RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at it again... how would combining glyph types work?

...And now I'm curious about what 'D' type was originally o.o.

Normal Glyph types:

Type A Mark:
Surrounding Manipulation
    - Creates the object or beeing by manipulationg the surounding elements. They can last os long as they have managed to.
       Example:
             -Sword made out of air particles, one will exist until it is broken or another one is made.
             -Wolf made out of water drops, one will exist as long ias it is not killed or another one is not created.

Type B Mark:
Energy Creation
     -Creates Object or Being by generating energy, can only last for a limited time.
      Example:
          -Spear made out of energy, will exist as long as the blow can be delivered
          -Energy Gun: Bullets are made out of energy and shot by the person's body, the limit of shots depends on the number of bullets made.

Type C Mark:
Self Manipulation
       -Object is created by manipulating own body.
       Example:
            -Scythe made out of the person's arm, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.
            -Bat wings made out from the person's arms, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.

Combinations(these were the original ideas, I would apreciate if you guys gave thoughts and ideas for them if you like):

AC - Surrounding and Self Manipulation

- Fuses the ability to use your sourroundings as a medium for power as well as yourself in a short radius, , however it won't be as powerfull as the pure type marks.

Ex.:

- Fuses arm with a table so it appears on the other end to grab something that's falling.

- Fuses forearm with a blade in order to block a sword strike and remains with hands free.

BC - Energy and Self Manipulation

- Makes it possible ot use yourself as energy, is extremely harmfull since it afects your body directly.

Ex.:

- Turns arms into energy for faster movement or to canalize something for a short period of time.

- Turns arms and legs into energy to canalize a thunderbolt trough own body as energy to deal a stronger blow.

BA - Surrouding and Energy Manipulation

- Consumes an element of your surroundings to add into your energy, can be harmfull depending on how the consuming takes place.

Ex.:

- Cusumes water to do shoot Water based energy arrows.

- Absorbs fire to make Fire based energy blasts.

ABC -

- Uses Surrounding elements, own body and energy at will for use or creation of things and beings for a limited time.

Ex.:

- Turns own body and sword into fire elemental based, while can generate fire balls, explosions and alikes

Type D Mark:

Bodies Manipulation

- Uses other bodies for using own power for a short period of time.

Ex.:

- Uses a swarm of bats infused with wind blades on their wings to cut what's in their way.

I can find it interesting to do.
Anyway, i have this idea that might need some reviewing, so here it is:

[spoiler='Glyph- The Mark of the Soul']

PLOT:
In 2012 instead of the popular belief that the world would end, it didn't but the earth was hit by intergalatic energy winds, most of people didn't had anything diferent about them because of that, but there were some people in the world which developed the "Soul Marks", powers which were connected to what was most important to those people or to what they wanted or considered as apart of them. These Marks, or Glyphs had theyr own side effects. Most fo the people which possesed the Glyphs were destroyed by not beeing able to control them, but those who could were able to live theyr lives normaly, but the Marks powers could be activated whenever was needed, or in some cases when wanted. The current time is 2027, it is estimated that at least 30% of the human race have the Glyphs and are able to use it.

Glyph Guide:

Glyphs can be classified into 3 diferent types:

Type A Mark:
Sourrounding Manipulation
- Creates the object or beeing by manipulationg the sourounding elements. They can last os long as they have managed to.
Example:
-Sword made out of air particles, one will exist until it is broken or another one is made.
-Wolf made out of water drops, one will exist as long ias it is not killed or another one is not created.

Type B Mark:
Energy Creation
-Creates Object or Beeing by generating energy, can only last for a limited time.
Example:
-Spear made out of energy, will exist as long as the blow can be delivered
-Energy Gun: Bulletsts are made out of energy and shooted by the person's body, the limit of shoots is acording to the number of bullets made out.

Type C Mark:
Self Manipulation
-Object is created by manipulating own body.
Example:
-Scythe made out of the person's arm, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.
-Bat wings made out from the person's arms, Will last until the person stop using the Mark's power.

