A Certain Incredible Institute [IC]

Aix

-- GM Post --

Yoshirou froze with shock, he was just knocked over by some stranger and he was called a... Wait... what? This kid... His anger unleashed itself and using a burst of his power to make the guy weightless for a split-second, he grabbed Shiraga and tossed him into the air. "Don't you dare touch me," he said coldly. "You knock me down and you insult me? What are you trying to--"

"It was an accident, Yoshirou.  And to be honest, you aren't the most masculine of us here."  Will was wearing a bit of a teasing smile on his face, that little bit of fun he was having did well to distract him from the pain of the various second degree burns across his body.  Speaking of his injuries, the blood from the spots on his body where it had burst up through his skin was dripping fairly audibly onto the ground.  Eh, now wasn't the time to deal with his wounds.  His intention was to wait until this whole sordid affair was dealt with, and then convince someone to take him to the hospital.  He had a feeling he was going to need medical attention after all of this.  "Why, if it wasn't for your voice I might have mistaken you for a girl when first we met."

Yoshirou spun around, but he realized that Blackmoore was severely injured already, barely holding himself together, and any more and he probably wouldn't be able to cast spells. "Cheh, let's get going," said Yoshirou, returning to his calm stance. He would get back at these guys later. "Even you, white hair. We have a mission!" And with that, Yoshirou walked through the hole with a calm but proud strut in an attempt to salvage his dignity. He paused and turned back to face the group. "I threw another kid up here not too long ago, he should still be around."

"Uh, yeah, that dude is over here!" Dani shouted on top of the castle building. He never really found a possible way to get off, because he still was trying to find a way to get inside, until there was a huge hole blasted inside the wall from one of the other mages. Climbing down from the castle to meet up with the others, he quickly brushed himself off, and just stood there for a sec.

"Well... After all of you."

Shiraga, caught off guard by the sudden toss, took a half second to realize he was in the air once more and polarized himself, landing upright a few feet away. He actually barely caught a word of what Yoshirou said, on account of his iPod playing Three Days Grace in his ears, so he just chuckled and followed him and the rest of the group. He paused suddenly for a second, realizing he dropped his walking stick. He searched around and found it lying in the corner where it rolled. He held out his hand and the cane glowed purple as it shot back into his grasp. He partially unsheathed the hidden sword and quickly resheathed it - a habit he seemed to develop for no apparent reason, perhaps as a precautionary thing - and continued walking, the music from his earbuds loud enough to echo quietly throughout the cave system.

After wandering the castle, which wasn't that big, fortunately, the group arrived at the large top room of the building. Standing in the centre of the circular room was a black-haired man in black robes wearing shades. At his feet was a scrying rune, which the man gazed upon the destruction he was causing.

"They send a few kids to take me on?" The man seemed unamused. "I am going to make short work of you guys." That said, spikes shot up from the ground beneath the group's feet. Yoshirou quickly jumped while making the soles of his shoes impenetrable by earth, his arms shot out to the side to push those behind him back. Immediately, as they landed, more spikes emerged to pierce them from below.

Will used the last of his order spells to bring a ward into existence beneath his feet, and thankfully it was strong enough to support his weight.  This one was rather small, a disk less than a meter across, but it kept those earthen spikes from turning the mage into a shish kebab.  Rather than risk himself on the ground this time, Blackmoore sent himself levitating up into the air thoroughly out of reach of those earthen attacks.  He needed a good vantage point to attack from anyways.

Shiraga's impressive reaction time is a gift that has saved his life more than once, like that very moment. He was lucky enough that the first spike missed him while he was completely stationary. He quickly started to hop and swerve between rising stalagmites until he got pissed off enough to send a small repulsive shockwave out strong enough to topple the spikes.

Jumping back from the attacks, the adrenaline rush Dani had before just kept increasing, and felt super agitated and excited from the ruckus. The only part of him that was keeping calm was his prosthetic. When the first attacks finished, he broke those aside with a back-hand fist, which more came back and attacked him; jumping aside, punching those apart, more coming back, breaking those down, rinse, repeat. He was getting frustrated over the constant attacks with no break, but also at his weakness.

"We need to finish this now," stated Yoshirou. He leaped up and jumped off the air to avoid touching the ground or the spikes, closing the little range between him and the mage and slashing with Excalibur. Surprised as his wall of earth unexpectedly doing nothing to stop the sword, Ross Felgrave dodged barely in time, with large, but shallow slash across his chest.

"I could not agree more!"  Blackmoore shouted from above, fresh wounds having burst into existence across his body and dripping blood onto the ground below him.  Fortunately the three on the ground were keeping Felgrave busy enough that he had little to fear from those spikes of his.  His hands were pressed against each other in front of his chest, and the other mages could probably tell just by looking at him that he was preparing a spell to cast.  He wanted to make sure that their mutual foe was left thoroughly dead.

