A Certain Incredible Institute [IC]

Aix

His arms and legs both ached a pained. It had been quite a while since he'd last used his powers, so of course he was a little less tolerable to their negative effects. Shifting positions slowly, he tried to determine what was going on around him. Yelling and destruction could be heard in the background, fairly close by. The sound of buildings being damaged and powers being used. However, by this point, it mattered little to him. Everything mattered little to him. Everything except one thing.

Am... am I in a bush? Again?

Refusing to open his eyes, he maneuvered his arm behind him, grasping the first thing he could find. Feeling the small object he found, he determined three things.

1. It was small.

2. It was covered with the occasional leaf.

3. It was made of wood.

He was in a bush.

Again.

Apparently, the building he was napping on decided to up and leave, refusing to take him with it.

Somehow.

He felt his own weariness begin to overtake him again, making no effort to fight it. By this point, he needed to just ride everything out, like a wave. This place was apparently filled with super strong magi's and espahs. They could handle it.

Right?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam's run was cut short by his favorite demon-summoning mage, who said something about helping the "foe". He turned to look at her. "And what exactly do you mean by that? How if this guy the foe? He doesn't look like a giant concrete monster to me."

Sam noted that the lady didn't seem to be doing any more magic, she just pulled out a crowbar. "That wouldn't hurt too bad while I'm in concrete mode. And I reeeeeally don't like this girl. Whose side is she even on?" He noticed a flash of light out of the corner of his eye, and turned to see the flame thing she had summoned engulfing one of the giants. He could feel the thing's heat from where he was. It was obviously powerful. This thought lead to another.

"And look, even if this guy is some sort of foe, you didn't need to send that monster to charbroil him did you? And another thing, who's foe is he? You could've explained this you know! You could've...you could've..." He clenched his teeth and stopped talking. Really, he had no clue who this mage was or what her plans were, but all signs were pointing to them being of the "bad" variety. He could only stay bonded to the concrete for about 5 minutes, but if he worked fast...

With a yell, he lunged at the woman, raising his right fist to deliver a punch to the face.

"Generic..." Shinka sighed as she flipped her skirt and took out another crowbar, before using her dual-wielded crowbars to negate the punch, before jumping backwards.

"Ah yes. Of course. You lack knowledge in magic," Shinka noted, "you see, Golems are magic constructs. Magic constructs require mana, which is converted life force. Where does this life force come from?"

Shinka paused, then continued, "you know the answer, and you know the plausible reason, I presume."

Shinka then let out a battle stance, one which confused Sam on whether she was going to hit from the left or from the right.

The separation of the Sickly girl and the lucky girl~ "Return it to me when all of this ends!"

"Actually yeah.." Cheria responded. "And err you can think of as Manual labour but don't worry, you'll be okay!" she follows up. "We just need to scatter these runes everywhere we go and that's that!" says Cheria as she grabs Sena's wrist and runs at a high-speed while dropping off some of the runes along the way, each rune is dropped at least 5 feet away from each other.("My charm can make us run faster than a lot of people but geeez, this is still stressful than I thought it would be. If only that high-techie girl was with us. It'd be a breeze for us to finish this!") complained the girl while still dropping of runes one by one. The fortune mage checks on her companion while still dropping of runes. ("I think my charm is working well.. she doesn't seem to be tired even after running for a while now") after doing much running, there are still quite a number of runes with them, overly stressed out, Cheria decides for the duo to split up. 

"Sena-senpai, I think we should split up, bring these with you. You'll need them" says Cheria as she hands over her Charm and half of the runes to Sena. "Make sure you take of that charm. Return it to me when this ends!" shouted Cheria while running off to a different area. 

[hr]  

"This cannot be happening! Not on the first day!"

After the separation, Cheria wanders off, still dropping the runes. A bad feeling runs across her body yet again, ignoring this, she finally finishes with the rune-dropping task. She notices the buildings moving about. "Ehhh?! What the heck is happening this time?!" Shouts Cheria as she is caught by surprise by the random turn of events, witnessing the previously "harmless" establishment turn into a giant human-ish earth figure, the girl runs away in panic as debris falls down from the Giant. "This cannot be happening! Not on the first day!" screams the girl while running away from the danger, "Kyaaa!" the girl slips right before a huge part of the building almost crushed her. "Whaaa...that was close...this is actually too dangerous without my charm..." the girl managed to get away from the monster. "Okay...what do I do now...?" Cheria feels the energy around her, checking to see if there are still many people alive. "There's not much people around here left...Hm?" Cheria feels the energy of 3 familiar people. Most notably the prescence of the stranger who left her the runes who seems to be the one nearest to her and also energies coming from inside the giants. She leaves her current position and heads to the stranger's position. 

[The 5th Golem]

Yumi was prepared for almost anything once she made her decision to try to save the other two girls. Anything, except for what had actually happened. Once on solid ground, the taller of the two decided Yumi while she was down! Well, it was more like she stepped on Yumi's head when Yumi knelt down, clutching he in pain from the wound she recieved earlier.

"What...?" Yumi was surprised when she was being scolded for... breaking a cross. Yumi vaguely recalled cracking something; she was afraid she broke a bone, but a cross of all things? She knows that it was probably important to her, but Yumi would probably at least giggle at that fact... if her face wasn't in dirt... while suffering from a knife wound... while being attacked by stories-tall golems.

