A Certain Incredible Institute [IC]

Aix

"The only thing I need is an apology!" the pissed off mage continues shouting at the esper. "What's wrong with you anyway!? You should learn to look where you're looking especially when you're in a rush like that!" A curious thought suddenly went across the mind of the Fortune Mage. "Why are you rushing off like that anyway? You're not in trouble or something like that are you?" ("If this girl is in some sort of trouble. I can probably blackmail her or something and make her become my slave!")  The girl suddenly felt a really sudden chill. ("Hmm? What is this awfully bad feeling I'm having?") and as if to back up to her thought, she notices her Keystone shining mildly showing that there's bad omen happening near her, she clutches her Keystone hoping that her luck protects her from any harm. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere in Academy City

A top a large hotel building, two people met outside on the roof. "What did you call me out for?" demanded Isamu. The man in front of him was impassive, simply gazing in the direction of the school with his arms crossed. A middle-aged Japanese man who had reached his early fifties, he had a short grizzled beard and mustache and long black and grey hair, blown by the almost perpetual wind in Academy City, and despite his age, he bore a clear resemblance to the boy in front of him. Of course, this was Isamu's father, Akiama Hachirou, the CEO and founder of a large conglomerate and also, unbeknownst to most, an important sponsor of the Roman Catholic Church. Because this he held great sway in both the Science and Magic worlds.

"Is there any reason for me to want to see my son again?" he asked after a pause.

"Don't take me for a fool, I know you couldn't care less about me and you didn't give a shit about my mother either," Isamu said angrily.

"You are wrong," thundered Hachirou. The man turned to his son with a threatening look in his eyes. "Know that I decided to make you a part of God's plans and spare you from Judgment Day. You are nothing special, you hold no special traits or powers, but you are my son. The situation with your mother was unfortunate and it was partially your fault."

Isamu gritted his teeth, but said nothing. Judgment Day supposedly was coming as prophesied by the legendary Gemstone thoughtograph, Sybil. Despite being an esper, Sybil was a prized possession of the Church, while no other medium could see past the prophesied Judgment Day, Sybil displayed images of angels descending from the heavens to punish "the unworthy".

After another pause, Isamu asked again. "So why did you pull me away from my education and bring me here?"

"You need no education from heathens," spoke Hachirou. "The school shall be demolished. It is a blasphemy and shall doom us all should it remain standing. And here, again, I have pulled you, delivered you from the pagans of science, to safety."

Isamu widened his eyes. "What are you--" He was interrupted by a large boom from the school.

"Golems..." said Hachirou with a smile. "There is no bettter engine of destruction in an urban environment."

[hr]

Outside the Stadium and coming in.

Those who had fled outside were now faced with massive, ten-foot to fifteen-foot figures rising out of the ground, composed of earth and concrete and pulling in any other solid material nearby to strengthen themselves. They began advancing upon the crowd, each footstep causing a massive boom that could be heard even from inside the stadium, and they crushed anyone unfortunate enough to be close by. Farther back, watching the scenes from various nearby shops and buildings were their controllers, clad in black robes and chanting simultaneously.

"Oh come on, this again? Why doesn't Judgement ever care about this?"
Tsubasa looked at a certain dark alley. He then turned to his twin.
"Well," Tsubaki said, "let's hop into action!"

With that, the twins took a leap kick, heading straight into a Skill-Out's face. Apparently, four Skill-Outs were just about to gangrape a young girl. The girl stood unconscious and in her undergarments. It wasn't the first time this has happened. When Skill-Outs weren't beating the crap out of people, they were busy performing lewd actions on anything and everything that moves.

"Well, we rose from Level 0 by beating the crap out of Skill Outs," Tsubaki spoke while smiling.
"We'll rise once more!" Tsubasa continued

---

"Man, that was pretty brutal. Why do Skill-Outs love to rape so much?" Tsubasa questioned.
"I don't know. I remember the last time we were both almost raped," Tsubaki laughed a little, "man it felt hot..."
"Really, really hot," Tsubasa echoed.

And there they were. Stravgoll Institute.

They were right outside. Rock creatures. Huge rock creatures.

"What is this, Attack on Titan? Well, no time for jokes! Hmmm... think scientifically..."
Tsubasa thought hard.
"I am unable to detect AIM fields nearby. With this power level, I should. This isn't the work of an Esper..." Tsubaki paused, "according

---

"Hmph. Distractions, distractions..."
Shinka looked at the two, still fighting. More people appeared to join. She looked at Yoshirou.

After some odd chanting, two identical eldreitch abominations appeared. Their temporary eyes burst, then reformed, just like bubbles. Tentacles wiggled throughout their solid-liquid bodies. These were Shoggoths, servants of the Great Old Ones.

The abominations proceeded towards the battlefield...

Inside stadium, near middle row

Sam clenched his teeth as William's attack hit the charging esper. "I really, really don't want to get involved with this madness, but people are really getting hurt..." Still, he stayed in his seat as he observed the events unfold.

Suddenly, there was a loud boom that seemed to come from outside the building. It was immediately followed by several more. "What in the hell is THAT?!" And then he heard the screaming from outside, which somehow managed to be audible even over the panic in the building. He looked around the stadium quickly, taking in Yoshirou and William, the mage spewing shadows, the guy with the extremely loud music- and what in the world were those tentacle-y things? Whatever they were, they were heading towards William and Yoshirou, and they didn't seem like espers going to help the Judgement officer.

"OK, this is getting bad. I've got to help somehow...but where? It's not good in here, but it sounds like there's some big baddies out there..." He looked at the tentacle monsters again. "Yoshirou's focused on William. He doesn't need those things messing with him." With that, he quickly removed his remaining shoe and sock, stood up, and began pushing his way through the row of seats to the aisle. When he reached it, he started walking towards the stage, activating his ability as he did so. A few seconds later, his body consisted entirely of the wood from the floor, and he took off running. Looking at the monsters, he yelled "Hey, uglies! Over here!"

