RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

Chaos Sonic (May also call me CS, Sonic, or whatever you want)
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Currently been taking interest in Anime based RPs, thanks to Kyng and Blu
Preferred Character Type: I've gone through many of character types. Mostly hero types (when Im the host of the RP) to even the shy guy in the corner. I usually have more than one specific type.
[spoiler=Skills:]
Story development: I have come up with great story ideas for different parts of RPs, even creating a nice plot line when I can.
Theme Music/BGM: Kyng has often called me "Mr. Music", as I have the uncanny ability to find great music to fit any mood in the RP (being them Anime, Games, or even actual instrumental music).
RP Experience: I've been RPing on YCM for a long bit of time and thanks to members (such as Kyng, Jake the Sage, Aisu to name a few), my skills in RPs have gotten exceedingly better than they were when I first started.
[/spoiler]

Just a favor, do you think you can find Theme Music for my most recent RP? (found in sig)

Wanna join as well?

So really, what should be do as a club? We have one of the largest member bases, but we haven't done a thing so far...

What things do you guys think can be done as a club?

In what ways would it be possible to support each other as a club?

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So really, what should be do as a club? We have one of the largest member bases, but we haven't done a thing so far...

What things do you guys think can be done as a club?

In what ways would it be possible to support each other as a club?

We should begin work on a project. We can collectively decide on a basic setting and then hammer out details either individually or as a group. We'll develop it from the ground up, promote it, and then keep it going once it starts. But this can't be a "monkey and typewriters" type of endevour so everyone focus on your strengths. We've got a big member base so we should have more than enough people pitching in with their strong suits.

While original RP's are my preference, we COULD end up doing an RP based off of something. Or end up helping Jake get his idea lifted off.

Any of these three is okay with me and the club will have my full support.

It would also be a huge plus for us to share contact info. My skype is on my user page, If I fail to post or show up for a few days then contact me by all means. I would hold you all accountable so I expect to be held accountable for showing up myself.

I don't actually have Skype, but I suppose I could get it.

Original RP would have to be the best idea because it would be hard/impossible to find something everyone is familiar and enthusiastic about. 

If Jake doesn't mind, we could use his world, but, perhaps as a group, we'd like to all contribute to a setting rather than have something made by something else. I have some random plot ideas that could fit what I gleam from his world.

1. A secret trade route to perhaps some mystical place which is plentiful in some rare mineral, found by some random guy and he is hiring people to come help him establish this route. In this setting, it would be possible for some characters to betray others and etc.

2. A plague strikes the land and there is a saviour who can cure people... under the condition that they swear this oath in some lost language and convert to his religion.

Anyway, lemme make a poll.

It is the year 5047 PE (Post Earth) the planet became uninhabitable after enough time and humans left, searching for a new life, they found Titan, Titan is a collection of worlds on the outermost rim of the Milky Way where the sentient races of the galaxy wandered when their respective worlds died. They seek a way to return life to a dead world and think it can be found in the form of an ancient device that the Gods used to first create the universe. Codenamed the Genesis Reactor a multitude of factions set their sights upon a relic old as creation itself, he who claims the Genesis Reactor could reshape the universe, either giving life back or destroying all who opposed him. You step into the role of an explorer (either human or some alien race) seeking the Genesis Reactor for his/her own reasons.

So, I thought maybe we could use my idea as a base (I'll repost it if anyone missed it). Plus, I'd like to get an RP that I came up with story-wise up and running after god-knows-how-long.

I also thought hard about this idea for well over 2 years, so it's pretty developed...somewhat. There is a lot I had plans for this RP, but there is still a lot I need help on. That includes the following:

1. Setting (primary priority atm)
2. Characters (preferably support or NPCs)
3. Plot Development
4. Villains
5. Any suggestions you guys can throw at me

If anyone asks, the RP is called Paladins of Emeralda so you know what to look out for.

So, I thought maybe we could use my idea as a base (I'll repost it if anyone missed it). Plus, I'd like to get an RP that I came up with story-wise up and running after god-knows-how-long.

I also thought hard about this idea for well over 2 years, so it's pretty developed...somewhat. There is a lot I had plans for this RP, but there is still a lot I need help on. That includes the following:

1. Setting (primary priority atm)
2. Characters (preferably support or NPCs)
3. Plot Development
4. Villains
5. Any suggestions you guys can throw at me

If anyone asks, the RP is called Paladins of Emeralda so you know what to look out for.

Drop me a PM with a story and description of the world. I'll write you up some characters.

Since you wrote the initial story you should have final say on Setting. But villains and characters I can do. And we'll see where we go from there.

Aix, your wish is my command:

Opening Option 1

Opening Option 2

Opening Option 3

Ending Option 1

Ending Option 2

Ending Option 3

Need more? I'll try and find ^^

Can you find something with drive, but not cheerful for the OP?