"With pleasure, blondie!" chimed Shiraga. He hopped onto a half-broken spike and leaped forward while drawing his cane sword, glowing purple as he followed Yoshirou's slash immediately with a whip of his blade in midair, forcing the space between him and the man to polarize instantly and heavily, launching the man into a wall with enough force to make the back of his head bleed. He then landed softly on a spikeless area and twirled his blade confidently.

Using the opportunity which Shiraga had given him by throwing the black-robed man to the back of the room, Blackmoore targeted their foe.  No words were spoken, he simply pulled his right hand away from his left and held it up above his head.  Within his palm, another of those spear-like projectiles formed of the pure stuff of chaos seethed and sparked before being hurled down towards Ross.  The already stunned mage would find himself briefly consumed by an explosion of those chaotic energies as the spear struck him in the already wounded chest.  Burns, lacerations, decay of his flesh in some spots, and of course a now even larger wound in the fellow's chest resulted.

Gin whistled as he watched the explosion of magical energy dissipated. Any normal person would have been defeated by such a assault , but one could never be too sure, when dealing with a mage of this level. Using the shadows to skate across the room, Gin met the wounded man with a brutal headbutt, which sent him flying  backwards, before finally tumbling into the wall with a crash. "You made yourself a pretty nice grave here!"  Gin's grin widened, as he slammed his hand onto the ground, channeling the very last of his mana into his shadow. Following it's master's final orders, the boy's shadow took the form of three spear like tendrils, that proceed to nail the the enemy mage into the wall. Satisfied with his art, Gin wiped the fresh blood that leaked from the side of his mouth, as he waited for someone to land the final blow. 

Seeing an opportunity, Dani started to run towards the mage, repeating his process of avoiding and breaking the attacks that came at him. When he passed by Yoshirou, Dani had a rushed look, from all the adrenaline he was getting from his body. He closed in on the mage, and aimed for a final attack, launching his right first at the enemy while shouting at him.

"You. Damn. BASTARD!"

Ross was knocked back and knocked out by the blow, but then his head also smashed against the wall. He slumped down, unconscious.

[hr]

Its mana source disrupted, the Typhon stopped moving. It was no longer able to support it's own weight, the tentacles suddenly, becoming hard and lifeless, cracked and broke off, crashing to the ground, chunks of its torso broke off in a small avalanche and finally, the body began to topple over... right towards the school...

[hr]

Noticing that the ground shook and was leaning over, Yoshirou yelled to the others. "Guys, evacuate the premises immediately! We have to get out of here! This place is falling apart!" The castle began to crumble. Not so good architecture after all, thought Yoshirou. The roof and ceiling caved in and Yoshirou had to block it with his power to prevent it from crushing him. As they were now outside due to the structure around them self-destructing, Yoshirou saw the diamond dragon nearby. Running and taking a few steps on thin air, he leaped onto the dragon, swerving back to get the others as well. "I have no clue how many this dragon can take, but get on anyway!"

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Date A.. Deep One... umm... I ran out.
[hr]
"Oh look, everything's going fine now. I guess everything was for nothing..." Shinka then unsummoned her Deep One and Shoggoths.

"I believe that we should keep a safe distance. Because it is... safe," Shinka thought logically. "I do not believe I should say anything that will enrage you in any way."

[hr]
KissxBliss Attack on Typhon
[hr]
"Well, this is goodbye..." Tsubasa began to sob.
The twins hugged Justice tightly, and began to act rather dramatically. "We will always admire you as our hero..."

Just then, Tsubaki's stray hair twitch. The twins let go and became serious.

"I have identified a few Espers around the vicinity...."

Tsubasa gazed around.

"You are right! They are trapped underneath. However, our abilities are not built for direct combat. However, we cannot let any casualties occur."

It's over! Everything's gonna be fine!- "I didn't even do anything! Haha!"

With the sounds of the creature (Typhon) getting destroyed. Cheria felt a "I didn't even do anything! Haha!" expression. Seeing as the situation seems to have been put at an end with no stress (At least for her) She looked at the other two people that's with her at the moment. "Well, looks like it's over...I'm pretty sure it's over..right?" though questioning, Cheria herself was sure that everything's fine, her power itself, tells her the same. ("All of these ended and all I did was run and fall on my ass. Hahaha") chuckling as Cheria thought of this. 

Sam spent the last minutes of the battle in a state of mild shock. First there was what could only be Mikoto Misaka's Railgun (his teachers had shown it in enough inspirational presentations for him to recognize it) obliterating the giant flame demon summoned by his former opponent, who commented that the monster may have destroyed the city otherwise.

Before Sam could close his gaping mouth and reply, he was distracted by shiny dragons carrying people up to the giant earth thing, followed not long after by its dramatic collapse. "Uh...wha...um..." He heard the second girl (Cheria, she said her name was) say something about it all being over. This finally broke him out of his shock.

"Um...yeah, I guess. Looks over to me. There might be some people trapped under the rubble our earth-monster friend left." He stepped towards the fallen leviathan, but stumbled and almost fell. His concentration broke and his ability deactivated, leaving a small cloud of concrete dust floating down around him. "Awe, geez, I'm pooped. And my back...I feel like my grandpa Joe." He noticed that his feet hurt as well, and saw the obvious reason for that when he looked down. "I've managed to leave my shoes inside, too. Wonderful."

