RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

I really dunno of you guys will still accept me posting here, but I finaly got enough to stay here every day(at night mostly), also I got some things to ask cause I gotta be quick, is there any RP that have started out of something here? and someone from long ago got back and said that wanted to revive my old -46- RP, the one I posted here some months ago, so we will make it again, so I would like to ask if anyone would like to come give it a look whenever it's up again, I will let everyone knowing when it's back on again.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just throwing this out here just so everybody else is aware.

--
Dragon Ball Z & Naruto: Dimensions of the Yin-Yang!

Genre/Themes: Anime, Crossover, Action/Adventure
Plot: Through unknown means, the DBZ cast enters the Naruto Dimension (Composed of Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten and Trunks) through a dimensional rift that has no source point. As they pass through the rift, they encounter Gaara, Temari, Kakashi, Sakura and Naruto, whose mission is to retrieve an escaped prisoner in possession of an unknown artifact. The ninjas join forces with the DB characters and begin their search. They eventually find the escaped prisoner who attacks the group, and, after a fierce battle, capture him, bringing him back to the Hidden Leaf Village. Eventually, one things leads to another, and the merging of both dimensions ensues, causing apocalyptic consequences. And I can explain more in detail if anyone is interested.
Setting: In the beginning of the fanfic, the two universes will be pretty much the way they are seen in their anime/manga. But, because of the merging of the two universes, strange weather patterns and natural disasters have to started to formulate. It is nothing to worry about yet, but as the story progresses, these strange occurrences will start to happen more frequently and will become much more dangerous.

Cities and villages will start to become more desolate, people will start to evacuate from dangerous areas. By this time, wildlife will have already become extremely scarce, their heightened senses will have alerted them to the danger, and they will have retreated to a safer area. Once the universes have nearly completed their merging, the two worlds will be in ruins. The loss of human life will be large and it will be highly unlikely for the protagonists to encounter anyone outside their group, besides antagonists that would have survived such an apocalypse.
What you need help with: Anything. I need plot development, character development on the original antagonist, and so much more that even I might be unaware of. Plus, considering that I intend on making this into 3 arcs, I need help on expansion so that each arc would last as mich as they need to without the expense of major plot development (Basically, expand each arc without too much filler involved).

Anyone that's interested in helping out would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I have a Google Doc with notes on part of the story.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Well I posted my RP up, I would love to see more people into it, but that's up to you guys to decide, but it would already mean a lot to me if you guys gave it a good look, any question or suggestion is will be gladly accepted and considered.
Here is a link for it(it can also be found on my signature):

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/301382-46-the-suppernatural-rissing-46s-revival-pg-13ooc-threadnot-startedalways-accepting/#entry6196816

Ah well, time for glory.

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Primarily Fantasy, preferably mixed with a modern-day setting.
Preferred Character Type: The (literally) silent type who has little to no lines, the hot-tempered type and maybe twins, preferably opposing twins.
Skills: I have average-tier skill in RPing. I have plot ideas, although they sometimes end up being not very original.

Tattered Sleeves

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Heavy Conspiracy/Politics, Hard D&D Style Fantasy, Romance
Preferred Character Type: Tsunderes, Cloud Cuckoolanders, Villains, and Large Boisterous Support characters
[spoiler=Skills]

The forum's RP section has devolved into a heap of unoriginal ideas and choppy, dying, half-assed RPs. I've seen one or two good ideas out of the dozens I've looked at since I rejoined the site a few days ago.

I can bring ideas to the table that arent just another RP based on some popular anime or videogame that we've all seen a million times over. (Pokemon, Yugioh, Naruto, Sonic, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts...the list goes on.) But good ideas are nothing without someone breathing life into them. If I can get people who are seriously motivated to tell a good story that none of the players will ever forget, then I can give you the templates needed to write that one story.

I've been a Forum RPer for two and a half years and a Tabletop GM who handwrote all of his campaigns for seven years (each campaign a rousing success, I'm so grateful to my players for that). But in all honesty my "skill" if it can be called that, is that I really and truly love the stories that can unfold in an RP. I have seen so many stories go beautifully well. This forum treated me right a few years ago when I first found the place, now that I've got the spare time i really want to give back to the RP section.

[/spoiler]

tl;dr I've got alot of good ideas buzzing around in my head and furthermore once an RP gets going I'm almost always the last one to leave because I seriously commit to projects

Okay, guys. So about an original Heavy Fantasy RP, how much information should I provide and how much information should I leave up to the players' imagination?

Everyone above has been accepted and added. Nice to have an experienced RPer around, Tattered.

Heavy/High Fantasy is generally very dark and (outside of the obvious fantasy elements) the world seems very realistic.