I've already said I have a role play with a world completely ready, plot too in fact, I just need some details to help flush it fully out if everyone is interested in assisting me.

Yes, yes, we can help, I suppose, but what we are talking about here is a group collaborative. It appears that you were outvoted.

It appears that we will likely be going with Adventure, Action and Space Opera.

Neph

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy, Survival, Suspense/Thriller-esque stuff, etc. I don't really like fandoms though, and tend to stick to originals, although some elements of my original RPs might've been based off of other things.

Preferred Character Type: I like playing a complex villain role if possible, but usually that's not allowed. Otherwise, I play a sort of 'disconnected'/mildly apathetic kind of character, but grows to become friendlier over time. However, I can play a lot of roles probably. I usually play a male role, but I can manage a female role easily enough as well. Ages? Around a teen probably. Give or take around 3-4? (Years).

Skills: Happening to think up plots people like? Characters? IDK.

EDIT: I got three ideas, but:

1. Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.

2. Would anybody support some kind of object-hunt and/or survival RP? A lot of NPC deaths, mazes, trials, monsters, etc? Like HOTD or Shingeki-esque stuff?

3. Would anybody like some kind of digital world RP, with hackers and such, and some sort of revolution? Like SAO/Tron/IDK? Maybe there's a real world, and a digital place, but the boundary between them is breaking or w/e, and they're starting to affect each other and etc? IDK.

Also, a note: I already submitted my application around on page 5 if I remember correctly, but not noticing my name in the roster list or such, I decided to revise my app and resubmit it here.

Secondly, I see a collaborative thing is going on, and I'm fine with that, but above are just some ideas that sprung up in my head. Feel free to use them.

I'd be happy doing a Post-Apocalyptic RP sure.

P.S I'm looking at getting 10 or so characters before the start of the IC thread for my Game Of Thrones RP (Co-Hosted by Kyng) http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/302153-game-of-thrones-night-of-salvation-ooc-accepting/ 

BTW don't be scared if you don't know much about Game of Thrones it has been made so you don't really need to know all too much about it.

It is going to be a good one so I can only plead for people to check it out.

Neph
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy, Survival, Suspense/Thriller-esque stuff, etc. I don't really like fandoms though, and tend to stick to originals, although some elements of my original RPs might've been based off of other things.
Preferred Character Type: I like playing a complex villain role if possible, but usually that's not allowed. Otherwise, I play a sort of 'disconnected'/mildly apathetic kind of character, but grows to become friendlier over time. However, I can play a lot of roles probably. I usually play a male role, but I can manage a female role easily enough as well. Ages? Around a teen probably. Give or take around 3-4? (Years).
Skills: Happening to think up plots people like? Characters? IDK.

Also, a note: I already submitted my application around on page 5 if I remember correctly, but not noticing my name in the roster list or such, I decided to revise my app and resubmit it here.
Secondly, I see a collaborative thing is going on, and I'm fine with that, but above are just some ideas that sprung up in my head. Feel free to use them.

Hm, I must've missed you then. Sorry.

0_o Space Opera? Could you explain what that is? I'm not so sure.

Think Star Wars and etc. Stuff that takes place deep in space.

I'd be happy doing a Post-Apocalyptic RP sure.

P.S I'm looking at getting 10 or so characters before the start of the IC thread for my Game Of Thrones RP (Co-Hosted by Kyng) http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/302153-game-of-thrones-night-of-salvation-ooc-accepting/ 

BTW don't be scared if you don't know much about Game of Thrones it has been made so you don't really need to know all too much about it.

It is going to be a good one so I can only plead for people to check it out.

Really doubt any RP can get 10 people nowadays. Game of Thrones isn't particularly a big thing here.

1. Would anybody fancy a post-apocalyptic original RP? Some kind of nuclear war, people are just starting to recover, some invasion thing by huge amounts of alien/humanoid-esque beings? IDK.

2. Would anybody support some kind of object-hunt and/or survival RP? A lot of NPC deaths, mazes, trials, monsters, etc? Like HOTD or Shingeki-esque stuff?

3. Would anybody like some kind of digital world RP, with hackers and such, and some sort of revolution? Like SAO/Tron/IDK? Maybe there's a real world, and a digital place, but the boundary between them is breaking or w/e, and they're starting to affect each other and etc? IDK.

1. Just thinking... Shingeki no Kyojin-esque RP? Not in the same world, because we don't know enough about it yet (at least those of us who follow the anime don't), but we could have a similar world.

2. Tie in with above?

3. I do love VRMMORPGs, though I'd like one where it's actually possible to log out because it'd be cool to see the characters interact both online and in the real world.

We talking Hard core sounding??

Yeah.

Something with drive? A protagonists daughter has been infected and a race for a cure is needed. It's not cheerful by any stretch but it's a drive.

I was talking about songs ^_^

Archived