RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superpower fic?

Uh, that is kind of what I'm doing with Struggle of Powers . . . so it is, I can assure you, VERY complicated too do.

Like a crossover between Pokemon and Yugioh? Seems complicated.

That is and I cannot figure out a single point the two have in common unless it's just "both have monsters herp derp"

I would suggest a Pirates of the Caribbean / One Peace crossover because I think it'd be funny to have CAPTAIN Jack have devil fruit powers . . .

Judge Frollo
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Prefer fantasy, but meh. If it catches my attention I'll look at it.
Preferred Character Type: Stereotypes are for the people who are new to RP'ing. Characters shouldn't be so easy to summarize.
Skills: I'm that guy who just points out flaws with shit. If something doesn't make sense, I'll call someone out on it.

Usually with extreme logic.

Oh and I do RP shit but meh. I stopped RP'ing a while back when all the good RP'ers stopped.

I'm planning on making an RP with hidden information, at least when it comes with the player's powers.  Basically, players will be constantly be getting new abilities (and throwing away old ones), and the RPer has to option to hide what those abilities do until needed.

Anyone have experience being in/hosting an RP like that?

I'm planning on making an RP with hidden information, at least when it comes with the player's powers.  Basically, players will be constantly be getting new abilities (and throwing away old ones), and the RPer has to option to hide what those abilities do until needed.

Anyone have experience being in/hosting an RP like that?

*raises hand*

So... I'm going to try to make an RP again.  Throwing alot of energy into this one, so I want to make sure this gets off the ground.  I've gotten an introduction written up, but I want to make sure everything makes sense, since, well... it's a little more complicated that what I am used to.  So before I go opening the RP for application, I want to run this by you guys.  Well, besides the application.  That's just going to be a basic application with a field for the starting fragment. Thanks in advance.

[spoiler="The Voice of Heaven"]
The town of Anaberg has been booming recently.  New developments are being built.  Businesses are moving in.  And in the center of it all is what are being called the "Anaberg Ruins," ancient buried ruins discovered just along the outskirts of the city.  For ancient buried ruins, they were well built and strangely well-preserved, allowing the city to turn the first few rooms of the ruins as a museum of sorts, leading to the boom we have today.

The only problem, well if it is a problem, is that nobody knows what the ruins were for.  Symbols were found carved all over the building, and while it is obvious that is a language of sorts, it is not any language known by anyone in modern times.  A few small crystals were found in containers as well, although they are made of an unknown material.  Its fascinating, and since the ruins run deep, new discoveries are always being made.  Historians predict that they may be able to figure out something within the next few years.

Perhaps you've lived in Anaberg since you were young, and was there when the whole 'Ruin Fever' began.  Perhaps you are an archaeologist or other researcher there to examine the ruins.  Maybe a tourist on vacation, or an entrepreneur looking to capitalize on the boom.  For whatever reason, you find yourself in Anaberg, knowing nothing about what will happen to you next...

[spoiler="You must climb... (Plot)"]

Welcome to "The Voice of Heaven" RP!  Let me spoil a little about what will happen:  You will find yourself transported into a strange, hostile world where the goal is to climb a tower to its peak.  Fortunately, you will have special abilities you can use called 'Fragments', stored in small crystals you will find along the way.  As you climb, your goal will be to collect as many fragments as you can, but you can gain more powerful abilities by combining fragments, so you can gain even more power... it'll just slow down your progress.

You won't spend all your time in the otherworld, of course.  You'll be sent between the real world and the otherworld during the course of the story, and there will be problems in the real world to solve.  Perhaps your abilities from the otherworld could help.  You will even be able to learn how to read the unreadable text from the ruins; it may contain useful information that you can use in the otherworld.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="100 points must be gathered... (Fragment Abilities)"]
To use fragments, you must speak in the 'Voice of Heaven', an ability you gain once you enter the otherworld.  The Voice of Heaven is strange, all who hear it hear it in their native language; whichever one they are most comfortable with.  Invoking a fragment by calling its name using the Voice allows you to use its ability.  Simple, right?  There are just two things to note.

First, only you know what fragments you have.  Outside of your starting fragment, which everyone in the group will know, any fragments your character gains will be PMed to you; their abilities will be only known to the others once your character actually invokes them.