He sighed, and sat down. "This whole thing didn't go great for me. All I did was beat up someone who didn't deserve it. Well, probably didn't. Did she mean what she said about her monster destroying the city? Who knows...and on another note, I wonder how much it's gonna cost to replace this uniform. This thing was brand new!" He flicked his eyes over to the demon summoner. "I guess we should just stay here, for the reason you so elequently expressed. And by the way, you never told us your name. I'd like to know who I've sworn to beat the crap out of someday.

"Shinka. Shinka Kuroki. I believe my name is of no importance..." Shinka then heaved a sigh of relief. "Hmm... what's this?"

A piece of paper flew out from under her skirt. She simply grabbed it. It was some picture of a blaster-type weapon.

"I almost forgot..."

Shinka put the paper back into her skirt.

"You two... I thank you... for being my acquaintances..."

A Subtle Ending

Taha suddenly felt a lack of resistance coming from the Earth beast. He could only deduce that whatever was controlling the massive beast had been defeated and that person lost all of his/her hold over the creatures magic. This was extremely good news indeed. Now he wouldn't have to worry about the automatic regeneration that was putting up such a stringent resistance. That and it seemed to save the lives of all the residents of Academic City. Naturally he saw that the chunks of earth/tentacles began to detach and separate from the main body. This served to become quite the calamitous event. Or so everyone would think. Taha looked at all of the falling  body parts and the solution to this problem started to reveal itself. The nanobots were already inside the falling debris they just had to eat their way out. This process in turn turned 90% of the falling deadly debris to harmless dust.

He snickered at his success but this was short lived. Through his linked vision he could see that the combatants who went inside the tower were barely able to function and needed an escape. Taha focused and while Yoshirou was trying to get everyone on the dragon, the army of nanobots rose up from beneath them. Without any magic defend itself this large mass of Earth was basically just food and data for Hyozanryu. The nanobots enlarged the Hyozanryu to the point its back opened up and swallowed the victors. This way the group would be inside the large diamond dragon and  not on it giving them more protection. It was pretty efficient mode of transportation or that is what he thought anyway. The dragon flew the heroes directly to the ambulances and safely dispersed. Once the group would be outside the dragon they would all see Taha bowing. 

Congratulations on your victory. Yoshirou san I have done my best controlling the damage from the tall tower I shall now leave this  to you and the rest of the members of Judgment. 

"Congratulations on your victory. Yoshirou san I have done m y best controlling the damage from the tall tower I shall now leave this  to you and the rest of the members of Judgment." Gin looked at the boy curiously, as he bowed in front of the small group. The shadow mage opened his mouth to make a smart remark, but was silenced as his cell phone went off. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozREkEt20oQ.

Gin quickly silenced his ringtone, before looking back at the group he had just  gone through a fantastic adventure with. Giggling to himself, he used the very last bit of his strength to quickly dart in between Shiraga, Will, Yoshirou, and Dani. Without saying a word, the shadow mage swiftly draped his arms around Will, and Yoshirou, before raising his phone's camera to incorporate all five of them in the frame. Before any objections could be made, the camera's flash bathed the boys in a blinding light, that was more then likely crippling after the teams extended time in the stone fortress. 

With his commemorative photo taken, Gin slid out of the group, taking a few steps forward, before turning back once more. "Well Gramps, Barbecue-san, Full metal-tan, and Yoshi-chan . I must say its been fun, and I have the feeling we're all gona be best fr-"  Gin's words were cut short, as he fell to the ground, completely unconscious. His body finally giving into the overuse of his magic, the boy lay sprawled across the floor, his trade mark smile still present even in his sleep. The phone also fell, sliding forward, and revealing Gin with a much more genuine smile, as he stood among his new friends, all tattered, and bruised.

[b][i]One Does Not Simply Get A Word In Edgewise[/i][/b] Balance wasn't a problem for Shiraga in any situation, so as the golem began to crumble, he easily polarized himself to remain upright and land soflty on the ground with the others. As the diamond dragon beckoned them to ride he shrugged and attempted to decline the offer. [color=#9F00C5]"No thanks, I-"[/color] Before he could say "can fly" the dragon suddenly grew and engulfed them all in itself like a giant mech with a cavity in its body for a payload. [color=#9F00C5]"This in not-"[/color] He was again interrupted, by Gin this time, who bunched them all together for a group photo. Shiraga was not amused. [color=#9F00C5]"Hey what the-"[/color] Gin, too snap-happy to get scolded, took the picture while Shiraga was looking at him angrily with his mouth open mid-scold. He blinked and growled through gritted teeth, then raised his cane to whack him hard. But the Gin started talking again. [color=#9F00C5]"Gramps?! Who're you-[/color] But Gin fell unconscious before Shiraga could finish. [color=#9F00C5]"Dammit! What's a guy gotta do to get a word in edgewise around here?!"[/color]

Is now really the time for a photo-op?

