RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I fully caught up on RWBY now...

[spoiler=My thoughts]

Ch. 7 - So in short...BACKSTORY TIME!!! XD I enjoyed it though, it makes things a bit more clearer now on where they all came from and how the baddies met. And on the other note...robot legs...? Really wasn't expecting that. I mean...I really wasn't. Still wondering why robo-legs?

Ch. 8 - Seriously? No one believes (save the rest of the team) Yang? Would've honestly thought that at least Ironwood would've said "Hey...somethings up here..." or heck, even Qrow saying something! >_< On the other hand...the feels in this episode...it was dripping with it. JaunexPyrrha...will they survive? *fingers crossed for the underdog's love life!* Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....Ruby figures things out. Goodie...and again without her weapon. Hopefully she'll do better than she did with Vol. 2. And maybe people will believe a younger teenage girl than her older sister...probs not...

When I watched the episode, the first thing I noted was what happened in the episode was similar to the events in Arc-V

[spoiler=Continuation]

with an invasion during a tournament arc. (Arc-V: Obelisk Force, RWBY: Grim)

If anything, we'll probably expect a World of Remnant this week.

To be fair,

[spoiler=Continuation]Tournament arcs have the tendency to be interrupted.

[spoiler=Word]

I doubt Penny's dead. Though things might look bad for Pyrrha like they did for Yang.

I can't really tell how next episode's gonna go, so I'd say that's a plus on the writers' part.

[spoiler=]I don't think Pyrrha's going to face the same thing as Yang, Yang (at least to everyone else) purposely attacked and injured a helpless student. Pyrrha dismembering Penny was an accident due to her using too much force on her Polarity due to the illusion of all the blades. It was done for the sake of revealing Penny as a robot to call suspicion on Ironwood and his army, not to get Pyrrha's character called into question.

Finally got off my ass and watched the latest episode and hoooooly hell stuff got dark quick ._. (makes sense why they also linked to them talking about viewer discretion in the description, since the show apparently also has alot of really young fans)

[spoiler=spoiler]I dont even know where to start with this one, because it just feels great in how every last detail was exectuted, and the story geek in me is freaking out because it feels like everything Cinder was planning this entire time is finally being set into motion. The speech felt so good, and the attack, I feel, is just gonna get worse considering they showed even MORE Grimm being attracted towards the arena when panic broke out. And they already have a Nevermore to deal with, who from what I recal and we were told, are nothing to sneeze at.

And while I expected the bit about Penny being torn in half from spoiling myself on the discussion here, I so did not expect it to basicly be a dismemberment D: I just thought she was gonna be torn in half, not have her arms removed too :^: Dont know why, but that makes it so much worse for me.

Pyrrah is gonna have a hell of a time explaining this, especially to Ozpin and the rest

Finally got off my ass and watched the latest episode and hoooooly hell stuff got dark quick ._. (makes sense why they also linked to them talking about viewer discretion in the description, since the show apparently also has alot of really young fans)

[spoiler=spoiler]I dont even know where to start with this one, because it just feels great in how every last detail was exectuted, and the story geek in me is freaking out because it feels like everything Cinder was planning this entire time is finally being set into motion. The speech felt so good, and the attack, I feel, is just gonna get worse considering they showed even MORE Grimm being attracted towards the arena when panic broke out. And they already have a Nevermore to deal with, who from what I recal and we were told, are nothing to sneeze at.

And while I expected the bit about Penny being torn in half from spoiling myself on the discussion here, I so did not expect it to basicly be a dismemberment D: I just thought she was gonna be torn in half, not have her arms removed too :^: Dont know why, but that makes it so much worse for me.

Pyrrah is gonna have a hell of a time explaining this, especially to Ozpin and the rest

Actually, thinking like that...on the last sentence...

[spoiler=My thought]

I'm fairly certain Ironwood would own up and say "Yeah she's a robot/cyborg/android/etc.", so it'll be sort of easy for Oz to understand.

Actually, thinking like that...on the last sentence...

[spoiler=My thought]

I'm fairly certain Ironwood would own up and say "Yeah she's a robot/cyborg/android/etc.", so it'll be sort of easy for Oz to understand.

[spoiler=Well]Ozpin has figured out that Penny was an android. But I doubt he'll have time to settle things with Ironwood over a cup of coffee, considering they have a massive Grimm attack right outside of the colosseum.

• 2 weeks later...

That was quite the episode

[spoiler=Thoughts]

- I liked it when everyone's weapons came crashing down onto the Nevermore and everyone teamed up to kill it, gotta love that team effort in a crisis like this.

- I thought it was amusing when Torchwick pressed a button, jettisoning the Atlas Soldiers off the ship and saying that the button he pressed to do so did nothing.