Examples of Heavy Fantasy would be Morrowind, A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Souls, most D&D campaigns. etc.

Now then Original High Fantasy RP, I can dig it.

As for your question, as a GM it is your job to immerse the player. That means being as descriptive as possible (without crossing into the territory of sh*tty boringness) the key is to have an almost poetic flare to your narration. "The hero enters the cave and is faced with a great red dragon" is adequate for a typical dragon encounter, but if you're introducing Viithserion The Smouldering Dread who torched the hero's entire kingdom. Ya might want to bust out something like

"The dreadwyrm slithered forth from his lair and let loose a howl that shook the earth and sky. His eyes were aglow with hell's fire and his jaws dripped sulfur and black ichor. The dragon took flight! Thirty feet from tip to tail! The flap of his wings signaled the beginning of the fated duel and from his maw came a stream of steel-melting flame that flew towards the hero."

The amount of description is descretionary, if you use poetic description where it isn't needed then it runs the risk of delving into sh*tty boringness, You don't need to get all shakespearian to inform the player that the potion shop owner handed him his crap. But at the same time, if you feel a location or event is worth selling then SELL IT. Because if you don't the RP just falls flat...like flat soda...nobody likes drinking a flat RP

Hm, I meant about the world itself in the OoC.

Ideally you want to be as descriptive as you can be, the various lands, countries, towns, people, etc... You'll also want to describe and focus on the uniquer aspects of the world. (things that you, yourself created, not generic elf, goblin, orc, yaddayaddayaddah) If you want to go the extra mile, include a map.

Just as important as the physical world you need to describe the lore behind it. Anything from a complete history of the world to just the events that led up to the story right now. But you need, need, NEED to include a good amount of lore.

I see. I was just worried I would overwhelm in that aspect. Thanks.

Never. Lemme say that again.

NEVAR EVAR

Can you be too descriptive when introducing something as big as a world, double that if it's an original world, triple THAT if you've got a large amount of backstory for the world, add all that together and QUINTUPLE it if you're doing this with no other sensory input, remember, your words are all that links them to the world they are about to immerse in. Make it a strong-ass link of words.

Actually, for a while now when I am not writing or doing other things I've been working on a world me and a friend created called Orai.

It has almost everything set up and a plot to go along with it if anybody is interested in helping me hammer out the more specific details. We actually got things going like currency and even what sports they play.

Chaos Sonic (May also call me CS, Sonic, or whatever you want)
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Currently been taking interest in Anime based RPs, thanks to Kyng and Blu
Preferred Character Type: I've gone through many of character types. Mostly hero types (when Im the host of the RP) to even the shy guy in the corner. I usually have more than one specific type.
[spoiler=Skills:]

Story development: I have come up with great story ideas for different parts of RPs, even creating a nice plot line when I can.

Theme Music/BGM: Kyng has often called me "Mr. Music", as I have the uncanny ability to find great music to fit any mood in the RP (being them Anime, Games, or even actual instrumental music).

RP Experience: I've been RPing on YCM for a long bit of time and thanks to members (such as Kyng, Jake the Sage, Aisu to name a few), my skills in RPs have gotten exceedingly better than they were when I first started.

[/spoiler]

Actually, for a while now when I am not writing or doing other things I've been working on a world me and a friend created called Orai.

It has almost everything set up and a plot to go along with it if anybody is interested in helping me hammer out the more specific details. We actually got things going like currency and even what sports they play.

Drop me a PM of what you have so far, what specifically did you need?

Which RP would you be talking about Jake?

That would be Tamers, which takes place in the world of Orai.

The highest level technology are things like the steam engine and light bulb; though there are very few of this technology making it only for the wealthiest of wealth and nobility.

Magic does exist, but it is fading away and most people cannot preform amazing feats like they used too. Levitation up to a third story, in a world where we're now obtaining the tools to build five stories high, and medium fire blasts being the average is now common.

Also most "magical creatures" have been hunted down to extinction, thought to be extinct, or are being used as slaves/circus attractions.

The Hunter Within, or just call me Hunter.
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy/Post-Apocalyptic/Realistic/Zombies
Preferred Character Type: The silent guy that tends to disappear and reappear at random intervals.
Skills: I can write plots to an extent, and I can give advice on particular aspects of an rp, such as plots, applications and such.

Tormented (Batman)
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Batman RPs
Preferred Character Type: Batman
Skills: Gadget creating because I'm a billionaire Super Hero.

BATMAN.

[spoiler='SUPER SERIOUS APPLICATION PROMISE']Tormented
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Medieval Fantasy
Preferred Character Type: Dark Mysterious mastermind
Skills: Just to get across good RPs etc.
[/spoiler]

Archived