Will had actually started to worry when the fortress had begun to crumble around them, after all he didn't really have an escape plan for himself.  The lad toyed with the possibility of creating a ward strong enough to protect himself from the fall, but in all likelihood he would have just caused himself his worst injury yet trying to do so.  His yellow gaze turned up towards Yoshirou on his dragon, and he realized that there was no way all of them would fit on it.  In fact he was just about to voice his opinion on the matter...

And then before he could even speak they were engulfed by some sort of inorganic substance which formed an even bigger dragon around them and proceeded to get them the hell out of Dodge.  He didn't let himself relax though until they were on the ground and in a position to receive medical attention.  Rather than offer a verbal thanks, he simply gave the fellow who was taking responsibility for their escape a thumbs-up.  In fact he was about to walk off and find someone to give him some medical attention, and then Gin  showed up.

Before a word of protest could be spoken, he was drawn in close for a group photo of all things.  When the flash went off, he was still wincing from Gin smacking him right across the burns on his back and shoulders.  Once he'd gotten over the unexpected bit of pain, he was giving the shadow mage a death glare...until the fellow just passed out and hit the ground.  A sigh escaped his lips as he was no longer able to extract vengeance from him for that bit of pain, oh well.  It could wait.  

"Yoshirou,"  Will began, turning his face to the blonde-haired, somewhat androgynous face of judgement, "I know this is going to disappoint you, but I think we should hold off on having our duel until we're in better shape."

-- GM POST --

Yoshirou waved the paramedics over. “Take this guy, and this guy away,” he said, pointing at Gin and Will in turn. “I’m not interested in picking on the weak anyway. Get some rest, you need it. Don’t worry, the doctors in Academy City are top-notch, they’ll take good care of you.” With that, he walked away to join the other Judgment members in the relief efforts. Exhausted of his power, he decided to apply medical treatment for those who were somewhat less wounded and didn’t need immediate attention from paramedics instead of helping with digging people out of the rubble. It was fortunate that whatever barriers were erected around the campus had managed to keep most of the destruction away from the stadium so those who had sought shelter within those walls were unhurt. But, some had not stayed within the stadium, many hoping to help against the battle efforts against the monster, and had gotten caught when the monster collapsed.

[hr]Later, in the hospital

“Wow, you’re visiting the hospital!” remarked Isamu as they strolled past various patients, occasionally popping in.

“Of course. Seeing my beautiful face is raises their spirits and speeds up their recovery. Besides, I must thank those who helped against the golems and the earth monsters and apologize for Judgment’s incompetence in that particular situation,” explained Yoshirou matter-of-factly. “Though, I will then reassure them that, in the end, Judgment did their part and it was the great Aegis who felled the mighty colossus.”

Isamu smiled at that, but then he pressed on with his inquiry. “So why are you carrying food in that bag? I assume it’s for some particular patients?” the black-haired Electromaster deduced.

“This? It’s divine retribution,” said Yoshirou, the corner of his mouth curling up in a devious smile.

“Oh wait... that smells somewhat familiar... is that Mabu Tofu disguised as some healing broth?!” exclaimed Isamu.

“The Englishman won’t know what hit him,” stated Yoshirou. They walked a bit more in silence. “Oh, here we are. Convenient that they are both in the same room.”

“They” happened to be Gin Kagemaru and William Blackmoore. “Hello, Kagemaru-san, Blackmoore-san, I brought some broth to help you guys get better,” said Yoshirou, pulling out two containers, store-bought broth containers, never actually used as Yoshirou obtained them through his connections, and spoons. His angelic smile and comforting tone was something completely perfected over the years.

“Hi,” said Isamu. “I’m Akiama Isamu, ‘Himura-sama’s underling’.” He drew quotation marks in the air as he said that. “Nice to meet you. I thank you on part of Judgment for your help in taking down the colossus. It appears that you’ve been through some rough times. Hope you get better soon.”

[Hospital room]

"You check out fine.  Thanks for cooperating."

Yumi exited the room, dejected.  Thanks to the girl from before healing her wound, Yumi had no major injuries.  No, what really hurt her was the fact that she was scolded for trying to help out.  Well, less 'scold' and more like 'be careful', though the person she was speaking to earlier seemed annoyed at her for some reason... at least to Yumi. Even though I took down one of the villains, it still isn't enough? she thought to herself.  Was it because I couldn't do anything against those giant monstrosities?

After walking down the hallway of the hospital, she found a vending machine in a lobby area.  After paying for some juice, she sat down in one of the chairs in the lobby, quickly chugging through all the juice, and throwing the empty bottle into the nearby trash bin with enough force that it almost came back out.

What did I do wrong?

Me? Make friends? No!~"I won't forget this woman..."