Remind me not to rescue her again, Yumi thought to herself, as she attempted to pull herself off the ground. In contrast to how the cross girl responded to Yumi, the other, younger looking one came to her aid... and healed the wound.

"Hah, thanks. You're a lifesaver," Yumi replied, thankful. It's not everyday one gets their wounds healed in such unconventional means. Now healed, Yumi turned on her hover boots again and moved towards the cross girl.

"I'm guessing that cross had some power that can help us in this situation?" Yumi asked, deciding not to hold a grudge for the cross girl's over-reaction. "If there's someway to blow this thing to pieces, then I'm all ears." As she spoke, two clicks could be heard from Yumi's back.

Don't know if I'll need the contacts, but just to be safe...

My Great Old One can't possibly be this flaming!
[hr]

"GWORGH!"
Cthugha proceeded towards the fifth golem, where it wrapped its flaming tendrils around it, before repeatedly slamming its whole body onto it. One could see that the Golem was melting, yet regenerating as they went. It was a clash of the Titans. Literally.

And the golem was being screwed. Literally as well.

Following that, Cthugha merely grew larger as it gradually began to engulf the rock being, melting it at a slightly faster pace. The runes have granted him greater power.

The flaming tendrils were soon seen wrapping the golem like bandages on a... really injured person.

-- GM POST --

[hr]

His chant was complete. Stamping his foot onto the ground once more, multiple arcane circles, made of concrete and earth, burst outwards form the tower beneath him. In response, the entire Earth beneath him lifted up, allowing him to rise to reach an altitude 100 meters, beyond the range of most attacks. There was that problem-some hole in his protective sphere that he was unable to entirely fix and they had managed to destroy the clay tablets that kept his inner castle impenetrable, but he made up for it with various arms, tendrils and tentacle-like protrusions coming out of the mass of earth beneath him to protect him and wreck utter destruction upon the city. It was an amalgamation of various beasts, the incarnation of nature's destructive side, a monster of a religion that preceded Christianity. The manifestation of Typhon.

This spell is amazing... Screw just Stravvgoll Institute, he thought. I could just destroy the entirety of Academy City! However, his first order of business came first and with resounding booms and explosions accompanying it, the mass of earth advanced forwards bit by bit, looking to crush the school.

[b][i][u]A Knight's Work is Never Done[/u][/i][/b] Before Babylon could get an answer from the trio, he looked towards the source of the rumbling, and his jaw dropped. A giant abomination towered over the local buildings, a chimera of various animal-like creatures. He took a deep breath and sighed. [b]"When will this destruction end already?"[/b] He reached behind him and laid his giant book on the ground, using the key around his neck to unlock it. He flipped it open to the back, where the biggest spells are. He located the spell he wanted and took out a pocketknife, cutting his finger open. He put the knife away and began drawing on the ground with his blood while he chanted quickly. [b]"Ancient beasts be born again Fallen to clay, I say, 'Ascend!' Rise now, you mighty winged thing Blaze and fly and scorch and sing..."[/b] His blood began to form a spellcircle on the ground. He started etching multiple runes within the circle. [b]"...Let gods know where your power dwells In quakes and deadly ocean swells Save us from our mortal war And let majestic dragons soar!"[/b] The circle was finished just as he finished the chant. It glowed brightly, so bright it could be seen a mile away. He bandaged his finger as the spell did its work, drawing on the nearest mana it could find, including his. It all flowed into the circle, making it glow brighter still. When there was finally enough, the circle exploded with energy and a pillar of mana erupted into the sky, eventually leaving the circle itself and taking the shape of another dragon. This one was less translucent than Fortuna, and it glowed brigt red-orange. It was a mix between a chinese lung and a western dragon. It had the long slender body of a lung, minus the rear legs, and the arms and large bat-like wings of a western dragon. How was Babylon able to mount the giant 100ft beast? Why, it simply melded into a blob of mana and sunk to the ground around him, where it reformed with him in his place on the dragon's back and shot up into the sky and looped towards the giant ugly golem. As he left, he shouted back to the trio he just saved, specifically the girl who was not a twin to one of the other two. [b]"I'm sorry to leave you, but a knight's work is never done!"[/b]

Taha's Gift of Fight

In the sky between Earth Tower and defeated Golem

Taha witnessed this mystery woman who seemed to be a student at the institute take the lead and enter the behemoth. While his strategy was still being implemented that didn't seem to matter. He noticed that all of a sudden the monstrosity was somehow shut off. Taha could only smile as this person's vast luck was enough to take down a 40 meter high monster. Though the female couldn't see it Taha was applauding her efforts and subsequent success from outside of now non functioning golem. Well that was was pretty good of her. Too bad it seems like she's in some kind of trouble right now. It would only be fair to have return the favor. Though in all honesty she probably saved a lot more lives than he is going to do with her. 

Unfortunately his attention was more than slightly taken when the mysterious stranger had completed his tower of Earthian power. Taha was totally distracted by the height of this tower. He didn't know what to do, then again once the recurring theme other earth based magic in which his ability seemed to be super effective...well moderately effective, he formed somewhat of a plan. He waved his hand and the area where Rin and her assailant were at was suddenly flooded with nanobots. They were constantly eating and replicating inside the monstrosity this entire time. It was the beast's natural regeneration feature that no one would notice. But with that mana seal turned off the bots went wild. They had consumed an entire floor worth of that monster. Taha moved his wrist and all of the nanobots quickly shot out of the nearest window to surround their master. Taha made sure that they didn't land on Rin but they did go through the assailant. Basically they just shoved him out of a window and he would fall to his doom.