5UWQW5u.png

[hr]

Kerri - Location as of this post:  The Twin Golems

[hr]

The bland, blue haired girl stared at the handsome-looking Yoshirou as he delivered his speech in awe.  "Fascinating," she thought, "Although the lascivious way he said magic really doesn't do a whole lot to put them in a good light..."  She chuckled over her use of a big word, lascivious.  It was quite obvious from an onlooker that she actually had no idea what the word meant;  it only had just popped into her mind and she used it just as any other adjective.

Something about that man's eyes bothered her, however, to an extent that she couldn't help but look away as his gaze swept over where she stood.  Her hands drifted to her skirt and held on to the hem, as if to give her some sort of feeling of safety, though it did no good.

So she waited around awhile, passing around nonchalant comments to any students that managed to cross her path, almost happy that there were so many people around.  The other students made her feel a little bit comfortable, knowing that magic was out in the open.  No one cared about her esper status here, which pleased her.

...some time passed, and after almost falling completely asleep, she felt herself being thrown outside.  She rubbed her head, spat out a tired curse to her thrower and turned around, only to see herself being nearly flattened by the foot of a golem.  She rolled away and started running, looking behind her in horror as the two golems wrought havoc on the environment.  She kept running, never bothering to look forwards, and eventually reached a shop, where she ran into a black-clothed figure in a robe who seemed to be in deep concentration.  Clueless, she tackled the figure into the ground.

"Oh my god!  I'm so sorry," she said in her trademark panicky voice.  "D-do you see those golems out there!  They're killing people!  You have to come with me, and fast!  We need to tell someone!"  Without so much as waiting for the figure to respond she grabbed him by the hood and started dragging him towards whoever she could find next, obviously clueless as to the figure's true nature.

"Sorry... err sorry," Yumi replied, embarrassed that she had been irresponsible in her haste; she usually wasn't like this. What was surprising was that the girl was interested in Yumi's own plight. Funny, in my old school people usually came to me for help. A faint smile formed on Yumi's face, though before she could reply, the scene that was going on behind the other girl. The loud, earthshaking steps from afar... and the strange humanoid beings rising up from the earth.

"I think..." Yumi said quietly, the surprise as plain as day on her face. "I think you should get to safety..."

One of the teachers was being threatened by one that just formed nearby; it was the teacher who Yumi ran by on the way out here, in fact. As if by instinct Yumi activated her ability, turning the boots on. Once she was hovering, Yumi ran forward at top speed, similar to how fast she was this morning. It was fortunate for the teacher that Yumi had put on the gyroboots, as she was able to grab him and get him out of the way before the creature's arm could strike him.

Once out of the creature's immediate threat range, the teacher fled for his life, leaving Yumi to wonder what was going on. "What *are* those things?"

Rangi dashed through the courtyard, occasionally needing to dodge the attack of a stone-spirit.

"Good grief, this is just madness! This makes the more recent pirate attacks look like bullies!"

He clutched tightly onto a piece of hair he had "acquired" during the chaos, and was running as far away from the disorder as fast as he could, making sure to note that the magi's summoning the stone-spirits must be nearby, somewhere. He felt like he could deal with them easily enough, if he could find them. But right now, that's not his objective. He needed to keep the magi with the shadows from causing any more trouble.

A couple of turns later and he was behind a building, on the other side of the campus. He took a few deep breaths, settling his mind and spirit. Quickly, he began to speak out loud.

"He hōnore, he korōria ki te Atua
He maungārongo ki te whenua
He whakaaro pai ki ngā tāngata katoa
Hangā e te Atua he ngākau hou
Ki roto, ki tēnā, ki tēnā o mātou
Whakatōngia to wairua tapu
Hei awhina, hei tohutohu i a mātou
Hei ako hoki i ngā mahi mō tēnei rā

Amine."

Through the thin-ish fabric of his shirt, a semi-large cross could be seen shining brightly as he spoke. By the time he finished, it had dulled down, but could still be seen illuminated. He held out his had in front of him as far as he could reach, and focused as hard as he could. He could do it. He had faith. He'd... never tried it before, but that means nothing. He can do it!

Inside the stadium, a light began to slowly envelop the shadow-controlling troublemaker. It suddenly flashed bright as he disappeared, with his lack of presence causing his magic in the area to disperse. With another bright flash, he reappeared in front of Rangi, with his back to the tan magi. Rangi himself took a step or two back in surprise, as he didn't exactly expect it to work so flawlessly. In that instant, he bolted, yelling back to the most-likely confused magi.

"Thanks for coming! Bye!"

With any luck, he didn't get a good look at Rangi's face, meaning he wouldn't come back for revenge later.

...Ah. He probably saw my back... I should probably change into my uniform later. I should have done that anyway.

Pushing all thought out of his mind, he dashed towards the stone-spirits, knowing that their magi's had to be SOMEWHERE nearby. And with any luck, they'd provide the clues he'd need. He changed course towards a nearby 2-story building, hoping to gain height to help in the search.

"Gah. Such a chaotic first day..."

Outside of the Stadium

This was an interesting turn of events. Taha was getting way more data than he ever thought he would. He was finally getting a chance to see Yoshiiru' ability at work, shadow magic, some other series of arcane magic, grotesque summonings, and he even picked up on some technological readings coming from the exit.This was good though or better yet bittersweet. Because as much data was piling in there was he was going to have to sort it and deal with it in some way. His head sunk down upon this realization. So what took him a second were these loud noises coming from outside the stadium. He stroked his chin as he was wondering what was going on outside. This lead to a decision that had to be made. Was he going to ignore the outside to focus on these events here or was there seriously something noteworthy going on outside. 