Relieved by how things turned out, she thought she'd head out before paramedics come in (As they might do check-ups on her, even though she's perfectly fine, that's just too stressful for her.) but before she headed out. Sam asked the name of the female summoner with them. The woman called herself Shinka. ("Shinka huh? I won't forget this woman...Hm?") Cheria noticed the woman pick up some sort of page or something similar to such but Cheria paid no attention to this. ""You two... I thank you... for being my acquaintances..." said Shinka. "Hm? Well.. just to make things clear, I have no intention on making friends especially girls. I only helped cause I want these unecessary turn of events done." said Cheria, who crossed her arms and walked away. 

[hr]

The Deserter!~ 

Before getting out of school, Cheria saw a few students, mostly males, being taken away by the paramedics. She also saw the Judgement Poster Boy, Yoshirou, but she felt like she has nothing to do in that current area so she decided to head straight home. 

Along the way, Cheria came across the hospital. Though Cheria had no initial plans on visiting the hospital (Since she dislikes the mood it gives out), she felt like she had to at least check if there people that she may know who may have gotten hurt during the incident. ("Haaaiz...Fine..I'll go check it out.") after clearing her second thoughts, Cheria decided to enter the hospital. 

Cheria checked room by room. Quite a number of students were injured, Cheria tried not to check on people with major wounds. Pleased that she saw no one she knows is hospitalized. Cheria starts walking to exit the hospital but while in the lobby, however, she saw a familiar face chugging down a bottle of juice. "Oh? I see you got out fine. Hohoho!" says Cheria in a quite teasing tone to the Cyber girl.

Sweat poured down Rangi's facing, lurching forward from the bush he lay in.

Bush?

It took him a moment to realize he was, in fact, lying in a bed. He quickly began to examine himself, feeling no major changes to his body, save for a bandage wrapped around his head. He was... still a little dazed from entering such a deep sleep. He squinted hard, staying almost perfectly still as he tried to wake up and gather his thoughts. He was still panting hard from his dream. The wound on the back of his head (courtesy of mister pipe-magi) still throbbed. He arms and legs both ached from not using his powers since he left home. He made a quick prayer, offering the Lord his thanks for his and others safety and the apparent victory of the people here.

Next, all he could do was worry about the events that went down. How many people were injured? How many died? How much destruction was there? What happened to the people responsible? Where is this place?

What did they do with the rocket launcher left lying around?

The Fallen Golem defeated... and a Mage has reappeared!

When Gin was acting friendly towards the group that helped defeat the mage inside the moving Golem fortress, and took a picture, Dani only gave a confused smile about it, since he never realized that mages and espers, people he couldn't relate to in any way, were so friendly to each other; rather that they could be. Next thing he knew, Gin passed out on the ground, most likely due to overexertion of his powers. He almost felt sorry for that, but he also remembered that he caused a little bit chaos in the stadium some time ago. Of course, he'll probably forgive Gin for that, since he did help save the day. Sorta.

[hr]

While a lot of students were being treated, Dani thought there were still people trapped underneath the rubble of the fallen giant, and proceeded to examine the fallen pieces. He heard a few cries for help, and moved swiftly to recover them from the rubble. Carefully moving any small pieces away first, he looked at the big ones, and stuck his right arm underneath, using it as leverage to help remove them; he was really glad the arm was so durable and strong, otherwise he would probably be dead.

"Ugh, man this is hard work. Really wish I had some magical power or whatever... Hmm?"

A man walked up on top of the rubble, and surveyed the area, and gave a small laugh. Dani looked up, and saw someone he struck as familiar. He looked around, to see if any could harvest some samples of the fallen beast for research, but then he realized that someone from below was looking at him, and he had a robotic arm. Dani was more stricken at the clothing he was wearing; black robes, the same as the attackers of the school!

Dani shouted. "Black robes! Are you with those attackers? Who are you?"

This man was Chronix.

Double Trouble
[hr]
"Oh come on, it wasn't that serious was it- OW!"

The Radar Duo was resting. Apparently, the last thing they remembered was saving a bunch of lives from the rubble.

"This is Academy City and I can't seem to stalk any AIM..." Tsubaki sighed.

"And we won't be able to do any jobs for now. Our rotten luck... At least we can leave tomorrow..."

[hr]

The Necronomicon
[hr]
"Acquaintance. Not friend. On another note, may your day be most fine..."

Shinka spoke to Cheria before everyone unboarded the Shantak which then flew into the sky. Shinka then walked away as well in another direction...

[hr]

"Hey sweetie, want to have some fun?"

Before Shinka's eyes, a bunch of teenage delinquents - presumably Skill Outs - were ganging up on a petite lady.

"Typical..." Shinka smirked as her Shantak descended from the sky once more to attack the Skill Outs.

"M- mercy, please! We beg of you!"

Currently in her cult outfit, Shinka smiled, "mercy will only be given if you hand over a certain device only Skill Outs have access to..."

"Wha- what are you talking about?"

"Don't have it? Well then, prepare to be sacrificed to the Outer Gods and the Great Old Ones!"

She smacked them with crowbars to knock them out, Shantak helped too.

