RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the RT servers wont load so I can't watch the new episode  :7592_key:

Edit: Finally saw the episode

[spoiler=Spoiler alert]

I have a feeling Neo was behind that Yang incident. She must have made the mercury Illusion. Kinda like how earlier there was a Yatsuhashi illusion. Maybe it was Em. Also Pyrrah should just say yes.

[spoiler=Thoughts]Well..... that happened. ._.

I'm still trying to figure out just how the people in the stadium (seemingly) bought Yang attacking Mercury unprovoked, and the only satisfying explanation I have right now is Emerald's semblance works way differently then I thought (since I still think she must've had something to do with the Yatsuhashi illusion and just assumed she can mimic things like people, but this would've had to cover and entire area).

Fight was about what I epxpected the moment I learned Mercury and Yang would be fighting

I fully expect Cinder to have been the one to attack Amber (helloooo last name being Fall), and I cant help but think the Winter powers might be running in the Schnee family, which would explain the hereditary semblance.

Though am I the only one who thinks how they explained the power passing on to a new person is kinda.... tacked on?

Finally saw the episode, but like the Yang/Tifa death battle, I didn't enjoy it as much sadly.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

- It wouldn't surprise me if Neo was involved in that incident at the end, influencing what happened and making it so Yang deliberately attacked Mercury.

- It's interesting that they chose Pyrrha to be the next Autumn maiden (It's what we call the season over here, don't shoot me for it), and I do think she should agree to do it despite the fact that she might not be the same person.

- Also remember when we learned Weiss' semblance is hereditary? With the revelation in this episode, I'm guessing the Winter powers run in the Schnee family.

[spoiler=Thoughts]Well..... that happened. ._.

I'm still trying to figure out just how the people in the stadium (seemingly) bought Yang attacking Mercury unprovoked, and the only satisfying explanation I have right now is Emerald's semblance works way differently then I thought (since I still think she must've had something to do with the Yatsuhashi illusion and just assumed she can mimic things like people, but this would've had to cover and entire area).

Fight was about what I epxpected the moment I learned Mercury and Yang would be fighting

I fully expect Cinder to have been the one to attack Amber (helloooo last name being Fall), and I cant help but think the Winter powers might be running in the Schnee family, which would explain the hereditary semblance.

Though am I the only one who thinks how they explained the power passing on to a new person is kinda.... tacked on?

[spoiler=thoughts]

I think someone made the illusion happen to yang and only yang, making her think Merc attacked, while everyone else didn't see the illusion and just saw Yang attacking merc.

[spoiler=My thoughts on Vol 3 Ep 6]
• Qrow saying "the one responsible for Autumn's condition" in a previous episode makes more sense now that we know that Autumn is a person (and wasn't just a butchered pronunciation of Adam).
• Pyrrha's "evil" face at the end of the previous episode seems to either be either an oversight or an intentional mislead, since the Pyrrha-appearing character did sound and "feel" like Pyrrha. Or maybe the character imitating Pyrrha is just THAT good at such.
• I speculate that PENNY was created by transferring a human aura into a machine, which would explain why PENNY is much more human-like than the other machines. Maybe Ironwood's "help" to creating PENNY was providing a human "sacrifice". (Maybe the human sacrifice was the actual daughter of PENNY's creator? Maybe PENNY's creator wanted stronger powers/strength/immortality for his daughter and chose to have her aura transferred to a robot body?)
• I'm glad to see that the show is finally starting to reach the "dark" feel the intro songs keep advertising.
• Did Yang break Mercury's leg? Sounds like she did. It's great to see him get his comeuppance for working with Cinder, even if nobody in the stadium audience knows that. Also, this adds support to the Crazy Theory that Ozpin is Mercury from the future.
• If the names of characters are anything to go by, then Winter is the Winter maiden, Summer was the Summer maiden, and Cinder Fall was Autumn's assailant and most likely to "naturally" gain Autumn's power. Either way, this still leaves Summer's and Spring's power unaccounted for.

Weird. Don't know how to explain whatever power was in use at the end there, but sucks for Yang to be framed like that.

Also, that's interesting lore with the 4 Maidens. Though I still don't really get why they chose Pyrrha. Is it because she's skilled and has good morals?

She's the best they have.

[spoiler=Also, personal guess as to what could happen next episode]So, I thought a bit about what will happen in Episode 7, and I have a few guesses. First off, Emerald will probably end up approaching Ruby to scream at and guilt trip her.