Taha stood up and looked to the outside. Well why not get the best of both worlds? He said out loud to no one in particular. He grabbed his the rail of the stadium aisle he was on. A group of nanobots crawled down the rail and imbedded themselves on the stadium wall. This way he would be able to record both instances at once. After bypassing a lot of innocent bystanders he made his way outside to see the actual golems that were attacking people. Ohhh....kaaaaayyyy. He said more than slightly confused. In fact he was gobsmacked at the thought of what was happening. Sadly it seemed like all of the high level combat Espers were busy squaring off with what Taha assumed to be high level mages. He took a long heavy breathe as he was about to go into a real intense combat scenario. Let's doooo this!! He yelled trying to pump himself up to new levels.

With that he charged in running up to one Golem. Using his Hyozanryu contacts was trying to scan the golem to see if there were any specific weaknesses. Of course there weren't any, why would this be easy for him? One Golem he noticed was about to attack some other Espers. He thrusted his arm forward and from his wrist a swarm of nanobots shot out looking like locust swarming their prey. They quickly consolidated in front of the golem and made what appeared to be a large 8 ft tall egg. As the golem stepped back and viewed the egg. Taha snapped his fingers and the egg split down the middle and Hyozanryu revealed himself with a loud roar. Taha was a tad smug because Hyozanryu clocks in 8 ft tall while these golems seem to be 15 ft on the high end. Hyozanryu could easily make short work of these constructs. 

Taha made a slashing motion and Hyozanryu quickly slashed the golem to pieces like it was a hot knife to butter. Well that was quick. The other students that the golem was about to destroy ran for cover. Taha was happy because he felt useful. He slanted his eyes and looked back to the fight that he thought was over and and winced as Hyozanryu was sent flying backwards. Once he looked around he saw that the golem had completely reformed quite instantaneously. Hyozanryu went back and completely tackled the beast but that didn't seem to matter as it was an entity that didn't really feel pain. Hmmm so it must be controlled by something. But what? I see no remote of any kind, not picking up any kind of radio signal, seriously what's going on here? After seconds of thought he figured out that the source of these golems is magic. Though it really was just process of elimination. I guess that makes sense. The magicians are leading a coup'. First make a scene on the inside leading people to the outside to be ambushed by whatever these are. He stroked his chin as he realized that he was going to have to deal with this situation in a more creative aspect. He walked closer to the fight ever so scared and he picked up a very small piece of the golem that did not come back to its maker. As he felt the material he noticed that it wasn't anything truly special just concrete and other dense solids. Taha looked back to the Golem Hyozanryu was battling. The beast was acting similarly to the nanobots. It was assimilating other solids to make itself stronger. Taha nodded in seeming approval. This magic isn't that new at all, I got this. 

Due to his mental control of Hyozanryu the dragon already knew what to do. Hyozanryu took a massive bite out of the the beast and flew back to its master. Taha smiled and looked and tapped his band twice to look at the time. Yep I think that's game. GGNR he shrugged as the golem was charging at him. The golem took a swing at him, but before the arm could connect it fell off and just fell to the side. The Golem was slowly being eaten from the inside out. Silly magicians, while the act of creating these constructs are magical the material that went into them isn't. Eventually the golem had become more nanobots that Taha just recalled into his wrist band. It was another bittersweet moment. Sure he defeated the golem but whoever seeing as he can't find who was controlling this thing nothing is keeping him for making another one. Taha doesn't really have the energy to constantly keep this up. Have to think of a plan at some point.

Inside the Stadium, near the stage.

"This is getting completely out of hand."  Blackmoore had at first been focused entirely on his attempt at dueling Aegis, but he couldn't exactly afford that.  All around him madness had ensued, it was almost poetic how chaos had broken out when he'd expended so much energy casting chaos related spells.  The cage of shadows had been summoned, its summoner had been torn away from the field of battle thus causing it to fall, two collections of tentacles had been summoned as well and were moving down towards himself and Yoshiou, the boy he'd struck with the winds of chaos was lying in critical condition on the ground, and the sounds of battle could be heard just outside the stadium.  Hell, looking out the ground-level entrance he'd passed over to get to the floor he could see Golems outside.  "My duel will have to wait.  Let's hope Aegis has some sense."

It was good that he returned his attention to Yoshirou right as the fellow began charging him.  Those air slashes sent his way were NOT something he wanted to experience, and once more he found it worth his time to use one of those spells he'd saved up.  He could always charge more of them up later.  His left hand positioned itself between the two, and an instant later a barrier composed of that same blue-white energy that he'd slid down earlier snapped into being and absorbed the blows.  Of course it was left in something of a weakened state thereafter, but it would at the very least absorb another strike and hopefully get his foe's attention.

"I do not speak often, so listen as there will be no repetition," he began, eyes focused on Yoshirou.  He couldn't guarantee that he'd listen but he had a feeling the fellow would want to hear what he had to say.  "We can no longer afford our duel if we want this institute to remain standing by the day's end.  I have a proposition for you.  I will assist you in restoring order, and in return you are obligated to answer my challenge well and proper once the situation has been dealt with.  If you'd like my recommendation, we should handle the situation outside first.  There are Golems, artificial creatures of stone or some other inanimate material given life by magic, attacking the fleeing student body.  There will be magi controlling them nearby, and if they are dealt with their constructs will cease to be."  All he could do now was have faith that Yoshirou was reasonable enough to listen to him.  Maybe that was a foolish thing to have faith in, but it was their best chance of handling the situation with minimal loss of life to the civilians.

[b]Inside the Stadium[/b]
Yoshirou paused, his sword stopping mid-swing towards Blackmoore. He was about to respond with a barb, but stopped himself. There were indeed some sort of disturbance outside, he could catch what looked like blocks of concrete through the entrances to the stadium, hear the sounds of screaming and the booming noises which sounded like footsteps matched his imagination of rock monsters. Yoshirou stood up from his stance and brushed himself off. "Hm. Civilians are not allowed to take part in Judgment work, but if you are willing to step aside for me to sort out this chaos out first, then, very well, this duel shall be delayed until later,” he said. With that he walked over to the edge of the cage, dramatically slashing open a rift for him to walk through and ran off to the entrance.