Hospitalized? Not quite. 

Mihoshi was quite enraged once she found that the monsters has been taken care of without her help, and refused to follow the paramedic's instruction to have her wounds checked. Of course, she's fine.  However, she is still a bit cross her prized crucifix was destroyed. In the end, she decided to check every room and give "blessings" to some of the patients. And by blessings, she was simply throwing some slightly dead leaves and carnation at them. 

[hr]

Sena, on the other hand, was among the many people almost crushed by the monsters. She only survived through her ability, and she also collapsed once the carnage was over. Luckily, it was nothing major and she was only suffering from overexertion of Clocktower Queen. After a few hours, she found herself in a hospital bed. 

"Huh...? Where.. am I? Oh, right, I collapsed, didn't I?" 

She spoke softly in her bed. She tried to move her body and regain her strength, but was interrupted by an oddly dressed girl who suddenly barged into her room threw some leaves at her, and left again before she could figure out was going on. She giggled for a bit, still confused as to who the girl was. 

"She must be brought here from Stravgoll, which means she's a new student, right? Fufu, this new year is gonna be more interesting than before..."

She reached to the small pocket in her skirt and took out the charm Cheria gave to her earlier. She haven't figured out what it does but she feels much better than ever before, so she theorized it must have some kind of magical healing power. Still, she found herself too tired to be doing anything and fell asleep again, this time with a pleasant smile on her face. 

[hr]

Debts Must Be Repaid, Right?

Mihoshi has went through all the hospital and used up her dead foliage, so she returned back to the lobby to get a quick drink of "Holy Water" - otherwise known as canned lemon tea. She found a vending machine in the lobby and paid for the drink and was just about to pick up her broken cross from her room and leave the hospital for good, but she caught a peculiar girl in the corner of her eye.

"That... Isn't that the uneducated chimp that ruined my crucifix?"

The girl is apparently talking to another girl, but she isn't above interrupting others to get her way. She believes that all debts must be repaid, either through money or by mental torture - and she's not quite sure which one she prefers. She walked over to her former savior. 

"Oi, I still haven't forgotten about the cross, you know. Debts must be repaid, one way or another." She said, in a rather demanding and condescending tone. 

Get me the Railgun

Babylon woke to many sounds and sights at once, both times he was conscious. The first was hearing a paramedic shout, "Hey! Over here!" Then he realized he was in an ambulance, the medical team going through protocol for a conscious severely injured patient. "Can you hear me, sir? You're in an ambulance. You've been severely injured in an accident. Can you tell me your name?"

"B-Bab-bylon... G-Garden..." And with that slipped away the last of his ability to speak. He closed his eyes but his consciousness didn't leave him for a few seconds as he heard the paramedics again.

"Searching database... Babylon Garden. Magician. Transfer student at Stravvgol."

"That must be what this giant book was we found next to him. Ok, you know the drill."

"Right. Testing blood... No detected blood abnormalities, blood type AB+..." And that was the last bit of consciousness Babylon could muster.

[hr]

Babylon's next duration of consciousness lasted much longer, as he was now in the hospital, a nurse changing out his blood bag and an IV drip of something the scientists in Academy City cooked up a little more potent than morphine. "Good day, Mr. Garden," the nurse chirped, "How are you feeling today?"

"Like a railgun hit me," he laughed at the joke, but the smile quickly faded as the sudden rush of drugs and blood loss came back for round 2, and he slumped back into the bed. He could hear some familiar voices nearby, and turned his head to see several students from the golem incident were huddled around two or three other beds with familiar faces.

"And can you remember anything from yesterday's events?" the nurse continued.

Babylon moaned in response. "Please, ma'am, not now. But, could you do me a favor?"

"Yes, Mr. Garden?"

He reached up and grabbed the collar of her scrubs with his good arm and pulled her closer to his face, her face suddenly distorted with worry. "Get. Me. The Railgun." She nodded without saying a word. He let go, and she swiftly left to inform the hospital administrator that he was asking to see Misaka Mikoto, and calls started being made.

"Who is this guy anyway, Onee-sama?" asked Shirai Kuroko. "Don't tell me..." the look on her face displayed utter horror at her baseless assumption. "He's your new boyf--" A powerful electric shock cut her short.

"I told you already. I don't know who he is either, all I've been told is that he's a student from Stravvgoll Institute," said Misaka Mikoto, annoyedly. "But, we don't have anything to do today anyway, and this guy seems to have a bone to pick with me." The Railgun seemed to be itching at the possibility of a fight. Whoever dared call her out like this must have a certain confidence in their abilities and she was ready to take them down a notch or two.

"Stravvgoll? You mean that newly built school for espers and magicians? To think that magic is real," said Kuroko.

"Ah, here we are... Babylon Garden. Huh, what a weird name," said Mikoto, she was about to knock on the door when Kuroko threw it wide open.

"Who are you? And what do you want with Onee-sama!?" she demanded, pointing angrily at the nearest patient.

"If you look at the name tags beside their bed, that's not Babylon," said Mikoto. "It's that guy over there by the window."

