RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You saw that hostility between them. It's the obvious conclusion though not necessarily correct.

Still, it's the best theory we have for them.

Possibly exes, possibly weird affair, who the hell knows. All we need to know is that we finally get to see the badass that is Qrow.

EDIT: O.O Reasons to love Qrow even more...Vic Mignogna is voicing him!!!

Which is a lot more believable than it being her sister...

Still, wondering why and how Qrow and Winter know one another...

Well, I'll try to theorize on this.

First off: they can know each other either by personal reasons or by professional reasons.

If they know each other for personal reasons, they would have to be relatives, or have met before in a non-professional context. We don't know anything that ties Qrow himself, or his family, to Winter or the Schnee family so for now we can't explore this possibility.

If they've known each other for professional reasons...

Well, we do know a bit more about Qrow in this case. He's a Huntsman, and a very good one. It's implied that he has been working for Ozpin, or at least doing something for him. Likely, spying on Cinder or her associates, or something of the sort. Winter, however? We can only assume she's working with the Schnee Dust Company (she is a Schnee after all, and Weiss is off at Beacon doing Huntress training), with the military (her dress looks a bit like a uniform, and she has a weapon - why would a corporate executive carry a weapon in public? Besides, the Atlasian military is implied to have close ties to the SDC so it could make sense for her to be the SDC's inside woman in the army) or that she's a Huntress herself (not really much to support this theory though).

So, for now it seems likely that they know each other due to Qrow's job as a huntsman, and Winter's position as daughter of a VERY politically and financially influential person. They could have had to cooperate in the recent past, and they could have had some sort of strong disagreement, either about their methods or about the Army/the SDC.

Just a few more hours, just a few more hours T_T

I had high hopes as soon as I saw Vic's voicing Qrow but my god, he may actually be even better then I imgained he'd be.

Also THEM BATTLES!. Already feeling the hype

Yeah, for me I'll have to watch it on Monday, cause no internet at home and only way I can watch it at my campus T~T

You should spoiler that.

Does anyone remember how long RT waits to upload RWBY to their YouTube channel after releasing it on their website? I like the show, but not enough to subscribe to them.

I heard that they upload it on Tuesday, but Ep 1 is already on their site without needing to subscribe.

[spoiler=Volume 3 Episode 1 thoughts (Spoilered just incase, eventhough there's no plot details inside)]I may just be crazy but it sounds like they recast atleast Mercury and Emerald (Ren was expected because of Monty passing away, although it's neat they still kept it within the family by recasting the part to his brother), if only because I can recognise Yuri Lowenthal from a mile away by now :P

And well, we're one episode down and I'm in on this 110%. Animation has improved significantly, the story already shattered atleast one trope I was fully expecting, and the humor is still there. My excitement for what's about to come is almost immesurable >u>

The animation is fantastic, I love it. The movement and expressions of the characters is much better, and just the general quality of the show looks nicer. Something about the lighting or something they did this volume makes the models look nice. My only complaint is that the 2D image they used for Ruby's dad looked kinda lame.

And yeah, Yuri Lowenthal took over for J.J. Castillo, who left Rooster Teeth earlier this year. However, I think Emerald's voice actress, Katie Newville, is still the same. I didn't know Ren's new voice is Monty's brother, though. That's really cool, and no offence to Monty or anything, but I think he sounds better.

I thought he sounded different from the previous volumes yet familiar at the same time right off the bat, but I honestly didn't fully catch it either. Which is weird since he's got a really identifiable voice I can tell immediately, usually.

Exactly! I was able to pick out Yuri in multiple other series, especially TOME by Kirbopher...but I couldn't even tell him apart from the original Mercury...

I am ashamed of myself -_-

That was a cool first episode for the 3rd season! I agree, the show looks like it got a visual overhaul with the character models, lighting, and some other things I think I notice but can't point out on a surface level.

That finishing team combo is one of my new favorite moments from RWBY. Would've been cool to see the enemy team pose a little more of a threat, but that didn't really temper my enjoyment of the episode.

Blake's interactions with her food were pretty funny. General visual gags with the faces seem better than they used to too.

Archived