Inside the Stadium

As Yoshirou began walking towards the ground-level exit of the Stadium, Will made his way in that direction as well.  He wasn't about to be left out of this and possibly implicated in some sort of conspiracy or other, it wasn't hard to tell how the Media could make this look like some sort of attack by Magi against the Espers.

"Well, if Civilians can't involve themselves in this just say you deputized me should you happen to need to explain why a magician stepped in and did part of your job for you.  Because you're a right eejit if you think I'm not going to get involved."  Thus it was that when the two of them reached where the shadow cage had been, the teleportation of its creator causing it to fall away to pieces with little trouble at all, Blackmoore broke into a full out run outside.

Outside the Stadium

Once he'd reached the outside he paid little attention to the golems and simply ran right past.  He didn't much care if Yoshirou was going to follow his advice or not, just that the problem got taken care of.  Yellow eyes darted about trying to find the controllers, and that wasn't exactly difficult.  From where he was he could see at least a dozen black-robed figures atop the roofs of shops and buildings nearby.  Well, at least they were making themselves easy targets.

Briefly, he looked over the tattoos on his arms to make sure he remembered how many spells he had left.  One of his four stored offensive spells had been used, and two of his defensive ones.  Might as well use up at least one more attack for this.  He targeted the closest of the black-robed magi controlling the golems he'd run past, still running to make sure he wouldn't be caught by one of the beasts, and threw his right hand out towards him.  That same chaotic energy he'd attacked with before formed, briefly, into a spear-like shape just before his palm only to go hurtling through the air towards its target at three times the speed of sound.  With any luck, it would strike home and explode with sufficient force to if not kill the magician then to at least interrupt the spell which was keeping his own golem alive.  Still keeping himself moving, Blackmoore watched and waited to make certain he'd taken this foe out before selecting another target.

Inside the stadium

Sena, whose weak physical strength meant she was left behind when the initial wave of escaping students. So, as Yoshirou's fight rages on, she was still inside the cage. It was only after Yoshirou sliced it open she began running towards the nearest exit. "What's going on? Why is everything so... chaotic? This is just the first day, right?" She thought to herself as she escaped the stadium.

Soon enough, she escaped the stadium at pretty much the same time as Yoshirou and the white-haired mage.

Outside the stadium

Witnessing the carnage outside was way more than sickening to Sena's weak psyche. The moment she saw the golems tearing the area apart, she almost puked in shock and horror. She tried to stay nearby  the stadium entrance, but she can't stay there for long after noticing one of the students nearby about to be crushed by a golem. Without much thinking, she stepped in and activated her esper to protect said student.

The golem stopped dead in it tracks, it's left leg half-lifted in the air but unable to come down. Of course, this means the student was stopped as well. "Sorry.. But this is for your own safety, too." She said, trying to reassure the student. 

Fortunately, the controller of the golem did not notice that his golem cannot, move, and so he tried to lift it's right leg. Thus, in a spectacular display of stupidity, one of the golems was brought down to Earth, collapsing on its side and destroying almost all of its right side. After feeling that it's quite safe, Sena turned off Clocktower Queen to allow the student to run. 

"*cough cough* I might just collapse like that any moment now..." After exhausting a lot of her energy to bring the golem down, Sena felt her consciousness slowly fading away. It might just be due to her lack of sleep, but it maybe something else. She felt that she can no longer run, so she staggered towards the nearest building. Unbeknownst to her, her esper ability activated itself again, out of the sheer will to protect its host.

After about half a minute or so, she found an empty building with only a Black Robed Man who seem to be chanting something inside of it. Her instincts tell her to go stop him, but she can barely lift a finger, so she slumped at the building's door. 

Jinichirou had pretty much been swept along with a relatively large group that had begun leaving the stadium once the fight had started. Still half-asleep, he had ambled along, barely aware of his surroundings. That is, until the series of massive booms reached his ears. "What now?" he complained, slowly looking around him. Upon spotting the source, he did not appear surprised, alarmed or otherwise visibly fazed by the fact that massive beings made up of rock and earth were now bearing down on the crowd, crushing those unfortunate people that happened to be close by. Instead, all he did was briefly acknowledge them through a brief raising of eyebrows and a small smile followed by the words, "They sure aren't pulling any stops with the first day, are they?"

Indeed, Jinichirou was not at all distressed by this seemingly disastrous turn of events. The reason for this, however, was slightly more ridiculous. Being completely unfamiliar with how opening ceremonies for normal schools were supposed to work, let alone a school like this for magicians and espers alike, Jinichirou wrongly assumed that having such momentous events occurring during the course of the ceremony was the usual standard. How that would seem logical to anyone is debatable, but at the current time, this was concrete in his mind.

At any rate, Jinichirou decided, he would have to work out the exact details later. At the moment, there was danger in the air and much to do, like taking on some of those...golems? If he remembered correctly, that was the technical term for it. "Right then," he murmured, fumbling in the canvas bag his guardian had given him before pulling out a small container filled with, oddly enough, various origami animals. "Just where did you hide to...A-ha!"

Whipping his arm upward at the exclamation, he held aloft a small red origami crane.  Quickly replacing the container into the bag with his free hand, he stood, calm even as the golems edged ever closer toward his location. Throwing the crane upward, Jinichirou then focused his mana, directing it into the origami bird. As the thing began to glow a bright crimson, flames began to encircle it and the acrid smell of smoke emerged from the close proximity of paper and fire. "Hey!" Jinichirou called to the still-floating crane, "stop being so stubborn and come out already!" 

There was a sudden pause, and then the fire practically exploded outward, although had anyone been close, they would have been unharmed by it. Jinichirou tensed at the sudden blast of heat, but remained where he was as the flames continued to writhe before assuming the outline of the legendary avian known to most of the world as Suzaku, the Vermillion Bird. Of course, being only a spiritual body composed of mana, the Bird itself was solely red from head to toe and outside of the general shape of its body (which appeared most like a cross between a peacock and phoenix), it was hard to exactly distinguish its features.