Possible Mark Types Combinations(from most commom to the rarest):

A
B
C

A-C
B-C
A-B

A-B-C (<-- most likely not happening cause it's quite a bit OP)
[/spoiler]

This looks pretty fun. This definitely has potential if executed well.

So, should I go for Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon for my TRON-like virtual world RP?

While Digimon seems to be the obvious choice, the Yu-Gi-Oh one might be more interesting, since Yu-Gi-Oh shenanigans are usually mystical in nature as opposed to technological.

This looks pretty fun. This definitely has potential if executed well.

Thanks, but I am thinking about some plot futures for it, but still haven't decided, some ideas I had are:
- A still quite common fear of the ones with the Glyph form society leads to outcasting and in some cases even termination of the ones with a Glyph, in a counterpart it leads the ones with Glyphs to move in retaliation to that by terrorist acts and gangs by more extreme groups. Of course still having those on both sides that live well with each other and don't fall into wars.

- Use of the ones with a Glyph as living weapons by the military and organizations around the world, leading those who are free into a constant alert and paranoia.

- The Glyph's natural side-effects to it's users start growing more severe, going even to cases of heath diseases or psicological problems, having that seen like am epidemic disease by some part of society the ones wiht a Glyph start to be hunt by some extreme anti-glyph groups.

I'm copying what I just posted on the RP Planning Thread here for your reference. The world I have envisioned is very similar to the Grid in TRON: Legacy and its spinoffs.

This is a world perpetually shrouded in darkness, where everything survives off of "Ambrosia", a viscous, luminescent fuel source that provides both life and light to this world. Ambrosia, especially in a more refined state, powers not only the "Subroutines", the equipment that this world's inhabitants utilize, but also the various "Domains", which can vary from bright cityscapes brought to life by its own neon lights and bustling highways, to biospheres that replicate conditions found in the real world underneath false suns at the top of their translucent domes, to virtual colonies and oases inhabited by those who prefer to be away from the larger Domains, but instead eke out a living on their much smaller Domains, usually selling a product or two to other installations. Separating the Domains from each other is the Frontier, a vast, barren wasteland of dark-grey rock, where "Flux Storms" ravage the landscape with totally random results. Other hostile denizens of the Frontier are various viral entities, such as "Glitches", beings of pure chaos and insanity that desire nothing more than to spread their madness, though more malignant viruses have actual intelligence and cunning on their side.
Being a resident of a Domain, which can range in size from a small cluster of buildings around a single Ambrosia source to large forested park to a city-state to even a sweeping territory of various replicated environments, means that everything one would need can usually be found or manufactured in the Domain using Ambrosia and data. Life in the Frontier, in contrast, can be savage, but the high risk just might pay off a much bigger reward: something valuable brought on by a Flux Storm, or maybe even a previously-hidden source of Ambrosia. Travel in between Domains is possible, though most Subroutines, transportation-related or not, require a connection to an Ambrosia-related wireless power system that transmits energy to the Subroutine within the confines of the Domain. Otherwise, a Subroutine needs its own fuel source, either internal or external. Tram Subroutines running off of beams of concentrated Ambrosia energy can connect Domains together, though they can be energy-intensive. and are usually only used for larger Domains.
This is a basic outline that can be further adjusted or modified depending on the direction taken, but is will serve as a shell to contain the roleplay.

Thanks, but I am thinking about some plot futures for it, but still haven't decided, some ideas I had are:

Having Glyphs come with a terrible side effect would be interesting.  Maybe the plot is driven by the source of some sort of cure, or the player characters are in the employ of some morally ambiguous entity because said entity can provide medicine to stave off the negative effects (until the characters break ties somehow, heh).

I'm copying what I just posted on the RP Planning Thread here for your reference. The world I have envisioned is very similar to the Grid in TRON: Legacy and its spinoffs.