Taha began to fly up the tower using the gap in defenses made by that overzealous mage and was slashing away at all of the tentacles. He was getting light headed trying to climb such heights so quickly. Then about halfway through Taha had a brilliant thought. As a level 2 Esper he knew he couldn't engage in direct combat with whoever was a top that tower...buuuttt he knew of some people that could. Thanks to the cameras on his Hyozanryu he saw the vast majority of the action that was going on and everyone's display of skill and/or magic. He stroked his chin and tapped a button on his wrist band. His mental strain was currently at 30% but that was just to keep his miniature dust cloud of nanobots and his one Hyozanryu a float. He did some quick calculations and realized while it would be close to pushing it 100% and a trip to the hospital he could provide an important service to everyone. 

Well here goes nothing. The dust cloud of nanobots came into one mighty spear that Taha hurled directly at the tower. Once it made its way into the mammoth tower the nanobot began to devour and multiply from the inside the tower. It was a race against time but the result was achieved from inside the tower multiple Hyozanryus kept shooting out and flew over to the Esper, mages, and citizens who were fighting hardest against the golems. Each of these important people now had a diamond dragon offering to give them a ride. Taha gripped his head and landed on the ground. This was way more work than he was used to, but it seemed like the most efficient way to defeat this person trying to destroy the city. Oh I hope these people act right and take the free ride. My mind can only handle so much.

[spoiler=A Completely Separate Battle...]Sam yelped as he was knocked by the twin crowbars. Still, it hasn't actually hurt him, and he stepped forward to try again. However, he paused as his opponent decided to talk to him. "Wait, you mean that guy was summoning the gia- er, golem? You know, none of this would've happened if you has just taken 3 seconds to say that sentence 5 minutes ago!"With that Sam clenched his fists and dashed in again, this time going for a left-hand hit. Even if this girl was helping to fight the golems, he was still of the opinion that she deserved a good whupping.

"You persist? You truly are a fool," Shinka sighed, before speaking some bizzarre language. After that, the Shoggoths tossed the 'unconscious' man onto the wall, before readying a battle stance.

Shinka, noting how her opponent was veiled in a rather dense material, knew what to do. She barely dodged the attack, as it had ripped off a little more than the right sleeve of her uniform, showing a strap of her bra, and caused a minor bruise. She then struck from the back at full speed, slamming the pressured edges of her crowbar onto the thigh area, in an attempt to smash his defenses, before releasing a blow kick on the exact same spot, in an attempt to trip him.

While putting a crowbar in her mouth, she proceeded to attempt to pin him down where he would've fallen.

"HaaaaaaAAAAH!" This outburst of Sam's was brought on by the short emotional roller coaster of getting in a hit, and then taking one, which broke off a small chunk of concrete on his right leg (and ripped his brand-new uniform pants). He stumbled. A trickle of blood ran down his thigh, as that wasnt changed to cement. And it did certainly hurt. Then when he was kicked there, he fell, already off balance. "Shi-" He was cut short by contact of his face to the street, followed by the weight of the woman holding him down. "OK, I'm on the ground. That's bad. But wait a sec...is it? I'm made of cement. This girl may be taller than me, but I weigh more now. Therefore...I need to be on top." With that, gritting his teeth at the pain in his leg, he pushed himself up with his left leg and hand, and tried to roll/flip over onto his opponent.

Shinka then leaned closer towards the boy, her breasts on touching his back.. Followed by that, she desperately slammed the crowbar in her mouth right on the back of his head.

The next thing you knew, Shinka was being flipped over by the boy as more of the left side of her uniform was torn. However, she showed no signs of shame. The boy was right on top of her, right in her face. She quickly grabbed his limbs using hers.

After blushing for a while, she spat the crowbar in his face, before speaking an odd language. The Shoggoths seemed to understand, and began to scale the walls...

"Ack!" The hit to Sam's head hurt, but didn't draw blood. He ignored it as he continued his flip, and then he was successfully on top. As he moved, he heard a ripping sound-the girls uniform. "Erm..." He found himself greatful for two things: The fact that cement can't blush (as his opponent appeared to be doing), and the giant golems keeping everyone's attention away from them. 

However, these thoughts cost him. As he paused, the mage grabbed him, and smacked him in the face with her mouth, crowbar. "Ow!" It left a cut on his right cheek. Then, he heard her saying something in a very strange language, and saw her monster friends moving out of the corner of his eye. "Oh crap...can't have those getting involved. Lets try to end this fast." He pulled back with all his limbs on hers, lunged forward, and delivered a headbutt to his opponent's face.

"Ugh!"
Shinka's forehead was bruised badly. This child... truly a pain...

Her lips barely missed his. That was close.

With that, the two Shoggoths jumped down from the great height. This was Shinka's backup plan. With their many eyes, they could easily target Sam's position and slam onto him.

Shinka then gave a wide grin as her head began to bleed.

"Yes! Let's try that again." He raised his head again to repeat his attack, when his opponent started doing two things: smiling and bleeding. Seeing as how those things don't often go together, Sam grew suspicious. "Hey, what are you- oh, s***!" 