- That fourth wall break by Cinder though.

- That newest Grimm though, with the ability to spawn more Grimm, well then.

- I think we all know where Pyrrha is heading when Ozpin showed up and she was walking towards him.

[spoiler=Two Thoughts for Two Videos]

The Four Maiden's - World of Remnant

Now we know the true fable/history of the four maidens. In truth, I loved the actual telling of this story. Do hope they actually make this a fairy tale later on for publishing.

Regardless, "Fall" as the other maiden name? I would've preferred it to be "Autumn", but nevertheless, it gives us what we need. Winter (also the name of Weiss' sister), Summer (also the name of Ruby's mother), Spring, and Fall (the last name of Cinder). It's obvious what's going on with the maiden's powers. Not only the powers finding a new vessel, but they are named after them as well. Just a theory though...

Chapter 10

Wow...just wow.

I loved the Nevermore scene and Ironwood being pretty awesome against the Grimm. However...it doesn't compare to that ending Grimm. My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw it and its design. It...it's just too amazing!

[spoiler=Episode 10]It was really cool to see Ironwood fight Grimm with just a handgun (and what I've been assuming for awhile is a robot arm under that glove). And it's pretty obvious where Pyrrha is going, yeah.

It was kinda harsh to see Penny's body just flung aside when the Nevermore entered the arena, I hope she gets put back together soon.

EDIT: [spoiler=Manga Chapter 3]Getting to see a bit of Weiss's backstory was cool, though I can't way it's not a tad cliche with the little rich girl getting praised by everyone and excelling as expected of her. I'm wondering if the armor she's fighting in the end is the same one from her trailer, though, because it appears a little different. Though that may just be due to artistic license.

[spoiler=Hmmm...]

Welp, things are looking rather bad. Seems that Pyyrha is finally going to make up her mind during this crisis, but with Cinder not too far away, I expect conflict~ Things could go one way or the other, really. I wouldn't be surprised if RWBY got even darker than this.

I am so hyped for Ozpin next episode - I seriously do hope we get to see him fight. Also, am I the only one who suspects him to be the Wizard of the fairytale?

Oh, and that Dragon Grimm? Awesome.

Regardless, "Fall" as the other maiden name? I would've preferred it to be "Autumn", but nevertheless, it gives us what we need.

Pffft, it's pretty obvious they went with Fall specifically because of how it has a secondary meaning - ya'know, falling?

[spoiler=Episode 10]It was really cool to see Ironwood fight Grimm with just a handgun (and what I've been assuming for awhile is a robot arm under that glove). And it's pretty obvious where Pyrrha is going, yeah.

It was kinda harsh to see Penny's body just flung aside when the Nevermore entered the arena, I hope she gets put back together soon.

EDIT: [spoiler=Manga Chapter 3]Getting to see a bit of Weiss's backstory was cool, though I can't way it's not a tad cliche with the little rich girl getting praised by everyone and excelling as expected of her. I'm wondering if the armor she's fighting in the end is the same one from her trailer, though, because it appears a little different. Though that may just be due to artistic license.

It's almost confirmed that Ironwood has a metal arm:

• He wears only one glove.

• When Ironwood was outside at night and Glenda asked Ironwood if he couldn't sleep, Ironwood responded "Arm was acting up".

[spoiler=Hmmm...]

Welp, things are looking rather bad. Seems that Pyyrha is finally going to make up her mind during this crisis, but with Cinder not too far away, I expect conflict~ Things could go one way or the other, really. I wouldn't be surprised if RWBY got even darker than this.

I am so hyped for Ozpin next episode - I seriously do hope we get to see him fight. Also, am I the only one who suspects him to be the Wizard of the fairytale?

Oh, and that Dragon Grimm? Awesome.

Pffft, it's pretty obvious they went with Fall specifically because of how it has a secondary meaning - ya'know, falling?

[spoiler=Other thoughts]

Anyone else getting a 'Dragon Age' vibe from this show?

• It's (now starting to get) dark and gritty.

• Even the 'good guys' face difficult, moral decisions.

• A dark army of monsters plagues the world. (Grimm/Darkspawn)

• People are trained in combating these foes, and these Huntsmen/Grey Wardens seem to be highly esteemed in society.

• And now we have a dragon capable of summoning more of these dark creatures. (Might not quite be a parallel to an archdemon, but it feels like it.)

Also, given Mercury and Emerald's reactions this season and the end of last, it seems like they might turn against Cinder.

However, if the rest of Fall's power does end up transferring to Cinder one way or another, Cinder might feel she might not even need her followers anymore and possibly just abandon them in exchange for ruling over the chaos by herself.