This is a world perpetually shrouded in darkness, where everything survives off of "Ambrosia", a viscous, luminescent fuel source that provides both life and light to this world. Ambrosia, especially in a more refined state, powers not only the "Subroutines", the equipment that this world's inhabitants utilize, but also the various "Domains", which can vary from bright cityscapes brought to life by its own neon lights and bustling highways, to biospheres that replicate conditions found in the real world underneath false suns at the top of their translucent domes, to virtual colonies and oases inhabited by those who prefer to be away from the larger Domains, but instead eke out a living on their much smaller Domains, usually selling a product or two to other installations. Separating the Domains from each other is the Frontier, a vast, barren wasteland of dark-grey rock, where "Flux Storms" ravage the landscape with totally random results. Other hostile denizens of the Frontier are various viral entities, such as "Glitches", beings of pure chaos and insanity that desire nothing more than to spread their madness, though more malignant viruses have actual intelligence and cunning on their side.
Being a resident of a Domain, which can range in size from a small cluster of buildings around a single Ambrosia source to large forested park to a city-state to even a sweeping territory of various replicated environments, means that everything one would need can usually be found or manufactured in the Domain using Ambrosia and data. Life in the Frontier, in contrast, can be savage, but the high risk just might pay off a much bigger reward: something valuable brought on by a Flux Storm, or maybe even a previously-hidden source of Ambrosia. Travel in between Domains is possible, though most Subroutines, transportation-related or not, require a connection to an Ambrosia-related wireless power system that transmits energy to the Subroutine within the confines of the Domain. Otherwise, a Subroutine needs its own fuel source, either internal or external. Tram Subroutines running off of beams of concentrated Ambrosia energy can connect Domains together, though they can be energy-intensive. and are usually only used for larger Domains.
This is a basic outline that can be further adjusted or modified depending on the direction taken, but is will serve as a shell to contain the roleplay.

Indeed.  The only question would be how would Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon be integrated into such a world?

Having Glyphs come with a terrible side effect would be interesting.  Maybe the plot is driven by the source of some sort of cure, or the player characters are in the employ of some morally ambiguous entity because said entity can provide medicine to stave off the negative effects (until the characters break ties somehow, heh).

Well Glyphs would normaly have some side effects, but nothing really serious, but something could be making them get worse leaving those with glyphs and those who are on their side into a search for a cure, while others would turn into this entity of some sort that would be saying that could provide a cure or something to wase the side effects, but that would have a cost of some sort.
that was what I could think based on what you said, I still might need some help...

I've decided to make my concept a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP.
As for the Digimon angle, I think a good friend of mine plans to combine Digimon with elements from ReBoot.

On another note, where is everyone? With all of the members, you would think this thread would be more active.

I would like to see how your idea would work.

And I dunno, well I have been out for a while so I can't say much about the activities here tho.

Hmmm...while looking past at old RPs (I'm a strange kind of guy who likes to do that), I encountered an old favorite. An RP whose impact rippled throughout the entire section, if only for a short amount of time, and it gave me an idea.

Alright, I know I'm already managing one RP, but does anybody remember an old roleplay of Gendo Ikari's by the name of Reign of Paradox? It was basically a crossover Yugioh RP throughout all of time and space, gathering characters from different RPs and different timelines together. Originally Gendo Ikari's idea... but with me in control, who knows? I'd probably even allow characters from non-Yugioh-related RPs so long as they're given decks. I'm not sure about the plot, but it'd probably be similar to Jolta's Mega-Multiverse only with a more linear plotline and less randomness~

I'd like to do something like that, something that unites nearly all the roleplayers together into one, single RP on a grand scale.

Something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can stretch the very fabric of space and time without seeming overly cliché.

I'm just telling you guys about this idea. Food for thought. I won't begin seriously planning it until around July or August, where I'm hoping to have enough time to host multiple RPs. And that's only if people actually like the idea. In all honesty, I'll probably need lots and lots of players if this thing is going to be the blast I want it to be, so if hardly anybody joins, then it isn't going to work.

Hmmm...while looking past at old RPs (I'm a strange kind of guy who likes to do that), I encountered an old favorite. An RP whose impact rippled throughout the entire section, if only for a short amount of time, and it gave me an idea.