The jelly things were plummeting towards him off the building. He tried to roll out of the way, but of course the woman was still holding his arms and legs. He opened his mouth to say something impolite, but never got to, as the beasts slammed into him.

The Shoggoths successfully smashed onto the boy's back, and began to dissolve the concrete outing on his back.

Shinka wasn't one to talk much, so she spoke not a word while giving a smile.

Just then, tremors were heard.

"W- well," Shinka started to shift to a rather nervous blush, "I really, really don't like you... but maybe we could... work together?"

What is... happening to me? This has never happened to me, what is going on?

Sam grunted as the monsters landed on him. He could feel the concrete on his back being worn away. "Not good... if this goes on too long, these things will dissolve my skin. I can't really get away, though."

Before he could think of a plan, the ground started shaking, and he turned his head to see a very large tentacle-covered earthen thing rising out of the ground. His mouth dropped open, and for a moment he forgot his current plight. 

The girl evidently noticed it too. She started talking, and Sam looked back at her, to see her face beet-red. And in that moment, his brain processed five things at once: A, he was lying on top of a woman. B, she was in his school, and was therefore close to his age. C, both of their clothing were somewhat damaged (the jelly things had eaten through a good amount of his shirt and jacket). D, she was certainly not unattractive. And E, their faces were very, very, close to each other. Once again, he was glad for concretes inability to blush or...have other reactions.

He shook his head slightly. "OK, stop. She just said she really doesn't like me, and the feeling's mutual. She's kinda good looking though...no! Shut up, brain." And then she proposed that they work together. "A-a-against that monster?" "Why am I stuttering like she was? It must be fear. I'm scared of the giant death machine...right?" "W-well, I'm not sure what I can do against it, but I'll help y-you as much as I can. I kinda need your monster f-f-friends off me though. And we ought to...um...get up..."[/spoiler]

On wings of Diamond

At the sigil scorched into the ground

Blackmoore turned his yellow gaze upwards as the earth lifted his quarry some one hundred meters into the air.  That barrier around him had been fractured, but there was the issue of the head of these magi now being well beyond his reach, and he'd come very close to exhausting himself with that first spell of his.  Thus it was that his head drooped back to the ground.  He doubted he'd be able to do much more.  If he could somehow reach that gap and get access to the man inside perhaps he could manage to combat him, but stuck here on the ground he was useless.  Bringing down fortresses wasn't something he excelled at after all.  However, a memory of his family came to him.  Specifically something his father had said when he was younger.

"Lad, a Blackmoore never gives up."

He wasn't certain what he could do here, but that memory was all that he needed to force himself onto his feet.  For now, he would fight through the pain of his burns and force himself up there.  He still had his two order spells saved up, and beyond that he could probably force himself to continue casting other spells.  He'd probably be down for a lot longer than originally anticipated, but that would be a small price to pay for repairing the damage to the reputation of magicians everywhere that these black robed little shits had done.

Just as he was trying to figure out how he would reach that break in the defenses, what appeared to be a dragon composed of diamond landed near him and seemed to beckon him to ride upon it.  "Well, that's convenient."  He carefully pulled himself onto the creature's back, before realizing it would have no idea where he wanted to go.

"Carry me to the gap in our foe's defenses, from there I will do the rest."  Either bidden by it's creator or actually understanding his command, the dragon took flight up to that break in the earthen shield.  Meanwhile, Will had an idea he was working out.  This didn't require anywhere near as much energy as the blow that had caused that hole, but it was certain to have some effect.  Once again his hands were pressed together as if in prayer, and a glow came about from between them as he built up the energies of chaos.  His already sensitive skin was caused further pain and a bit more smoke started to flow off of those tattoos of his.  In other places his skin burst and small streams of blood began to spill out, but no need to mind that right now.  He just needed to maintain the energy now, and this dragon was doing a wonderful job of getting him where he needed to be.  

As he was brought alongside the hole in the earthen wall that had allowed the nanobots access to the fortress beyond, he simply threw himself off of the dragon to begin falling towards his goal.  The energies he had gathered between his palms was thrown before him, impacting the stone of this Castle...cathedral...thing in the way one would expect a glob of gelatin to do so.  The energies seeped rapidly into the stone, the chaos having the effect of weakening it to the point of being comparative to packed dirt. As he neared this spot, he threw his left hand out and expended one of his two remaining order spells.  In front of him, and moving with him, a sharply-pointed conical barrier was produced and this worked in a way similar to a drill.  The force of his fall had it slamming into the weakened stone and breaking it apart to allow the caster to pass into this stony fortress.  Once inside, he could properly get to finding and combating this foe.

The empty shadow continues to linger... Or something. 

Infront of the school building.

"Why hello there..." Gin placed his hand on the diamond dragon that had landed in his path. The boy had ventured into the building to retrieve his shirt, and combat knife, only being finding the later. When he had exited the crumbling structure, the dragon appeared from the sky, and greeted him by offering him a ride. "If you're offering me a ride home, the-" Gin cut himself short, as he watched the silver haired boy ride a similar dragon towards the giant earth abomination, that had somehow formed in Gin's absence. The shadow mage took up his usual smile, as he leaped onto the dragon, and pointed in the direction the other boy was flying. "That way please!"