The Vermillion Bird threw back its head and gave a long shrieking cry. Jinichirou waited until it had finished before approaching the massive bird spirit (which was approximately 7 1/2 feet tall itself)  and grabbed a hold of one of its legs. "Up we go," he said and the avian obeyed, taking flight with strong flaps of its wings. Surveying the situation now from on high, Jinichirou noted that this situation would most definitely prove difficult, especially considering the time limit for Suzaku's materialization. "Geez, what were they thinking, making us do something like this so early in the day?" he asked even as he directed Suazku's attention to the golems with a sharp downward wave of his hand. 

With another loud shriek, the spirit once again flapped its wings. Instead of rising higher in altitude though, the flames surrounding the creature rose up higher in a brief instant before plummeting down in a shower of burning spheres. All of them collided with the three closest golems in various parts of their upper torso. Jinichirou was pleased to note that a few of them had been what Mizukawa-san, his guardian, had called "headshots", which he took to be some huge accomplishment if he succeeded in making one.

Still outside the stadium/arena/auditorium

--

"Well, just be careful next time.." The girl obviously had something she's worried of based from her tone. The girl noticed the sudden change of the facial expression of the person she's currently talking to. "I think you should get to safety..." says the girl whose wearing the robotic boots. "Eh?, what's wrong?" Cheria tilted her head to the left in curiousity of the girl's change, not a minute later, an extremely chilling feeling ran across her body. The girl turned around only to see the multiple numbers of Rock figures destroying the area around her. "What...what is this..." the girl was obviously surprised. She looked back again thinking that she could escape with the other student. "These things weren't here earlier! Hey, we gotta-"  surprisingly. the girl who she was just talking to had disappeared, Cheria looked to her left and saw the girl rescuing a familiar face, it's the teacher that was blocking her way earlier. ("Crap!, now I'm all alone!")  thoughts swarmed her head, ("My power's supposed to keep me away from these things...how is this happening now?") obviously confused, the girl decided to make a run for it but before she could even get away from her current position. A shadow of a large figure dimmed  the place she's standing on, a golem is already about to make it's move and pulverize the young mage. "Ack! Not good.." if others were to see the state the girl is going to be in, they could assume that it's too late for her to even escape what's coming to her. Right before the rock figure's blow hit her however, a part of the nearby building fell apart and hit the golem, causing it to fall. The girl barely made it  'Whaa...Haha! Thank youuuu fortune!" the girl quickly makes her way out of the area, activating her Beckoning Cat Charm, making her even luckier than she already is.  

The young mage continued running, ignoring the screams of help she hears and prioritizing her life. "I don't really like this..but I don't have a choice.." ​ the mage stopped to hide in a unpopulated building. "That place should do the trick!" seeing as the building as somewhat a safe place to hide on. The girl makes her way to the empty building. While nearing the empty building she sees a girl collapse on the building door and a black-hooded figure inside the empty building. "Guh...I can't ignore this...not this time." the mage rushes to the girl's aid.  

Inside the Stadium...

In all regards to the chaos that ensnared the students inside, Chronix grew so tired and disgusted by what has occurred. First a magician disgraces the magic users by causing this ruckus, which would no doubt hamper Chronix's goals, making the gathering of resource materials and information slightly harder. But of course, he probably couldn't comprehend that Espers would be so willing to allow magicians into the Institute in the first place. In fact, he was lucky that he applied to be a teacher's aid so he could reach more places for information on what he wanted. But it doesn't help that the ordeal between Espers and Magicians are occurring inside the Stadium, including the moment when a huge ray of wind broke through the dark cage and reached the back. Certainly it annoyed Chronix, for what if it hit him?

Gathering his books and placing it inside a satchel that hung by his side, he brushed off his black robes and gave a disappointed look around. Some of the students were probably injured, while the staff most likely didn't care. Natural Selection seems to be a common factor in the Institute, or some notion like that. The concept ran through Chronix's mind once, and felt it was finally time to leave. Seeing that everyone was finally running out, he'd care less about the safety of the others, and headed outside the Stadium; unaware of what was going outside previously, he looked up and saw a large group of golems running amoke, and behind them, their hooded controllers.

Outside the Stadium...

Dani was hiding behind some containers gasping for air when he first saw the golems. Panting under his breath, he occasionally switched glances back and forth from the golems to their summoners in hoods whom were the main target. Dani slouched back behind his cover, and finally gave a sigh of relief. He felt that he was safe, but for how long.

"I don't get it... If this school is suppose to bring magicians and espers together, then why is this happening? Who are those hooded bastards? And why did that one idiot have to cause such a stupid ordeal in the first damn place?! Dammit!"

While Dani cowered behind the container, he brought his knees together and hugged them. He wanted this to be over as soon as possible. But then he thought, people were going to be harmed with the golems running around, and who knows what those summoners could do if they could summon golems, and other things like that. He let go of his knees, and looked over, and saw several people fighting against the golems and began targeting the summoners. He saw two people teleported out of there, one of them suddenly leaving. He also saw a fully black robed man, however he seemed different from the summoners on the other side of the courtyard.

"... Gah! I don't want to, but I-I... I have to do it!"

Running from behind the safe container, he ran up to join the other fighters who were attacking the intruding golems and summoners.

Inside the Stadium...

Gin continued making his way up the isles, watching Chronix, while shaking his head rhythmically with the music. He had almost made it near the exit, when another mage suddenly appeared, this one  using some sort of dark magic to create armor from bone. As the boy signaled Gin to stand aside, the shadow mage became enveloped in a vial of light. The world around Gin seemed to spin, as his stomach seemed to do a triple back flip  "Huh?"

Somewhere outside Stadium, but not where the others are ...

"Thanks for coming! Bye!"

