RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

Hope you don't mind, do you?

Enrise
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I really don't have a preference, as I enjoy most types of RPs. Well, one's I have a relation to anyways.
Preferred Character Type: I try to experiment with currently known personality traits and disorders to try and form somewhat unique RP characters that are relatively common to interact with in daily life.
Skills: I'd like to think I'm fairly alright at spraying out ideas for anything, information gathering, organization, and unorthodox ideas to many aspects of life.

That's all I can spew out.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we were talking about crossovers, I will speak of an idea I once had.

I was once thinking of a crossover Holy Grail where the Seven classes were characters from other series.

I then scrapped that idea and reduced it to but the usual HGW with historical figures.

Then I rethought the idea to make it an Apocrypha-style HGW - Seven classes vs. Seven classes.

I wonder if I need to add something unique to pull it off...

Since we were talking about crossovers, I will speak of an idea I once had.

I was once thinking of a crossover Holy Grail where the Seven classes were characters from other series.

I then scrapped that idea and reduced it to but the usual HGW with historical figures.

Then I rethought the idea to make it an Apocrypha-style HGW - Seven classes vs. Seven classes.

I wonder if I need to add something unique to pull it off...

Please don't do it Apocrypha-style. There's no way that many people will stay active (28 characters, hello?), and a battle royale sounds much more interesting anyway.

But even then, it's difficult on YCM. An RP like this takes fourteen players - or a minimum of seven if we each control both our Master and our Servant. Not only that, but not everyone is a fan of the Nasuverse, and not everyone has watched Fate/zero or Fate/stay night. It also takes quite a while to explain. Honestly, I think if you want to pull off an RP like that, you should go someplace else like Spacebattles. Just being honest here.

And you know what, I think I have a way that such cards can be used.

If one person chooses a character based off an RP previously done, he/she would be a normal person, holding Monster cards of any and all protagonists within that RP. And if a second person chose the same RP, then the antagonists would be chosen as a deck. From there, any special powers seen and used commonly or uncommonly within such RPs would be spell and/or trap cards. And then comes Fusion and Synchros. I say that if you're gonna have Fusion monsters, then it should be required to have either Polymerization, or create Fusion Spell cards that would work for the particular deck. And if there were certain items that had characters get instant power-ups, they would be Equip Spells, but also count as a Tuner Monster.

And I can keep going on from there, especially with Exceed Monsters (Or is it called Xyz Monsters? Zexal is confusing sometimes).

[quote]Zexal is confusing sometimes[/quote]

It's been called Xyz Monsters for three years, mate. 'Exceed' was a mistranslation that lasted only like six months...You're on this site (Yugioh Card Maker) and yet you didn't know that? O_o

As for your idea, Kazuto (is this being directed at me?), I think it's a lot better to just let people come up with what they want instead of force them to create archetypes they may or may not want to. Ya'know, like every single other Yugioh RP out there. It's an interesting idea, but it's just not practical and can annoy lots of potential players, and it's also a lot more complex than you make it sound in your mind. That's not what I'm aiming for here. The important thing is to have fun, and whatever deck they choose to run is fine by me.

Okay, first off, I have little knowledge on Zexal. I just started watching it out of nowhere, so get off my case. <_<

Second, people have more availability than you might realize. The more of something that is seen and can be used in RPs, the more options available to that person. Plus, they can choose multiple archetypes and decide which is best to duel with. 3 at most. Plus, they can make the Monster, Spells, Traps, etc. have any effect that works for their particular dueling style.

So, they won't felt as restricted as they would assume. Does that make it sound better somewhat.

Okay, first off, I have little knowledge on Zexal. I just started watching it out of nowhere, so get off my case. <_<

Second, people have more availability than you might realize. The more of something that is seen and can be used in RPs, the more options available to that person. Plus, they can choose multiple archetypes and decide which is best to duel with. 3 at most. Plus, they can make the Monster, Spells, Traps, etc. have any effect that works for their particular dueling style.