Without apologizing to the shocked patient, Kuroko teleported to Babylon. "Who are you and what do you want with Onee-sama!?"

[hr]

"Oh hello there, you in the corner," said Isamu to Rangi. The hospital was quite crowded from the mass influx of patients and there were up to three patients in a room.

"Thank you...for being my acquaintances." "I have no intention of making friends, especially girls." "Acquaintance. Not friend."

Sam sighed as both of the girls left him. "I guess I'm not getting anything good out of today. I was hoping at least one of them would be a bit more...friendly. Looking around, he saw that the paramedics had arrived at the scene of the battle. A few were very near to him. "Hello! I suppose you guys are gonna want me to come with you?"

They did. Sam was stuck in an ambulance with several other people injured in the attack. He sighed again, looking down at his feet. Suddenly, he noticed something missing from them. "Aw crap, I left my shoes in the building!" He didn't think the ambulance would be willing to go back for him to retrieve his footwear, so he just settled in for the ride. "This day had really been going badly."

Later, Sam found himself walking down a hall in the hospital, dressed in a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and black sneakers. The doctors had scrounged up the extra clothes for him, after practically drowning his back in anticeptic, bandaging it along with his leg, and informing him that he fortunately did not have a concussion from the crowbar to the head. All for a fee, of course. Together with purchasing a new uniform to replace the one he'd wrecked, he was going to be out a good chunk of money.

He was currently heading down to the lobby to spend part of that money now. Done of his injuries were particularly severe (although they certainly hurt), and the doctors had practically thrown him out of the room to make room for the more serious injuries. "Not that they can treat minor wounds for free, of course. This business is gonna set me back weeks on that battery." This battery was a very small, very powerful, very expensive model that Sam hoped to use on his homemade railgun, after it was a bit more not-workingy.

He was drawn out of his thoughts of railguns by the appearance of another. There, walking towards him down the hallway, was Misaka Mikoto and some other girl with pigtails. "This day just keeps getting weirder..." They seemed to be in a hurry, so Sam just passed them by without speaking, nodding at them as his only acknowledgment. Then, he continued on his way. People were waiting for his money.

I- Its- wait a second, that isn't based TouMAN

"Our legs seem fine," Tsubasa took his clutches and began peeping out of the door.

"Tsubaki, come look. It's not Accelerator or the Guts guy whatever his name is, but come look!"

Tsubaki grabbed her clutches and walked towards the door to peep out as well.

"R- Railgun..." Tsubaki's eyes sparkled as she began to spasm. "Leeevel 5 Electro-"

Tsubaki hit herself on the head. "Yeah, I shouldn't strain myself. No ability using."

"Misaka Mikoto is a Level 5 Electromaster, known as the Railgun. Signature namesake move runs of Fleming's Law. That reminds me, I have a railgun back at home I have yet to complete..." Tsubasa smiled as he attempted to take a peep at their undergarments, but his eyes hurt and thus he halted.

"Wasn't that a coilgun?" Tsubaki questioned.

"Oh shut up," Tsubasa sighed. "The girl with pigtails. I've seen her doing Judgement work. You do remember identifying her as a Level 4 Teleporter, do you?"

Just then, the nurse arrived.

"Children, you need rest!"

Taken out of his thoughts by the nearby voice of a man, Rangi quickly determined the location of said voice, before looking around to make sure this greeting wasn't given to someone else.

...then he realized that he was, indeed, in a corner, meaning there was no one else for the man to be referring to.

"...Uh...me?"

He still decided to make sure that he was referring to him specifically. After all, he hadn't exactly done anything special in particular. Granted, he took out one of the minor stone-spirits, but in the process he had obtained a painful head injury, fired a rocket launcher, and doesn't know where the magi he tied up even went. And he was sure that someone else had taken out even more of them than he had.

Still, a small smile appeared on his face. He was more or less just happy to have someone to talk to at this point. After all, what's the use of brooding about all this stuff anyway? From here on, things can only get better.

...Unless occurrences like this are normal in this culture...

And life continues

School's Tech Center in the Physics Department.

Taha was pretty much exhausted with the events that took place at the opening ceremony, but he was happy with all of the fruit that event yielded. The data that he gained was extremely valuable. He was back in the lab where his department was stationed. It was hilarious though. Immediately after the victory over Typhon Taha had to heard all of his nanobots back to the school and put them in a special machine that would break them down to the original group of nanobots that form Hyozanryu. It was a tedious process but it had to be done. Afterwards he decided to take a look at all of the footage of todays events. He noticed way more than he initially thought about. So much to display with so little time. There wasn't any true deadline, but Taha wanted to see if he could somehow figure out one of these mages abilities before The Aegis and Blackmore had there duel.It was amazing how random magic appeared to be. Based on simple video footage Taha deduced that Mr. Blackmore somehow stores spells inside the tattoos on his body, but to be able to make blades of wind does not appear to have any connection with those energy spear he was hurtling at amazing speeds. This will clearly take a lot of time to study. 