When Gin reopened his eyes, he was shocked to find that he had somehow been warped to another area of the campus. Turning to face the owner of the strange voice, his eyes turned to large white circles, as a male student dashed away , presumably back towards the courtyard. Once the boy was out of sight, Gin wiped the drop of sweat that formed at the side of his face, before chuckling to himself. "This is really is a fun place..." 

With that, Gin began walking in the direction the boy ran, using the sounds of battle as his guide. As the shadow mage neared the courtyard, he noticed a hooded figure in the window of a nearby shop. His eyes narrowed as he recognized the feeling of a mage casting a spell. "What do we have here?" Smiling, Gin stealthily climbed through one of the shop's open windows, using the shadows  to sneak his way into the room the hooded man appeared to be hiding in. 

Mana lingered in the air, as the man peered out of the shop's window, looking out over the school courtyard, complealty oblivious to the boys presence. Taking a moment to listen to the man's chant, Gin silently dipped his hand into his shadow, which rippled like water to its master's touch. Yanking his hand free from the hazy black pool, Gin now brandished four pitch black blades that seemed to resemble throwing knifes. "Why hello there, you look lost...

"

Not waiting for the enemy mage to respond, Gin swiftly tossed his blades into the man's back, before tackling him through the window, shattering the glass, and sending the two fly towards the ground.

Outside the Stadium...

As the two figures fell, the first things Gin noticed was the boy ridding the Phoenix, and the Aegis, who had left the Stadium to join the fray. Completely ignoring the man who he had tackled , Gin manifested his shadow as a large hand, that promptly opened in order to break his fall. Landing in front of the Stadium exit, the boy smiled at the Aegis, before pointing over his shoulder at whatever had become of his hooded victim. "It looks like somebody decided to crash our party, Yoshi-kunThe boy purposely spoke loud enough for all those around to hear, as he addressed the Aegis like an old friend. "Those Golems aren't gona stop, unless we stop these guys, you know!"  

Gin began to go into deeper explanation about the Golem spell, but cut himself off once he noticed Chronix making his way towards the exit. Smiling, the Shadow- meister abruptly walked away from the conversation, flaring his mana as a he moved towards Chronix, a mage's challange.

"I see..." Shinka spoke as she headed out. As a Shoggoth was being hit by a stick, it literally consumed the minute pile of wood in a grotesque manner. So grotesque, one's blood would curdle by even describing a single step of the process.

As the Shoggoths noted that everyone was beginning to head out, they followed. Upon sighting the rock beasts, the two Shoggoths proceeded to start dissolving a foot. In a manner of seconds, a Golem fell, lacking a leg.

---

"What are those? They look familiar..." Tsubaki pointed to the grotesque pair of spheres.
"I don't know. However, I do have a plan..." Tsubasa smirked.

They faced each other and smiled. Next, they hopped and unsheathed the swords from the scabbards underneath their skirts, jumped on the abominations, and bounced upwards. They then proceeded to slash the napes of the Titans Golems, before landing on the ground.

"I highly doubt that worked. If magic does exist, these are mythological creatures, likely to be gnomes, golems or giants. I think I remember something in a-"

Tsubasa was then interrupted by Tsubaki.

"No more random references. We need to be serious here."

Next thing they knew, the angered, grotesque beings were crawling straight for them.

"We're sorry!"

An odd language was heard among the ruckus, before the eye-filled beasts retreated.

---

"I have a plan..." Shinka muttered under her breath as she began to place runes all over the vicinity, before she encountered some chick about to encounter a hooded man confronting a sickly lady, while her Shoggoths accompanied her.

Foolish beings deserve to be sacrificed to the Great Outer Gods... she thought as she grabbed a metal crowbar, ready to strike the hooded man's nape...

Just a few yards away from the golems and the stadium

"How filthy." Said an unfamiliar face. "Only a few minutes a late and the punishment are these redundant behemoths?" Mihoshi muttered to herself as she made her way towards the stadium entrance, ignoring the sight of the golems wreaking havoc. The large cross on her back did not seem to bother her much, as her walking speed remains the same. Mihoshi was too angry to care about any of the golems, but one tried their luck too far and tried to grab her from the front. 

Mihoshi gracefully dodges the golem's grab, throwing her stake-like cross on the ground at the same time. "How painfully stupid. At least, rejoice that you don't have a soul, lest my punishment be evermore painful." She said, while she prepared for the activation of Judgement. The golem looked down at Mihoshi, but it unknowingly made eye contact with her soul, thus activating Judgement. A  large magic circle appears underneath the golem, bringing him to a kneeling position in front of Mihoshi. The cross separating them began to lean to the left, as the sins the golem committed far outweigh the good deeds. Within seconds, the cross almost snapped in half due to how much it's leaning. 

"Of course. You are but a puppet to your master. Now, reveal your controller; Raptum Memoriam!" Mihoshi placed her right hand on the golem. She scanned through her memories, but as expected of a golem, it's empty. However, she managed to find an image of the golem's controller, a man dressed in some kind of black rope. With the process of Raptum Memoriam complete, the golem fell to the ground almost completely out of energy. She then removed her cross from the ground and returned back to her pocket. 

"How drab. It didn't even scream as it got punished. Hopefully the next one will be... better." Mihoshi let out an eerie grin, and proceeded to make her way towards the golem's controller, completely ignoring everybody she saw. After a while, she stumbled upon a shop where she believed the golem controller is. Before heading in, she saw that the man in question was being dragged away by a blue-haired girl.

"Sorry, miss," She dropped the large cross on her back onto the ground right in front of the black-robed man and the girl, kicking up dust in many directions . "But the one you're grabbing is a sinner who needs to be judged, so would you kindly go away?" 