So, they won't felt as restricted as they would assume. Does that make it sound better somewhat.

I mean the card game ._. Yugioh's a card game, you know...and, well, people play it....um, this site is a Yugioh Card Maker. So...

What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to restrict people. They can do it if they want to, but if they want their guy to run a Verz deck or a custom archetype they've already created, then they should be allowed to do so. I'm trying to give people more options here, not less. It's easier to use an archetype you already know about rather than having to come up with something new or ripping off of already-existing cards. That's all.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a pretty complicated card game nowadays. I'd rather not make it worse for people.

• 2 weeks later...

Jolt while I'm not completely affluent in that specific anime/manga, though I do intend to read/watch it, I don't think another Academy Based role play would be good for this forum. We've had way too many and unless the plot is something completely original I doubt anyone wants to go through another.

But that's just my opinion.

Jolta, it appears that you haven't watched Index yet (I haven't either, though I'm going to watch it next) and from what I've seen, it appears that Index provides mostly all information on the world as it has magic as well as the other Level 5's: Accelerator, Dark Matter, Meltdown and etc.

• 3 weeks later...

What? Are we... dead?
Well, I have a few more ideas.

The first one in more sci-fi than fantasy.
Mankind has left Earth for other planets. They have left of their living creations behind, ranging from genetic experiments to sentient A.I.s. Free from humans, they know build new civilisations and stuff, although the numerous races do not get along well. One day, the humans return to claim Earth once more. Now, the different races must try to set their differences aside and fight against the humans.

Or my other one which is more supernatural.
Takes place in modern Japan
The Shuten-doji, one of the four greatest yokai, has turned over a new leaf and went into hiding with his foster daughter, Ibaraki-doji. For hundreds of years, Nurarihyon's troops have attempted to capture him or blackmail him by kidnapping his daughter, but failed. In order to fight once more, Shuten decided to resort to acquiring comrades to aid him in his quest to stop Nurarihyon's actions.
Today, Shuten and Ibaraki have gathered a large-enough, varied army to stop Nurarihyon and his troops from trying to harass them.

What? Are we... dead?
Well, I have a few more ideas.

The first one in more sci-fi than fantasy.
Mankind has left Earth for other planets. They have left of their living creations behind, ranging from genetic experiments to sentient A.I.s. Free from humans, they know build new civilisations and stuff, although the numerous races do not get along well. One day, the humans return to claim Earth once more. Now, the different races must try to set their differences aside and fight against the humans.

Why would the races fight in the first place and why would humans returning lead to them trying to join forces to fight together? I don't see why any of that would make sense.

Are humans just plain evil in the role play?

Or my other one which is more supernatural.
Takes place in modern Japan
The Shuten-doji, one of the four greatest yokai, has turned over a new leaf and went into hiding with his foster daughter, Ibaraki-doji. For hundreds of years, Nurarihyon's troops have attempted to capture him or blackmail him by kidnapping his daughter, but failed. In order to fight once more, Shuten decided to resort to acquiring comrades to aid him in his quest to stop Nurarihyon's actions.
Today, Shuten and Ibaraki have gathered a large-enough, varied army to stop Nurarihyon and his troops from trying to harass them.

Sounds like Nurahiriyon or however you spell it.

Why would the races fight in the first place and why would humans returning lead to them trying to join forces to fight together? I don't see why any of that would make sense.

Are humans just plain evil in the role play?

The races fight because they are different. Just like racism in the old days(or recent days) of mankind.

The humans.. yes, they are rather evil. Humans of this future are intergalactic warlords, usually taking advantage of a planet's comparatively primitive state to invade and colonise, and grab resources too. Earth is obviously inhabitable, thus they select Earth to colonise.

Well, of course, I'm still working on this. I already have some planned races, all classified as Sky Races, Water Races and Lamd Races.

[spoiler=This is a quote]

Hmmm...while looking past at old RPs (I'm a strange kind of guy who likes to do that), I encountered an old favorite. An RP whose impact rippled throughout the entire section, if only for a short amount of time, and it gave me an idea.

