• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to writing a fight scene with an NPC, I find that, unless they're going to do a moment of monologuing, or in turn a battle of taunting, there's not really much need to go into detail in terms of dialogue. Realistically you would find these warriors are too busy trying to beat the crap out of each other to spit fire.

In terms of what to write, it could not be more simple. If you are going for a fast-paced lockdown of trading blows, you needn't exceed the lines of simply describing exactly what it occurring at face value. If the fighters have a moment appart, you could bring some cognition here and have your character mull over the pain she has taken or inflicted, a battle strategy, etc.

Now, Nailah is fighting a Wolf. As Nailah stands, her melee alone may be enough to contend with the Wolf, if not the Wolf may be able to somewhat overpower her in terms of raw strength. Should you follow this road, you can easily don the Wolf with some sexist attitude, on the lines of women shouldn't be fighting. Of course, Nailah is the most powerful Vanguard in this group simply due to her magical prowess, and I can easily foresee her using this to her advantage. Of course, wolves are fast, so Nailah may need to be faster still.

Gah! Finally got the post out.

Your advice really helped Kyng! Thanks again! And sorry for taking so long Renegade.

No problem, in truth today was the first day in a great many that would have been able to respond in turn. So it worked out perfectly. 

And I think it goes without saying that your post was phenomenal. Very nice. 

Well Sonic, it isn't necessarily that they are actually boring, but more so that Quillan wouldn't like their formality and Man's mind is easily influenced, and thus easily corrupted by Quillan *insert evil laugh*

Glad that I can get back to being the humorous one :D I think I am going to love this mission 

Archived