Walking outside after the situation with Aegis and his opponent had seemingly been resolved and the shadow wall collapsed, Rin heard a guy outside yell something about some guys needing to be stopped before the golems would, she followed the direction that the shadow guy she had seen conjure the wall earlier had pointed, and noticed a few people dressed in full black and standing on the rooftops. Walking her way towards one of the buildings one was standing on, the golem that had just recovered from being hit with a building saw her and decided to try and slam her. As it's fists came down over her, she concentrated on her power and, as a shimmery look overtook her body, the fist came crashing down right on her. When the golem moved the fist to figure out if it had succeeded, she phased back into solidity and started to run past it for the building while the golem, not seeing anyone where its fist had been anymore, just moved on.

She continued and reached the building without any further worries, and ran inside straight to the elevator and took that up to the top floor, the highest level the elevator reached. Upon exiting the elevator, she phased again and floated up through the ceiling above her, phasing back once again as she cleared the concrete rooftop she was now standing on. In front of her she could see a man dressed entirely in black and chanting something in a language she didn't recognise, and as he was the only person on the rooftop, she walked forward, withdrawing her pistol from it's holster and clicking the safety off as she pointed it right into the back of the mans head before speaking. "I suggest you terminate your golem, otherwise you may find it forcefully terminated, along with your life."

"Perfect strike. Are you alright, child?"
Shinka had knocked the hooded man unconscious. She proceeded to turn to the sickly girl.

Next, she turned to the pink-haired girl.
"She would be safer with you than with me. I reccomend that you take her with you. Also, while you are at it, I do ask for a favour..."

Shinka, taking out a stack full of runes, then turned back to lady luck and dumping those on her hands, "if you want to save this city, aid by pasting these practically everywhere you go. I require cooperation to defeat the golems..."

With that, Shinka picked the unconscious man up, dumped him onto her pair of Shoggoths, who helped her carry him. With that, Shinka dashed off, while tossing runes around which pasted themselves onto the walls and ground alike.

With a large enough area, the Great Old One I am going to summon should be capable of defeating these golems...

--GM POST--

[hr]Right outside the Stadium

Arriving outside, Yoshirou immediately took in the situation. He could count twelve golems, and though it appeared a few of them had stopped their movement, dead, Yoshirou assumed, the rest still posed a serious threat to civilian safety. Most people had gotten out of the golem’s range, as they were quite cumbersome and slow, but a few were still up to their necks in trouble. “Get to work, Judgment!” he yelled at the close by Judgment members he could recognize. Before waiting for a response, he dived into action, in front of a golem’s descending fist, blocking it and pushing it back effortlessly by making his glove unaffected and unrestricted by concrete. Then, by making the golem unaffected by gravity, he was able to lift it and launch it at another golem nearby, releasing his power midair so that the golems collided with not only the momentum of Yoshirou’s throw but the force of gravity crushing down on them again as well. After looking around to make sure there were no other golems close enough to be a threat, he turned to the little boy he saved.

Poor kid, he thought. The kid was only a kindergartener, all scraped up from tripping on rubble and he was in a state of shock, beyond tears after facing mortal danger. Knowing that he would be needed elsewhere, Yoshirou picked up the kid and tossed him into the arms of a nearby Judgment member before surveying the scene and seeing where he would go next.

It left a foul taste in his mouth that many of the people fighting against the golems were non-Judgment members, but it could not be helped. Anti-Skill had yet to arrive and, frankly, he doubted Anti-Skill would be of any help here, the golems likely would not be fazed by a barrage of bullets and a riot shield would not help against a golem’s fist.

He saw the shadow-boy approach him and try to chat him up. Yoshirou felt a slight flare of anger seeing him as this boy was one of the main instigators of the trouble in the stadium, however this was not the time for internal conflict and Yoshirou let it go, the boy’s abilities would be useful in combatting the golems. The guy started to tell him something about the golems when something else caught the guy’s attention and he turned away.

Deciding to just ignore the guy, Yoshirou realized that the two golems he had smashed together had regenerated and were advancing on the crowd again. Sprinting over, Yoshirou made use of his momentum to push the golems even farther back to smash into more golems. Almost like dominoes, he thought, amused. But the dominoes got right back up, gathering the bits and pieces that had been knocked off them. However, he noticed that another of the golems have become stasis. He remembered Blackmoore’s words about the magi controlling them and that shadow kid had said something similar as well. Someone appeared to be taking care of these controllers, it seemed. Very well, I will delay these golems and prevent casualties while whoever takes out the magicians controlling these guys, thought Yoshirou. My first priority as a Judgment officer is the safety and evacuation of civilians. With that, he ran at the golems again, using Excalibur to cut the pile in two before they could get up. “Everyone, please evacuate the area and seek shelter inside the stadium. Judgment has arrived!” And despite their fear, there was a cheer of awe and relief as people recognized his voice and face.

[hr]Blind date and shopping with Kerri, Mihoshi and the Mage

The black-robed man was caught off guard as the girl approached him and was dragged off. Is she playing dumb? he thought to himself. Or is she really that clueless? Oh what the hell, I got to get back to my post. He was about to pull out his knife when another girl approached, with a large cross on her back. This one didn’t seem so clueless and recognized him for an enemy. “Me? A sinner? Ha, you stupid heathen!” Pulling the long and incredibly sharp ceremonial dagger out from his robe, he lunged at the Mihoshi, as he stepped, the ground rose, forming multiple spikes, following his dagger to strike his foe.

[hr]♫ Up On The Rooftop ♫

The mage froze as a gun was pointed at his head. Slowly, he put his arms up in a gesture of surrender and tried to step away. “What’s going on? W-w-why are you doing this?” he asked, pretending to whimper. As he was speaking, he was using his foot to draw a rune, obstructing his actions with the position of his other foot and his body. Suddenly, he stepped down onto the rune and the cement of the roof shot up forming a two-meter high, perfectly cylindrical wall around him.