Alright, I know I'm already managing one RP, but does anybody remember an old roleplay of Gendo Ikari's by the name of Reign of Paradox? It was basically a crossover Yugioh RP throughout all of time and space, gathering characters from different RPs and different timelines together. Originally Gendo Ikari's idea... but with me in control, who knows? I'd probably even allow characters from non-Yugioh-related RPs so long as they're given decks. I'm not sure about the plot, but it'd probably be similar to Jolta's Mega-Multiverse only with a more linear plotline and less randomness~

I'd like to do something like that, something that unites nearly all the roleplayers together into one, single RP on a grand scale.

Something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can stretch the very fabric of space and time without seeming overly cliché.

I'm just telling you guys about this idea. Food for thought. I won't begin seriously planning it until around July or August, where I'm hoping to have enough time to host multiple RPs. And that's only if people actually like the idea. In all honesty, I'll probably need lots and lots of players if this thing is going to be the blast I want it to be, so if hardly anybody joins, then it isn't going to work.

Does the concept sound good to anyone?

[/spoiler]

I haven't forgotten about this idea yet. I was going to make a banner and some drawings, but laziness got to me. I'll do that later.

My aim here isn't to make a crossover between canon series (although that can most certainly be done as well), but a crossover between the many roleplays of this site. So if you've had a favorite character you created in a RP from the past, you can get to use them again and expand upon them.

Still, I'm as of yet undecided as to whether or not they'll fight each other via card games or if they'll utilize the main powers of their respective RPs.

As for the plot...

[spoiler=The Beta Plot]

The multiverse isn't as it should be.

There are strange occurrences going on in the fabric of time and space.

Key items from universes, be they magical artifacts or advanced technological weapons, have suddenly vanished into thin air. The forces of magic are acting unpredictably, time travel no longer brings individuals to where they wish to go, and teleportation has become impossible for inexplicable reasons. Thus, the beings that would normally come to the rescue, such as the Time Lords or the Neighborhood Watch, are unable to interfere.

But most importantly, events that should've happened have been reversed and replaced with apocalyptic scenarios that had otherwise been prevented. Once a world falls into disarray, time itself starts collapsing around its universe.

The one responsible for this is an emerald-haired time sorceress called Isamy, who has begun to tamper with time and space itself in search of a 'key' - the key to the "Door of Origin". When it is opened, it is said that the one who gains access to it shall be able to overwrite the entire multiverse and shape it in their own image.

Only one man stands in her way. A Counter Guardian known only as Emiya, whose sole duty is to function as a hero to save the multiverse whenever it is threatened. However, the threat he faces is a being beyond even his power alone.

That is why he has traveled from universe to universe, saving the only individuals he's able to - people whose memories retain that of their original timelines. Bringing them into a self-contained world called "Unlimited Blade Works" so the time sorceress won't be able to find them, he has formed the Counter Corps (or "C.C."), whose main goal is to put an end to her schemes and save the multiverse before it's too late.

However, Isamy has realized this, and has thus begun collecting individuals of her own from different worlds, luring them over to her side with 'a chance to rewrite the fate of their own universe'.

Will you become the hero that saves the fate of your world?

Or will you seize this opportunity to become the god that directs it?

When all of reality is at stake, who will you side with?

[/spoiler]

Haven't come up with a title yet, though.

So, what do you guys think~? :D I tried to blur the line between good and evil a little, so it's possible here for a good guy to want to change the fate of his crapsack world.

I see the plot, but what sort of things are going to happen?

Are they going to try to attack each other?

Pretty much.

There are going to be three acts, and mainly three settings.

The first act goes like this: Isamy's an immortal lich, so the Counter Corps' first (and hopefully final) act would be to venture into the Shadow Realm and destroy the source of her soul. In here, they'll be opposed by the people that she recruited. Boom boom boom.

The next two acts will quickly follow, but what they're about is a secret :P

Archived