Dodging and weaving through the mass or arms,and tendrils, the dragon tailed the silver haired boy, only stopping once he leaped off his own mount. Gin's eyes widened as he watched his fellow mage descended into the large hole in the beast's armor, taking a second to marvel in the chaos of the situation. While Gin considered ordering his dragon to follow, a stray tendril smashed into the shadow mages mount, causing him to fly off, falling in a similar fashion as the magi before him. As Gin descended down into the hole, he glanced down to see that the silver haired boy had began drilling through the defense with some kind sort of ward. Not wanting foil the mans plan by falling on him, Gin swiftly drew his knife, using the large blade as way to grapple onto the stone walls. Slowly sliding downward until he lost all his momentum, Gin hung upside down from the wall,  smiling at the mage at work. "The Calvary has arrived!"

A scandal on the 1st day!? - "There's no way they'd do that!...Right!?"

Cheria continues heading towards the stranger's direction, carefully avoiding any area that seems to give her a bad feeling, but another odd feeling also came across her mind, the fact that the stranger's energy which she was heading towards is "overlapped" with another energy. ("What the heck...how is this happening!?...Don't tell me....") dirty thoughts crossed her obviously tainted brain and her face slightly blushed at the dirty thought.. "There's no way they'd do that!...Right!?" blushing even more than she already was earlier, the energy seemed really close. Much to her surprise...a scene no one would expect was right before her eyes... ("What the hell!? Wha...whaaaa...") the pair's clothes were partly torned and the male on top of the girl...The scene was....sexy...furthermore, she sees 2 odd looking figures dropping off from a nearby building, it was the abominations that the seemed to be the stranger's (Shinka) followers. Dropping on the man on top, Cheria worries that it's getting dangerous and the guy doesn't seem to be harmful.. ("Perhaps they're a couple? No...") not long after, the man's coating is slowly dissolving but that's not the only thing that was dissolving...His clothes were too..."Kyaaa!! They really are doing it! And it's..Ahhh!" decided to go and stop them, Cheria runs towards them but the earth suddenly shook, causing Cheria to stumble and she sees something coming out of the ground.. "What is that thing... this is the... worst feeling ever today...." she worries that she must hurry and stop the 2 from fighting, but that's not the only thing that worries her, as she slowly stand on her feet, she sees 3 flying figures heading towards them..though she feels nothing bad from the figures. She still rushes to stop the conflict. "HEY! YOU GUYS QUIT THAT ALREADY!" shouts the girl while closing on the two.

The Great Old One is a Part-Timer- I mean, Titan slayer. Or whatever.
[hr]
The Great Old One Cthugha began to grow larger in size. The levitating flame rained fire upon any being that stood below it. As the fire touched the rock beings, they were scalded and began to gradually melt. The tendrils attempting to grab hold of Cthugha, in an attempt to extinguish it. Cthugha just melted its way out and began to fly across the city...

[hr]
My Youth Romantic Edgy Story is the ridiculously well-planned as expected
[hr]
"Well, I have to comment, you are pretty rough," Shinka said to Sam before rising.
Just then, she saw the lucky girl from earlier on.
"There is no need to misunderstand, girl. A long story, but it was a pretty big- OW..."

Shinka's head was still bleeding. "Among many things, I believe that we will have to set our differences aside," Shinka faced Sam. "I can thrash you around again some other day, in a more fun way, but for now..."

A flame began to engulf the flying appendages.

"I do thank you for your assistance, lass. As we speak, Cthugha is melting these beings. He is not large enough to cover the city... yet..."

Shinka then took out her Necronomicon, which let out a large number of runes.

"Well, I believe I should return to doing what I was..."

Cthugha was close by. It proceeded to launch a flame blast, melting half the rock being that popped up.

Shinka then began to chant her usual odd language, before a spell circle which summoned what appeared to be a... bird with a horse-like face appeared.

"Take my hand, both of you, we're travelling by air."

Yoshirou's power was running low despite all his attempts to conserve it, he calculated that he could probably only use it for a minute longer. While it may be just enough for him to run on air and reach the top of the monster, he wouldn't be of any help to the battle efforts with his power exhausted. "Cheh," he muttered as racked his mind for what to do and then he noted the people flying on crystalline dragons to reach the top. Something nudged him from the side and he realized that one of those dragons had crept up beside him, beckoning him to climb on. "My diamond dragon better be in the top percentage of diamond dragons," he said to no one in particular and he hopped on. After over a minute of dodging and weaving through the mass of tentacles that lashed out at them, and Yoshirou occasionally blocking one here and there if they could not avoid it, the proud Judgment officer and his flashy mount arrived at the summit, following Gin and Blackmoore through the hole into the core.

It was a massive spherical chamber which a small fortress was nestled inside. "Not too shabby a place," he commented, but now was not the time to admire the architecture. Approaching the two mages who were already there, Yoshirou realized that none of them were really in a good condition. The fight outside had taken their toll on them all. "We are going to need a plan," stated Yoshirou. "Charging into an enemy base is foolish." He wryly realized that that was his usual strategy when dealing with criminals, but that was when he was at full energy and his power was at full charge.

As it turned out, Sam wasn't the only one who wanted the fight over. He heard a girl's voice yelling at them to stop. And, fortunately, his opponent agreed, and the monsters slipped off his back.