[hr]Approaching the Institute

Ross Felgrave was late, quite late, he faced some difficulties as he got found out for being an illegal immigrant in Academy City and had to deal with the nearby patrolling Anti-Skill members quite promptly. It got worse when two nosy Judgment members who were espers tried to get in the way, but he took them down without too much of a problem, they didn't even know what hit them. Sighing, he rushed forwards towards the Institute carried by a miniature tidal wave of earth. I should arrive in about a minute or so, and already, I can feel that some of the idiots have been taken out. Damn imbeciles can’t do anything without me, he thought, annoyed.

Golem Battlefront, Up on the Rooftop

The mage in front of Rin cowered and stepped away from her a bit, seemingly acting innocent, before suddenly slamming his foot down on a rune she hadn't noticed until that point. Without knowing how runes work, she had to wait and see what the effect was, in this case a concrete cylinder rising up around the mage. Rolling her eyes at the sheer stupidity of some people, she walked towards the concrete cylinder, phasing as she reached it and just kept on moving straight through as if it wasn't even there. Once through and inside the cylinder with the mage once more, she phased back long enough to point her gun at his head again from behind and this time just fire the trigger rather than attempting to get him to surrender. He'd made his choice after all, and with all that was happening, she saw fit to end any further choices he may have in the matter.

[Outside the stadium]

Yumi began fighting against the golem in front of her.  With the gyroboots, she was fast enough that the golem was unable to get any hits in.  On the flipside, Yumi was unable to do anything to damage it; she was easily able to touch it and electrocute the magical construct, but it was unaffected by her attacks.  An opening was created, however, when out the corner of her eye, she spotted a cloaked man looking out of the window of the second floor of a building - above a shop of some sort.

Suspicious.

Her fighting had gotten her in the area of quite a few other golems, but in her current state, Yumi felt it was more important that she investigate the mysterious person who seemed to be watching her.  He made some subtle motions, and another golem started to attack Yumi, which just confirmed her suspicions.  She was worried about leaving the defenseless citizens alone with the creatures, but as if on cue, the spokesman from the introduction (who was the one challenged to a fight) emerged from the building and took charge of defending the citizens, freeing Yumi to pursue the shady figure.

Dashing off, Yumi headed towards the shop at top speed, and once she was close enough, she leaped into the air, 'landing' on the sign post protruding from the side of the building.  Fortunately, she was hovering, otherwise, it would had been harder to balance on the sign post.  She then jumped again, grabbing the windowsill and vaulted herself up into the open window.

[outside the stadium -> shop interior]

Surprised, the cloaked figure already began to panic, rushing out the room's door as Yumi entered the room.  Yumi gave chase, of course, following the figure down the stairs and into the shop proper, where she jumped over him and blocked him from leaving the shop.  Raising her right hand and forming a small spark of electricity in her glove, Yumi levitated forward a bit.  The shop patrons stood up in shock at the display and backed away from Yumi.

"Why don't you tell me what you're doing here?"

[shop interior -> outside the stadium]

Unknown to Yumi, one of the mystery person's associates was in the shop as well - also already discovered by another group of people. Sensing the danger, the hooded man lunged at Yumi, drawing a small knife from his cloak. Unable to react quickly enough, Yumi was shoved outside as she twisted to avoid major damage. The knife ended up cutting her left arm... but her right arm was free. Before the mage could pull away, Yumi's dropped her hand onto his head, and let loose the electricity. With no defense from the shock, the mage fell unconscious before Yumi, whose wound was revealed to be not too deep.

If I knew this would happen I would've brought that combat suit...

The Saint vs The Sinner

Mihoshi was taken by surprise when the mage lunged at her with a knife. Still, she was quick enough to dodge the blow and the spikes only serve to puncture her cross and make it stick to the ground vertically, thus fulfilling one of the conditions for Judgement. Now all she needed to do was bait the mage to touch the cross, or at the very least, look at it directly. "How insolent. Mages who believe too much on the power are as much a sin as murder." Mihoshi taunted the mage by spitting at the ground as she finished her statement. "Come on, are you afraid? Go ahead, strike me again." Mihoshi now stands directly in front of the large cross, obscuring it from the mage's view. "A dull knife like that will not hurt a saint such as I." Standing directly in front of her cross, she taunts the controller once again. 

The sickly girl and the lucky girl

Sena saw and heard everything, but she still felt too tired to move even an inch. Oddly, when the pink-haired girl came to her, she felt her strength slowly returning -still took her a while before she can get up, though. Following the departure of the mysterious lady, Sena stood up and looked at the girl beside her. "How do you do? I'm Sena, a second year student hear at Stavvgoll." She greeted her. Her voice is mostly back to normal and shows no signs of fatigue, but coughed multiple times after she finished her sentence. 

5UWQW5u.png

[hr]

Kerri - Blind Date with Sin and Justice ~ (Whoops, pre-post :( )

[hr]

"This person needs to be judged?  What do you mean...?"  Kerri looked down, still clueless, only to find the figure holding a knife, almost about to plunge it into her skin.  She yelped and nearly threw the man down.  The man seemed to ignore her and went straight for this new girl, attempting to kill her.  Kerri's eyes widened and she stood back, apalled.  "Such violence," she said, "Why?"

Kerri lunged at Mihoshi's attacker, activating her ability,"Broken Heart". Feeling invincible, Kerri brandished her full strength and knocked the assaulter down recklessly, grabbing his knife as it fell down.  The knife in question punctured through her hand; blood poored out through her wound, and she stared at it with interest.  "Y-yah... not the worst that has happened to me," she muttered, ripping the knife out of her hand.  Her wound glowed a soft pink and healed up, leaving a faint little scar as if nothing was there in the first place.  She brandished the knife against her opponent.  "I-I've got this, Miss Justice lady.  I'm pretty sure I can handle him, but I may need to call for your help if I actually get in trouble..."  Kerri smiled at her savior.  "Anyways, hi there!  My name is Kerri.  I'm a level three Esper with, well, Wound-O-Kinesis.  I guess that's the simplest way to put it?  I was the top med person back at my old school.  I just absolutely hate the sight of someone being hurt, but I guess I can make an exception today..."

Archived