Either way, Cinder is right: I will not want to miss what happens next.

[spoiler=Episode 11 Spoilers]

So, I watched this episode. Uh... It hurt a funking lot. I'm not going to go super into detail here, cause honestly, I do NOT want to spoil this for anyone, this is a huge, huge episode.

Uh, prepare for a lot of emotions, guys. It hits the entire spectrum in the next episode, things get pretty damn serious. I'll probably talk about it some more when more people have posted about seeing it.

[spoiler=Well... (this episode is one you ought to watch first before reading anything else)]

Well damn.

That was seriously intense.

Okay, I kinda predicted it would get even darker, but not this dark, dammit xD

The whole Fall Maiden thing ended even more horribly than I thought it would. Oh god. Also, Adam's an a****** (who might have the ability to ignore Aura?), Blake got stabbed and Yang got brutally dismembered. Oh god. Nearly lost it during the decapitation scene... Oh god.

With that aside, Torchwick was more badass than he's ever been, but you've gotta admit the way he went out was kinda funny - I'm sure he'll Boba Fett his way out of it though. It was pretty touching to see him call out for Neo, showing that he might actually care about her. Also, we finally got to see what Velvet can do, and she's pretty awesome too, though I feel like she could've put up a much better fight after the hype with the 'Just watch'. Got to see Qrow's scythe form at last, and damn is it cool.

Next episode, we just have to see what Oz is capable of. He seems confident enough to be able to take on the upgraded Cinder one-on-on, apparently, so I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what he can do. However, I get the feeling that he's going to die before the other teachers arrive... It just seems like that sort of setup, you know?

Hopefully, Pyyrha still contains some small portion of the Fall Maiden's powers.

I guess you can say that Yang...

Just got DISARMED.

And is now hARMLESS.

In the end, she couldn't really lend a HAND to Blake.

too soon?

[spoiler=Well... (this episode is one you ought to watch first before reading anything else)]

Well damn.

That was seriously intense.

Okay, I kinda predicted it would get even darker, but not this dark, dammit xD

The whole Fall Maiden thing ended even more horribly than I thought it would. Oh god. Also, Adam's an a****** (who might have the ability to ignore Aura?), Blake got stabbed and Yang got brutally dismembered. Oh god. Nearly lost it during the decapitation scene... Oh god.

With that aside, Torchwick was more badass than he's ever been, but you've gotta admit the way he went out was kinda funny - I'm sure he'll Boba Fett his way out of it though. It was pretty touching to see him call out for Neo, showing that he might actually care about her. Also, we finally got to see what Velvet can do, and she's pretty awesome too, though I feel like she could've put up a much better fight after the hype with the 'Just watch'. Got to see Qrow's scythe form at last, and damn is it cool.

Next episode, we just have to see what Oz is capable of. He seems confident enough to be able to take on the upgraded Cinder one-on-on, apparently, so I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what he can do. However, I get the feeling that he's going to die before the other teachers arrive... It just seems like that sort of setup, you know?

Hopefully, Pyyrha still contains some small portion of the Fall Maiden's powers.

I guess you can say that Yang...

Just got DISARMED.

And is now hARMLESS.

In the end, she couldn't really lend a HAND to Blake.

too soon?

[spoiler=Response to things]

Yeah, that was a huuuuuge turn from how things had been. Things got pretty... Intense earlier, but this was a whoooooole 'nother game entirely. 

Cinder is officially ready to raise hell, which is bad enough. Ozpin will have to, at the very least, defend himself next episode if not fight entirely, cause it's going to take some... Bullshit to keep him from having to.

funk Adam. Literally just funk Adam. The dude is legit creepy, calling Blake his darling and sheet. I understand that was the intention, but every time his voice actor said it, it just made me shiver. Not a bad thing, it's probably a good thing... But funking hell. Plus he was able to cut through Aura. I think it might be his sword that's able to do it, but it could be his semblance. I think it's the sword though, something about it disturbs me. Maybe it's the fact that it funking stabbed Blake in the stomach and removed Yang's arm, I DUNNO.

Roman's "death" (Because I refuse to believe they would have such a poorly written death for such a popular character. It makes sense by in-universe standards, but damn that seemed lazy.)  was just annoying to me. It was funny at first, but then it was like... Wait, you can't be serious? Is that how you want to send off a character you JUST gave that much development... IN THE LAST, WHAT, 4 MINUTES? Was not amused.

Velvet's scene was funking awesome, and seeing her mirror the actions of the main cast from each trailer was cool to watch too. Qrow's scythe was cool to finally see as well...

Also Neo better be okay. ;-;

Archived