician and shark to 2, I can see them putting magician at 0 or 1, and the same with shark. I don't really know what they're going to do here. They could hit them to oblivion, or they might leave them relatively untouched. I think they've had their time under the sun though. I love playing the deck, but they're too good. I'd like to see Magician to one. I've seen people who want the following - Magician, Shark, Rat, Rabbit, Zenmaity, and Factory to 0. [/quote]

Factory to 1, Magician to 0, Leave Shark Alone. There's nothing wrong with Shark. Factory is like Black Whirlwind, except much more abusable.

[quote]One thing that I personally dislike is JD. Note, this is personal dislike/butthurt, whatever you want to call it. I've lost to JD too many times to count. It's not gonna get hurt. If anything, I've heard people talking about how LS are going to make a comeback.[/quote]

lol Lightsworns making a comeback.

[quote]Let's see, what else... I've heard people complaining about fire fists, but the most ridiculous thing I've heard is people talking about is that no cards are forbidden, and all forbidden cards are treated as limited. Basically, advanced format becomes traditional format.[/quote]

That's terrible logic, but people have been saying Tenki should be banned.

This logic made me shudder...

BLS is easier to summon becuase it is far more splashable. You can't argue counters to them becuase that's justifying every broken card in the game existing.

The facts:

Upon summoning, DAD can destroy 3 cards on the field. It is a 2800 beater on top of that. However, it requires a specific amount of cards in the grave, making it normally dead late game.

BLS: Much easier to summon due to it's summoning conditions might as well being non existent. It can either Banish virtually any attacker that could run over it, benifit from the superior Light support, such as Honest, it it comes swinging into battle with up to 2 3000 attacks. It is a god-deck late game, that 90% of it's users admit is broken. So it can run over DAD if it came to it.

You say we shouldn't be biased against it. Then stop being baised towards it please and see that it is a much worse threat than DAD. In an ideal world neither of them should exist. That is being realistic to the two cards.

Again, I wasn't arguing whether or not the two cards were or weren't broken; by no means was I justifying any broken card whatsoever. I was comparing which of the two was more broken, and I think it's DAD. I may as well be biased, but I promise i'm not. ll I have used both before, and DAD is the one that makes OTK's, not BLS. Since we're comparing pros and cons, well you're right, BLS is easier to summon, but considering destruction power DAD has way more potential than BLS. Sure you can attack twice with BLS, but why need to attack twice when you can push for game when your opponent has no damn monsters in his monster card zones(assuming you destroyed 3 of them with DAD)?

I don't care about whether or not they get banned, that's all up to Konami--personally I have my own list of cards that I think needs to be banned/limited. For one I think Rescue Rabbit should be down to 1 or banned. I think both BLS and DAD should stay at 1, or be banned. What is and isn't broken is based mostly on opinion and the amount of wins they had with any of those broken cards. There are several other cards that are broken just like BLS/DAD but aren't banned/semi-limited at the least.

anyway we're way off-topic lol, we're supposed to be talking about what Konami is potentially going to ban, not what you think should be banned.

Archived