Alright, I know I'm already managing one RP, but does anybody remember an old roleplay of Gendo Ikari's by the name of Reign of Paradox? It was basically a crossover Yugioh RP throughout all of time and space, gathering characters from different RPs and different timelines together. Originally Gendo Ikari's idea... but with me in control, who knows? I'd probably even allow characters from non-Yugioh-related RPs so long as they're given decks. I'm not sure about the plot, but it'd probably be similar to Jolta's Mega-Multiverse only with a more linear plotline and less randomness~

I'd like to do something like that, something that unites nearly all the roleplayers together into one, single RP on a grand scale.

Something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can stretch the very fabric of space and time without seeming overly cliché.

I'm just telling you guys about this idea. Food for thought. I won't begin seriously planning it until around July or August, where I'm hoping to have enough time to host multiple RPs. And that's only if people actually like the idea. In all honesty, I'll probably need lots and lots of players if this thing is going to be the blast I want it to be, so if hardly anybody joins, then it isn't going to work.

Considering my penchant to cause RPs to spiral out of control when I am not kept on a leash, you being in charge would be a wonderful idea.

That can work out well if gathers enough people and it gets a working plotline, but I would like to help on making it work if needed any help.

That can work out well if gathers enough people and it gets a working plotline, but I would like to help on making it work if needed any help.

*nods* I appreciate the help, though I won't be starting any serious work on it for about a month or so ^_^;

But I have been wondering, and I should probably clear this up now rather than later, but should I make this grand crossover a Yu-Gi-Oh -themed RP? Or should I aim for something more creative?

Well, this IS a Yu-Gi-Oh forum.
Besides, remember that time I tried to include various other fictional characters into a Yu-Gi-Oh! setting?
It might be interesting to do such a thing. I already have an idea for an character for that RP that is (shock of all shocks) completely original and not related to any of my other OCs.

So... will it be limited to Yu-Gi-Oh! RPs, or will it be an all-all Crossover? Huehue.
Ah yes, my Mega-Multiverse RPs. Looking back, they were absurdly unlinear and random.

Speaking of which, I just made a more linear all-all crossover. A magician's academy where your familiar is a character. I'm trying not to give the teachers acceptable-powered characters so that the students can use them. You can see it in the OoC Section now.

There will be arcs, some SoL inbetween, and filler involving that suspicious factory at the edge of the city. There will even be SoL incooperated into arcs, and SoL inccoperated into fil- OK you get my point.

I made use of this to practice RPing a wider range of characters, instead of my usual range of failed tsunderes and mischievious traps.

So... will it be limited to Yu-Gi-Oh! RPs, or will it be an all-all Crossover? Huehue.

Not sure. HELP MEH DECIDE THIS GAIZ.

Ah yes, my Mega-Multiverse RPs. Looking back, they were absurdly unlinear and random.

Speaking of which, I just made a more linear all-all crossover. A magician's academy where your familiar is a character. I'm trying not to give the teachers acceptable-powered characters so that the students can use them. You can see it in the OoC Section now. There will be arcs, some SoL inbetween, and filler involving that suspicious factory at the edge of the city. There will even be SoL incooperated into arcs, and SoL inccoperated into fil- OK you get my point.

I made use of this to practice RPing a wider range of characters, instead of my usual range of failed tsunderes and mischievious traps.

*nods* I've seen it already. I'm not sure if I'll be able to join it though, since I'm too preoccupied for the time being. ^_^;

Besides, I want to aim more for a crossover between RPs. There'll be the chance to make both original characters and use canon characters, of course, but what I want to aim for are the characters themselves. Plus my plot will be a lot more tense and dramatic--- [/slapped]

@Kirei: I like the sound of that. Every single RP that ever existed. I've got quite a few characters I'm itching to re-use in that plan.
Well, all-all sounds more glorious to me.

@Kirito: Natural, since I've done those RPs umpteen times. So I went for a change.

Archived