Sam stood, breathing a sigh of relief. "Ouch! Really did a number on my back there..." He rubbed his hand down his back, and it came back bloody. However, he found that his pants were still intact, which cheered him up considerably. Then he looked over to the girl he had fought, to reply to her latest comment. "Heh...just you wait until we duel without your little friends getting in the way. We'll see who'll thrash who"

Following that, he turned to the girl who'd tried to stop their fight. "Hey. I have no idea who you are, but I would like to tell you that this girl and I were NOT stopping in the middle of a giant golem-y battle to make out. I will explain what happened, in detail, after this is all done." As soon as he finished this statement, his head whipped back around to the first relevant female character, and her apparently newly summoned birdy-horse friend.

"OK...you can summon jelly things, flaming demons, and derpy pegasi. Interesting range, there." Evidently, the bird was quite strong, as the girl suggested that they all hitch a ride. "So we're going after the big tentacle guy? Sounds wonderous! But first...um..." He glanced at his former opponent's still-bleeding forehead, and felt his own leg, which had stopped bleeding for the moment. "Don't want to lose too much blood...here take this, um...I don't even know your name. Or yours, for that matter." He said, nodding to the second girl. As he did, he untied his tie, and held it out to the demon-summoning mage. "You should wrap that up before we head up there. And then we ought to do some quick introductions, I suppose...I'm Sam Lawrence. Hi."

[hr]

300px-Aleisb6.jpg

[hr]

"So it appears that the wielder of the Necronomicon is in Academy City, one of your students, in fact," spoke Aleister Crowley. Floating upside-down inside of a clear glass cylinder was greatest magician in all history, a young-looking man with very long flowing white hair dressed in a green robe. Despite his appearance, he was more than a hundred years old. "Your students currently have their hands full dealing with Typhon." Across from him was Frederic Illustria, a long-time acquaintance of his who remained in contact with him even after Crowley defected from the Magic Side to found Academy City.

"I have hidden it all, this entire incident from outside public view to avoid panic, as you requested, and confused Cthugla with glamor so that it will remain in place to avoid large collateral damage. I hate to be another's errand boy, but I will forgive it this once. You will now complete your side of the bargain," said the principal of Stravvgoll. "Show me the power of a Level 5."

"Very well," said Crowley. Satisfied, the Frederic's illusion dissipated.

[hr]

"What in the world is that?" Misaka Mikoto widened her eyes as she beheld the mass of fire in the sky. She was called out of class onto the roof by one of the Board of Directors, an authority no one in Academy City could refuse, and now gazed upon the monstrosity floating in circles in the sky about a kilometre away, like a miniature sun.

"Shoot it down, Railgun," spoke the Director.

"Is this...?" began Mikoto.

"Ask no questions, just shoot it," said the Director. "It poses a certain danger to Academy City and must be destroyed as soon as possible."

Submitting, the third strongest esper in Academy City, otherwise known as the Railgun of Tokiwadai, pulled out a few coins from her pocket. Holding one out at arms length with her right hand, she flicked it into the air. Her arm tingled with electricity and the moment the coin fell back onto her fist, it was accelerated at extreme speeds by electromagnetic forces and a thin but impossibly powerful beam shot from the Railgun's fingertips, piercing the recreated deity. A gaping hole opened up. Before it could heal, Misaka Mikoto fired another beam, a stronger one this time, blowing away a large part of the monster's mass.

[hr]

f3b1b68a.jpg

[hr]

The beast shook, it's magical essence unravelling, and a second later, it exploded.

"Well, there goes our plans," Shinka sighed, "it might be for the better, since Cthugha may have incinerated the whole city... So I suppose something less lethal might do the trick."

Cthugha just exploded. Like that.

"He didn't die. Worry less. And thank you..." Shinka bandaged her bleeding forehead.

Every single rune gathered into the air and all of them withdrew into the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon could just produce more, but...

Shinka chanted once more, summoning what appeared to be a fish with frog legs, and lacking a tail. "My Deep One is a requirement for my plan."

Shinka then spoke in her usual odd language before the Deep One dashed away.

"New plan. The first step is to follow the Deep One to the primary battlefield..."

I am not a Myth

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. One of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World, almost mythological from what little evidence supports its existence. That was how he felt sometimes. Mythological. His own memory barely supported his existence, sometimes wondering if he was even human, if he was born as a human from another human the natural way. But, then again, what is natural anymore? This city is a living contradiction to the universal assumption of what is "natural." Men and women were punished by God for building the Tower of Babel, and ancient scripts tell of the hanging gardens nearby. Did God punish King Nebuchadnezzar II for building these mythological gardens?

Is that what happened to me? Am I being punished for something, by not remembering who I really am? Was it because I revered a creature just as mythological, what many feared as a demon on Earth bent on destruction?

No, he wouldn't let that thought consume him. He wasn't just some fairy tale mothers told their children to warn them of what happens to those who side with dragons. He was real, he was here, he was going to make a name for himself, as the stuff of history, not legend.

But he wasn't prepared for what happened in that first few seconds.

I am a Knight

Earlier, Babylon noticed a smaller, diamond covered dragon fly up next to him. He noticed a few more just like it giving others a ride and he took the hint, despite already riding a dragon of his own. He had an idea. He would ride the diamond dragon up above the earth monster and use his mana dragon to launch a powerful mana blast. It was a good plan at the time. He didn't expect to take critical damage so far away. But he was wrong.

"AAAAIAAAHAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

He swerved the diamond dragon to dodge one of the flaming one's stray fiery tendrils, only to be struck by a random shot fired from a distance, a yellow beam slammed into his right arm as the coin passed through, breaking his radius and ulna in his forearm and tearing open the part of his arm that led to the ulna. He lurched forward, losing the grip he had on the dragon with his now broken arm and clinging for dear life with his left arm while he cradled his broken arm to his chest. His mana dragon was on its way up above the monsters as instructed by him a moment ago. The object that struck him continued on unaffected by the impact, and blasted a hole in the fiery monster.

So much for that plan.

"Dammit! What was that?!"

As if in response to the question, a second beam whizzed right by him. It didn't hit him, but it was dangerously close. That one destroyed the fiery monster completely. He smelled that familiar smell of static electricity in the air, that kind of burning air smell. He had a hunch who was behind those beams. What also gave it away was the fact that his hair stood on end from the passing beam. "The Railgun!" he said out loud. He heard a lot about the Level 5's in Academy City, and a girl with electrical powers nicknamed "the Railgun" was one of the few who stood out among the Level 5's in his head. He'll find out who she is and have a stern talk with her when this is all over.

Right now he had more pressing matters. He mentally ordered the mana dragon to begin attacking the remaining monster, and it did so, breathing waves of fire on it to melt it down quickly. He wouldn't be able to hold up that spell for long. The damage to his arm was almost critical, and the pain and loss of blood was making him drift into unconsciousness. He leaned forward on the dragon so he wouldn't fall off and clutched his broken arm tightly at the wound, moaning in pain through gritted teeth as he tried to stop the blood loss. The diamond dragon kept him out of reach of the monster but in range of his mana dragon so he could command it, but the mana dragon couldn't do anything anymore, and started fading with Babylon's consciousness.

Into the belly of the beast.

Will didn't bother looking up as he heard the arrivals.  The first was one whom he was not familiar with, and the second was quite clearly Yoshirou.  From where they were, they could probably smell his flesh burning from the strain that his powers had put on him.  Still, in another few moments he'd forced his way through the weakened earth and from there he fell into the halls of the fortress beyond.  Thankfully the barrier which he'd used as the implement to power through the weak spot crumpled and broke on impact with the ground, thus breaking his fall before dispersing into energy.  He turned his yellow eyes up through the hole he'd left in his wake towards those who had followed him

"The plan is simple.  We find our foe, analyze his capabilities, and use that analysis to destroy him.  Now, if if you two would get down here we could actually start on that!"  It wasn't often that Will allowed his emotions to run into his speaking, but being a little bit frustrated with the fact that those who had presumably come to assist him in this battle did certainly help him to make his point heard.  Either way, whether he was going to be accompanied or not, he turned his gaze down from the hole he'd made and began examining the interior of this fortress.  There wasn't very much that he could do until he knew where there was to go, and also knowledge of his surroundings could help him avoid being blind-sided.

An odd team. The fortune mage, the summoner and the material copier- "This is getting stressful..."

Seeing as the two stopped..."fighting", Cheria let out a sigh of relief, however, Cheria noticed that there was a small rivalry forming form the two. ("These two...are weird..") The two helped each other. She continues waiting for the two to treat each other. Not a while after they treat each other, the only male in the group intitiated a short introduction.  "...I'm Sam Lawrence. Hi." the man says. Much like how Sena opted a greeting to her, Cheria's still not seeing how it is appropriate for the current situation to exchange introductions...But seeing as there really much they can do yet, Cheria decides to introduce herself as well. "Well...I really don't see why you people like introductions at non-suiting moments..but okay.. I'm Cheria, Cheria Autriche." just as Cheria finished her introductions, the female summoner has also finished with her incantation and with that, a seemingly odd-looking...horse with wings? appeared before them. ("This woman's really into showing her magic... As of now, I don't want anyone to know the true nature of my magic, not that it's really noticeable..") A sudden blast struck one of the female summoner's creations..or at least she thinks it was hers. "Whaaaa.." surprised with the monster falling to 1 or 2 of what seems to be an unexplainable burst of energy, Cheria worried for a bit if whoever caused the fall of the monster might be an enemy, but that doesn't seem the case and besides, her allies weren't worrying much so things may be ok..or so she thinks. The female summoner summons yet another monster. This time a some sort of amphibious looking thing which she calls "The Deep One". The said monster monster headed out after it's owner gave her orders in an odd language. "New plan. The first step is to follow the Deep One to the primary battlefield..." says the summoner. "What would be the plan then? Haaaiz. I hope we end this quickly. This is getting stressful.." said the already impatient girl. 

Down the rabbit hole...

Gin watched as the gray haired mage examined the inside of the fortress, the man was apparently  trying to be cautious. Leaping down from the wall, Gin landed beside his fellow mage,  twirling his knife as he looked back at the Aegis. "I agree with Barbecue-kun, we destroy the controller, and this whole thing turns to dust." The shadow mage closed is eyes, as he concentrated on the flow of mana within the structure. Luckily, every inch of the area was soaked in magic, forming a glowing map of the fortress's dark interior, and granting the shadow mage a sixth sense of sorts. Taking note of the powerful mage in the center of the building, Gin looked around at his allies, before pointing down one of the many dark corridors. "Found him." 

