RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

1. Just thinking... Shingeki no Kyojin-esque RP? Not in the same world, because we don't know enough about it yet (at least those of us who follow the anime don't), but we could have a similar world.

2. Tie in with above?

3. I do love VRMMORPGs, though I'd like one where it's actually possible to log out because it'd be cool to see the characters interact both online and in the real world.

When I referred to an already existing thing, I just meant the idea of it. Like survival, with Shingeki or HOTD for an example. Not actually a HOTD or Shingeki RP. Or like a digital world, like what SAO or Tron did, not an actual SAO/Tron RP. And what's number 2 saying?

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I referred to an already existing thing, I just meant the idea of it. Like survival, with Shingeki or HOTD for an example. Not actually a HOTD or Shingeki RP. Or like a digital world, like what SAO or Tron did, not an actual SAO/Tron RP. And what's number 2 saying?

I meant as in tie in with number 1.

Well, the thing is, Shingeki no Kyojin has plenty of hype so that people will be enthusiastic about it.

I deleted my vote, but it won't let me revote

It thinks there are still some other questions to vote on (although there are only one question here).

I chose the wormhole to create a secret trade route.  Nothing like going into the unknown for the potential payoff.

So, here's my idea (only part of it will be revealed atm).

The Cluster is composed of thousands of galaxies. By an astronomical breakthrough, humans have finally created an advanced piece of wormhole technology that allows transportation into any nearby galaxy. It's the year 2102, and Earth has finally created new homes to prevent hyperpopulation (it's similar to hyperinflation, but is the opposite of it as well, as it means to have one species dominating all natural resources and causing other species to die out). These galaxies were lucky to have uninhabited planets that fit the same qualities that Earth itself has. But not all is as it seems.

Anyone interested so far? I can keep going if you want.

So, here's my idea (only part of it will be revealed atm).

The Cluster is composed of thousands of galaxies. By an astronomical breakthrough, humans have finally created an advanced piece of wormhole technology that allows transportation into any nearby galaxy. It's the year 2102, and Earth has finally created new homes to prevent hyperpopulation (it's similar to hyperinflation, but is the opposite of it as well, as it means to have one species dominating all natural resources and causing other species to die out). These galaxies were lucky to have uninhabited planets that fit the same qualities that Earth itself has. But not all is as it seems.

Anyone interested so far? I can keep going if you want.

Added to poll.

It'd be more convenient to have everyone on one ship, unless there are multiple sides for one reason or another. Anyway, I got Skype, so I suppose it's more convenient on there.

Skype name's AixDivadis

I have a few ideas I voiced in the RP Planning thread.

1. Seven magic aristocratic families stand up to an oncoming threat that will literally harness magic for evil uses.
2. An Earth in a very distant future, after humans have left. On this Earth, sentient beings that have derived from mankind's experiments, discoveries or they just evolved, rose to set up civilisations. Now they must stand up against the Neo-humans, who are attempting to reclaim the planet and anhilliating every sentient being on it.

And I also intended for an RP based on Date A Live but all Spirits had to be female. That crossed my mind too when I was thinking of an Infinite Stratos RP.

I was thinking of an RP that takes place in the Raildexverse, but I need a lot more knowledge.

I like survival RPs.

But if we're honestly going to do a Space Opera RP, well then, I'd go with the first idea.

1. Search for Gods' creation tool sounds mystical. Special.

2. It has the potential to make ordinary things seem especially harmonic and beautiful, moreso than in our own world. In a galaxy where the majority of planets are made of gases, magma, and rock, can you imagine the reaction of a space traveler who sees a painting of a plant? Can you imagine their sad expression? Can you imagine how HAPPY they'd be to finally discover a true paradise of nature?! It's not so much a search for plants as it is a search for....Eden. I just love this Space Opera concept. As for the others...

3. Idea 2 is cliche. No comment.

4. Idea 3 sounds like something only a politician would like. There's no story. It's like Minecraft, but without the challenge. Without the story. Where's the love y'all? Where's the challenge y'all? We all gotta outbest each other in finance and securing resources? Seriously?

Gendo Ikari
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Science Fiction, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Digimon, and other anime
Preferred Character Type: Any type of character works for me.
Skills: World-Building and Background Creation

As for a Space Opera, I had an idea a while back involving the crew of a starship crashing on a Dyson Sphere, and having to repair their craft while also surviving the local inhabitants and hazards.

4. Idea 3 sounds like something only a politician would like. There's no story. It's like Minecraft, but without the challenge. Without the story. Where's the love y'all? Where's the challenge y'all? We all gotta outbest each other in finance and securing resources? Seriously?

Oh, it was supposed to be an expedition to the unknown, anything can happen. Maybe you can sabotage the entire operation, kill people off, there will be spies, there will be people out to take you out and etc. Note that it is a plutocratic society, meaning that money can get you anything in such a world.

