RWBY

I mean, his aura was totally depleted, so if he really was hit, his leg is pretty much funked. This means he won't be able to fight any time soon. Which... Is really frustrating, as the mid-season finale approaches.

Since this was seemingly their plan, his leg could totally have been armored or something. Hell, given the nature of his fighting style, maybe they are always armored under his pants.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, his aura was totally depleted, so if he really was hit, his leg is pretty much f***ed. This means he won't be able to fight any time soon. Which... Is really frustrating, as the mid-season finale approaches.

Since this was seemingly their plan, his leg could totally have been armored or something. Hell, given the nature of his fighting style, maybe they are always armored under his pants.

I doubt armor can help against a superpowered shotgun punch.

No, I'm pretty sure his leg is really broken, but who cares? Aura-assisted surgery is totally possible. Hell, for all we know Cinder can heal him with magic.

The rather nasty crunch sounds pretty much guarantees a leg break, as his aura is shown to be depleted (hence why he lost that round).

I think RT mentioned a few things that revolve around this particular incident though; one being Mercury's backstory, and the other being that he will be walking again next episode (because aura is OP).

Merc's backstory, huh?
Color me interested. I was personally hoping that we'd get at least some of it, possibly by Emerald, while she tries to guilt-trip Ruby about the incident. It would be a great occasion to show more of Ruby and Emerald's characters, and get some exposition on Merc's backstory. Three in one, it's too good to pass up.

It was obviously Amber, hiding the top half of her face didn't make it any less apparent. It seems to me like we're gonna get to see Cinder's attack on her and how she stole her powers.

...oh.  Didn't even realize it was Amber ._.

So the episode's starting to shape into something that holds Emerald and Mercury's backstory, to most likely learning Cinder's motives, to the attack on Amber and the subsequent power theft.

Oooo *grabs popcorn*

[spoiler=Thoughts on Chapter 7]

Even though it was primarily a flashback episode (I did say that I didn't mind this for reasons), I did enjoy it as it shed some light on some things, like how Cinder was able to get some of the Autumn maiden's power before Qrow "severed" the connection.

Though it wasn't until I rewatched the episode that I realised some of the events (ie the meeting with Adam) took place before the events of the Black trailer.

Another thing I found interesting was that it was shown that Emerald's semblance (creating hallucinations) has its limit as she had a headache after using her semblance on the two ambulance blokes so that they wouldn't see Mercury's prosthetic legs.

Lot of drama in this episode. Felt really bad for Pyrrha, she and Jaune are probably my favorite characters actually, so seeing that scene was nice and painful. I'm interested to see how her fight with Penny will go.

Weird of me to point out, but Mignogna should do more roles where he speaks in a low growl like Qrow. It's a good voice.

[spoiler=Thoughts on Vol 3 chapter 8]

It'd be interesting how the Pyrrha/Penny fight will go considering Cinder had something to do with it. But yeah I also feel bad for Pyrrha with the stress she has been under recently (what with the Autumn maiden thing). Not surprised that Blake took longer than Weiss/Ruby to trust Yang given her past.

Well they all obviously have to be there for their evil schemes and whatnot. I'm wondering why he just walked out to meet Ruby, and if it was to stop her from snooping around, a simple locked door could've done the same. Or perhaps they want to get her out of the way or something, as the team leader.

Well they all obviously have to be there for their evil schemes and whatnot. I'm wondering why he just walked out to meet Ruby, and if it was to stop her from snooping around, a simple locked door could've done the same. Or perhaps they want to get her out of the way or something, as the team leader.

Yeah, but Cinder specifically told him to lay low, and he said that he wouldn't. Either he had an idea she allowed him to put into practice, or he's playing a dangerous game. He already disobeyed Cinder once and she let him off the hook, not sure if she'll do it twice...

Archived