Second, each Fragment has three stats: Point Value, Rank, and Exhaustion.  Point Value is self explanatory; its how much the fragment is worth towards the goal.  Exhaustion is a percentage value of how much the fragment tires you out.  The value given is for when the Fragment is used at full power; many fragments don't need to be used at full power to be effective; some can *only* be used at full power.  Finally, Rank will come into play when fusing fragments.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="...sacrifice fragments to gain new powers. (Fragment Fusing)"]
By combining two fragments, one can gain a new, more powerful fragment.  By PMing me two fragments you own, a 'Core' fragment and a 'Sacrificed' fragment, you will lose those two fragments, and get a new fragment based on the ones given up.  The mechanics are obviously not known, but one can experiment...
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="...in order to invoke the power... (Rules)"]
1) Advance clause is in effect (isn't it always in effect?)
2) Whenever you speak in the Voice of Heaven, whether you're invoking or not, the text must be blue.
3) The host's word is final. Whatever I say happens happened.
4) There will be penalties if you try to use abilities that you do not have. Keep up to date with your fragment list.
5) Your character will be controlled to keep the story moving if you are inactive. Please be active, or give notice if you cannot.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Beta readers...? Oh! Oh! Um, how do I say this...? There's this fanfic I wrote (not really, more of an adaption) called Magia Revolution, on the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Well, it's pretty long, with seventeen chapters at the moment and four more to go, alongside the fact that I haven't finished fixing my own mistake of writing in present tense, but I really need somebody to read it and see how good it is so far. I don't want to end up submitting a piece of incomprehensible babbling to the creator of the Magia series.

If somebody could take the time (might take a while since it's over 200 pages) to read it and give a detailed, honest review, I'd be really grateful. Would probably even give you 2000-3000 points. Please, anyone? ._.

In other news, I'll be making YCM's very first Choose Your Own Adventure soon~ Maybe tomorrow or the day after.

I already discussed this a little in the Story Planning section, and it's going to be connected to the Legend series. I think I'll call it [b]Legend Dark[/b]. Technically, it's about a dark elf who suddenly finds him/herself (haven't decided on gender yet) out of time, in the middle of a war between strange beings called 'humans' and 'vampires' (though centuries before the RPs began).

As he explores this new world and tries to cope with it, at the end of each chapter he will have to make a choice. People will participate and vote on their choice, and the winning vote decides the actions of the character in the next chapter. It's pretty simple. All it needs is attention. I don't think it'll be too hard to juggle Legend Dark and Legend Moon around, as I have a lot of free time in the coming months.

Beta readers...? Oh! Oh! Um, how do I say this...? There's this fanfic I wrote (not really, more of an adaption) called Magia Revolution, on the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Well, it's pretty long, with seventeen chapters at the moment and four more to go, alongside the fact that I haven't finished fixing my own mistake of writing in present tense, but I really need somebody to read it and see how good it is so far. I don't want to end up submitting a piece of incomprehensible babbling to the creator of the Magia series.

If somebody could take the time (might take a while since it's over 200 pages) to read it and give a detailed, honest review, I'd be really grateful. Would probably even give you 2000-3000 points. Please, anyone? ._.

Sure, I've watched the anime, so I'll be able to understand it.

• 3 weeks later...

Skills: Well, I can tell you if you're breaking the section rules or not. P:

So Rinne, would a RPing Contest be allowed? As in, people choose who was the best RPer in an RP and they get a prize?

Continuing on with Arthuria, rather than just have ListenToLife world-build, what races would you guys want to see?

So Rinne, would a RPing Contest be allowed? As in, people choose who was the best RPer in an RP and they get a prize?

Continuing on with Arthuria, rather than just have ListenToLife world-build, what races would you guys want to see?

Should be fine. Would you host it as a mini-RP, e.g. people post in an IC thread for a limited timespan and people judge based off of the posts on that.

This is probably the forum I've participated in that has the most name changes, haha.

Anyway, as for races, I'd like to see something non-humanlike.  Maybe 1-2 races that are intelligent, but aren't running the whole bipedal arms + legs thing that humanlike races have.

Besides that, maybe a race that pretty much eats whatever fuels magic. (like humans, can't eat too much without getting sick, etc.)

Archived