Anyway, I removed the poll... shit I forgot to copy the stuff down, but the top three were about the superior race, the expedition for money and God's Creation Tool.

Notes about each one:

Superior race: So the point of this one is that there will be people opposed to and not opposed to freeing the race, there will be idealists who believe that they will be able to bargain with the Superior Race, and there will be people who want power for themselves. As for the last, it may not be simply that you're character wants power, because most people dislike playing unlikeable characters like that, just an idea, but maybe someone close to you could hope for it...

Expedition: Plutocratic world, meaning that money can fulfil just about any motivation, plenty of freedom about that. Really pretty much an expedition into the unknown with the added bit about maybe needing a LOT of money and thus requiring the entire fortune that the expedition may bring, thus backstabbing others...

God's Creation: Who knows what other things you could do with God's Tool?

Oh, it was supposed to be an expedition to the unknown, anything can happen. Maybe you can sabotage the entire operation, kill people off, there will be spies, there will be people out to take you out and etc. Note that it is a plutocratic society, meaning that money can get you anything in such a world.

Expedition: Plutocratic world, meaning that money can fulfil just about any motivation, plenty of freedom about that. Really pretty much an expedition into the unknown with the added bit about maybe needing a LOT of money and thus requiring the entire fortune that the expedition may bring, thus backstabbing others...

Exactly. This sounds extremely boring and tedious, to my ears anyway. If it's not God's Creation, then it's Superior Race, but Expedition is something I definitely disapprove of.

As for God's Creation, it's more of a symbolic thing. A thing of beauty.

Well I'm certainly glad you feel that way about my idea...gives me the warm fuzzies and whatnot ^-^

The concepts I have so far for the various alien races are abit cliche'd but I'm sure you all can work out something in the way of "fresh and exciting" for the barebones ideas.

Saredians

Hyper intelligent and logically inclined with a much longer lifespan than humans. Long, slender, grey bodies with abnormally huge eyes and an elongated head to house two brains that allow them to focus and weigh multiple sides to an argument equally. The quintessential "evolved for intelligence" alien.

Gamorron

Big and stocky aliens with rough, scaly, plate armor all over their bodies. They're ugly as hell and love to fight to prove who's in charge. A warrior race at heart with the ability to curl their body into an armored ball to avoid damage. (sort of like the Krogan meet the Gorons)

Rhizaren

Winged, scaled, and horned humanoids with many other serpent-like qualities. They can regenerate lost limbs like a lizard and have a powerful acidic agent in their saliva that they can use as a weapon.

Ssssssjustwhatihavesofar...

Insomnia acting up again and mah brains aren't doing what i tell them to

I'm on a bit of a TRON bender right now, and I want a Yu-Gi-Oh! or a Digimon RP involving some sort of neon city, shrouded in darkness, but illuminated by itself.
However, I am dead-ending there. Anyone want to brainstorm with me?

I can find it interesting to do.
Anyway, i have this idea that might need some reviewing, so here it is:

[spoiler='Glyph- The Mark of the Soul']

PLOT:
In 2012 instead of the popular belief that the world would end, it didn't but the earth was hit by intergalatic energy winds, most of people didn't had anything diferent about them because of that, but there were some people in the world which developed the "Soul Marks", powers which were connected to what was most important to those people or to what they wanted or considered as apart of them. These Marks, or Glyphs had theyr own side effects. Most fo the people which possesed the Glyphs were destroyed by not beeing able to control them, but those who could were able to live theyr lives normaly, but the Marks powers could be activated whenever was needed, or in some cases when wanted. The current time is 2027, it is estimated that at least 30% of the human race have the Glyphs and are able to use it.

Glyph Guide:

Glyphs can be classified into 3 diferent types:

Type A Mark:
Sourrounding Manipulation
    - Creates the object or beeing by manipulationg the sourounding elements. They can last os long as they have managed to.
       Example:
             -Sword made out of air particles, one will exist until it is broken or another one is made.
             -Wolf made out of water drops, one will exist as long ias it is not killed or another one is not created.

Type B Mark:
Energy Creation
     -Creates Object or Beeing by generating energy, can only last for a limited time.
      Example:
          -Spear made out of energy, will exist as long as the blow can be delivered
          -Energy Gun: Bulletsts are made out of energy and shooted by the person's body, the limit of shoots is acording to the number of bullets made out.

Type C Mark:
Self Manipulation
       -Object is created by manipulating own body.
       Example:
            -Scythe made out of the person's arm, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.
            -Bat wings made out from the person's arms, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.

Possible Mark Types Combinations(from most commom to the rarest):

A
B
C

A-C
B-C
A-B

A-B-C (<-- most likely not happening cause it's quite a bit OP)
[/spoiler]

Archived