Without a moments hesitation, Gin leaped past the gray haired boy, vanishing into the blackness of the fortress's walls. "Looks like us mages have an advantage here. Yoshi-chan, you might wana stick close... we cant have our fearless leader getting lost now, can we?" Gin's voice held a cheeky tone, and if one listened closely, they could hear the boy's footsteps getting farther, and farther away from the hole.   

Central Cavity of one of the Golems

Inside the cavity, a shot rang out, passing through Rin as she managed to phase just in time to avoid the attack. As the mage prepared to fire again, the whole Golem shook around them, and then stopped moving entirely. The shaking was enough to throw her enemy off balance, and Rin phased back and dived for her gun, managing to grab it off him, as a wave of tiny nanobots appeared, devouring everything in their path, and thankfully avoiding her. Her opponent wasn't so lucky though, being knocked through a newly created hole to the outside and falling off. At that moment, the golem started to collapse and fall, thankfully backwards so she only got thrown into the wall and not out of the cavity she was now needing to take shelter in, catching glimpses of the fights still going on. As it hit the ground, and seconds later she hit what had been the wall, and was now more of a floor, she could hear a few cracks around her body from the brute force impact, not having enough energy left to phase again and avoid it. Looking up into the sky as her vision began to fade, she saw first one then a second yellow beam she recognised followed by an explosion. As the last of her consciousness faded, she spoke once more, not expecting anyone to hear her, but speaking again regardless. "I'll have to remember to thank him, that nanobot guy." With that, her eyes shut as she lay, still in the central cavity of the golem, completely unconscious.

Who's That Esper?!

The last of Babylon's consciousness failed him, but he managed just enough to melt away a hole into the cavity of the beast before the mana dragon disappeared. The diamond dragon he flew on didn't notice in time that he slipped off and fell from a height that could kill him. It spun and divebombed trying to reach him in time, but it wouldn't. Babylon didn't even get to have one last self-contemplating thought before he fell unconscious.

"Whoooooooah there, dragonrider!"

The esper slid under the falling body and propped himself on his cane while he polarized the magician's fall, slowing him down to a complete stop inches above him. He then stepped out from under the magician and lowered him to about a foot from the ground, and dropped him. Not a very graceful catch, but he didn't really care. It still worked. On that note, he repelled the body across the ground and out of harm's way, just as the dragon flew downward, then hooked up horizontally to retrieve the boy. He smirked at the sight and turned around to face the monster, his earbuds cranked up high to American hard rock music - specifically Three Days Grace - and pushed off the ground with his ESP, leaping high into the air and flipping into the hole in the top made by the vary magician he saved.

Follow the White Rabbit

"Alley-oop!"

With the most graceful of entrances, Shiraga landed inside the fortress, with the most ungraceful of landings. He ended up foot-tackling what first looked like a girl. The blonde ponytail hair was all that stood out to him before he landed right on top of it. "Oh sh*t I'm sorry! Haha, are you okay, girl?" He laughed apologetically and held out a hand to help the person up.

TTA: Taha's Transit Authority vs. Typhon: Tower of Earthian Power.

In front of Typhon and still in the stadium parking lot. 

Taha was busy monitoring all of the dragon's and subtly controlling them as some of the participants took full advantage of them. Thanks to those dragons a select few of strong combatants were able to make it to the top of the tower where their seemed to be some kind of fortress. Taha was gobsmacked by this revelation. How much power did this one person have or were all mages capable of something like this. Taha noticed that everyone abandoned their own mode of transportation when they decided to enter the fortress. Though he personally thought that a diamond dragon would be a good ally in a fight there was a slight chance that the Hyozanryu copies would get in the way of any major combat.  Well this does give me more resources to work on slowly deconstructing this tower. The Hyozanryu's that everyone had already ridden to their destination crashed into the tower at various locations and the nanobots that made up the dragons began eating the tower and multiplying. Naturally he wasn't about to take the tower out completely but it did give him a good chance to maybe hollow the tower out and hopefully make the weight of the fortress cave in. 

While preparing his assault on the tower he finally took notice of the giant fire beast that was also going to attack the tower. His eye twitched as he grew increasingly annoyed at these mages. Fortunately coming from his rear behind a massive beam of energy blasted the fire beast out of existence. How can one shoot something theoretically made of fire? This phenomenon took up most of his attention and then he started looking at the facts. So let's see high powered electric discharge and traveling at borderline supersonic speeds. Well that looks like it would be the infamous level 5 "Railgun" I've heard so much about. She does not disappoint. Luckily for Taha the Railgun seemed to have dealt with the flame tentacle beast. Next he noticed that one of his passengers had took it upon himself to launch a massive dragon like attack at the tower. That would help him in the end when it comes to fully dissolving the tower. Somehow throughout all of the commotion the Hyozanryu that this person was riding had missed its mark and the male began to fall. He cursed himself for his statistical error on this part but it seemed as if the lad was saved by some other person. Well that worked itself out.

Finally while he was dealing with the tower he made sure one of his Hyozanryu's handled an extra fragile package. Naturally the Diamond Dragon was carrying the young Esper girl he had saved earlier. While he didn't have time to deal with the emotional burden that came with letting that one fall and break bones the least he could do was guarantee her safety by flying her to the paramedics who were stationed at the stadium. In the back of his head he wondered why other mages and esper's partake in the relief efforts. No matter he had enough on his plate to deal with.

Archived