This means that the writers could take the opportunity to give us some backstory on Merc, maybe in the form of a sob story told by Emerald to make Ruby feel even worse. I can already see her crying about how Mercury comes from an abusive household and martial arts and his huntsman career were the things that saved him, and now he might remain crippled for life, with nowhere to go, his dream of becoming a Huntsman ruined forever...

All bullshit, of course, but Emerald is a great actress and she seemed to resent Ruby and her team for always being so happy. So, what better occasion to bring them even more misery? Besides, she seems to enjoy psychologically torturing people, if her "encounter" with Tukson is of any indication.

Weird. Don't know how to explain whatever power was in use at the end there, but sucks for Yang to be framed like that.

Also, that's interesting lore with the 4 Maidens. Though I still don't really get why they chose Pyrrha. Is it because she's skilled and has good morals?

It's based mostly on Ozpin's observations of Pyrrha's character.

"She's strong, intelligent, caring, and most importantly, she's ready."

Though with the convoluted rules that the powers abide by, it could easily be any other girl.

Very true.  Though, I do wonder what the possible consequences are if Pyrrha does go through with the procedure.

Loss of self-identity, or two souls swapping in the same body are just a few things that could happen.

I saw someone saying it would be like Piccilo and Nail from DBZ Abridged. I know Rooster Teeth wouldn't do that, but I would crack up laughing if they did.

I still find it wierd that Cinder's team would have two people with EXTREMELY similar Semblances. At this point, I'm starting to suspect that all the more "elaborate" illusions are in fact Cinder's stolen magic.

Semblances seem to be pretty limited in their effects, after all, and tend to have a visual manifestation of some sort. This looks like something much more complex.

Also, for some reason mind tricks don't seem to fit Emerald or Mercury all that much. Then again, neither does polarity really fit Pyrrha's personality so maybe it's not that.

At this point, I'm starting to suspect that all the more "elaborate" illusions are in fact Cinder's stolen magic.

This is very possible as well.

And honestly, I wouldn't call it very similar. We have seen a decent amount of how Neo works, and it has a very, very clear aesthetic. This doesn't match that.

And I would argue that mental tricks fit Emerald perfectly. Not Mercury, no, but Emerald is all about that stuff. Her persona toward the protagonists is almost saccharine, with all of her kind words feeling twisted to a knowing audience. This is further reinforced by her fighting style, as evidenced when fighting Coco. She toys with her enemy before sneaking in for the kill.

Tl;dr Emerald is super twisted and sadistic, and this really feels like her kind of power.

And, if Mercury really did get shot for this stunt, I wouldn't put it past her.

This is very possible as well.

And honestly, I wouldn't call it very similar. We have seen a decent amount of how Neo works, and it has a very, very clear aesthetic. This doesn't match that.

And I would argue that mental tricks fit Emerald perfectly. Not Mercury, no, but Emerald is all about that stuff. Her persona toward the protagonists is almost saccharine, with all of her kind words feeling twisted to a knowing audience. This is further reinforced by her fighting style, as evidenced when fighting Coco. She toys with her enemy before sneaking in for the kill.

Tl;dr Emerald is super twisted and sadistic, and this really feels like her kind of power.

And, if Mercury really did get shot for this stunt, I wouldn't put it past her.

Yeah, I phrased that wrong. Yes, Emerald is very sadistic (in fact, that sadistic streak of hers makes me think that she had abusive parents and that's her way of coping with the feeling of impotence: now that she's powerful, she lashes out at the world in that way. If you think about it, the signs are all there: devotion towards Cinder, who could be a sort of "substitute mother" to her, disrespectful and catty towards anyone else, like with Torchwick, and seems to resent team RWBY for "always being so happy": envy of some sort?).

It's just that this kind of power seems far superior to a simple Semblance. Usually, Semblances do something pretty defined and usually physics or combat-related, and have a clear visual cue (like Pyrrha's hand glowing black). This seems something on a whole other level. Of course, I might just be wrong.

So, I believe I can shed some light on what happened at the end of Episode 6. Now, I can't know everything, but I'm pretty confident in saying that what the crowd in the stadium saw was the actual truth.
Why is that? Because Mercury attacking Yang MUST have been a hallucination, since if it wasn't, Mercury being shot by Yang would be an illusion, that only Yang couldn't have seen. And to make an illusion that the crowd and the cameras can see, but anyone in the arena can't, you'd need to create a dome shaped "illusory screen" on which to project the illusion, otherwise Yang would notice it. But this is impossible, since such an illusion would not be convincing when seen from different angles, thus giving away the trick. This means it could have only been a hallucination, not an illusion. And in this case, since the cameras recorded everything, it's fair to say that the one hallucinating wasn't the audience.

Archived