March 2013 Format Discussion Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that banlist season is basically over, I've changed this into a format discussion thread. We've been using it as such a bit, anyways, so why not?

Anyways, I wanna hear thoughts on the new format, what cards are better/worse, and so on, so have at it.

Big decks that will exist in this format seem to be Fire Fists, Incarnate Dragons, Constellar, Evilswarm, Merlanteans, and Prophecy, iirc, though not necessarily all of them are Tier 1. Don't write Wind-Ups out, either, and Dino Rabbit will live as long as Rabbit does.

Given that banlist season is basically over, I've changed this into a format discussion thread. We've been using it as such a bit, anyways, so why not?

Anyways, I wanna hear thoughts on the new format, what cards are better/worse, and so on, so have at it.

Big decks that will exist in this format seem to be Fire Fists, Incarnate Dragons, Constellar, Evilswarm, Merlanteans, and Prophecy, iirc, though not necessarily all of them are Tier 1. Don't write Wind-Ups out, either, and Dino Rabbit will live as long as Rabbit does.

I'm just going to say I really hate this format. Just... So many issues with it, as far as my opinion is concerned.

Can anyone think up of a rough Tier List for the start of March 2013?

You can include everything on DN (evilswarms, planes, incarnation dragons, etc..)

incarnate Dragons, Evilswarm, Merlanteans, and Prophecy seem bigger than Fire Fists and Constellar, but I'm not sure on Fists because Panther and Burner are things.

Fire fists will be tier after the next pack.

I mean, they've already top 2'd a YCS.

Let me try to work it a lil like konami does.

The best decks will be Dragons, Merlanteans, Fire Fists (post-Tachyon) and MAYBE Prophecies, but I'm still feeling like they stay where they've been but just get a Future Fusion of sorts.

The best counter to those decks will be Evilswarm and, honestly, imo HEROs could make a splash this format with the Wind-Up loop out of the picture (though Dragons may just replace that...). Also, their Fire Fist matchup is INSANE 

I'd say that Rabbit, Constellars, Geargia, and Wind-Ups hang out in the "Also Here" category

Constellar's a counter matchup as well, seeing as it's neutral to Merlanteans and Incarnate Dragons, positive against Evilswarm and Fire Fists (At least Pre-Burner), and only really loses to Prophecies.

Evilswarm could be the best deck simply because they only lose to Fire Fists, which can now run Blaster efficiently in addition to before, and Constellars, whose big problem is that it's absurdly consistent overall in what it does.

Evilswarm laugh at Prophecy, Merlanteans, and Dragons, which are 3 other top decks. I think Prophecies WILL do well once they get Judgment, simply because it puts the game on a clock and gives you everything you want in the process. It's like FuFu and Rekindling had a baby that was searchable.

Good idea.

EDIT: Okay, sorry for expressing my opinion.

Where do you think Agents will fall next format? My guess is tier 2 because Verz are going to be so popular.

Well they're a hand power deck in a format of hand power decks. Also Verz are gonna smash their faces in.

Looking at Shriek's unofficial tournament standings, Prophecies are destroying, though that doesn't really come as a surprise. Everyone seems to have been maindecking Droll and Lock Bird, or at least siding 3. Mind Crush is another card in there, too.

I'm just gonna side Card Destruction. Fuck your shit, I'm just gonna make you deck out.

Also Dark Worlds are still a deck that could man up against Prophecy with EEV. Of course, they still have the same problem they've always had.

Archived