Taha was a tad sad at the task he had before him. It was clearly going to be so much work. He sulked for a second when he looked up and came to a revelation. Oh my, why don't I just ask another one of these mages to help? I multiple panels on the big screen Taha was looking at all of the student he gleamed as mages were shown side by side. So many mages to choose from too. I like it when my life is made easier.

For me? You shouldn't have. No really... 

Gin looked up from the shadow puppet show he was hosting directly above Blackmore's bed, to see The Aegis, and his "underling" entering the room. The shadows on the ceiling instantly vanished, releasing Gin's captive audience as he sat up, and spoke in a  cheery tone.  "If it isn't  Yoshi-kun! Oh, and he brought a  friend."  As he spoke, two shadowy hands shot out from under the bed, grabbing a broth container, and placing it in Gin's lap. "And you brought us snacks! That's great, because I slept through breakfast..."

Gin flashed the two Judgement members a quick smile, before popping the top of the container, and taking a large gulp of the substance inside. Instantly, the boy's face turned bright red, as steam began to release itself from both ears. In response to the heat, the boys shadow suddenly took from on the wall behind its master, flailing its arms as if it were on fire. Finally Gin opened his mouth in an attempt to speak, only to have  his words take the form of smoke.This cycle repeated for just over five seconds, before the shadow mage's  head tilted to the side, and all movement ended.

After a few moments of silence, Gin abruptly sprang to life, spitting out a stream of the red liquid directly at Yoshirou. With the horrid subsistence purged from his body, the boy looked up at the Aegis, and pouted. "Your cooking  is really the worst, Yoshi-kun..."

Yumi smiled when she saw the eccentric girl from before come up to greet her.  "I'm glad to see you're safe, too."  After thinking for a short moment, Yumi outstretched her hand to the pink-haired girl.  "We never did get to introduce ourselves, because... well, you know...  yeah.  Anyway, I'm..."

Before she could say her own name, another familiar, but not as welcome voice called down from the other end of the hall.  Yumi was, for all intents and purposes, tired of the cross girl's antics.  "You're right, I did break your cross due to my carelessness," Yumi said.  Her current state of mind would not allow her to recognize that her actions were to save the cross girl's life.  "But where to go from here? I guess you can try to crush my head with your feet like you did before, or we can actually find a way to repair your cross... And of course only one of those options will actually not be a waste of time."

Never knew Divine Retribution was so tasty...

In the aftermath of being taken to the Hospital, and kept in a gurney despite his insistence that he could sit and stand perfectly fine, Will Blackmoore had been subjected to many treatments.  Every single one of the open, bleeding wounds had been thoroughly stitched shut to allow for easier healing.  Furthermore, he'd received varying levels of treatments for his burns.  He'd practically had to shout at the doctors to ensure they didn't disrupt his tattoos, they'd suggested in several cases that it would be easier to remove certain pieces of the more severely burned skin and graft new skin on.  Blackmoore wasn't going to have any of that.  Of course he relented to the suggestions of skin grafts in places between the various lines of his tattoos, there were a few spots where enough clear skin could be reached to do such things.  For the most part his burns had been treated with applications of salves, at least that was what he was calling the thick semi-liquid substances, meant to promote the growth of new skin cells.  That was all he remembered at least, because at some point he'd been given a nice liberal dose of anesthesia and had been knocked clean out.

When he finally came to, he was laying on his back covered from the neck down in bandages and his hair had somehow been taken out of its usual spikes so that he had to lift his hands to part it over his face in order to perceive his environment.  This revealed to him that he was in a hospital room in the company of Gin and some other boy who was unconscious for the moment.  Thus it was that he was sitting up, silver hair hanging down to just above his shoulders on either side of his face, when Yoshirou and Isamu entered the room.  He lifted a bandaged hand to them in greeting.

As the store-bought bowls of hot something, that from where he was sitting he could tell smelled spicy, Blackmoore raised a silver eyebrow suspiciously.  All the same, bandaged hands reached out to take the one that was offered to him, assuming Yoshirou moved within reach, but he calmly waited for Gin to try the soup first.  As his temporary room-mate reacted to the spiciness, Will couldn't help but grin at the stupidity of it all.  Still, he figured he might as well try it.

"Well, you can't blame 'Yoshirou-chan' for not bein' able to cook," he began, quite the large grin on his face.  He'd likely blame anything stupid he said now on the drugs used to put him under should it come to such things later.  "As much progress as feminism has gotten it's hardly proper for a woman to be in a kitchen at all anymore."  The grin remained on his face as he lifted the first spoonful of the Mabu Tofu into his mouth...and then paused for a moment.  His eyes went wide as he finally swallowed it...and then proceeded to start shoveling it down his throat as fast as he could.  He'd never really had particularly spicy things before, how was he supposed to know how tasty they were?!  Somehow he managed to avoid getting any of the stuff on himself or the bed sheets, but he certainly knew he was going to have to get more of this elsewhere.

Archived